Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What are the odds of re starting creator interviews?
cdmalcolm1 at 7:35PM, Aug. 4, 2020
(online)
I read a few interviews we have here on DD. Very nice. So I was thinking, why don’t we go back to that? Maybe once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month? It can get a feature article on the home page to get to know both veterans and new comers. Just a little idea. What do you think? Bad idea, good idea?
Genejoke at 6:04PM, Aug. 5, 2020
(online)
I think it's a solid idea, i thought about it myself recently. perhaps it could be a quackcast thing?
Avart at 6:58PM, Aug. 5, 2020
(offline)
Sounds great!
Ozoneocean at 8:14PM, Aug. 5, 2020
(online)
Sure, does someone want to organise that? :D

For the Quackcast they should be live interviews.
The person will have to be ready at 11AM new York time and have about 3 hours to spare.
(New York time is EST for Americans, -4 GMT for the rest of the world)
You'll need a gmail address so we can send oy a link to join our google hangout.
You'll also need a microphone and a descent internet connection.
cdmalcolm1 at 11:45PM, Aug. 5, 2020
(online)
I know it would work Great as a quack cast feature. I was more or least talking about the forum interviews we have here. Those are great too, at least to me. Why did it even stop? It was one of the best hidden gems in the DD. Maybe times have changed.
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:25AM, Aug. 9, 2020
(online)
This is a very good suggestion, @cdmalcolm1, I used to do creator interviews on the front page for Monday News when I first started. It takes a bit of coordination and advanced planning from the creator, but I am sure if people are willing to be interviewed, it is always possible. It is great exposure as well an interesting read.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
hushicho at 5:16PM, Aug. 9, 2020
(offline)
I think it would probably work much better and more easily for all parties involved if they could be in-text interviews instead. There are certainly opportunities to have interviews and guest spots on your podcasts, if you're recording those at only a certain time, but there are too many different schedules to make that possible with the largest group of people.

I would say that it would probably be a better idea to establish a consistent interview format with the same questions presented to every creator, and some could be expanded upon if desired.

For something of a compromise, you could also try interviewing people via Discord, since you are after all on there. That way, you could converse with them in real time and change, add, or remove anything on the fly, to make for a more organic interview.

But I do think that email or private message is the way to go for completely assured interviews that would get you the maximum possible participants, which I think would be good for showing the range of variety and diversity in content on the Duck. I think that would be the fundamental format for success, with the option to do either of the others if it's possible for both parties.
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
Teh Andeh at 9:09AM, Dec. 15, 2020
(offline)
I really liked where this was going. any update on this?
L.C.Stein at 7:42PM, Dec. 16, 2020
(offline)
I'm new compared to most folks and would be interested in this as well.

I think from an organizational standpoint, doing it via Discord or a PM is ideal. Is the QuackCast at 11 AM EST on a weekday? If those, may be hard for a lot of us who are working during those times.
bravo1102 at 12:53AM, Dec. 17, 2020
(offline)
L.C.Stein wrote:
I'm new compared to most folks and would be interested in this as well.

I think from an organizational standpoint, doing it via Discord or a PM is ideal. Is the QuackCast at 11 AM EST on a weekday? If those, may be hard for a lot of us who are working during those times.

Quackcast is 11AM EST on the weekend.

Many web communities can usually only manage one or two projects at once. DD has just barely finished the Awards comic, the Anthology just had the due date extended and the Secret Santa just started.

So even without the RL affairs of the season a lot of folks have their hands full.

But–the two of you are willing and that's all it takes for an interview via PMs or Discord. Nothing is stopping you, make it happen.
Ozoneocean at 8:45PM, Dec. 17, 2020
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
Quackcast is 11AM EST on the weekend.
Yup, on Saturday :D

bravo1102 wrote:
Many web communities can usually only manage one or two projects at once. DD has just barely finished the Awards comic, the Anthology just had the due date extended and the Secret Santa just started.

So even without the RL affairs of the season a lot of folks have their hands full.

But–the two of you are willing and that's all it takes for an interview via PMs or Discord. Nothing is stopping you, make it happen.
Well said!
last edited on Dec. 17, 2020 8:46PM
L.C.Stein at 9:11PM, Dec. 18, 2020
(offline)
Totally understandable. Not to mention a lot of people (myself included) do comic creation in and of itself as a “side hobby”.

I'd be willing to help organize something on the Discord or PM, but not sure how that would work, or what has worked in the past.
bravo1102 at 6:38AM, Dec. 22, 2020
(offline)
Personal message can be done through the site via the personal quack feature. Send questions, the other person answers and you can post them. In the past They've been put in forums or maybe you could arrange for it to be a newspost.

Discord involves using one of the channels on the server and having a conversation there. I think it can also be live? Then it's archived over there?

But it really boils down to getting folks together who want to talk, then Coming up with a bunch of questions and hopefully some answers. You want something to happen, just find someone you want to talk to, send them a PM/PQ and set it up.

last edited on Dec. 22, 2020 6:48AM
usedbooks at 7:08AM, Dec. 22, 2020
(online)
Do some community Quackchat stuff between November and April, so I can be part of it! ;) (My formal, selfish request from a summer worker who never gets to go to any kind of convention, reunion, or festival.)
L.C.Stein at 4:49PM, Dec. 28, 2020
(offline)
Sorry for the delay in circling back on this. What I could do is post an announcement thread with some standard questions, and have people DM (or PQ) me their answers. First come, first serve.

Could start with posting weekly or bi-weekly on the blog / news section (depending on the response I get), to help with visibility. However, I do not have blog access so either I would need news posting access or someone to post the interview contents on my behalf.
bravo1102 at 3:06AM, Dec. 30, 2020
(offline)
There's no Sunday newspost.

Maybe we could have a Sunday morning talk show? The Sunday morning interview show as a Sunday newspost?

Or if weekly is too much append the interview to one of the existing newsposts, or at least promote it through existing newsposts.
L.C.Stein at 8:14PM, Dec. 30, 2020
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:
There's no Sunday newspost.

Maybe we could have a Sunday morning talk show? The Sunday morning interview show as a Sunday newspost?

Or if weekly is too much append the interview to one of the existing newsposts, or at least promote it through existing newsposts.

I like the Sunday News Post idea!! :)
InkyMoondrop at 10:00PM, Jan. 16, 2024
(offline)
I wouldn't mind a shot at giving a text-based interview sometime. I don't think I've ever gave one before about anything and the local animanga magazine's editors and authors I know aren't interested enough in my creative journey to even ask. But based on when this topic got updated last I suppose that's not a project that practically does itself. Anyway, if interviews would be a thing again, hit me up, thank you.
J_Scarbrough at 10:16PM, Jan. 16, 2024
(offline)
Any interview with me would probably have to be text-based as well, because I think an audio/video interview would be finished in less than five minutes, lol.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
Tantz_Aerine at 10:09AM, Jan. 17, 2024
(online)
Text interviews are very doable. If there are no new volunteers in conducting them, give me this week to think how I can slot it in what I do and we can have a go at reviving this. I can ask the questions :)
lothar at 3:49PM, Jan. 17, 2024
(offline)
I liked how communicating with Proxima Centari would take less time than some threads on DD. But it's a good idea. I just don't want to be interviewed but I would like to read some interviews of other people.
dragonsong12 at 6:53PM, Jan. 17, 2024
(offline)
Haha! Honestly, I kind of desperately want to talk about my comics, but I get that it wouldn’t be super interesting to anyone else which is why I try not to do it too much.
That being said, there are a lot of interesting stories by creators here so I hope you can get this together for any of them who have that similar itch that I do and no way to scratch it!
bravo1102 at 1:16AM, Jan. 18, 2024
(offline)
I used to go on and on in the creator comments when posting pages. Now I'm saving it all up for content if and when I ever get around to doing a Patreon thingies.
There have been a lot of good discussions on the Discord server with creators going back and forth so it's not like it isn't happening somewhere.
Tantz_Aerine at 3:30AM, Jan. 18, 2024
(online)
Ok then. I'll soon have a sign-up thread for everyone who's willing to be interviewed. Now, and this is a legit question: Do you feel comfortable with me being the standard interviewer or would you like another thread where different creators take up that role? I won't take it personally if you opt for the second option (honest!) XD If the second option is more popular what I'll be doing is match interviewers with interviewees randomly, and waiting for the resulting document which I'll be posting, probably on Sunday OR if the Sunday slot is taken on my Saturday slot with credit to each intervier.

I'll come up with reasonable rules too if we go with that option.
InkyMoondrop at 4:20AM, Jan. 18, 2024
(offline)
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
Ok then. I'll soon have a sign-up thread for everyone who's willing to be interviewed. Now, and this is a legit question: Do you feel comfortable with me being the standard interviewer or would you like another thread where different creators take up that role? I won't take it personally if you opt for the second option (honest!) XD If the second option is more popular what I'll be doing is match interviewers with interviewees randomly, and waiting for the resulting document which I'll be posting, probably on Sunday OR if the Sunday slot is taken on my Saturday slot with credit to each intervier.

I'll come up with reasonable rules too if we go with that option.

I don't think I'd have anything against you asking the questions, not every kind of comic is for everyone but if your aim would be to frame certain creators and their works in a negative light, you wouldn't be running the Duck by volunteering, would you? :) If people decide that they'd want to secret-santa these roles, I can roll with interviewing someone, but having no experience on either side, I'd probably want to see a good interview first and customize my questions depending on the creator to do them justice.

Either case, it looks like a fun and interesting project to revive, happy to participate.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 4:54AM, Jan. 18, 2024
(offline)
Sounds great! I wouldn't mind being interviewed by anybody here. As for the Sunday slots being available for posting, they are very, very flexible. Getting this stuff up for the sunday blog won't be an issue at all in terms availibility👍
J_Scarbrough at 8:17AM, Jan. 18, 2024
(offline)
Like I said, I don't really have much to talk about, and I'm not really one to toot my own horn, but sure, I'm willing to be interviewed; it really doesn't matter who asks the questions, I'm sure my answers will probably be the same regardless of who asks.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon