Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
usedbooks at 9:59AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
I keep wanting to post after comics I haven't commented on before, but I can't seem to get the timing right! Oh well.

Salt the Holly is a lot of fun. I gotta say I always get a kick out of the posters and the witty dialogue. As for today's update, yep, panel 3 does assault the eyes quite violently! Lol. You're getting the hang of digital coloring too. (I confess that I do miss the pencils, though. I'm a lover of traditional media.) I'm excited about the upcoming party. Sounds like a good setting for some mayhem…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Used Books, after hearing a very upsetting revelation and fleeing from her home yesterday, Seiko has turned up in a bar (not a typical activity for her… and she is a lightweight) attempting to drown her sorrows. I had some fun with the art on this page. Panel 1 sets the mood, and I enjoyed drawing a bar (though I've never been in one myself).
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
ttyler at 9:11PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Poor Seiko,…when will she learn? When you are out late at a bar….ALWAYS wear neck protection!!
I like the writing on this, and the grey effects look good. This is a fun to read strip, that makes you want to know the characters more, and what will happen to them next. Nice, simple and Great. Nuff said.

…………………..

One more ENGINE update, just cause I was up late and was bored. Well, all the current players are in the same room, but little do they know , that danger lurks on the upcoming next page, and it wants Korsairs head!! Oh man!! I can hardly wait myself, and I KNOW whats going to happen! Check it out at

http://www.drunkduck.com/Engine/index.php?p=385536

sorry,…It's going to take me a while to learn this banner and link stuff. Please bear with me. :-)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
Frostflowers at 3:10AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Your comic is utterly gorgeous, ttyler. The inking-style, the characters, the panel layout - ooh, you've just earned yourself a fangirl!

(And a tip on links - if you want it to be clickable, simply wrap it in url-tags - insert link here with the spaces removed. The best way to learn how to do it is to quote someone else's post and see how they did it. ;) )

Morphic updates this week with a bit of shouting, a bit of violence and a bit of running away. Nico's very good at running away - it must be all the practise he's getting. :P
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
spacehamster at 4:14AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Haven't seen Morphic before, but I must say I like the art style - it's very distinctive and slick with a nice professional finish to it.

The current Bulletproof page also features someone doing something she's good at… two things, actually: Shyft yelling at people and shooting things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
ttyler at 4:59AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Bulletproof simply kicks arz!! Intelligent writing, great characters and great art….what more do you want? More Crackers with that Wendy's chili??? AINT GONNA HAPPEN!! So you might as well check on a sure thing and check out Bulletproof!

………………

Engine updated one more time today, because…….I was bored. Hum the tune, “Sturday nights all right for fighting” and hit the link!!!!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Engine/index.php?p=385650
Aurora Borealis at 5:19AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Engine: Simply. Lovely. Art.

Very dynamic page :D

Din Krakatau updates for the 15th time with a bit different page than the ones I usually do :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
dueeast at 5:56AM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
@ Din Krakatau - Strange and interesting page! For some reason, it had a Doctor Who feel to it! Excellent colors and a great layout.

Off Hours updated today, and the dyn-no-mite 70's groove is still goin' down with the men fixing the generator and the ladies at the lodge! The art on today's page is brought to you “in Retrovision” by blntmaker of Better Luck Next Time. The script is by Tantz Aerine of Wolf and blntmaker.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Loud_G at 6:03AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Off Hours: Today's strip is gorgeous! The art is fantastic, the Retro look is really quite good and the story continues fun and interesting! This comic is a must for all drunkduckers! Go visit!

———————————–

George the Dragon updated today. It is the 50th page! 50! Wow.
Find out what George is up to:

Go! Visit George or he may have to eat you!*
*Disclaimer: George may or may not eat violators depending on hunger level and scarcity of better tasting prey.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:46PM
kyupol at 6:20AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
@George the Dragon - wow. a funny reptoid comic. Its shocking to see a reptoid being so dumb. He musta be a hybrid of some sort. lol

—–

MAG-ISA updates today. This is how to pick up girls. lol
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
albone at 7:37AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Mag-isa shows what happens with borderline obsession kicks in. Very powerful and dramatic stuff.

Rival Angels updates today and we see Brooke change the tide of the match and pick up where she left off.

You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
kiandranishan at 8:25AM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
Rival Angels - Great action and angles! Brook is bringing the pain!

Of Snakes and Apples (warning full nudity) updates with the end of chapter 1. Adam reaches out to Eve.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Mondo_Funky at 8:55AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
@OSAA- I love the little blush in the last panel. It's so…cute.

In Smoke Manmuscle, P.I., we check out Chuck's place of business, and Conan makes a new friend.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Ziffy88 at 9:18AM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
I'm waiting for that guy from Gremlins to appear…Release me!

A-list updates…
http://drunkduck.com/a_list/index.php
tackle!
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Mister Kent at 9:42AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
@ A-LIST: I like how you made good use of blur and focus, which really paid off, especially at the end. Exciting action, too!

Blood Groove updated earlier today. The truth is out about Ezra's fate, so what can he make of it? Ummm…I'm not sure. I haven't written that far ahead (hee - just kidding)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
PyThomas at 10:02PM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Re: Blood Groove - Great job on the lettering, I liked how it varies. Rest of the page awesome as usual.

Today on Times Like This: Another look at Cassie's Bucket List!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
simonitro at 12:35AM, April 5, 2008
(offline)
On Times Like This, the lady had positioned herself under a rocket in a very interesting position… lol… well, that's the first thing what I had in mund when I saw the page.

—————————————–

On Electronic Revolutions: The Burnhams, after getting out of prison, the heroes wanted to gain trust on some people but one of them is in rage. How're they gonna calm this situation.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
ttyler at 4:05PM, April 5, 2008
(online)
Where is Dr Phil when you need him?? Electronic Revolutions: The Burnhams…….well……what we have here, is a family in crisis. They need some intervention of the worst kind. I am not familiar with this series, but I can say it is unique and pretty wild!

…………

Engine has updated. Korsair is confronted with problems from the past, and a character is turned into shredded wheat.

JustNoPoint

Katch at 7:30PM, April 5, 2008
(offline)
Holy geebuz O_O that is some CRAZY action and inking skills…good JOB~!!

RA updated…uhhh…NOM

XD
Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
hpkomic at 10:22PM, April 5, 2008
(offline)
Katch: Wonderful monsters and great use of red against the minimal colors!

Cosmic Dash has updated! It's a pretty page!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Skullbie at 10:30PM, April 5, 2008
(online)
@Hpcomic
Wow the colors are amazing, they work together so well. I Fav'd your comic btw ;)

—————————

Plastic updated with all-color comics and fun story arc.
(click sig link, that i need to update the art on lol! )
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:45PM
ttyler at 4:40AM, April 6, 2008
(online)
Plastic by Skullbie is great. The characters are interesting and written in such a way, that you just can't help to come back, to see what happens next. The sign of a well written comic if there ever was one!

………………………..

Engine has update again. This is the second to last page of chapter 2. The old master seems to recall something. (No, He didn't leave the toaster on…..but close.)

]
freakenburger at 9:34AM, April 6, 2008
(online)
Engine is pretty much a professional job, it should be availiable in stores, not the internet… It's a real good one and it has commercial appeal too.

Both Telenime and Freakenburg are updated!

In Telenime, we keep watching Mireille's worst day ever. This time we see her doctor's appointment.

In Freakenburg we're introduced to another character, Mariko's Grandfather. He seems to be cool.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Katch at 3:29PM, April 6, 2008
(offline)
Oohhh, i like the tones =D
i haven't found a good program to do that with yet~

Nu & Me updated, intermission of the calendar and hello Rawk bunny X3
Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
Ziffy88 at 10:41PM, April 6, 2008
(offline)
salute to those who rock like Katch

A-list updates
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/
Throw away!
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
ttyler at 2:56AM, April 7, 2008
(online)
This week on “The other me”………Decisions, decisions. Man, I can't decide between War-toads of the astrial plane part 7, or Electric Boogaloo part Deux…………

……………..

Engine has updated with the final page from the current chapter. 2 Important rules in a successful battle plan are laid out for you today. No trolls, old people or Kung fu students were harmed in the making of this chapter.

spacehamster at 5:01AM, April 7, 2008
(online)
As usual, ttyler impresses the $%#& out of me with his dynamic poses and super-duper-awesome inking. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Bulletproof updates today - we finally find out what “happened to Shadow”, and a little man named spacehamster switches to lettering with Illustrator, which makes him very happy in the pants.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
Baconators at 5:29AM, April 7, 2008
(offline)
What to say about Bulletproof that won't sound like I'm some little drooling boy…well, of course, the comic shines mostly in its gorgeous and stylistic artwork, not to mention the artist's newly found skill in lettering (honestly, I love the 3rd and 5th panels). Just this latest comic has already got me reading the rest of the archive. Three thumbs up on this one!

————————–

What if updates today with some pun-tastic fun =)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
DAJB at 5:53AM, April 7, 2008
(online)
The trouble with single-panel gag-strips is that it's hard to comment on them without giving away the gag. Like today's instalment of What If

I mean it's funny and … oh, it's got a rabbit in it. One you know. And it's not Bugs. (Did I say it's funny? ‘Cos it is. Go see!)

It’s update day at Shades today, too. No rabbits, I'm afraid. And disappointment too for those of you hoping Becky might be coaxed out of her clothes again.

Oh, but we do have a wild redhead throwing pointy sticks at people. Come on - that's got to be worth going to see!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
crifmer at 7:53AM, April 7, 2008
(online)
I love Shades. The characters are fantastic, and today's comic finishes the backstory for probably my favorite character.. and provides insight into the other character that could probably be my favorite. Why am I being cryptic? You should go read the comic to find out. ;)

———————

Posted will not update until later this evening, but I wanted to give a shout out to Bark Hollow, a great community project spearheaded by Nega Link. He's writing the thing and getting various members of the DD community (and elsewhere) to draw pages. And he needs artists, so please sign up!

Anyway, today's page is my page, so I felt I could mention the update, since it's kind of a comic I worked on and all… it's a BIG departure in style for me. I.E. It's not drawn on post-it notes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
D0m at 8:00AM, April 7, 2008
(online)
Bark Hollow is an interesting community project, with an interesting page for you to look at. It's worth you giving it a look. I feel like it's got life to it, regardless of whether or not you like the story. Check out the rest of it, while you're at it.

Nadya also updated today, and I'm not going to beat around the bush. I'm proud of my art job this time around, and you should take a look because it's got a naked shadow-woman cackling at a man whose soul she's about to absorb. Please look at it, you won't be disappointed. I promise.

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon