Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
seventy2 at 12:00AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
i feel the need to give recognition to people. like walking down a sidewalk, and someone coming the other way. I recognize them. it seems most people look away. but i can't do that. i stare those people down.

something else goes here…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Skullbie at 12:05AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
Ahaha there were a bunch of havelina on the porch again. They're so funny, i turn on the lights and peer out and they just calmly walk off. Nice change from all those damn coyote packs a while back.

There was a little comic book that came with the Farscape DVD and i opened it up. Massive spoilers >:[ Not cool.

Meh…i'll watch something else for now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Ozoneocean at 4:54AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
Skullbie
Farscape DVD
I didn't get any comics with mine :(
You got Farscape?
+50 favourable impression of Skulbie.
seventy2
i feel the need to give recognition to people. like walking down a sidewalk, and someone coming the other way. I recognize them. it seems most people look away. but i can't do that. i stare those people down.
It's nice to say hi to people walking down the street, but it's a bit confronting when you stare them down though.

——————-
The current feature comic is a manga, with a giant banner and it reads right to left. ^_^
I wonder how people will react?
It's a pretty damn decent comic though, and you can't disqualify them from features just for things like that. There are more than enough great comics we have to disqualify for other reasons already.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
PIT_FACE at 5:34AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
Aurora Borealis
PIT_FACE
my boyfriend lent me the first volume of “the preacher” and now im hooked! i'm up to issue 7 today, and since im baby sitting tonight and earning more money, i'll probably buy volume 8 tommarow which means only one more after that. finally i'll get to know what happens between cass and tulip and jesse and blah blah blah. dammit! why are comics so addictive. cuz youknow what? after im done with this series, and i think “now i can spend my money on more practical things like food and a home for myself”, i'll just get addicted to another comic series!

…anyone got any sugggestions on which series i should tackle next?

Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis

oh yeah, id read some of that when i was younger! how many did issues did it last? i think i got to around the time spider was getting sick.

—-
there was a bad accident out on route 44 yesterday and well, dont get me wrong, it was very unfortunate, but very exciting too cuz i got to help with the Life Star helicopter! (life star's called out in critical situations to expedite patients to the nearest hospital.) it was really somethin man! me and another fire fighter got to set up the landing zone, and then it came in about 10 minutes later and landed, and if ya've ever been by a chopper when it's landed before, ya know how fucking cool it is, combined with the urgency of the situation, it was real heavy! then i got to help get the backboard under the patient (he was a big ole boy). then they loaded him up and took off. we were standing on an incline so it's taking off,and we're all trying to watch it without getting blown down the road, haha! it was pretty rad, as long as the guy's okay anyways. that's the only thing.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
PIT_FACE at 5:45AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
seventy2

yer one creepy bastard, 72.

Skullbie at 9:28AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
PIT_FACE
seventy2

yer one creepy bastard, 72.

god.
“Fuck it's that guy again”
*stare*
“oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck”
*stare*
“just look away…”
*staaaaare*
“I'll blow my rape whistle!”
lba at 9:30AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
lba
Oz, I've been in the field for two years now.
MmHmm
lba
The comment about being inexperienced really pisses me off
Don't make me go all bravo1102 on you now! ;)

Seems part of the problem was preparation… The change clauses should've been sorted out in the beginning. At this stage, as you tell it, you've got too much invested in the project to quit (grades reputation etc). That's a shame and something you'll have to take a lesson from.
All you have left is to finish it off as best you can and hope they don't screw you again in the end.. because in these situations that's pretty typical.

Doubt me all you want, but I started working part-time as a designer and illustrator during my junior year, and I'm now going on my second senior year of school, so it's been two years. I won't bother continuing this discussion though, because the way it's going, someone's in danger of making themselves out to be a patronizing ass here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
bravo1102 at 9:42AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
lba
Oz, I've been in the field for two years now.
MmHmm
lba
The comment about being inexperienced really pisses me off
Don't make me go all bravo1102 on you now! ;)

Oh shit, I've become a stereotype. My worst fears realized.

—-

seventy you're not creepy you're just practicing for when you have the rank to be expected to do that. Once you make E-6 and especially E-7 and then the magical E-8/9 you do that because the low-ranking types are obligated to give you the greeting of the day; which when you are a E-8/9 you are totally free to ignore or insult.

Good morning first sergeant!
What's so Goddam good about it?

Good day sergeant major!
What are you some kind of weather man?

Good evening sergeant!
Don't you have anything better to do?
Uh, hummina Hummina…
Well go DO it!

Yeah life was good back in the day. Give the impression you knew what you were dong when in fact you were just as clueless as the rest, even though they usually didn't know they were clueless. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Aurora Borealis at 9:54AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
PIT_FACE
Aurora Borealis

oh yeah, id read some of that when i was younger! how many did issues did it last? i think i got to around the time spider was getting sick.

50 or 60. It didn't so much “last” as it reached its planned conclusion. Good stuff!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
seventy2 at 11:37AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
hmmm. maybe i said that wrong. it's not like eyeballin. unless it proves to be hilarious. hmmmmm….tho skullbie did make it seem kinda creepy.

it's just that everyone wants to be so quiet. no one talks to anyone anymore. tho i guess a lot of us are tired…
————

I think going bravo on someone is a good thing. it's nice to hear from a grizzled veteran on the subject. it informs and helps.

oh and happy veterans (armistice) day bravo.
facara
Skullbie at 7:24PM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
Oh man today was great. I looked awesome in my new outfit and got a bunch of stuff. First i got my cat a furminator(one of those deshedders). There's several furminator types but i saw one with a walking lard bucket pictured and knew that was hers.

I saw strawberry panic; the complete series in hastings >_> I almost squealed in the aisle…so embarrassing buying it but i'm gonna marathon it this weekend. Today i'm watching Sons of anarchy and planning to finish farscape.

Also books like this shouldn't even EXIST:
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/53175143.html

Ozoneocean at 7:53PM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
bravo1102
Oh shit, I've become a stereotype. My worst fears realized.
Ha ha, you have DD immortality now!
seventy2
I think going bravo on someone is a good thing. it's nice to hear from a grizzled veteran on the subject. it informs and helps.
“Going Bravo” is the perfect term!

…also sounds a bit like saying “I'm not wearing any undies” though…

Oh yes, and these “—-” are called “wildebeests”.
Or “Gay wildebeests” if you're feeling wordy.

——————–

Speaking of grizzled experience, I've been doing graphic design a few years now… I still can't recall exact PMS colour numbers though, I'm shiz with remembering numbers. But I CAN match them by sight in a flash, as well as tell exact percentages of PMS shades just by looking.
I know most font types will give me the closest match to most other fonts.
And most scarily I'm a very accurate judge of exact sizes and proportions of shapes, down to 10ths of a millimetre in many instances… It's not a concious, intellectual skill, I just “know” the values.
Aurora Borealis at 8:40PM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
Oh man, I'm only four sales away from being able to afford my own copies of my last two sketchbooks and the newest comic!

That's pretty much the only good news. That and the last paycheck which was something like 7% larger than my largest one so far at this company (in theory we get the same amount every month but it changes depending on overtime, working saturdays, efficiency/quality bonuses and not skipping any days etc.)

The bad news: Today evening we have night shift. Also on Saturday. And then starting monday it's first shift but 12 hours… so I'll get off work Sunday 6am, get home around 7am… and the next day at the same time I'll be already at work and looking at an entire workday. How the hell am I going to switch my sleeping pattern like that? I have NO IDEA… expect me to be dead tired again.

The hopeful news: I'm hoping I can make these sales fast so I order my copies before this month ends. Hoding my own art in ym very own hands would sure as hell soften the nightmare of working at this company.
Ironscarf at 2:17AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(offline)
Ochitsukanai
Bought a little teakettle the other day. I never used one before, so I started out overfilling it and watching it heat up with interest and then shock as it started sputtering boiling water on my keys and phone.

You never had a kettle before? But how did you, *gulp* make your tea? Did you *double gulp* not drink tea? If I didn't have my 20 cups of tea a day I would be going seriouly Bravo right now!

(I'm not using that right am I? Can somebody define ‘going Bravo’ for me?)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
crocty at 2:27AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(offline)
Ironscarf
I imagine it means the same as “Going commando.” Right?

Argh I am so tired, why did I stay up so late, my sleep patterns were fine, THEY WERE FINE. Now I'm up at 10am about to go to sleep for the entire day. ARGGGHHHHHHHH, I remember when 3am was considered really late for me..
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
gullas at 2:34AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(offline)
must…resist…the….urges…to…do…something….else…then…study- oooh what's that? Aw, a cute kitty ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Ozoneocean at 4:55AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
crocty
Ironscarf
I imagine it means the same as “Going commando.” Right?
LOL

It can mean whatever you want. The no undies thing strangely seems a particularly intuitive fit -completely unintentional though.

My meaning and Seventy2's is:
“Ya think ya know it all, but let me tell you sumthin' little whippersnapper, and ya better listin' good ya' hear?!”

——————–

YAY! I finally got all my silver buttons! for well over $300 worth of buttons the package was very teeny and light… but they're all there, all 48 of them.
I almost didn't get them in the end though… after months of chasing up the guy to actually finish them and get around to send them, the halfwit postman delivered them to the wrong house in the wrong street! WTF? I'm just lucky they ended up in the same suburb.
Thank goodness the guys in that house were nice enough to deliver them here themselves.
Anyway, they're beautiful. The guy did a marvellous job! Pretty silver buttons. The round ones look like little Christmas balls…

After all the massively huge bills that are coming up, when I have spare cash again, I might buy another set for my other jacket.
ayesinback at 5:08AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
… but they're all there, all 48 of them.
I'm trying to picture a jacket that fits you that has 48 buttons. From descriptions, maybe Same and/or Genejoke might require 48 buttons . . .
Is this a floor-length jacket? Is the hem buttoned?

— (wildebeest watching home shopping network)

“SEE it sparkle and shine”
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Ozoneocean at 5:16AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
ayesinback
ozoneocean
… but they're all there, all 48 of them.
I'm trying to picture a jacket that fits you that has 48 buttons. From descriptions, maybe Same and/or Genejoke might require 48 buttons . . .
Is this a floor-length jacket? Is the hem buttoned?
Three vertical rows of 16 on a hussar pelisse

Link to pics of others on the web…

ayesinback at 5:26AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
AH! You will be sparkly with shiney new silver buttons :)
Ironscarf at 5:32AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean

With that security label and casual action pose, you look curiously like a fashion shop window display!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
ayesinback at 5:38AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
Ironscarf
With that security label and casual action pose, you look curiously like a fashion shop window display!
Maybe even a Christmas window display! OZ would look GREAT in the Macy's display (they have nutcrackers, you know).
PIT_FACE at 6:13AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
seventy2
hmmm. maybe i said that wrong. it's not like eyeballin. unless it proves to be hilarious. hmmmmm….tho skullbie did make it seem kinda creepy.

it's just that everyone wants to be so quiet. no one talks to anyone anymore. tho i guess a lot of us are tired…

haha, well the way she said it was pretty much what i was thinking too. talking about walking down the street and starring people down until they notice ya sounds kinda aggressive, are ya talking about people ya know? im sure i just misunderstood it a little bit.

—-

trying not to turn this thread into my own personal facebook page, but i'm spending the weekend at the fire academy, even staying in the dorms! ("FIFTEEN YEARS IN THE ACADEMY! LIKE NO CADET THEY'D EVER SEEN! DAH NAHNAH NAH DAHNAAHHHHH NAH NAH!) im lookin forward to havin a few rounds with everyone after class, i havent gotten a chance to fit in as well with these guys as i did with the guys in fire 1.

ALSO writing a new story with Tantz Aerine! it'll be more of a history thing, which i've never done before, but im getting really excited about and brainstorming like a mother fuuucccccckkkkkkkk! the story's gonna be about a native american man who enlists in the u.s.a.f and gets stuck in ww2 greece. with her giant bag o knowledge of history, and my love of violence, this is sure to be a treat!

PIT_FACE at 6:22AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
Aurora Borealis
PIT_FACE
Aurora Borealis

50 or 60. It didn't so much “last” as it reached its planned conclusion. Good stuff!

oh good! so it doesnt just drop off then. it follows through, which is good. maby ill pick it up again, find where i left off.
finally picked up the last volume of “The Preacher” yesterday and finished it in one go!came to a good ending, everything's all tied up and packaged away. i was glad to see Cassidy wasnt a complete douche in the end. it's hard to make such a likable character then basically turn him into something ya should probably actually be despizing, but it came around nicely, along with alot of things. hell, it keeps ya reading. that was one addictive series. fucking seriously. i wouldnt mind checking out more of Garth Ennis's stuff some time.

Aurora Borealis at 7:47AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
Great, I'm a goddamn moron. I go into the store to buy some notebooks for drawing random shit and stuff and what do I do? Instead of getting my fav squared ones I picked up two ruled ones. Ugh.

Oh well, I'll use them for quick notes on projects or something.
AQua_ng at 2:51PM, Nov. 12, 2010
(offline)
Oh wow, today I did not just get my first ‘Follow Friday’ mention on Twitter, but THREE. Love you DrunkDuck, give me a great big hug.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
seventy2 at 5:55PM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
PIT_FACE
who enlists in the u.s.a.f and gets stuck in ww2 greece. with her giant bag o knowledge of history, and my love of violence, this is sure to be a treat!

US army air corps 1926-'41, US army Air forces 41-47, USAF 47-present. That's the only history critique i can prolly ever give accurately!
————
hmmmm…this all does sound creepy. maybe i won't stare them down but just say hi, while looking the other way. lol. that'd be confusing.
——–

I JUST SLEPT 13 HOURS. it was amazing.
facara
Ochitsukanai at 8:26PM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
Ironscarf
You never had a kettle before? But how did you, *gulp* make your tea?
I had to microwave each mug of water individually, which was a hassle, so instead I developed a really serious coffee habit and tea was vaguely luxurious and classy.

Still classy though. And 20 mugs a day is 20 times as classy.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:44PM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
Ochi never wants to play mafia anymore! D:< T.T

Also I'm China in the SC for a Model UN conference. Fear the veto!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
skoolmunkee at 1:49AM, Nov. 13, 2010
(offline)
Ironscarf
You never had a kettle before? But how did you, *gulp* make your tea? Did you *double gulp* not drink tea? If I didn't have my 20 cups of tea a day I would be going seriouly Bravo right now!

This might blow your mind but most Americans do not even have electric kettles. Most of us go through our lives boiling water on the stovetop, not knowing electric kettles exixt. (I do think they are probably more popular now than they were 5 years ago, people may have heard of them at least.)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon