Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
HippieVan at 7:37AM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Ironscarf
internet meglomaniac for a while.
Ok scarf, “meglomaniac” eh? If it was someone else other than me who'd posted that would you still level the same accusation?

I think the thing is that no one else would have posted that.

But whatever, be how you want to be. ;)
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
seventy2 at 9:11AM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
I won't say anything more on the matter and I won't be posting anything more in the forums for a while except as pertains to my administration responsibilities.

I'm going to miss you!
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Ironscarf at 10:55AM, Oct. 31, 2009
(offline)
Ozoneocean
I'm a normal comic posting user here like everyone else

Normal comic posting users don't have yellow boxes: with great power comes great responsibility!

I'm not trying to say you're a bad person - more like a normal user who's become drunk with power and turned into a slavering, facistic forum dictator who derives his twisted pleasure from playing psychological chess with ordinary DD users as his pawns, but with a heart of gold underneath it all.

How could you possibly choose to be offended by that?

Ozoneocean
I won't be posting anything more in the forums for a while except as pertains to my administration responsibilities.

Oh that's right - make me look like the bad guy, you Stalinist.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Product Placement at 12:00PM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
It's not so much that it's frowned upon as it is you're likely to get sued for it. America used to be quite a helpful place untl good samaritans started getting legally punished by spruious claims of injustice, emotional harm, and lacking the skill to help properly. People are just afraid to help others now.
Yeah. That's the impression I got as well. Another thing that I remember is the issue of hitchhiking. Apparently it's considered to be such a dangerous practice since either the person hitching the ride or the one providing is a potential mass murderer or rapist. Hitchhiking is a very common thing where I live and there are even designated pick up spots in some areas.

I also understand that some universities provide basic mechanic classes specially aimed for ladies, so that they can fix their car themselves should it ever break down on the road. That way they don't have to worry about anyone who might stop to “help” them. Such mistrust towards a helping hand is completely alien to me.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Skullbie at 2:16PM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
What is relevant/irrelevant to another person is not for you to decide.
That was nicely put ironscarf, regardless of ‘cultural differences’ a little tact can never do you wrong when talking about an obviously personal issue to someone. I've learned this the hard way(oh god have i ;–; ) but i'm glad i did.

At the very least don't act like your perspective is the only one worth having, and at the same time talk down anyone with a differing one. That's the american definition of ‘douchebag’.

—————————

So i am totally on board J. H. Williams artwork, seriously just
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/detective854.jpg

He manages to keep up that cool energy all through the issue, and that one is far from the coolest layout he's done(couldn't find any other scan) Almost makes me bitter when i pick up a Quietly book and everyone is calling him a campy genius (i do like his art though)
Dem inkzz:
http://www.4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/batwoman-105clip.jpg
http://blog.newsarama.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/normal_batwoman1-inks-pg016-017.jpg
^so amazing when colored ;-;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
Lonnehart at 2:23PM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
Wow… good samaritans getting sued for helping people? Almost like that issue where defending yourself will land you life in prison…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
lba at 6:47PM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
Holy assballs of pants-shitting hell. Why is it so goddamn freakishly cold in my studio? It's actually literally colder than outside in here. The A/C shouldn't be on, I just went down to the maintenance office and looked at it on the heating computer ( I have access because I work for maintenance here.), but I swear it feels like it is. Everywhere else in the school is a toasty 72, but on my floor it's around 50.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
HippieVan at 10:21PM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
I just had a totally great halloween!

I went to the central canada comic convention earlier today and it kinda sucked so I was all “OOoooooh, halloween suuuuuckkkss this year” but I went trick-or-treating with my friend and then watched The Rear Window, and it was tons of fun.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
seventy2 at 10:30PM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
the party sucked. nobody dressed up, all the people who were supposed to go out drinking got sick….so we sat around talking about work, while the wife kinda got left out of it…

but i was still the doctor.
facara
Bocaj at 11:35PM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
Halloween was pretty good for me. I had no costume planned but I ended up wearing this full body thing of a pink stitch and a trench coat over that, so I could flash it to people.
My main complaint is that many people were sleeping over, but my parents didn't want me to, and well, fuck me for being an obedient son…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Lonnehart at 12:01AM, Nov. 1, 2009
(online)
Ugh… it's happening again. When I think of something interesting to do, watch an interesting book or watch a show that I like I almost immediatly fall asleep. However, if I'm doing something that I don't want to do or am bored with something I'm WIDE AWAKE! I always figured at least one gear isn't turning right in the old gray matter, but this is a bit much. I can't even try to draw now because I wake up a half hour later with my face on my tablet. x_x
Draven_Xero at 12:04AM, Nov. 1, 2009
(offline)
Well, my halloween party gig was a bit of up and down…
The two bands that went on before us were hella intense. Us? Not quite so hardcore, but we held our own. Had our old guitarist sit in on a few songs, and that went pretty well.

I actually came to a realization tonight, though. It seems that for all the shows we play, all the people that get exposed to our music, well…it seems like most of the respect we get for our efforts is from the other musicians. The average Joe, the one that doesn't know as much about the technical side of playing music, might take it or leave it, but the other bands (even the ones that do TOTALLY different kinds of music), they almost always give us great revues.

It just seems odd to me that it comes out that way…not sure what it means, but hey, respect's respect, and that's what matters!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Skullbie at 12:30AM, Nov. 1, 2009
(online)
Played resident evil 5 in halloween celebration, intelligent zombies rejoice~
Then played borderlands, what a badass game, cell shading was a totally amazing idea.
It has the exact same wind track as fallout3 though, wat the hel.
Survival Artist at 2:11AM, Nov. 1, 2009
(offline)
No Halloween here in Jiaxing, China. Let alone Devil's Night (not that I've participated in the latter since I was 13 or so).

I'd like to reiterate that I want a goddamm burrito supreme. If anyone would like to mail me one (and figure out how to preserve it's hot greasy goodness en route) I will be your friend.

As for that phony American friendliness, I can say with authority it depends on where in the States you go. You'll find it in small towns and the midwest. In LA, you'll find nothing of the kind. People rarely interact in LA, except via their cars.

About the argument above: I've noticed that these kinds of things happen very easily on forums. It's because people don't have to look each other in the eye. Human behavior changes in that situation. It's the same in traffic, when people have cars around them, or when they're drunk.

I'm not taking a side here. I'm saying that on both sides of any forum argument, people will say things they normally wouldn't. They're a lot bolder, even experimental. It's happened to me many times.

And emoticons don't seem to improve the situation.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Lonnehart at 1:01PM, Nov. 1, 2009
(online)
Survival Artist
I'd like to reiterate that I want a goddamm burrito supreme. If anyone would like to mail me one (and figure out how to preserve it's hot greasy goodness en route) I will be your friend.

Maybe if you could get someone to “reverse engineer” one for you then send you the recipe you'd get one. Of course that'd include the recipe for making the tortilla.
Warpedwenger at 2:20PM, Nov. 1, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
Played resident evil 5 in halloween celebration, intelligent zombies rejoice~
Then played borderlands, what a badass game, cell shading was a totally amazing idea.
It has the exact same wind track as fallout3 though, wat the hel.
D: I love Borderlands did you ever get high speed internets? You need some Xbox Live.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
Lonnehart at 2:51PM, Nov. 1, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
Played resident evil 5 in halloween celebration

Heh… I went and played Silent Hill 3 again. The game really creeps me out. Even worse than Silent Hill (the one for the PSX) and that part in the high school with the loud sound on the second floor and the ghost babies…

Right now the part that really creeps me out is that big hole in the floor of the mall. I really REALLY don't want to know what's at the bottom, but if I want to move forward in the game…
Skullbie at 5:40PM, Nov. 1, 2009
(online)
Warpedwenger
D: I love Borderlands did you ever get high speed internets? You need some Xbox Live.

I wish i had high speed internet and an xbox, i played it at a friends house.

Lonnehart
Heh… I went and played Silent Hill 3 again. The game really creeps me out.
Horror games are easier if you play with a friend and have the lights on, which of course is weakkk, but silent hill games really know how to freak you out. I thought dead space was pretty scary even with the lights on.

Speaking of video games it pisses me off when some gamers get pretentious about playing a difficult game:
“I play games to relax, and Demon's Souls relaxes me in the way a complex novel would rather than the way an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie would.
Relaxing/leisure doesn't mean zero effort.”

In the context of the previous posts(all saying the game was one you couldn't just sit back and relax to finish easily) it just screamed egotism.

—————————-

I'm getting so burned out on studying. Worst part is i know if i take it all easy and blow it off right now i'm going to be punching myself on tuesday's test.
Ugh…trudging onwards…
Survival Artist at 7:40PM, Nov. 1, 2009
(offline)
Lonnehart
Maybe if you could get someone to “reverse engineer” one for you then send you the recipe you'd get one. Of course that'd include the recipe for making the tortilla.

The problem here would be getting decent cheese, sour cream, and guac. A trip to Shanghai would be in order (an hour by train, plus several hours navigating that megalopolis by bus and subway).

I guess I must wait for next summer's return to LA for some Mexican food.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Lonnehart at 8:57PM, Nov. 1, 2009
(online)
Ugh… I suppose patience is better than the frustration of visiting a major city… And from the few visits I've had to the mainland U.S. I have to agree. Around here it takes up to an hour to get anywhere while it takes hours or more in the larger places… x_x

Great… I still want to try writing that lesbian/yandere story that I've had in my mind now. And it's gonna have to be hilarious (and maybe a bit squicky since it's an adopted sister who secretly wants to murder her sister's love interest. Problem is trying to draw without near instantly entering “snooze” mode. Maybe it'll go away on its own as it always seems to have. Oh, well…

Or I could write stories about my job. I've got too many strange stories to tell… like the two guys behind the store who went at it like rabbits… nevermind. That image is permanently seared into my memory and nothing short of amnesia will remove it.
Croi Dhubh at 10:41PM, Nov. 1, 2009
(offline)
Finally figured out some effects in Flash that were driving me up a wall…going good on my animation.

Halloween went well, images in the photo section, and I can start getting color back into my skin (Pimp named White Velvet…so…stayed out of the sun for almost all of October. Yes, I'm dedicated).

I hate where my life always is when it comes to the opposite sex. I allowed myself to care, and, well, I should have remembered not to.

Oh…and could someone, besides myself as I have been REPEATEDLY, PLEASE remind my part time gig that working me eight days straight at 7.5 hours is NOT fucking cool even if the eighth day rolls in to a new schedule period? If they work me tomorrow for my on call (another six hours) it will be nine days straight…I get ONE fucking day off.

**Holy shit…I just checked my schedule…if they do use my on call, I work on Tuesday for eight hours normally, which means TEN DAYS STRAIGHT. *sigh* I fucking hate this… Being someone you can depend on doesn't mean fucking them in the ass like this
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
ERasER at 5:21AM, Nov. 2, 2009
(online)
Just got up, got to get to work. Time to gather up coffee
BackSeat Gamers
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
Croi Dhubh at 10:36AM, Nov. 2, 2009
(offline)
Thank god for some of my managers! They love me and gave me the day off. It's because I promised my family recipe spaghetti on Thursday *LOL* BRIBERY FTW!!!

Oh, and I'm going out to get Tekken 6 for X360 right now.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Warpedwenger at 12:22PM, Nov. 2, 2009
(offline)
I think I figured out why I'm so F'D up. It's so obvious now! It's because I'm a Cancer/Leo cusp… Those are two personalities that just don't really go together. Stupid astrology -_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
seventy2 at 5:02PM, Nov. 2, 2009
(online)
what started this? why do i feel so down. i'm five days from running again, and 30 minutes to my first TKD in over a month. but this picture that sits on my desk. this family picture that only reminds me of what i never had. what i barely remember. why don't i get rid of it?

i think i have abandonment issues.
facara
GracehFaceh at 7:53PM, Nov. 2, 2009
(online)
I have a thought blurb lalalala! Today's idle thoughts comes in three parts!

I'm on a roll with my comics again but unfortunately school and stage crew are getting in my way. Curses! At least I built my buffer up pretty hardcore (8 pages is hardcore.) I was originally planning on going back to two page a week updates in December but now I don't want to out of laziness, but I also want the story to move faster… *Sad face*

I had a yucky infection and the antibiotics gave me another yucky infection. :'[ It hurts. I want to stab a wall. On top of that grades close on Friday and I'm still worried about it even though I tried really hard to be diligent about doing well. I wish they would post the grades up like they do in Bio. Alsoalso, I don't think the Phillies are gonna win the world series and that sucks a big one. Now we won't get a free day off. Curses number two!

I'm terrible. I've completely abandoned any attempt to woo one of my guy friends after pursuing him for a while. Not because I found out he had a girlfriend, no… He went from being a happy-go-lucky guy to this depressed snarkster over night and I. Hate. That. I hate moody. Especially depressed moody. I'm Shallow personality-wise. Also, a guy in the play was apparently flirting with me and I completely forgot my previous crush existed. I'M COOL.

I need to stop telling my mother when I like someone unless I know for sure that it's going anywhere. I'm always afraid to show her their picture because I don't have the tendency to be attracted to the same guys she thinks are attractive… as in I have a thing for chubby goofballs who make me laugh. I can't help it. Skinny guy hugs do nothing for me. I guess it has something to do with being tiny myself.

ANYWHO, that's my thought process at the moment. :]
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Skullbie at 10:57PM, Nov. 2, 2009
(online)
Someone
jimmy corrigan
Not even halfway through and this thing is an outright chore to read. I get that there's apparently two main characters and one is probably his ancestor, both of which are borderline retarded and some allusion to the emasculation in Cuckoo's nest(i burned that book) But the jumbled narrative and random fantasies are ticking me off.

Of course i feel i have to trudge on since this book apparently has something great to offer, or got a crapload of good reviews for whatever reason. (and a lot of them used the word ‘humor’ and ‘funny’, so i either need what they're smoking or situational irony is forever dulled and lost on me).

Ah fuck it i'd much rather study then read jimmy corrigan, and that's just awful.
Lonnehart at 11:13PM, Nov. 2, 2009
(online)
Ugh… just finished reading that Microsoft XNA faq about how you get paid for the games you make. Now I don't mind their terms (I think you're paid every quarter). My problem is the taxes. Not the taxes that the feds will take out of it. It's the local government here. They'll take out taxes from whatever Microsoft gives us as well. So Microsoft takes 30% of your total money you earn from selling your game on the XBLive marketplace, plus the federal taxes. And then I have to figure in the LOCAL taxes as well. I guess it's like my father likes to say… the local government will always find a way to nickel and dime you. Heck… I had to pay nearly $600 for building taxes that apparently weren't paid over a decade ago, and they know I won't have the reciepts for the lost years due to all the typhoons that have blown my house away.
skoolmunkee at 11:41PM, Nov. 2, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
Not even halfway through and this thing is an outright chore to read.
Told you so, told you so
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Ozoneocean at 1:09AM, Nov. 3, 2009
(online)
Chatting with various people, they've changed my mind about not participating in the forums any longer.

Probably the cause of that issue was Custard assuming that because most of the stuff he posted was always mean and or sarcastic that anyone else posting would also use that tone. Which wasn't the case.

It wasn't nice to be ganged up on though. It never is.
———-

Tom Baker was the best Doctor who. There are no contenders who even come close.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon