MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia II: The Expanded Edition
harkovast at 10:10AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Waff has there ever been a time, in the history of DD mafia, where I have not been a top suspect?
Niccea okay that argument makes more sense.
I suppose we can bide our time a little…..

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
waff at 10:15AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
harkovast
Waff has there ever been a time, in the history of DD mafia, where I have not been a top suspect?
Niccea okay that argument makes more sense.
I suppose we can bide our time a little…..
thats not why I'm staring silly.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
harkovast at 10:22AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Waff dont worry, you are pretty high up my list of probable bad guys at the moment.

waff at 10:23AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
harkovast
Waff dont worry, you are pretty high up my list of probable bad guys at the moment.
I'm staring because… I LIKE TO LICK YOU!

-edit-
haha…hoo but seriously I'm insinuating anything by staring.

Niccea at 10:41AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
harkovast

Let me guess. There are 18 people on this list.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Dukat at 10:48AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Niccea you have not really disproved my logic.
Your counter argument seems to amount to “no it isn't, you are a sore loser”
I am basing what I am saying on a logical idea.
The masons would all vote for one of the masons to be mayor (unless that are idiots) since they know each other to innocent, so would desperately want one of their own as mayor to avoid a mafia mayor.

The mafia are obviously going to be desperate for a mafia mayor, so clearly one of the main candidates has to be mafia (unless you are claiming the mafia just are not trying very hard and did not bother to try and get that role).

My plan is execute you, if you are not mafia we execute ochi, and if you are both innocent, I screwed up you will probably all execute me for being having set you up (I haven't set you up and I believe what I am saying is correct, but there is a possibility I am wrong, so I am accepting the reality of the situation.)

Since I am putting my own neck on the line if I am wrong, I hardly think you can put this down to me being a “sore loser”. If I have misread the situation, the consequences for me are obvious. I am ready to put my life on the line to defeat the mafia. I am not asking any more from you and ochi. One of you is very likely to be a bad guy, and so we have to start by killing one of you.

What I'm seeing a lot of here is “Lets kill them both, including the current mayor for minimal factual reasoning.” You're jumping the gun and being over dramatic about it…AGAIN. Look what happened the last time the town didn't wait to receive clue before deciding who to lynch, you lynched the bloody detective. Yes, the first lynch has the greatest chance for hitting a townie, but if you don't wait for some bloody clues to make up your mind, you almost certain to lynch a townie. Why? For the exact same reason you believe that the town simply outnumbers the mafia.

Now I can just see it running through your thick skull now “OMG HE DOESN'T WANT NICCEA OR OCHI LYNCHED! HE MUST BE MAFIA!” Just because I am calling for a little thing like patience doesn't mean I'm mafia, it means I'm playing with my brain. We take the clues from the night's action and then look at events during the vote. The more patient and thoughtful we are about things, the greater our chances are of hitting a mafia member.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

irc.freenode.net #dd-mafia

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
harkovast at 10:56AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
No, my list is about 8 people.
All the people who supported Niccea and Ochi.
Who did you vote for again Dukat?

Also everyone seems to keep over looking that the mafia has a member that can kill poeple and leave no clues. Do people understand that?
There is no guarantee of any clues in this game.

I think my reasoning that one of the candidates and their supporters is likely a mafia is pretty good. I am certain one of them is mafia. If niether of them are the mafia is so ineffectual that we will almsot certainly beat them anyway.

Niccea at 10:58AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
You forgot that throws suspicion onto you too. We had an equal number of votes. You are on my short list Hark.
gullas at 11:00AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
Even though the clues might be total jibberish, its still better to have something to discuss as a potential solution then jumping onto conclusion about particular townies, dou to support for certain candidates, in the elections.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
waff at 11:02AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
*nods head in agreement* good things come to those who wait.

Niccea at 11:04AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
Like this s'more! *puts together the s'more she was roasting the whole time*
harkovast at 11:09AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Ah but niccea I already.
If you and ochi are innocent I fully anticipate I will be the next to die (I've explained this a few times now, I am starting to feel redundant.)

I am innocent, but if my theory is in correct, I am the next logical one to lynch.

I have to be honest, I dont really know how many more ways I can explain that.

Niccea at 11:10AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
But why do we have to be lynched to be vindicated? Can't we just use the clues?
crocty at 11:11AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Warning to all mafia: submit a name for your organization to humorman by 11 PM PST or I will give you your own name and you won't like it.
I personally like “The smelly bastards”
I'm sure the mafia will agree. D:<

harkovast
Also everyone seems to keep over looking that the mafia has a member that can kill poeple and leave no clues.
Not particulally. If they were to act super suspicious, we would pick up on it.
Also, the detective might find them, although I don't quite understand the detective's powers. :|
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
waff at 11:17AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Like this s'more! *puts together the s'more she was roasting the whole time*
or my 18-minute antipasta *starts eating antipasta* *head explodes* oh my god the flavour is awesome.

harkovast at 11:25AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
niccea the sooner we lynch someone the sooner we can kill mafias.

Yes we are more likely to kill some townies early on, but if we lose the odd member it makes little difference to our ability to attack the mafia.
if the mafia lose people it massively weakens their ability to retaliate.
Also, we are no Pavlov's dogs, waiting around to be fed clues, we can take the inniative. We can soak up casualties far better then the enemy can, we need to take advantage of that.

Niccea you and ochi are supicious by virtue of your success.
Look at the last game, skoolmunkee ran for mayor and then became pardoner when she could not get mayor. The mafia WILL have put someone up to be mayor and that candidate will have got a lot of votes.
Ochi has an especially rapid rise to power, and her supporters seem very defensive of their beloved leader. That strikes me as odd considering they supposedly have no way of knowing if she is good or bad.

And for the last time….

THE ASSASSIN IN THE MAFIA DOES NOT LEAVE CLUES!

Unless the mafia are brain dead they will have the assassin do all the killing and we will get no clues! Am I the only one that can read what the assassin does?

gullas at 11:32AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
No you aren't, but even though we won't get any clues from the assasin killings then surely what the other members do will be noticed in the clues.
Don't forget Harkovast, the mafia needs more then one member to kill some of us…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
harkovast at 12:03PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
so we have to wait till they target the mayor (who they will obviously leave for last), the paranoid or the veteran?
That is even worse odds then just random lynchings!
Lynching people we get a 5 out of 20 or 1 in 4 chance.
waiting for the mafia to hit the wrong person is only (roughly) a 2 out of 19 chance (assuming they don't go for the mayor)
And that just means we will gets clue, not a dead mafia.

Ochitsukanai at 12:05PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
harkovast
All the people who supported Niccea and Ochi.

I think my reasoning that one of the candidates and their supporters is likely a mafia is pretty good. I am certain one of them is mafia. If niether of them are the mafia is so ineffectual that we will almsot certainly beat them anyway.

Harkovast, you were one of the top candidates. There's no reason why your voters, OR you, are ANY less suspicious. You say we're both suspicious because we were successful - SO WERE YOU. You were tied with her, and I only won by one vote! It wasn't a two-person race, like you're describing it, so even the way you're depicting this is a lie!

You could easily be trying to draw suspicion to us just so that it won't be with YOU, Harkovast. I don't trust your reasoning at all if it's going to exclude you, and this is making you look more suspicious to me every time you try to argue it!

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
waff at 12:20PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
ah ochi brilliant timing. I sent you couple of pqs this morning/evening and I need you to reply to them post-haste.

crocty at 12:35PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
Nobody in the mafia ran for mayor last time, Hark.
:/ Accusing them just because they won is a very bad idea, and your logic is severely flawed.
The mafia's probably watching this and laughing, so can we please stop accusing people without prior evidence? -,-
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
harkovast at 12:42PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Crotcy I am not sure if you are deliberately lying or ill informed.
Skoolmunkee ran for mayor in the last game. She then ran for pardoner (and won!)

If we had lynched ozone and skool munkee in the last game right at the start we would have eliminated a townie and a mafia, which from our point of view is a win because we out number them 3 to 1.

Ochit I never denied I was suspicious for doing so well. Why do I feel like I am living on planet ground hog day? I am repeating the same arguments again and again because no one seems to be listening.
I already explained that if you two are innocent, I would be the next logical choice (I am innocent, but I realise that if my theory on you two is wrong I will look very guilty).
Seriously, I cant keep typing this out again and again and again!
The top suspects logically should be-
Ochi
Niccea
then Me.
I know I am innocent, so naturally I believe one of the other two is mafia.
Do I need a flow chart for this?

crocty at 12:48PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
Skool didn't run. Someone voted for her, who wasn't in the mafia, by the way. So she decided to run after hearing that.
She said she'd never thought of running before.
:3
harkovast at 12:55PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Instead she ran for pardoner. This time there is no pardoner.
So the mafia only get one chance at power.
Are we really gambling on the mafia too lazy to do anything about it?

humorman at 1:01PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
Only 4 hours left until daybreak!

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
crocty at 1:03PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Are we really gambling on the mafia too lazy to do anything about it?
Well they were last time.
Anyway, it's day time soon, so we'll get some actual clues, hopefully. :\
Ochitsukanai at 1:06PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
harkovast
The top suspects logically should be-
Ochi
Niccea
then Me.

Because that ISN'T logic. There's no logical reason why you should be last if you were equally successful.

Your “Mason or Mafia” point doesn't hold, because YOU are on the list. It doesn't matter what you say about yourself, look at it from a townie's perspective! There are three candidates. Even if your statement is true, ONE of us got here due to unrelated causes! And an outside spectator can't be sure that you're innocent no matter what you claim to know about yourself…

Because I'm innocent, the only thing you'd accomplish is screwing up the power balance, which is currently with the townies. It doesn't even matter what you are - logically, it's a greater loss to kill a mayor without evidence!

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
leaderofstars at 1:20PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
ok now lets allow the mafia to defend themselves

anyone?
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
harkovast at 1:38PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Ochi you are right, from your perspective there is an equal chance for me and niccea, just as from my perspective there is an equal chance for you and her.
I know I am innocent so I count my self as the last one you should kill.
If you think I am the most likely of the three then do what ya gotta do.
My logic is that the people who did best in the election are the ones we should suspect. I came third (based on number of votes being tied with niccea and then me losing having got my votes later) so I am a possible from your perspective.
Though I think the level of begging and horse trading I was trying in the last few minutes should be an indication that I did not have three loyal followers who could jump in for me when I needed em.

Basically, I can live with you suspecting me, as long as everyone also suspect niccea and you as well.

harkovast at 1:40PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
By the way, I fully expect to be dead by dawn.
So its been fun people!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon