Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:35PM, Nov. 14, 2010
(online)
I just finished my first model UN conference(as a delegate. I've been a vice chair once before) and got the best new delegate award.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
gullas at 10:12PM, Nov. 14, 2010
(offline)
So it's 6am right now. I've slept for good 8-9 hours and have almost finished my big project (relly dull and boring essay) for that class of mine. Screwing up the sleep pattern ftw!

oh also will meet the tattoo artist later this week to discuss about that snow tiger I intend to get…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
ParkerFarker at 10:45PM, Nov. 14, 2010
(online)
Leonard Cohen, the man himself. Saw him live a week ago. It was totally cool. First We Take Manhatten and Tower of Song were the highlights for me.

And before anyone asks; no, no one commited suicide or attempted to during the show.

And on a completely unrelated note, if anyone would like to see me embarrassing myself in front of my science class with a mate, here's a convenient video of such:

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Product Placement at 3:28AM, Nov. 15, 2010
(online)
crocty
Also yeah the sandwich maker thing I made up entirely! Hahaha, I am such a bastard!
ayesinback
Ah - but there ARE sandwich makers :) Kind of a make-your-own-hot-pocket deal.
Yeah. That's what I was talking about too. It kinda squeezes the sides together, to prevent the cheese from leaking out.

Like this:
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Ozoneocean at 4:10AM, Nov. 15, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Yeah. That's what I was talking about too. It kinda squeezes the sides together, to prevent the cheese from leaking out.
Eww. Please no.
Those things make an awful, greasy, horrible, nasty, icky stink.
No, what we need is a Jetsons type Futurama dealio, with articulated metal arms, and white gloved cartoony hands that cuts and butter bread, slices meat, spreads sandwich toppings… all that sort of thing.
Now THAT would be a sandwich maker!

For bonus points, when something gets caught in the mechanism, it should try and turn you and or your pets into a sandwich :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
seventy2 at 7:45AM, Nov. 15, 2010
(online)
i like what my bank account's doing, i don't like being away from home after so many years just sitting around…

ooooo…look! kindles are only 139…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Salsa at 1:52PM, Nov. 15, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
Product Placement
Eww. Please no.
Those things make an awful, greasy, horrible, nasty, icky stink.
No, what we need is a Jetsons type Futurama dealio, with articulated metal arms, and white gloved cartoony hands that cuts and butter bread, slices meat, spreads sandwich toppings… all that sort of thing.
Now THAT would be a sandwich maker!

For bonus points, when something gets caught in the mechanism, it should try and turn you and or your pets into a sandwich :)

Umm, I've used one of those for a few years and never had that problem, you just have to keep an eye on it.

@ Seventy2: Keep that up and you won't like what it's doing for long.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:48PM, Nov. 15, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I just finished my first model UN conference(as a delegate. I've been a vice chair once before) and got the best new delegate award.
Forgot to mention I was put into a cage during th conference. I was sad cause North Korea turned out not to have nukes.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Niccea at 4:47PM, Nov. 15, 2010
(offline)
I have some concerns. My fiance just bought about 100,000 Iraq dinars for 110 USD. He heard that the currency will be revalued soon and there is a possibility that the his return could be as much as 300,000 USD. I think is is too excited about this because there is no concrete proof this will happen. He is already making plans about what he would do with the money.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Ironscarf at 6:52PM, Nov. 15, 2010
(offline)
Niccea
I have some concerns. My fiance just bought about 100,000 Iraq dinars for 110 USD. He heard that the currency will be revalued soon and there is a possibility that the his return could be as much as 300,000 USD. I think is is too excited about this because there is no concrete proof this will happen. He is already making plans about what he would do with the money.

I apply one simple rule to all financial plans, schemes, policies, speculations etc: If you know about it, it's no good. Anything worthwhile, the bankers keep for themselves and their mega rich backers - if you hear of a get rich quick scheme, it means they want your money to defer some risk or other.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
skoolmunkee at 7:00AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(offline)
Niccea

I really don't think money or economics works like that. Unless he can explan how it will magically increase in value 2500 times then I think your fiancee just lost the lottery. Sorry. :I
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Niccea at 7:02AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(offline)
Evidently the dinar hasn't been valued since the early 90s. Or something like that. If he lost money, at least it was only 100 dollars. Some of his coworkers were investing thousands.
Ozoneocean at 7:18AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(online)
Niccea
coworkers were investing thousands.
He works with Bevis AND Butthead? o_O

Sorry Niccea, that's too weird. :)
Some currency dealers are smiling pretty broadly right now.

But won't we all look like fools if he turns out to be right? ^___^

Nawwww! From now on I think you should be in complete charge of the finances Niccea. Keep that guy on a tight leash, and not in a sexy way either.
Niccea at 7:25AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(offline)
Can't fight with an Economics major that got a tip from a Financial Advisor. Besides, if he loses in this, he only loses 100 dollars and his dignity. (He also gets some eye rolls from his parents and I). He is a full time working getting 17/hour. He can earn that again quickly.

skoolmunkee at 7:26AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(offline)
I suppose it's possible, it would have to be revalued at $3 which is realistic. Still, even if it's only worth a penny you've still profited. :] A currency's value and strength are only based on purchasing power and stability though, not a comparison against other currencies.

I suspect that even with a $3 revaluation it will actually take some time (like, years) to actually reach that while they take old money out of circulation, stabilize the economy and cash in by drilling oil fields or whatever they do to put weight behind the money. I highly doubt that it's a sudden turnaround, and that it's more like an investment. By buying the dinars it's more like buying shares and the company actually has to succeed before you see any profit. So if he expects to suddenly have lots of money he'll probably be wrong. He'll also probably have to pay taxes when he goes to cash in. :] But it's probably wiser to think of it as an investment than to go planning to buy a house with it.

I'm by no means an economist though, you could probably look up much better info on the internet. I'm sure he's not the only one doing it, if it's a thing that's actually going to happen.

Edit: I was curious so I poked around a little. Actually this seems like a big deal, but I was right in that it will be based around Iraq's oil production and may take a long time to pay off. Apparently the same thing happened to Kuwait's currency after the Gulf War. So if it works out, congrats. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 7:47AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(online)
Weeeel… there's also this:

Google results for Iraq currency dinar scam

With sites such as these…
http://www.iraqidinarscam.info/

http://www.moneyshow.com/trading/Currency_Corner.asp?aid=currency-18159&scode=015835

I'm sure there are ways to profit from it, but going by the history of the scams surrounding it, it seems more like one of those wishful thinking-just-around-the-corner reasonably plausible things that others exploit, like cold fusion.

And yes, $100 is easy to write off, as long as it's not a regular thing because that does add up.

-Edit-

Check out this site:
http://bizcovering.com/investing/the-iraqi-dinar-scam/

Extremely informative! 11 pages worth o_O
-But scroll down and read the comments… then look at the dates next to them. Then have a wry smile.
bravo1102 at 9:23AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(offline)
So on DD “going bravo” will suppliment “going Postal”.

Just imagine this unhappy camper looking at you.

There may have been gay wildebeasts hiding in the brush in the background.

Someone
Native-American USAF in Greece in WW2

Post war maybe after 1947 at the beginning of the Cold War but during the war? Wasn't that was a British sector with SOE types all over, the RAF ground personnel refusing to fight on the ground and Winston Churchill getting shot at by Greek Communists ?

The A.C. Moore by me is going out of business so time for the sorting through the ruins looking for deals.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Ozoneocean at 9:48AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(online)
bravo1102

lol :)
For me “going Bravo” means giving a lecture …Which is what I do myself, a LOT!

But you do it way better than me, which is why I named it after you.
Plus, “going Bravo” sounds cool and catchy ^_^
bravo1102 at 9:59AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
bravo1102

lol :)
For me “going Bravo” means giving a lecture …Which is what I do myself, a LOT!

But you do it way better than me, which is why I named it after you.
Plus, “going Bravo” sounds cool and catchy ^_^

Somehow that is so much worse than going postal. In “Going Postal” the nut just kills you whereas sitting through “Going Bravo” lectures one dies a thousand times.

And of course in the picture you can't see the little soap box I am standing on. :)
ayesinback at 10:31AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(online)
bravo1102
Somehow that is so much worse than going postal. In “Going Postal” the nut just kills you whereas sitting through “Going Bravo” lectures one dies a thousand times.

There's more to “Going bravo” than just lecturing because of a certain “toughen up kiddo” component involved. Plus the whole “Going commando” aspect totally separates a “Going bravo” lecture from something like a “Going Cliffy” lecture — Cliffy as from CHEERS, who was postal.

— (wildebeests wishing they had rank)

was that an army-issued soap box?

You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Niccea at 11:38AM, Nov. 16, 2010
(offline)
I have an assignment due on Friday that is related to my internship from last week. I took notes, but I can't find them right now. I'm screwed.
bravo1102 at 6:01PM, Nov. 16, 2010
(offline)
ayesinback
was that an army-issued soap box?

Yes, though actually it was a 105mm wooden ammo crate which is the approved soapbox for tank crewmen.

seventy2 at 7:34PM, Nov. 16, 2010
(online)
I figure going bravo is a lecture, but a lecture with the grizzled experience behind it. i can lecture anyone on this site, but unless i've been there and done that for longer, then it's not a bravo.
——-

NAP TIME.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Ozoneocean at 8:10PM, Nov. 16, 2010
(online)
seventy2
I figure going bravo is a lecture, but a lecture with the grizzled experience behind it.
Not always. A Bravo can be about more esoteric subjects as well- any subject under the sun, not just those that require direct experience.

A “Cliffy” is different in that it's meant to be about trivia and it's supposed to be dulllll… I miss Cheers! :(
bravo1102 at 8:01AM, Nov. 17, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
seventy2
I figure going bravo is a lecture, but a lecture with the grizzled experience behind it.
Not always. A Bravo can be about more esoteric subjects as well- any subject under the sun, not just those that require direct experience.

A “Cliffy” is different in that it's meant to be about trivia and it's supposed to be dulllll… I miss Cheers! :(

John Ratzenberger has his own show on cable so he's still around. As a narrator he really sounds like Cliffie. And there's always boxed sets.

And he also has the distinction of having been in every Pixar movie. Fool your friends and see if they can guess what character he played (but not in the Toy Story's that's too easy)

—-

Set building sucks. I haven't done it in a while and I forgot how much design is involved. Moving things in space, the materials to use and trying to ensure I can get in there and take the pictures.

I did up one console last night and then found out it was too short. Had to redo the supports, now I have to do up the walls. I also have to get out the special paint to cover the vacuum molded light polystyrene. Everything flakes.
ayesinback at 12:30PM, Nov. 17, 2010
(online)
I find myself in an envious mood. I spend too much time having fun with thoughts instead of working at something I actually do want to get better at. And then I find myself surrounded by people who have provided lovely examples of their hard work and I - well, don't.

Bravo Bravo, for your pain-staking efforts. I need to draw better and instead I'm at a keyboard. OK – getting tough with self – will go and draw now.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
same at 2:45PM, Nov. 17, 2010
(online)
Bye drunk duck. Its been fun.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
skoolmunkee at 5:36PM, Nov. 17, 2010
(offline)
What did we do? Was this a case of goodbye-internet or just drunkduck's-not-for-me? :[

I am sabotaging myself, staying up too late at night so I'm tired in the mornings, wanting to work on hobby stuff all day while I work and then when work's over, not doing the things I wanted to. Bah.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
jninjashadow at 6:52PM, Nov. 17, 2010
(online)
Same would like me to tell you all that he is giving his good-bye to the internet
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Ozoneocean at 7:42PM, Nov. 17, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
not doing the things I wanted to. Bah.
It's almost exactly 1 year since you updated Abby Sanders… In fact, in less than 3 hours it will be a year!
jninjashadow
Same would like me to tell you all that he is giving his good-bye to the internet
This has the potential for much hilarity!

I will now be speaking for Same. I am channelling his spirit through me.

SAME wants everyone to know that he's decided to marry a horse.
A male horse.
They will be moving into a stable/house tomorrow for a trial period while the wedding plans are arranged. Special harnesses have been set up in the bedroom…

————
WTF. Second page in a row with me as the first poster. T_T

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon