Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
PIT_FACE at 10:36AM, Nov. 17, 2009
(online)
i need to start excersizing again, i'm starting to get a body like that of Olive Oil from popeye.i dont think i could discipline myself to train on my own though. I used to be in kick boxing a few towns over about 4 or 5 years ago and it was heavy, but i got really good at it. it felt nice to be sore the next day cuz you just felt so proud of yourself. the sensei was Ninoos, an Iranian man who'd made quite a reputation for himself and i was one of the few girls in class which was cool becuase after i was in it for a while, he had me help train any new girls that mgiht come in to check class out. i built up pretty well and was really happy with myself. now i feel so depleated. well ill have to get back into shape for my fire fighter training. it's going to be heavy and im looking forward to it, but i cant get back to the dojo anymore. im thinking about maby signing up for some classes at the ymca, but i dont know if i've got the time right now between classes and comics. it's still gonna be a year before i can take my training, but i just wanna get at it, you know? ill try starting by eating better anyways. im not a picky eater and i used to eat real well as a kid, so that hasnt been hard. blah blah blah, it's just…anyone here can probably relate, when you've been at a point in yer life where you were really in shape and then you let yourself go for so long, you can feel it. you can really feel it. i need to fuckin move.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Hakoshen at 11:16AM, Nov. 17, 2009
(offline)
PIT_FACE
i need to start excersizing again, i'm starting to get a body like that of Olive Oil from popeye.i dont think i could discipline myself to train on my own though. I used to be in kick boxing a few towns over about 4 or 5 years ago and it was heavy, but i got really good at it. it felt nice to be sore the next day cuz you just felt so proud of yourself. the sensei was Ninoos, an Iranian man who'd made quite a reputation for himself and i was one of the few girls in class which was cool becuase after i was in it for a while, he had me help train any new girls that mgiht come in to check class out. i built up pretty well and was really happy with myself. now i feel so depleated. well ill have to get back into shape for my fire fighter training. it's going to be heavy and im looking forward to it, but i cant get back to the dojo anymore. im thinking about maby signing up for some classes at the ymca, but i dont know if i've got the time right now between classes and comics. it's still gonna be a year before i can take my training, but i just wanna get at it, you know? ill try starting by eating better anyways. im not a picky eater and i used to eat real well as a kid, so that hasnt been hard. blah blah blah, it's just…anyone here can probably relate, when you've been at a point in yer life where you were really in shape and then you let yourself go for so long, you can feel it. you can really feel it. i need to fuckin move.

I've recently gotten into a style called Juko-Kai Ryu which is a jiujutsu offshoot. It feels really good to be practicing martial arts again despite how many fundamental differences there are between this and karate. HOWEVER, last night was the first night I've practiced throws in four years, and shihan made me the uke. Now I can hardly sit down from being thrown so many different ways and everything hurts.

On a plus side, my new computer showed up and I can get back into PC gaming. Assuming I have TIME to, what with all the games coming out this season, and all the overtime I'm trying not to take…
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Aurora Borealis at 12:06PM, Nov. 17, 2009
(online)
60 thousand words reached, story still continuing.

Meanwhile I have sold 3 copies of my comic, yay me. One more and I'll have covered the cost of my proof copy :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
PIT_FACE at 1:32PM, Nov. 17, 2009
(online)
oh cool Hakoshen!whatever's different about it than judo, it obviously still beats the shit outa ya!haha! ya get up the next day and people think ya sat on something ya shouldnt have cuz yer lower body wont bend. Judo can really have a way of showing you how much strength you have when properly used, compared to what you thought ya had before. really interesting stuff, completely different relm of fighting that most of the standing styles too.

always wanted to get a taste of Kung Fu. there was a place in the last town i lived in. i checked it out a few times and i ran out of money and time to go,but the teacherwas really amazing. it was going to take a REALLY long time to get accustomed to it to. but it'd be very cool to learn. i hope i get another chance some day when i can commit myself to it.

Aurora- congratz man! gettin a hand cramp yet? :D

patrickdevine at 2:59PM, Nov. 17, 2009
(online)
I used to have an awesome Judo instructor– he was this tough old guy. He was old enough to be my granddad but he looked like he could kick anyone's ass, not that he would because he was a nice guy. Not to mention his name was Charlie Brown, which I got a kick out of!
Judo is really cool just to see stuff like a 5'3“ 115 lb shrimp toss a 6'3” 300 lb bruiser.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
PIT_FACE at 4:24PM, Nov. 17, 2009
(online)
patrickdevine
I used to have an awesome Judo instructor– he was this tough old guy. He was old enough to be my granddad but he looked like he could kick anyone's ass, not that he would because he was a nice guy. Not to mention his name was Charlie Brown, which I got a kick out of!
Judo is really cool just to see stuff like a 5'3“ 115 lb shrimp toss a 6'3” 300 lb bruiser.

haha! i know whatcha mean man. it seems the older they get, the more capable they are of just leveling you.

kyupol at 5:33PM, Nov. 17, 2009
(online)
Any martial art is good.

As long as at the end of the lesson, you either end up:
a) with a few (or alot of) bruises
b) with every muscle in your body sore that you just wanna lie down and sleep
c) both a and b.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
PIT_FACE at 5:43PM, Nov. 17, 2009
(online)
haha, and yer able to return the favor!

Ozoneocean at 3:23AM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
kyupol
Any martial art is good.

c) both a and b.
Sounds like rough sex or S&M.
Sure you're not getting them confused? :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Skullbie at 3:39AM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
Oh wow @o@ Shipwrecks of ythaq is amazing, it's like skydoll with the crazy imaginative backgrounds but with better characters.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
seventy2 at 10:02AM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
:o
kyupol is right. and tonight is fight night. so it's awesome.
—————-

i'm tired, and just wanna take a nap. and still waiting on word of my license.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Niccea at 1:16PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(offline)
Holy crap. Today was the scariest day of my life. I was with the dementia support group today. I was actually with their caregivers talking about their spouses/parents
when the electricity began to flicker. We thought nothing of it because there was construction going on down stairs…

Then the fire alarm went off. Mind you, we had at least 10 senior citizens, half with dementia, and a few that couldn't walk without aid. And we were of the seventh floor of the building

…that was on fire

The electricity was flickering in the stair well and finally went out. We had to use our cell phones to see where we were going and guide the elderly. We would have been dead if the fire wasn't on the other side of the building. It took us five minutes to get to the fifth floor.

Someone called the DPS to tell them that we had people trapped in the stairwell
the police officer found us there. He was mad that it didn't look like we were hurrying down.But we each were guiding down a senior citizen.

I was one of the first ones down cause I was aiding a more able person. But one of my teachers had to get an evacuation chair. It was maybe another five minutes before the rest of the group joined us. By then there was smoke coming from the ventilation, stairwell, and lobby.

The building will be OK if a little smokey. And classes in the building have been canceled…

The real kicker was that some teachers and students had left their valuables upstairs cause they thought it was another drill. I, fortunately, only had my car keys to begin with.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
kyupol at 1:38PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
kyupol
Any martial art is good.

c) both a and b.
Sounds like rough sex or S&M.
Sure you're not getting them confused? :)

I think I've read somewhere (some psychology magazine I couldn't remember…) that its the same part of your brain that gets stimulated whether its fighting or sex.

Maybe that explains why people get turned on with things like BDSM.

Maybe that explains why sex and violence always sells.

As for martial arts, the real reason for learning it is to learn how to fight… or at the bare minimum, learn how to be tough. Look at those hockey players. Their fighting style has no form whatsoever (multiple haymakers and walking right into a punch face first) but I bet they can clean the clock of any blackbelt who graduated from a Mcdojo.

Hakoshen at 2:12PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(offline)
The whole while I watch fox news, and isa only because I'm ithe lobby of a doctor' officeng on paperwork, I hear and see little more but hate and fear mongering, with a small, quiet ticker ofgenuine, unbiased news along the bottom.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 3:43PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(offline)
Well. Because of the fire in my previous post, I will have a few days out of school. ^.^ My teachers aren't going to bother finding a different room, so we have the next two days off.
Ozoneocean at 3:48PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Well. Because of the fire in my previous post, I will have a few days out of school. ^.^ My teachers aren't going to bother finding a different room, so we have the next two days off.
Lucky!
That fire sounded freaky. But lucky you had your phones! They're so amazingly useful ^^
seventy2 at 4:36PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
i was dancing around, all excited about fight night….when i remembered that tonight is the first night of week 5. and then i got all anxious. my pushup program doesn't really get intense until week 5….so i decided this week would be done easy, by taking the middle of the road….i'm glad i did, because i'm worn out even now…who ever i fight tonight is gonna get it easy with the fists….TOO BAD IT'S TAEKWONDO…suckers.
facara
kyupol at 7:15PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
Sometimes I wanna just take a break from it all and just swallow the blue pill and not think of the disaster of a world we currently live in. No need for a big disaster on 12-21-2012 like what that movie portrayed… cuz really everything is a disaster. No need to go to hell (in the Christian sense of it).

You wanna see hell? Go to North Korea or something. And as government expands more and as more freedom gets taken away… that IS the pits of hell splitting wide open right there. That's the pits of hell splitting wide open right there and taking in the world with it.

Cuz thinking of stuff like that can take its toll on your psyche. If your mind isn't strong enough, you'd just wanna:
- pretend it doesnt exist. Like a 1 year old will hide from you by covering his eyes.
- go wear a tinfoil hat and head for the hills and dig a hole and stock it up with gold, guns, ammo, and 10 years supply of food.

HippieVan at 7:59PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
My little sister just found out that
the tooth fairy and the easter bunny aren't real. She still believes in Santa though.
But she thinks I still believe in them, so she told my dad she wants to keep it a secret for me. She's such a great kid sometimes…I'm sure when I found that out, there was a lot more yelling/crying involved.

I'm “artist of the month” at my school for november. I'd be happy but so far they've been kinda giving it to retarded kids to make them feel better.

I had another allergic reaction the other night…I was throwing up too much to keep down any antihistamines so I had to go to the hospital and get hooked up to an iv…and geez, those things are not very comfortable. I was there until like 3am too. Blargh. At least you don't have to wait at all when you go to the ER with an allergic reaction.

Aaaand I'm pretty sure I've lost another friend. Yeesh. It appears I've got a talent for that.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Niccea at 8:23PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(offline)
My brother asked me quite frankly recently if mom and dad were Santa. I told him that yes, but if he still believed in Santa, he could get more presents.
Lonnehart at 9:52PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
I was just at the grocery store minding my own business (and buying stuff for tonight's dinner). I overheard some shouting with an Aussie accent. Turns out this guy was angry that there was no Vegemite on the shelves. The store helpers were working on calming him down. Jeez… Just because we a couple thousand miles NORTH of Australia doesn't mean we actually have the stuff in our stores. Then again it's either the heat or he's got issues and just wants to be a jerk or something…

Also saw a kid with his mother in the frozen section. The kid was complaining that it was cold. I turned to him and told him “It's not cold!”. The kid looked at me as if he almost believed me. Then I suddenly clutched myself, shivered and said “It's FREEEEEEZING!!!”. His mother turned to me and told me I was cruel. In reality I was just being brutally honest. O_O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
elektro at 9:56PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(offline)
According to my clock, it is now 12:00 am Central Time on November 19th, 2009. Today, I have turned 23 years old. What sucks though is that my dad is in the hospital until later today.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
humorman at 1:39AM, Nov. 19, 2009
(offline)
Lonnehart
I was just at the grocery store minding my own business (and buying stuff for tonight's dinner). I overheard some shouting with an Aussie accent. Turns out this guy was angry that there was no Vegemite on the shelves. The store helpers were working on calming him down. Jeez… Just because we a couple thousand miles NORTH of Australia doesn't mean we actually have the stuff in our stores. Then again it's either the heat or he's got issues and just wants to be a jerk or something…

I just learned that Australians eat iSnack 2.0. Such a stupid name for a stupid product.

Lonnehart
Also saw a kid with his mother in the frozen section. The kid was complaining that it was cold. I turned to him and told him “It's not cold!”. The kid looked at me as if he almost believed me. Then I suddenly clutched myself, shivered and said “It's FREEEEEEZING!!!”. His mother turned to me and told me I was cruel. In reality I was just being brutally honest. O_O

Sometimes cruelty is the best medicine for children.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
skoolmunkee at 1:46AM, Nov. 19, 2009
(offline)
But at least he gets out of the hospital. :] Sounds like good news to me.

I've got a lot of work to do today. :[ Most of it is little things though, so maybe I can just knock them all out quickly and then have a nice long list of ‘finished’ stuff?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Aurora Borealis at 2:32AM, Nov. 19, 2009
(online)
I'm sad cause I ran out of Strangers in Paradise.

It's kinda funny, someone spends 14 or 15 years to make it and then you read it all in one week.

My nanowrimo has crossed the 66,600 words range and I'm hoping to get close (or beyond) 70k today. :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
seventy2 at 5:04AM, Nov. 19, 2009
(online)
Aurora Borealis
I'm sad cause I ran out of Strangers in Paradise.

It's kinda funny, someone spends 14 or 15 years to make it and then you read it all in one week.

that's how i feel. a lot of times i'll do this with webcomics or manga.
———————

Some dude kicked me in the back of the knee last night. for about 2 seconds everything was in slow mo, as i thought that my knee was going to be broken…but luckily, my foot was able to slide, and i could turn with it.

if i had been wearing shoes, things would have turned out differently.
facara
Ozoneocean at 6:03AM, Nov. 19, 2009
(online)
Ow, my head is aching from wearing this massive hat.

I got my hussar jackets, but the pelisse was missing the fur trim from the front and the base, as well as the cords so you can hang it around your neck. I made the neck cord myself out of one of the cords in the aiguillette I put on my hat and there's temporary fur trim on the front for the photo, but I've asked Sutlers UK to send me some so I can get the damn thing properly finished >:|
bravo1102 at 7:04AM, Nov. 19, 2009
(offline)
Incredible how much you look like the character I drew two weeks ago for my Hussar comic. But then I was going from the picture of you in the colback. :)

I've been experimenting with all my pens, markers and such to see how I'm going to do this.

And finally clearing off my workbench after an absolute nightmare finishing up some models. Now I have to print up new markings. Grrr. And nearly ruined the paint schemes. Yuck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ozoneocean at 7:54AM, Nov. 19, 2009
(online)
That looks way better than I do in the get-up. I'll have to make myself a pair of overalls like that, and I should've remembered to pose with my bugle!

These jackets look good with jeans :)
Lonnehart at 10:08AM, Nov. 19, 2009
(online)
Yikes! That hat looks very heavy! I wonder how those British palace guards manage to stand all day long wearing those. O_O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon