Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
seventy2 at 4:08AM, Nov. 3, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
———-

Tom Baker was the best Doctor who. There are no contenders who even come close.

:O

i enjoy the bipolarness of David Tennant.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Ironscarf at 4:45AM, Nov. 3, 2009
(offline)
Ozoneocean
Chatting with various people, they've changed my mind about not participating in the forums any longer.

They ganged up on you in a good way this time!

All the doctors have their own merits of course, but Tom Baker was the doctor: he was truly alien, yet totally likeable. When he took over the role me and my friends were all “this bloke is just too strange”, but within two weeks, we'd bought all the jelly babies within a five mile radius.

And of course, he had the scarf of the gods!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Hakoshen at 8:16AM, Nov. 3, 2009
(offline)
When you try to correct a new student to the dojo and all they talk about is how things were done in their other school, that's the mark of a poor student and someone who isn't giving his all to learning. I'm struggling not to be one of those guys. It's so hard to accept criticism when everything I'm learning now flies in the face of what I spent years perfecting. I want to scream “NO! YOU'RE WRONG!” and osoto gari him just because I can. It's one of those situations where the guy tells all his students “I don't care what you were before, you're all nobodies now,” or some crap. To make matters worse, I spent four years not practicing so everything I want to defend I don't have the skill to do so.

God DAMN it I want to punch somebody, but I don't even get to leave the office today, and I wont get to do any sparring until I earn two more belts.

Well, back to work. I have a triple caseload and it isn't going to absolve itself.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
seventy2 at 9:21AM, Nov. 3, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
God DAMN it I want to punch somebody, but I don't even get to leave the office today, and I wont get to do any sparring until I earn two more belts.

Huzzah for wednesday nights!! i'm going to get my rear handed to me this week, but i'm glad that i'm finally back in the swing of things…sitting around for 5 weeks really made me sad.
—————–

i need to see the other 8 doctors…

Tom baker is doing the radio broadcasts tho.
facara
skoolmunkee at 12:28PM, Nov. 3, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
Huzzah for wednesday nights!!
It's only Tuesday, bro.

I think it's going to take me a couple more days to adjust to my new wake-up time… I really want to make an effort to be consistent with when I get up (working from home half the week meant some days I could sleep in a little more). But getting up at 6:30 combined with it getting dark here before 5pm is making me more tired than usual in the evenings. :[ Hopefully next week this will have ironed out and I can do a full day without wanting a nap at 8pm.

IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Lonnehart at 3:23PM, Nov. 3, 2009
(online)
Dozed off at work and had two 5 minute dreams… really STRANGE dreams…

One was the movie SAW… except that now it's a game show where contestants get to die gory looking deaths (but they don't actually die… it's just part of the show).

Then there's the “Mon” show. Hosted by two Jamaicans. Now I'm tempted to drill a hole in my skull and pour bleach into it. x_x
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
seventy2 at 5:55PM, Nov. 3, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
seventy2
Huzzah for wednesday nights!!
It's only Tuesday, bro.

I know, but having that something i can look forward too is great. i can sweep my feelings under that carpet, without worry of it coming out later. because i know, that no matter what happens, there will be wednesday nights.
facara
skoolmunkee at 9:59PM, Nov. 3, 2009
(offline)
So my body told me I was tired last night at 10pm, so I went to bed at 10pm. I wake up all bright and shiny (though it was still dark outside) at 5:30am. OK, I would like to start waking up early, but 6:30 is just fine, thanks. Now I have to kill an hour before I can go to the gym. T_T
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
usedbooks at 10:02PM, Nov. 3, 2009
(online)
My dad might be allergic to gluten. Family meals are now wheat-free. And cooking has become more tedious, as we have brand new ways to worry about cross-contamination.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
elektro at 10:48PM, Nov. 3, 2009
(offline)
Okay, the weirdest thing just happened.

My dad has never been known to have a terrific memory, but tonight he could remember so little that it scared me. At night, he usually reads a daily prayer or something out of the Bible before going to bed. Tonight, he said he couldn't even understand the words, like they were in a different language he couldn't understand.

Thing is, my dad does not have dyslexia, and his memory is never this bad because he couldn't remember Psalm 23, which he claims he knows by heart. Scared the ever-loving shit out of me, as my dad is relatively old (77 at last count) but still in relatively good shape otherwise. I started asking him what he did all day, and he said nothing out of the ordinary, but then his mind went to shit the minute he got home.

Then it hit me: because he recently had surgery for an enlarged prostate, I asked if any of the drugs he was taking might have caused this. I then took a look at the pills he was taking, and one of them was Levaquin, which was the most expensive drug and had the most amount of information come with it, along with a laundry list of side-effects. I can't say for certain, as I'm no doctor, but I wouldn't be shocked if this was what caused this very scary, albeit brief, memory loss, as my dad said he could remember stuff like he normally could now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Jonko at 1:30PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
elektro
Okay, the weirdest thing just happened.

My dad has never been known to have a terrific memory, but tonight he could remember so little that it scared me. At night, he usually reads a daily prayer or something out of the Bible before going to bed. Tonight, he said he couldn't even understand the words, like they were in a different language he couldn't understand.

Thing is, my dad does not have dyslexia, and his memory is never this bad because he couldn't remember Psalm 23, which he claims he knows by heart. Scared the ever-loving shit out of me, as my dad is relatively old (77 at last count) but still in relatively good shape otherwise. I started asking him what he did all day, and he said nothing out of the ordinary, but then his mind went to shit the minute he got home.

Then it hit me: because he recently had surgery for an enlarged prostate, I asked if any of the drugs he was taking might have caused this. I then took a look at the pills he was taking, and one of them was Levaquin, which was the most expensive drug and had the most amount of information come with it, along with a laundry list of side-effects. I can't say for certain, as I'm no doctor, but I wouldn't be shocked if this was what caused this very scary, albeit brief, memory loss, as my dad said he could remember stuff like he normally could now.

It would be terrible if it was caused by the drugs. Prescription drugs may seem to be safe because a doctor gives them to you, but my dad (who also is a dr) always tells me that I should never trust a doctor because the majority of them are quacks that just wanna make money.

On another note, I saw a documentary on someone with cognitive impairment (I think that's what is was called, I saw this documentary in Japanese) and the symptoms seem a little familiar. I think the symptoms also come and go in the early cases of getting this condition. It may be a good idea to consult a doctor just to be prepared?

I really hope he feels better soon.

usedbooks
My dad might be allergic to gluten. Family meals are now wheat-free. And cooking has become more tedious, as we have brand new ways to worry about cross-contamination

Try brown rice pasta! My best friend is also allergic to Gluten, and I've discovered that the brown rice alternatives are much more similar to the regular versions than other options (brown rice bread is pretty good too).
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Croi Dhubh at 2:30PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
Animation is going very well. More detail can be found over at my Newgrounds account page (sunrie.newgrounds.com).

I spent all morning getting my spaghetti ready for tonight and for everyone at work tomorrow. Guess what? I can't smell or taste anything… Not even my tea! I can't smell it cooking, I can't even taste the flavor. I think I'm getting sick. I think the one girl I work with got my ill seeing as she wasn't feeling well and we sat in her car and talked after work for about four hours… ARGH…too bad nothing came of that, though. Won' get into the shit.

It cost me nearly fifty bucks to get this recipe together seeing as I use all natural ingredients, season my own meats, and make everything except for the noodles from scratch…now I can't even enjoy it… Le sigh…
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Skullbie at 2:46PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Man i really want to do a short sci-fi comic, or a comic set in the jungle. I have a plot for the jungle one which i think is pretty cool but it's fairly long.
Crud i'd make some thread asking for a writer but i always get people with 50+ page stories or someone wanting me to work on an existing comic(zzzZZZ) or it's just a cliche plot ripped from some manga.

Ah what am i complaining about i can't even write sci-fi to begin with. Maybe i'll just make a random page for the heck of it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
AQua_ng at 2:58PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
I find it painfully ironic that my first name, a western one, has been misspelled hundreds of times more than my very foreign surname.

It's even more painful when your own cousin misspells it when my name was right in front of him.

It's also ironic when the word ‘ironic’ is used incorrectly.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
gullas at 3:12PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
*insert rant about school, life, guitar practice, the need for cake frosing and the lack of beer and sleep*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Ozoneocean at 3:59PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
Crud i'd make some thread asking for a writer but i always get people with 50+ page stories
Why ask a random bunch of people? You've been doing comics online for a few years now, don't you know some comic writer creators that you like the style of? You must have made enough contacts and friends now that you could ask some people directly for something more specific.
Croi Dhubh
I spent all morning getting my spaghetti ready for tonight and for everyone at work tomorrow. Guess what? I can't smell or taste anything…
Ha! Reminds me of a skit I saw in a sketch comedy the other day; A chef got a punch on the nose and lost his sense of smell so all the food he made afterwards tasted crap.
Then he made a robot to help him replace his sense of smell but all it could recognise was either petrol or cheese and couldn't even tell the difference between the two… Which was a problem when it tried to kill itself by setting itself on fire… :)

——————-
2.5 hours sleep last night. Today is going too suck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Croi Dhubh at 4:54PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
FUCK!! FUCK!!!! Okay, so my brother's fiancee's number is nearly identical to my ex's and I hadn't saved her as a contact in my phone for some reason to this day. Well, I needed her to come over and try the spaghetti sauce before everyone comes over tonight.

Yeah, you know what fucking happened. I call, surprised she made her phone have a ring back tone, and then the voice mail kicks over and it's my god damn fucking ex. I quickly hung up when I heard the, “Hey, this is Kristy”, part of the message. Cursing myself, I quickly found Marta's number, and saved her as a contact.

Well, wouldn't you know, stupid cunt of an ex messages me asking why I'm calling her. Let her know that it was a huge error on my part, her number is the same as someone else, and to ignore it so “GOOD BYE”. At least she finally gets it through her head I do NOT want to ever talk to her again.

Yes, this is the same ex who “accidentally” sent me those pictures. ARGH!

Oh, and no, I still can't taste anything really. My mother sampled it and at least she thinks it tastes great. No jokes about my mother tasting my sauce…gross…I know you DD'ers!
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
PIT_FACE at 5:04PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
ah cool,OZ! i just noticed you put the PM banner in yer sig! thanks amigo!

Elektro, i hope it's only something passing man. does he've seemed to have gotten any better since then?

rented an anime movie for the first time in years. it was called Jin-Roh. not bad, had some cool shit, got lost in it a little bit though. they guys reminded me of the mascot for Sodom! \m/

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Niccea at 5:46PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
Once again, I've been asked if I'm a foreigner.

I was working on my internship when a speech therapist suddenly turned to me and asked if a fluently spoke another language. I said no. And she said that my accent suggested that English is my second language.

T-T I'm getting tired of being asked what country I'm originally from. My family has been in America for many generations. There is even some Native American blood in there. Just cause I have a Texas drawl, people think I'm not from here.

Granted, my parents are not my biological parents, so my odd accent may came from my birth parents. But I know one was from Texas and the other is from Louisiana.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
lba at 6:15PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Ok, I've finally given up on HP and their crap. I've spent two goddamn weeks on the phone with them every day for at least an hour trying to get my laptop fixed and I've gotten nowhere. I can't even find a repair center in this entire city who will do the job for anything less than $300, so I'm going to have to do it myself it looks like. I've never worked on a laptop before, but I found some decent instructions and I'm pretty sure I'm smart enough to figure out the parts I need to when it comes to working on physical components. Although, if anyone has any experience pulling apart an HP DV6700 laptop, I'd love to hear from them.

But before I start in on this mess, does anyone know how I can copy all my program files to an external hard drive? I have all my images, music, documents, etc. copied, but I need to copy the program files for stuff like Adobe Creative Suite. Ideally I'd just prefer to create a system restore point with everything on my external hard drive on the chance I trash the hard drive or something, but Vista doesn't seem like it has plans on letting me do that. Maybe there's just some setting I haven't found yet in order to do it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
HippieVan at 6:26PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Ack, I was playing with this “shape-able foam soap” stuff(actually I'm pretty sure it's just shaving cream for kids) that my little sister got and it dyed my hands blue!

Niccea
Once again, I've been asked if I'm a foreigner.

I was working on my internship when a speech therapist suddenly turned to me and asked if a fluently spoke another language. I said no. And she said that my accent suggested that English is my second language.

T-T I'm getting tired of being asked what country I'm originally from. My family has been in America for many generations. There is even some Native American blood in there. Just cause I have a Texas drawl, people think I'm not from here.

Granted, my parents are not my biological parents, so my odd accent may came from my birth parents. But I know one was from Texas and the other is from Louisiana.

Oh man, I know what you mean.
I used to have the worst speech impediments when I was little so I went to speech therapy and crap for ages, and what I got left with was…well, I'm not sure. To some people it's still just “lol, you talk funny”. Other people think it's different sorts of accents - I get asked where I'm from all the time - or just say that I talk oddly but they can't quite place what it is.
It's fun times.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
elektro at 7:33PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
PIT_FACE
Elektro, i hope it's only something passing man. does he've seemed to have gotten any better since then?

Seems to have gotten better, but I can say one thing: I never did trust drug companies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
seventy2 at 8:57PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
I LOVE FIGHTNIGHT WEDNESDAYS.

that is all.
facara
Ozoneocean at 11:06PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
PIT_FACE
ah cool,OZ! i just noticed you put the PM banner in yer sig! thanks amigo!
Ha! I did that ages ago :)
That creature looks like your Pit-Face character that you dressed up as. ^__^
lba
But before I start in on this mess, does anyone know how I can copy all my program files to an external hard drive? I have all my images, music, documents, etc.
You need to create a disk image.
Look for a program that does that. You can probably find a free one on the net, but for something like what you're dealing with it'd be worth spending a little bit of money on it.
Find reviews on which one is best at it.

you could even use a few disk image programs to create a few images, depending on how much space you have- Just so you have redundancy in case they don't work as well as they should. ;)

————–
Accents… I get asked if I'm English occasionally. When I'm being snooty, smug and didactic I speak very correctly and rather clipped so I lose my Australianess. Even mistaken for an American once or twice O_O
But then a lot of the time people think I'm a foreigner just because of the way I look for some reason.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Skullbie at 11:24PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Oh my god biology =_= Every day i go i get a homework assignment, just had a huge test on tuesday and there's some essay due tomorrow + group project next week, neither of which i've started on.

Also
-
A university student who was photographed urinating over a war memorial was warned on Wednesday that he could be jailed for the “disgusting act.”
article name
“give pees a chance”
Hahaha! oh god, i like when news doesn't depress the crap out of me, like this thread.
Sometimes i wish we could instate torture for monsters like that instead of some painless little shot. Death and life in prison will never amount to the days of torture they put those people through. (what's worse is the men they're sending to prison are most likely going to be doing the rapes to other inmates)

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
Lonnehart at 12:02AM, Nov. 5, 2009
(online)
Loaded a game I always wanted to try again called Galactic Civilizations II: The Dread Lords. Went into “sandbox” mode with my usual mode of play… scattered star systems, rare planets, rare stars, slow tech advancement… and found out why I don't play the game anymore. I completely stink at strategy games, RTS, 4X, or otherwise. ‘Bout the only game I’ve had good luck in was Metal Marines for the SNES. :(

Always seems to be the same problem. By the time I've developed enough tech to defend myself, my opponents already have the most advanced tech in the game and I'm squashed like a bug under someone's heel. Doesn't help me when I play against human opponents in Warcraft III or Starcraft online… in less than 5 minutes I'm barely building my basic defenses but everyone already has the most advanced weapons in the game… -_-

One of these days I'm gonna have to figure out what I'm doing wrong…

edit: darnit… I spend too much time in the ship editor trying to make my own huge flying space battleships… Too bad I don't have enough tech to give them defenses against all three damage types (missile, energy, and kinetic… that's missile weapons, lasers, and anything with bullets)…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Hakoshen at 5:04AM, Nov. 5, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
I LOVE FIGHTNIGHT WEDNESDAYS.

that is all.

I feel ya man. Tonight is grappling practice!

Or rather it would have been had shihan not broken his foot. It's up in the air now.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
PIT_FACE at 5:15AM, Nov. 5, 2009
(online)
Croi Dhubh
I think the one girl I work with got my ill seeing as she wasn't feeling well and we sat in her car and talked after work for about four hours… ARGH…too bad nothing came of that, though. Won' get into the shit.

wait a sec, dont you have a fiance? or am i mistaking what you said up above? i sure fuckin hope so.

Ozoneocean-yeah,we've hung before.B)

Elektro- good to hear man.look into this stuff.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
bravo1102 at 5:22AM, Nov. 5, 2009
(offline)
The two nightmare words for a security guard in a senior community: deceased persons.

The hysterical widow comes running up saying she can't dial her phone. So I dial 911 and run up to check it out. The operator talks me through CPR on a corpse.

Here's the irony: this did not occur during my regular work hours but because I was asked to come in 90 minutes early so the duty guard could cover another site. And this happened on my late father's birthday and the events echoed the circumstances of my father's death when I ignored the frantic call from my sister to come to his side. So I get called to experience nearly the same thing at the side of a stranger?

I was freaked out for a long while.

Then there's a new tenent where I can only ask: what is the line between dementia and denying reality because reality is just too lonely and painful?

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
ERasER at 5:29AM, Nov. 5, 2009
(online)
seventy2
ozoneocean
———-

Tom Baker was the best Doctor who. There are no contenders who even come close.

:O

i enjoy the bipolarness of David Tennant.

I quite enjoyed the antics of Peter Davison myself
BackSeat Gamers
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon