Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
DAJB at 11:48PM, April 16, 2008
(online)
There's not much I can say about Engine that hasn't been said before. The artwork started out as stunning and then got better from there. The most recent run of pages has added greyscale toning and that has pretty much elevated them from great to perfect. There are definite echoes of Kirby in the style and that alone ought to be reason enough to make you want to go and see it; but when every page is also a breakneck action-fest liberally laced with a mischievous sense of humour, it becomes irresistible.

So stop resisting. Go see!

Don't resist going to see today's instalment of Shades, either! One of our heroes has washed up in Victorian London for some reason and doesn't seem to have brought a top hat to help him blend.

Actually, he doesn't seem to have brought any clothes to help him blend. Could this be how the fine art of streaking first originated?!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Doctor Shadow at 4:00AM, April 17, 2008
(online)
Shades much like Engine there's not much I can say about DAJB's work that hasn't been said before, but I'm gonna say it again anyways. If you're tired of superhero comics without a soul, if you're looking for a hero comic that has an interesting cast of non-standard heroes or just want a change! Go read Shades now!

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today. Just who is that mysterious barmaid? Where's Scar going and what about Mr. Pipeman?

The answers are coming!
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
crifmer at 7:02AM, April 17, 2008
(online)
Mmmmmmmmmm… barmaids…….

——————————-

Posted updates today with the end of the Marlowe story. I hope all my readers enjoyed it, and I thank you all for bearing with me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
usedbooks at 7:51AM, April 17, 2008
(online)
Fun update. I like the disembodied speech bubble, and the non-ballpoint inking worked out nicely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's a close call over in Used Books as Seiko meets a character who is “familiar” with her family but not yet acquainted with her. He and his partner have finally rejoined the story after a brief (but well-deserved) stay in a maximum security prison. (If you go back to yesterday's page, you can see a color update I forgot to mention. And a fun bit of fan art I received.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
amanda at 8:39AM, April 17, 2008
(online)
Your color pages are always fun - and the fan art was great! Man, I hope Raidon doesn't spill the beans on why Seiko's last name is familiar. It would be horrible to hear from HIM.
—–
Salt updated today. Brio's trying to bridge the gap (a gap that only he thinks exists) between himself and Cade. The horribly colored couch makes another appearance!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
ttyler at 7:57PM, April 17, 2008
(online)
I like Salt the Holly, because it is truthful. Amanda seems to be having fun, simply being a creative, young artist, and her likes, loves and humor shows with each strip. I want a MAN SHIRT!!! No wonder I feel only 1/2 the man I could be!!!!

…………………………………
Engine updated this evening with another re-toned erlier page. Now pages 1-8 have been re-toned. I also updated a new Engine page erlier today, as well as a new adultish funny animal strip called Piggs and Stubb (from my college years….forgive me!!!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
DMH at 10:46PM, April 17, 2008
(offline)
There's a fierce action present in this latest page of Engine, and that's not just from the guy getting punched or thrown around. It's all rather dramatic

http://www.drunkduck.com/Age_of_Ends/

Age of Ends has updated today with the fight continuing between the boys, and one of them coughs up blood, but does this mean victory for Neless, or is this just the beginning?
Frostflowers at 3:10AM, April 18, 2008
(online)
Lots o' hurt being dished out in this update of Age of Ends - I'm left wincing after reading the last panel - and it all looks good. :)

Morphic updates this week with its ninety-first page - and not much happens, I admit, but I'm happy with how the art turns out. And anyway, there's answers to last week's Guess The Painting challenge.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
ttyler at 5:49AM, April 18, 2008
(online)
Beautifully drawn art and a well constructed story, seems the norm for Morphic. Frostflowers weaves an intriguing tale, and the newest page is great!! You can tell the creator is having fun. I will win the next contest….oh yes….I will or this puppy will die!!! lol

………………….

Engine updates again early because I finished early and That voice in my head told me to.
Loud_G at 6:05AM, April 18, 2008
(online)
Wow, Engine is absolutely amazing! The art is fantastic! Super clean, yet very fluid, action packed, and emotive! If you have not seen Engine, you are missing out!

—————–

George the Dragon updated today. Go see, we are taking a slight break from gladys and taking a brief look into a trip George made to Peru. :)
Find out what George is up to:

Go! Visit George or he may have to eat you!*
*Disclaimer: George may or may not eat violators depending on hunger level and scarcity of better tasting prey.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:46PM
kyupol at 6:14AM, April 18, 2008
(online)
@Engine - impressive fight scenes so far. Kinda reminds me of DBZ. Its pretty long and I'd have to check back more of it later.

@george the dragon - its a cat-flavored burrito?

MAG-ISA updates today. Thats it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
dueeast at 6:14AM, April 18, 2008
(offline)
@ George The Dragon - All I can say is, when your “burrito” grows eyes and ears: “Ruuuunnnnn, George! Runnnnnn!!!”

@ MAG-ISA - That's pretty funny! I think everyone should compare real life to webcomics when talking to a one-eyed demon rat… huh!?

Off Hours updated with a new story arc featuring pencils and inks by Hal Jones of the newly featured Beyond Human and colors by JustNoPoint of The Devon Legacy. Script by Vickie of Used Books.

We're back in the present and it's time for the men to go gather firewood during the blizzard. Sounds simple, right? Well, the men are Eric (Fudo of Used Books) and C.K. (Desmond of Better Luck Next Time) and um, it's not a good combo… lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
simonitro at 10:50AM, April 18, 2008
(offline)
On Off Hours, I love the so many cameos here and there on this page. When they volunteered for muscle-y guy without his will, that chuckled me. It reminded me of an episode on Survivor but here… it seems like a wicked place to live.

———————————————–

On Electronic Revolutions: The Burnhams, in an emotional page, Ann tries to calm the storm by talking really touchy things about her dead father. This page is kinda dedicative towards the love of a dad because dads do have a special way loving their children.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
albone at 12:54PM, April 18, 2008
(online)
A poignant update for Electronic Revolutions: The Burnhams. Very dramatic as the tone is somber on the subject of death and dying.

Rival Angels updates today, with Sabrina and Krystin facing off and jockeying for position. Someone's feet get taken out from under them, quite literally!
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
BlueFlame_Studios at 2:00PM, April 18, 2008
(offline)
Rival Angels has a very cool style and two hot chicks fighting is a plus. I'll be reading more of this.

———-
Autumn Blood has updated today! Fully charged with power Buck lets out one last powerful blast to end the chase. But is this also the end of Buck?

A Comic by Habilis_Orian

Autumn Blood Forums

My deviantArt Page
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
PyThomas at 8:57PM, April 18, 2008
(online)
That attack does look like it would drain every ounce of life out of you. Excellent work, looks very professional.

Today on Times Like This (if it's before midnight, go to TimesLikeThis.com to get the latest comic): You knew a mashup of these shows was coming sooner or later…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
kiandranishan at 9:30PM, April 18, 2008
(offline)
Times Like This - is it sad that I knew by panel two what show that was parodying? Great page, as always ^^

Of Snakes and Apples updates…a little late. Adam continues to show Eve around.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
ttyler at 9:44PM, April 18, 2008
(online)
I really like this comic. forget my beliefs. I love how this is drawn. Sensual, but in great taste. I am awaiting the serpent to see how that is handled, but this is one of my favs.
…………………….
Engine update with a new page#9. I am re-doing all the early pages, now that I am getting better at photoshop.
Katch at 4:15AM, April 19, 2008
(offline)
Woah, that looks a lot better =D
your art amazes me anyhow X3

RA just updated, geeeez this page took me FOREVAR~
anyhow, yeah, don't stay in a room like that…
Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
ttyler at 7:07AM, April 19, 2008
(online)
Looks like I get to return the favor, Katch!! I love the monster design in this comic. It is well drawn, and well laid out. This update ends with a nasty “creak” sound on the last panel, with our hero looking a bit un-nerved……I love a good cliffhanger,..but the wait is what sucks!!! Nice job!! I will definately come back to see what happens next!!

………………………….

Engine updates with a re-toned page 10.
Mister Kent at 6:56PM, April 19, 2008
(online)
Revenge Addict is quite intense this installment - Mer is quite the…pleasant young lady.

The line art on Engine is phenomenal today, and the new tones are lovely. I like that “wrong spell” he conjures up..heh heh

Blood Groove and Lady Doom updated today, and after a couple weeks off to prep for an anime convention, I'm back on schedule!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
hpkomic at 10:10PM, April 19, 2008
(offline)
Mister Kent: You've got a pretty polished style. Looks good, although I don't think your coloring compliments your line-art all that well, that's just my opinion though. I think if the colors were less bright and the shading was clearer, you'd have a top notch comic on your hands.

Just posted a new Cosmic Dash, tried a few different things and I've learned a bit from this page. Let me know what you think.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
ttyler at 5:12AM, April 20, 2008
(online)
This is my first look at Cosmic Dash. It has a nice, animated look to it, and is well done. The colors stick out very nicely, and the writing seems top notch. I am already intrigued about the “egg” and will definately check back to see what that little feller is all about.

…………………………..

No new Engine until tomorrow, but I do have a brand new, re-toned page 11 up this morning. I am slowly re-toning the whole book, starting at the beginning, just to get it looking the way I first envisioned it to, I guess I'm never satisfied…………….it's my curse……..sniff
Doctor Shadow at 9:43AM, April 20, 2008
(online)
Engine! is frankly such a superbly drawn comic it's hard to say exactly what's to like about it. The re-toning of the pages adds a lot to the already great art and the twisted imagination of ttyler is one of the greatest driving forces for this story!

———–

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today instead of Monday since it would have been next to impossible to get the update sorted on the Monday and I never like automating things, there's always something that can go wrong. Anyways, go see!

Also the Wyrden blog updates with a link to Verity's backstory!

Blog Post about Verity's backstory here
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
freakenburger at 8:04PM, April 20, 2008
(online)
Huzzah for early updates! I'm glad I saw this post, it reminded me about how nice Chronicles of Wyrden is (haven't visited it for a while, ‘cause I had a few problems)! In this one, Doctor Shadow turns his attention into character development, which is a critical point in every comic. Keep doing your marvelous work, man!

This time, both Telenime and Freakenburg are updated.

In Telenime, Mireille finds out who gave her herpes.

In Freakenburg, we find out a little more about Mariko. Kasumi never misses the timing when she’s cracking a joke, not even when she's sick…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Aussie_kid at 11:58PM, April 20, 2008
(online)
Telenime shows us that our friends will always be there for us, even when we have herpes

Meanwhile, Freakenburg delivers a nice Yakov Shrmirnov (I think that's how it's spelt) reference and shows us that even the ill can make a crack to lessen their pain.

And both feature a simple yet amusing and heartwarming style of drawing

Warriors of the Night features the humans preparing to leave the castle, with most of their foes in hiding or defeated
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
kiandranishan at 1:42AM, April 21, 2008
(offline)
Warriors of the Night - I like the flat shading…I'm thinking of trying something similar on one of my comics…though on the second panel, I had trouble telling what was happening. I had to look at the next panel to decipher it. I think it is the shadowing on the robes that is the issue. More specifically the arm…with a bit more shading on the underside of the arm it would look better IMHO

Kenyagi updates with a surprise outburst from a sleeping Miette.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
ttyler at 3:31AM, April 21, 2008
(online)
In this weeks Kenyagi, Tension builds with the simple, but possibly prophetic murmurings of a dreaming girl…….Someone yelling, “no, no…run away” in their sleep is always a BAD sign…at least in my opinion.
Kiandranishan is one of my favorite Duck artists. I like her vision and the way she tackles her page designs. Good stuff.

………………………………………………………………………

Monday's Engine update is up. Master Neko shows us some old school stick moves and takes some smack down to the un-invited Serveyor. I hope he wasn't there to sell them a vacume cleaner…..cause they might need one after today!!
DAJB at 3:32AM, April 21, 2008
(online)
Miette, the girl rescued from slave auction in Kenyagi, is having a restless night's sleep in today's update. Not sure what she's dreaming about yet, but you should get over there quick. You can admire Kiandranishan's pretty colours while you're waiting for her to wake up!

EDIT: Oops - crossposted with the above. Well … I don't really need to tell you why you should visit Engine, do I? No sleep, restless or otherwise, just lots of crazy martial arts, magic powers and Tim Tyler's eye-boggling artwork.

Ummm - yup. I think that about covers it!

No sleep for anyone in the latest instalment of Shades, either. Our little Victorian interlude continues as a “lady of ill repute” is invited to join a rather strange religious service.

Weird religions, heaving bosoms … You've seen enough Hammer Horror movies to know what happens next, right?!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
ttyler at 8:34AM, April 21, 2008
(online)
Shades is getting downright addictive. I have loved the Victorian flashbacks scenes, but the newest one also reaveals the beginnings of a dark, ritual of somekind that is about to take place. This is one of Drunk Ducks best, most consistant series. Check it out and lets all speak Old English for a day!! Amaze your friends with old talk!

……………………………………………………………
Yes……..I know….Like Miss Spears once said, “oops…I did it again….” Engine updates again. I just wanted to get the story moving along. Action is fine when it is moving at a quick pace…but when it is seperated by days, it doesnt flow as well.
The robot has some smack-down instilled upon it by an old guy!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon