Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
Scott D at 6:13AM, April 4, 2020
(offline)
NRG Comics wrote:
I love how your comic focuses on the art of parkour and free-running. It's a very difficult sport to get into, but to watch people do it is fun.

We ourselves just released a brand new series with Issue 0 of Zener: Master of the Mind https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Zener_Master_of_the_Mind/

And we will be having an #indiegogo #crowdfunding campaign for Vol. 1 in March! We encourage you to take a read, and if you are interested in backing this project, you can join our mailing list on our Website:https://nrg-comics.com/

I for one absolutely love superhero fiction, and I really like the Silver Age feel of your main character's costume. You have a reader in me.

Barkham Horror updated on 3 April 2020, and strange things continue to pursue Adrienne Barbara Whippet and her new friends. While Adrienne recovers from her ordeal at the end of the previous chapter, troubled teen Tom Dobermann, Jr. fears for the outcome of his latest misadventure, but his no-nonsense girlfriend, Frenchy Caniche, is eager to set his mind at ease. What awaits them in the woods that surround the mountain town?
last edited on April 4, 2020 6:14AM
Seanimusprime98 at 1:42AM, April 7, 2020
(offline)
I personally like the black and white Nature of your series. It gives me that Manga feel to it. Meaning like I like that it's in black and white instead of color.

Greetings all, I've made a new story about a young scientist that is tired of staying in the same place and wants to explore. But in his culture it is forbidden to associate with anyone other than their own, find what happens when he meets a Mysterious Nijestrian female that is from the forbidden lands. Here is the link to the first episode: Osmus's Journey the series
Spice at 5:47AM, April 7, 2020
(offline)
Well before I talk about my new update, the law requires I mention the comic before me.
Nah I'm just kidding, for real though.

Barkham Horror follows the life of Adrienne Barbara Whippet after she receives a letter from her father asking her to travel to a small town called Barkham, causing her to believe that she was going to meet him. Unlucky for her however, because in reality she was inheriting Brindle Hall, the house her father used to reside in. After finding out this news, being delivered from her dads lawyer, she decides to give it a try and stay there. But things aren't all as they, because it seems like nearly everyday a strange and/or bizarre event happens which is quick to slip its way into Adrienne's life. I don't want to spoil anything, as so far this is a truly great and intriguing story and I honestly recommend reading it if have yet to do so, because if my dumb*ss likes it, then i'm sure you will too.

Anyways, onto my story. The Everyman vs Dr Homicide has just been updated today on the 7th of April 2020. Quick recap, Bernard, an everyday working man, was on his way home when he happened to come across an unimaginably powerful weapon called the PlotHat. The PlotHat grants Bernard the power to do literally EVERYTHING he wants, so long as the Plot calls for it, and since he can force the plot to call for it, he can do pretty much everything you can imagine. So after wreaking havoc for a bit with his newfound power, the government sends Dr Homicide, a stupidly strong hitman to take him out. After the Doc confronts Bernard, an all out slobber knocker erupts.
Anyways, from where we left off last time, Dr H is left unconscious and thinks back to what got him to where his. He reminiscences on his deceased wife and his first ever battle, then to him training so he could get stronger and become a hero. After this he picks him self up and enters Mana Tapu form (Māori for Divine/Holy Power)and is finally ready to take on Bernard.

Edit: umm….did i just do the wrong comic/update to talk about…sorry |:
last edited on April 7, 2020 5:48AM
tinchel at 12:03AM, April 20, 2020
(offline)
Hello! So I'll comment on two since I feel bad that someone got skipped.

Spice wrote: The Everyman vs Dr Homicide has just been updated today on the 7th of April 2020. Quick recap, Bernard, an everyday working man, was on his way home when he happened to come across an unimaginably powerful weapon called the PlotHat. The PlotHat grants Bernard the power to do literally EVERYTHING he wants, so long as the Plot calls for it, and since he can force the plot to call for it, he can do pretty much everything you can imagine. So after wreaking havoc for a bit with his newfound power, the government sends Dr Homicide, a stupidly strong hitman to take him out. After the Doc confronts Bernard, an all out slobber knocker erupts.
Anyways, from where we left off last time, Dr H is left unconscious and thinks back to what got him to where his. He reminiscences on his deceased wife and his first ever battle, then to him training so he could get stronger and become a hero. After this he picks him self up and enters Mana Tapu form (Māori for Divine/Holy Power)and is finally ready to take on Bernard.

You really caught me off guard since I'm not used to the style of comic but I ended up enjoying it anyway. The story is so over the top but it works for what you're doing and you definitely got some laughs out of me.

Seanimusprime98 wrote: Greetings all, I've made a new story about a young scientist that is tired of staying in the same place and wants to explore. But in his culture it is forbidden to associate with anyone other than their own, find what happens when he meets a Mysterious Nijestrian female that is from the forbidden lands. Here is the link to the first episode: Osmus's Journey the series

I really like your story concept here! The only thing I wish got explored some more is more about the culture of his people. Maybe show us how he fit into that culture so the reader can contrast with the world he has found outside? Having some sort of reason/history that they don't trust outsiders that is established can make the bond between him and Vera carry more weight because it's a fear he would have to overcome (besides just being ugly monsters). I hope that makes sense !!

——

And now my comic:
Update here

Jano is a story that has been stuck in my head off and on for years. The world has built up and is actually part of a larger multiverse of mine. But ANYWAY, the story so far is that Jano is a loser that can't pass his first level of training to be a Guardian and is about a decade behind his peers on that front. Both his parents were guardians so that was the last thing he was holding on to before he recently found his family's totem. That gave him a bit of false hope and he is still failing that class.

Guardians were those that helped defeat the spirit beasts that used to roam the world. Since spirit beasts have been extinct for hundreds of years, Guardians gradually became the peacekeepers between villages. They are diplomats but will fight if an agreement can't be met and all the villages agree to abide by the decision. Guardians are able to channel their spirit and it's seen as being blessed by the gods. Jano is not so blessed.

You all should read my comic because I write an amateur haiku for every chapter and someday I'll mess it up and you'll get to correct my syllable count.

Just kidding.

Without spoiling anything, I think my comic will be worth a read because it focuses a lot on his personal growth and adaptability through major shifts in the world. He'll have some heavy decisions to make but any more would spoil too much.

I only have two pages up so far, but I will have chapter one completed by 5/4 with some expedited updating every Monday until then (probably 5+ pages on the next two Mondays). After that, it'll be a page or two every Monday. Yea, you'll probably see me back around the forum.

^ jano's face in this panel is my face whenever I'm working up the courage to post anything hahaha
last edited on April 20, 2020 1:33AM
gmaximin at 7:30PM, Aug. 12, 2020
(offline)
tinchel wrote:
Jano is a story that has been stuck in my head off and on for years. The world has built up and is actually part of a larger multiverse of mine. But ANYWAY, the story so far is that Jano is a loser that can't pass his first level of training to be a Guardian and is about a decade behind his peers on that front. Both his parents were guardians so that was the last thing he was holding on to before he recently found his family's totem. That gave him a bit of false hope and he is still failing that class.

Guardians were those that helped defeat the spirit beasts that used to roam the world. Since spirit beasts have been extinct for hundreds of years, Guardians gradually became the peacekeepers between villages. They are diplomats but will fight if an agreement can't be met and all the villages agree to abide by the decision. Guardians are able to channel their spirit and it's seen as being blessed by the gods. Jano is not so blessed.

Let's be honest, that scared me off at first since it's far from being the type of thing I'd normally read, but that's the game right…
That being said, I did make it through the end of chapter 1 (loosing files suck).
On the good side:
- The story is simple enough to understand despite references to other works, so first time readers don't get lost.
- It's entertaining enough not to drop, with events all the way.
- I really like art on page 8

On the less good side (at least to me):
- Movements, pages are too static (example when Jano is running)
- Colors, not my taste I guess. Example is the forest scene with contrast between blue sky and trees not that aesthetic.

——————————————————————–

Now here is my work, also available on Effy's own site.
Now things to scare people off: it's conceptual, and in black and white.
Still there? Now the rest… you should read it because it's inspirational. Whether you like it or not, it'll hopefully make you reflect and ponder about the business world (which is our world) and how it affects our everyday life. It's about the personification of efficiency (a character called Effy) and her musings. And if you like it (or not), do share/comment/sub, I always love all constructive and honest feedbacks!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Google+