Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
Steely Gaze at 8:38AM, April 21, 2008
(offline)
Shades gives us another rousing page, with some awesome art (as usual) and a creepy old-horror movie vibe. And it's awesomely done in sepia tone as well! It's a great read, and a fresh take on the whole superhero genre.

Sh…oot, just got jumped. Give me a sec.

Engine updates (again) with more amazing art and just as much comicbook-style fun as you can imagine. One down, how many more to go?

A Roll of the Dice updates today with what I can only describe as a nerd war.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
spacehamster at 8:42AM, April 21, 2008
(online)
A Roll of the Dice: Well, I giggled. The juxtaposition of visual silliness and linguistic pathos always makes me laugh, and the dorky coat the guy in the last panel (who thinks he's cooler than everyone else, apparently) is wearing is a nice finishing touch.

Bulletproof updates today with the return of our sassy reporters Naomi Ryder and Lisa Valentine. Vector does his second favorite thing after barking orders at people - lying to the press.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
simonitro at 8:49AM, April 21, 2008
(offline)
On Bulletproof, the first panel looks amazingly done… I like it. There's a heated arguement between a superhero dude and a reporter on TV regarding an attack coming or it has come… I haven't read Bulletproof to know but looks great.

—————————————–

My recent Billy Learns To Rock, the SMS has been sent to Billy in a nice transition and witness the victims of a road bump.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
kyupol at 3:28PM, April 21, 2008
(online)
@Billy Learns To Rock - Interesting depiction of sending a text message there. Your later pages are showing improvement in drawing perspective and vehicles. The people and faces need a little work though.

===

MAG-ISA updates today with (implied) drug usage.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
BlkKnight at 3:34PM, April 21, 2008
(online)
@Kyupol: Good as usual. Not much more to add from what I usually comment about on your comic.

————-

Crossing Death starts this week off with what is possibly the best gag I've done. Probably be a while until I top it.
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
albone at 6:14PM, April 21, 2008
(online)
Crossing Death has a clean fun style. Brick has a knack for trouble. :P

Rival Angels updates today. Hard times for Krystin and Sabrina's not doing so well either. This page is a microcosm for the principal girls personalities of Rival Angels, so don't miss it.
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Mister Kent at 11:12PM, April 21, 2008
(online)
Rival Angels features awesome angles this time around. The action has a cool flow to it, also!

Lady Doom updates with the penultimate page of the first story, so I'm pretty proud :D!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
Fitz at 12:00AM, April 22, 2008
(online)
I'm new to Lady Doom - though the lineart and the beautiful coloring do ring a bell… Hmm… I really like the character design too, especially on who I think is the main heroine. Check out the spiffy logo! Simple but great in a strangely ominous way. And I like the little guy!
I also checked Mr Kent's other comic, Blood Groove - which brings you even more gorgeous artwork. The lineart and shading in that one are awesome. And you gotta love cute chicks with blue lipstick!

——————————————

A Bit Cheesy updated today. A little late, but it's there:

http://www.drunkduck.com/A_Bit_Cheesy/index.php?p=394321

The ever-cynical Ryan is still helping his sweetly naive friend Mick, sharing with him the arcane knowledge of How To Get A Girl. Will Mick make it this time? It looks like he's one step closer. But there's ALWAYS some obstacle on the way.
This page will be a real treat to all lovers of insects. Feast your eyes on eeky little beasties - and pretty colors. Guest starring: the color red! Did I mention I love red?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
PyThomas at 3:47AM, April 22, 2008
(online)
Re: A Bit Cheesy - Great artwork and excellent presentation.

Today on Times Like This: I wish I'd thought of this gag before Presidents' Day…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
DMH at 4:31AM, April 22, 2008
(offline)
Times like this goes back in time and gives us a look at possibilities. Rather nice artwork

http://www.drunkduck.com/Age_of_Ends

Today, the ends and now we see who the victor was. Also, there may be another battle soon
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
ttyler at 4:39AM, April 22, 2008
(online)
In Age of Ends, the old tried and true “sword flip with the pinky toe” trick is preformed………I smell a sword fight in the works! Fun stuff.

…………………………………………………………………….

Engine updates today because…….It's better to burn out, than to fade awayyyyyy.
The last page before the final sequence in volume one. Theres alot of talkin, and an old guy and a furry rat looking guy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
dueeast at 5:44AM, April 22, 2008
(offline)
@ Engine - Well, what DO dragons need with engines? (Answer: They don't, but you have to wait till the next page to find out about those engines.) This is a great page, the end of a pretty intense and intriguing (and surprisingly humorous) scene.

Due East updated today! A bit of a change of pace from what's been going on. It's the next day, after all, and who doesn't mind being woken up early in the morning? lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
amanda at 7:49AM, April 22, 2008
(online)
Due East is back! We've got a break in the action - but probably not for long! Some great facial expressions in this one.
——-
Salt updated today with the return of an old “friend.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
trevoramueller at 12:31PM, April 22, 2008
(offline)
Salt the Holly is great as always, showcasing a tag-team page from the stunning BetaJess, and the talented amanda! The return of the creepy bald guy gave me all sorts of giggles.

###

Susie tries on some goth pants

Trevor and Susie book out of another store, and Susie gets an arm full of merch to boot.

Possible Cover Design

The swordsman and Malukai square off
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
ttyler at 1:51PM, April 22, 2008
(online)
In Temple of a Thousand tears, a key mystery is revealed, and new ones are asked. A sword battle begins to get nasty….and I have a feeling it has just begun. This is a great , epic story and one that is very fullfilling. I look forward to this comic and am anxious to see where it goes from here!!

…………………………………..
An old college strip debuts, Piggs and Stubb. Not for the faint of heart. I apoligize before hand folks……..I do not know what I was thinking!!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Piggs_n_Stubb/index.php
crazyninny at 1:55PM, April 22, 2008
(online)
Eeeewwww!!!! Run Trevor run!!! And don't look back!!! For the love of God don't look back!!! Eeeewwwww!!! That was just super nasty man!!! Just super nasty!!!! *Vomits.*

Swordies should get his saliva checked out. Don't want to be spreading grems like that round to people. @_@

EDIT: Eeep!!! Looks like someone beat me! @_@ Oh well, guess I get to review more people! ^_^

The art work in Piggs n Snubs scares me. ;_;

_______

::
Updates with all the characters on one page today! WOOOTAH!!!

Plus, time is running out. What is the thing that Cluadia needs to tell Becky? Toon in next week!

No promise of ninjas, though.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Insert_Title/?p=394656
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
usedbooks at 10:26PM, April 22, 2008
(online)
Nice update in Inset_Title. I really like the toning and the stances/positions of the characters. Lots of fun angles too. I can really feel the tension building up amid the deceptive calm…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm posting a little “check it out” notice for Used Books today, because I've hit page 500 – which is a pretty nice number and not a bad page. Alex is making an exchange of ransom money for his little sister. They are hoping for a smooth exchange and have followed all of the kidnapper's instructions. As for the art on this page, I did draw a pretty nice looking hand without using any references. That's a pretty big accomplishment for me. :-P
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Mister Kent at 10:52PM, April 22, 2008
(online)
Yay! I get to help pimp Used Books (any time I have the opportunity, I do)

Come for Page 500 - Stay for the * shocker - Revel in Ronnie's ponytail

Great as always!

For a different sort o' landmark, Lady Doom ends her first story today, with another beginning this weekend! On Saturday, it's LADY DOOM ORIGIN TIME!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
kyupol at 8:03AM, April 23, 2008
(online)
@Lady Doom - great job in drawing backgrounds and camera angles. So far, story looks cliche but we'll see later how this goes. I like that theater speak part though. Makes the villain look interesting.

MAG-ISA updates today with some entity in a hoodie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
kiandranishan at 9:29AM, April 23, 2008
(offline)
MAG ISA - great backgrounds…though the perspective on the canope thingy is a bit off…the grass looks great, as do the tears…I fail hard at tears.

That stranger person must be very warm under all that.

Beyond the Pale updates with a new character showing up!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
ttyler at 11:28AM, April 23, 2008
(online)
I really like just about anything that kiandranishan does. She is a wonderfully creative artist and writer. Beyond the Pale introduces a new character, with a great splash page and an action panel…..somebody is gonna get a sword in the face it look slike!!! Good stuff!!

…………………………………………………

Engine updates with the first page to the final sequence of this book and volume. Baddies want Korsairs head on a plate……..can he use his skills of negotiation to talk them out of it??
albone at 12:17PM, April 23, 2008
(online)
Its so fun to compliment the Engine. Its beautifully drawn and is a wicked setting. On top of all that, you got some crazy freaky characters currently, they look like they were mad fun to design.

FIF-DAY! 50 Pages for Rival Angels today! Sabrina is in rough shape after taking a piledriver from Brooke. And how does the ref get caught up? Hmmmmm….
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Ziffy88 at 1:35PM, April 23, 2008
(offline)
congrats on the fifty pages…still nice color and painful moves ouch…

A-list updates..
don't stand around and read it!
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Tantz_Aerine at 3:25PM, April 23, 2008
(online)
For a list: erally good sense of speed in the first panels, and a slight early Herge feel to the art. Really well done!

—————

Wolf updated today, with a new twist to the plot and help from the same unexpected source that previously offered trouble ;) JNP on the inks and colours again :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
DAJB at 1:19AM, April 24, 2008
(online)
Yay - Wolf has updated! Wolf is a cool story that doesn't update nearly as often as we all wish it would, so - when it does - you should all go and read it. Like now.

As with the last update, JustNoPoint has helped out on inking and colouring duties for the latest instalment, so we get two of DD's favourite artists for the price of one. How cool is that?!

Meanwhile in Shades we have the third page in our four-page Victorian flashback sequence. One naked guy falls prey to a “lady of ill-repute” while another naked guy stands by, watching and waving his big stick around …

Who said the Victorians had no sense of fun?!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Doctor Shadow at 2:43AM, April 24, 2008
(online)
Shades updates again with some more heroic non-standard hero action, the sepia tone to this particular flashback arc is superb and lends an excellent edge to the Victorian atmosphere - go see

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today with the revelation of our mysterious pipe smoking man's name and perhaps Jacob might just get his wish to save Isadora, if the heroes(?) would just shut up and get on with it!

Heh!

Today's word is: CLANG!
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
PyThomas at 3:54AM, April 24, 2008
(online)
Verity's babealicious! Nice job with the texturing.

Today on Times Like This: This is a true story, blah blah blah…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
simonitro at 7:52AM, April 24, 2008
(offline)
On Times Like This, We have a funny segment about how people are so excited to be on “The Real World”… it's Buckets' list of doing things before he dies, even if he was the sore loser in the show.

—————————————————-

On Electronic Revolutions: The Burnhams, a heated argument between Ann and David. Ann is trying to stop David from committing a sin of vengeance.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
amanda at 8:21AM, April 24, 2008
(online)
Nice use of colored backgrounds and speech bubbles to convey emotion in Electronic Revolutions. Blunt, high-energy dialogue here. Good job!
——
Salt updated today showcasing Brio looking charming in a suit and new, slightly less doofy hairdo. There's also a poorly planned reflection drawing! ^.^
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
usedbooks at 11:05AM, April 24, 2008
(online)
Fun “preparation” page in Salt the Holly. Reflection errors turn the comic page into a little game/puzzle today. ^_^ I like the outfits and the poses are all well-drawn. I think Jess did a particularly good job on the hands and umbrella in the tall panel. Methinks this is a calm before a storm. (Call me a pessimist.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I experimented with the panel layout in Used Books today to capture the panic surrounding the shooting of an 18 year old boy (and get around my personal artistic limitations).
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon