Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
Skullbie at 5:49PM, Nov. 10, 2009
(online)
Orin J Master
the problem happens when people don't see any criticism as constructive. than anything's trolling by them. i do enjoy it when someone feels the need to snap at me over a comment though. it means i made them think a bit!

it helps that i've given up on any hope that people will take my remarks in a positive light.

I highly doubt you understand what constructive crit means. Give examples of what you posted on comics, i'll bet anything you acted like a rude little dick to them.

I've noticed sprite comickers(namely on smackjeeves) tend to be the most vicious to other comickers. It's either they don't understand the effort people put into real drawings that aren't copy/pasted onto the page or they're just attention whores trying to get it else where.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
Orin J Master at 6:12PM, Nov. 10, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
I highly doubt you understand what constructive crit means. Give examples of what you posted on comics, i'll bet anything you acted like a rude little dick to them.

I've noticed sprite comickers(namely on smackjeeves) tend to be the most vicious to other comickers. It's either they don't understand the effort people put into real drawings that aren't copy/pasted onto the page or they're just attention whores trying to get it else where.

oh, i was a dick to a couple of ‘em, don’t get me wrong. mostly to sprite comicers. tell ‘em the composition in their panels is off and they tell you they didn’t make it, they borrowed the art from a game.

i was just saying it runs both ways.

and besides, what's wrong with being a dick sometimes? encouraging someone when they're going things wrong isn't helping anything.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
seventy2 at 6:20PM, Nov. 10, 2009
(online)
you know what's great about veterans day? all the free junk given to military members on that day.

I'm not eating at home tomorrow, and i'm not paying a penny!

(aka armistice, and remembrance day)
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Croi Dhubh at 8:26PM, Nov. 10, 2009
(offline)
After 45 minutes of Steam refusing to acknowledge I had a DVD copy of Modern Warfare 2, it's installing…30 minutes off of one DVD, yikes! I have a really fast SATA DVD drive, too.

I'm Sunrie on Steam. Look me up
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Lonnehart at 9:18PM, Nov. 10, 2009
(online)
Ugh… I've got a dilemna…

There's this triple chocolate cake in the local store I want to get so I can bring it to the family Thanksgiving party. Problem is… if I wait too long it will sell out and I can't buy it then. But if I buy it now, there's a really huge chance that I'll end up attacking the cake, and still have nothing to bring to the party. What a headache…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Ozoneocean at 9:26PM, Nov. 10, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
But if I buy it now, there's a really huge chance that I'll end up attacking the cake, and still have nothing to bring to the party.
What's the dilemma? That's win-win!
If your willpower fails you get to eat delicious cake, if it doest you have your thanksgiving thing.
There's basically no down side to buying that cake!

Buy two, then you can have your cake and eat it. (^_____^)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Draven_Xero at 9:30PM, Nov. 10, 2009
(offline)
Well, this dude's frustrated himself quite enough for one night (artistically, not that other way, thank you very much). Time to crash out and see if my dreams are actually entertaining for a change. Maybe by the time I wake up, I'll be able to finish my next page…I certainly hope so. I HATE makin' a liar outa myself.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Lonnehart at 9:30PM, Nov. 10, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Lonnehart
But if I buy it now, there's a really huge chance that I'll end up attacking the cake, and still have nothing to bring to the party.
What's the dilemma? That's win-win!
If your willpower fails you get to eat delicious cake, if it doest you have your thanksgiving thing.
There's basically no down side to buying that cake!

Buy two, then you can have your cake and eat it. (^_____^)

Major problem there… I LOVE CHOCOLATE. If I buy two I'll end up attacking them both. O_O

edit: Maybe I should try making this instead…

Video: Chocolate Mud Cake
Ozoneocean at 12:37AM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
Well, keep buying and buying them till you're all full, then give your family the rest.

Solved!
parkbenchbook at 4:54AM, Nov. 11, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
But yeah. To sum it all up…I think some people in college have issues with common sense. I know that there are people like that everywhere, but the “how do I get downstairs?” troubles me the most.

I work in an academic library too and that list is great. I'll add that once when the power went out, someone called and asked me when it would be back on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Niccea at 7:19AM, Nov. 11, 2009
(offline)
parkbenchbook
Niccea
But yeah. To sum it all up…I think some people in college have issues with common sense. I know that there are people like that everywhere, but the “how do I get downstairs?” troubles me the most.

I work in an academic library too and that list is great. I'll add that once when the power went out, someone called and asked me when it would be back on.

I got asked when the internet was going to come back on. Some construction had cut the fiber optic line that fed right into the school. If we were on campus, we could only use the intranet (school's website) and if we were off campus, we couldn't get onto the school's hosted pages. Thus started the “internet riot.” People were insane. Teachers were desperate. Everyone hopelessly stuck next to the computer waiting for it to come back on. The drought lasted about four days. Those were very sad times.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Aurora Borealis at 8:51AM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
One of the cities over here was witout internet for a while few years ago.

Why? cause some guy cut the fiberoptic thinking it'd be a copper wire he could sell. So not only did he not get any copper, but also ruined a line that cost couple of thousands (pricey stuff, fiberoptics).

I don't remember how long it took them to fix it, at least couple of days.

nanowrimo going strong, I'm on about 29,900. so with the next scene I'll hit 30k :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Lonnehart at 12:16PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
Aurora Borealis
One of the cities over here was witout internet for a while few years ago.

Why? cause some guy cut the fiberoptic thinking it'd be a copper wire he could sell. So not only did he not get any copper, but also ruined a line that cost couple of thousands (pricey stuff, fiberoptics).

I don't remember how long it took them to fix it, at least couple of days.

nanowrimo going strong, I'm on about 29,900. so with the next scene I'll hit 30k :D

Wow… we get this a lot, except that we have people actually cutting LIVE power lines!!! Even better… we had people who broke into a local school, took apart several expensive air conditioners just to remove the copper fittings. O_O

Woke up from a very bad nightmare. In the dream I found myself trapped in the 1940s. Kinda a “reverse Rip Van Winkle” where I woke up in the late 1940s! Now I can remember a time when I didn't have video games or the internet, but this was just horrible. With my remaining lifespan I wouldn't be able to play my XB360 anymore; I'd be dead before it was even invented. x_x
seventy2 at 12:48PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
oh joy, the wife is playing non stop Aeion again. wow. who would have guest it? never saw that coming. oh, and i just spent 3 hours cleaning up hte house by myself.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Croi Dhubh at 1:14PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(offline)
Modern Warfare 2 is fun thus far. The “airport sequence” left me speechless, especially after learning I didn't have to take part… Fun game, but lag is a bitch…fuck you QWest DSL…fuck you
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
lastcall at 4:51PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
lastcall
It's my birthday tomorrow! Huzzah!
Happy Birthday Rebecca! For tomorrow!

My name is Rebecca? Awesome! lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Ozoneocean at 4:57PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
lastcall
ozoneocean
lastcall
It's my birthday tomorrow! Huzzah!
Happy Birthday Rebecca! For tomorrow!

My name is Rebecca? Awesome! lol!
Wait… it's not?
lol!

Well smurf!

OK, I have a better idea: Happy Birthday Smurfette :)
PIT_FACE at 6:09PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
yes, happy birthday! and by the way, OZ, ya mother smurfer, ya get my pqs over the last few days? i sent two out.

edit: for some reason i've got the word "tuccus' in my head (took-us) y'know like butt?. i'd really like to use it tonight…the word that is.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 6:29PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(offline)
Why is my name still the biggest one. Post more often dammit.
i will also like to know you the more
PIT_FACE at 6:37PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
Atom Apple

quit overachieving,cooter.

7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 6:50PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(offline)
PIT_FACE
Atom Apple

I want my posts to go away. The glamorous life of a high post count nerd isn't what you'd expect it to be. Sure I get tons of money and women and everyone I pass on the street recognizes me, but the paparazzi is everywhere and I keep winning “worst beach body”. I don't even go to the beach.
PIT_FACE at 6:58PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
Atom Apple
PIT_FACE
Atom Apple

I want my posts to go away. The glamorous life of a high post count nerd isn't what you'd expect it to be. Sure I get tons of money and women and everyone I pass on the street recognizes me, but the paparazzi is everywhere and I keep winning “worst beach body”. I don't even go to the beach.

haha, i was just about to say those exact things about you, minus the “beach boy” thing. and that is what made your post so great. i concede. be glorius,friend.

Aurora Borealis at 7:05PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Wow… we get this a lot, except that we have people actually cutting LIVE power lines!!! Even better… we had people who broke into a local school, took apart several expensive air conditioners just to remove the copper fittings. O_O

Ok, I don't think we had that in here, at least not in my area. We did have a moron who decided to climb up and wave to others from the top. Well, he did not get to the power lines as he slipped and to regain balance he grabbed the umm… lightning guard? (I think that's what it is called)… well, it was a bit after a storm and there was still enough of a charge to fry him a little. The fall did the rest. There were flowers and candles in that spot for several years after that.

- - - -

NaNo count… 33364 words as of this moment. Taking a break and going for a nap, going to continue tomorrow.

Writing extended “one against many” combat scenes is fun :D

7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 7:10PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(offline)
Aurora Borealis
Writing extended “one against many” combat scenes is fun :D

Threat = 1/N, where N = number of Ninjas
Lonnehart at 9:20PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
Aurora Borealis
Ok, I don't think we had that in here, at least not in my area. We did have a moron who decided to climb up and wave to others from the top. Well, he did not get to the power lines as he slipped and to regain balance he grabbed the umm… lightning guard? (I think that's what it is called)… well, it was a bit after a storm and there was still enough of a charge to fry him a little. The fall did the rest. There were flowers and candles in that spot for several years after that.

I'm sure you have them too. They don't get reported on so often because cutting power lines there doesn't put the entire community in the dark like it does over here.

Ugh… my computer is acting weird. If I'm playing a game or something it does something that similar to “alt-tabbing” out of a program back to the desktop. If it's a virus that can hide from AVG I'll just have to reformat again, which will probably take me off the net for a couple of days. :(
Ozoneocean at 9:31PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
PIT_FACE
and by the way, OZ, ya mother smurfer, ya get my pqs over the last few days? i sent two out.
Not a one! :(

I'll PQ you and see if you can reply ok?
Lonnehart
Ugh… my computer is acting weird. If I'm playing a game or something it does something that similar to “alt-tabbing” out of a program back to the desktop.
Generally I find the chief problem there IS the anti Virus program.

What's your os BTW? XP Vista? What?
XanderXeroFiasco at 10:09PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
im just sick aqnd tired of being ranked 1,100 out of 1,511 in drunk duck. i gotta get my signature area set up.. learn html instead of drawing and coloring and inking.dammit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
Lonnehart at 10:36PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
PIT_FACE
and by the way, OZ, ya mother smurfer, ya get my pqs over the last few days? i sent two out.
Not a one! :(

I'll PQ you and see if you can reply ok?
Lonnehart
Ugh… my computer is acting weird. If I'm playing a game or something it does something that similar to “alt-tabbing” out of a program back to the desktop.
Generally I find the chief problem there IS the anti Virus program.

What's your os BTW? XP Vista? What?

That would be XP. It only started doing this last night and I know I didn't install anything nor did I visit any wierd sites that I don't know of. I wonder if something installed itself when I wasn't looking though… for the past few months AVG has been filtering out programs with this “generic” virus in it. Lost my Diablo 2 installation to it.

Currenlty doing a full scan with AVG. If it finds nothing I may just reformat. The only guaranteed way I know of to get rid of a virus… unless it somehow copied itself into my CMOS or BIOS memory…
Ozoneocean at 10:48PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
CMOS or BIOS memory…
I don't think viruses really do that anymore, so not much fear of that.

I'd still suspect AVG itself. Antivirus programs tend to get in the way of operating processes. All it take is some corruption in the Anti Virus program or a bad update and suddenly it's causing no end of unexplained havoc. -_-

I've had that with Norton, and at work we had a BEAST of a time with Bit Defender on my machine- it suddenly started smurfing all the memory and killing off my e-mail programs as well as other things. POS >:}
Lonnehart at 12:45AM, Nov. 12, 2009
(online)
Come to think of it, I just updated AVG a few days ago to version 9. That could be it…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon