Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
patrickdevine at 11:21AM, Nov. 19, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Ow, my head is aching from wearing this massive hat.

I got my hussar jackets, but the pelisse was missing the fur trim from the front and the base, as well as the cords so you can hang it around your neck. I made the neck cord myself out of one of the cords in the aiguillette I put on my hat and there's temporary fur trim on the front for the photo, but I've asked Sutlers UK to send me some so I can get the damn thing properly finished >:|
Do you go about your day to day life wearing that? Stuff like going to work, buying groceries and stuff. If not, why not?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Ozoneocean at 4:06PM, Nov. 19, 2009
(online)
Gimme a chance, I've only had it one day!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
lba at 6:00PM, Nov. 19, 2009
(online)
Urgh.

I hate end of term. My prof's have given us our assignments for after break, and naturally half the work is due before the break. Of course, the projects wouldn't even be so bad if it weren't for the fact that somehow I went from making one promo piece to finish the assignment, to 4 in the space of the 5 minute sketch critique for my illustration class. And this is on top of the illustrated map I already have to finish.

On the other hand though, this map is one of my favorite things I've illustrated in my career so far. My prof should have never let me choose the entire concept. She's getting a map of the cities Godzilla has destroyed throughout his career.

Despite my grumping, I really do take a lot of pleasure in all this. I think I might just be one of those odd good-naturedly grumpy sorts of people or something.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
patrickdevine at 11:16PM, Nov. 19, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Gimme a chance, I've only had it one day!
I guess I'll interpret that as “not yet, but soon!”
gullas at 1:16AM, Nov. 20, 2009
(offline)
lba
Urgh.

I hate end of term. My prof's have given us our assignments for after break, and naturally half the work is due before the break. Of course, the projects wouldn't even be so bad if it weren't for the fact that somehow I went from making one promo piece to finish the assignment, to 4 in the space of the 5 minute sketch critique for my illustration class. And this is on top of the illustrated map I already have to finish.

On the other hand though, this map is one of my favorite things I've illustrated in my career so far. My prof should have never let me choose the entire concept. She's getting a map of the cities Godzilla has destroyed throughout his career.

Despite my grumping, I really do take a lot of pleasure in all this. I think I might just be one of those odd good-naturedly grumpy sorts of people or something.
:O seriously, you have to post it here when it's finished ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
skoolmunkee at 1:47PM, Nov. 20, 2009
(offline)
I just heard a rumor Oz likes to spank bad DDers
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
lba at 2:23PM, Nov. 20, 2009
(online)
I'm pretty sure that's not a rumor. That's more like a fact or something.

I heard he smacked Custard so hard on the bottom that he couldn't sit down to type any more.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
kyupol at 6:57PM, Nov. 20, 2009
(online)
On a human level, the reaction to the police is anger and hate. How could you not be angry after seeing them taser weak, defenceless people, pull people over for no reason, behave like arrogant thugs, etc.

On a deeper level though, it is pity and sorrow. You have to feel sorry for these poor brainwashed attack dogs of the system. Because their souls are heavily damaged. Because in this life, they'd never experience what its like to be human. Pray for them. May they repent and see the light. The reason they treat people badly is because deep inside, they have a wounded soul and they do not know what to do. The system they serve has damaged their soul. Their chakra system is very imbalanced.

If you do not believe in the soul or in any form of spirituality, just pay attention to the way they behave. They behave like robots. Their minds operate in separation consciousness. The effects of their scientific brainwashing is evident. The chemical imbalance in their brain produced by this type of scientific brainwashing is evident. They are victims too.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
PIT_FACE at 7:42PM, Nov. 20, 2009
(online)
i wish people werent so concerned with getting their webcomics “out quick” over actually learning how to do this shit. you know, maby not everyone's cut out for this after all. im so sick of hearing the bitching. we still need factory workers, go do that instead.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Lonnehart at 9:38PM, Nov. 20, 2009
(online)
Was watching TimeWarp on the Discovery Channel (Australian version… I guess the Aussie version of The Discovery Channel is cheaper to get than the one on the mainland). It's amazing how the fingers of heavy metal guitarists from Metallica move in slow motion. Must've taken a lot of practice to move with such dexterity… O_O

Had one of the weirdest dreams while I slept in the early afternoon. Dreamt that my XB360 had a FULL RING OF DEATH. Except that it was beeping… and the TV screen had a countdown sequence to “self destruct”… Now I suspiciously look at my console when I turn it on…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Ozoneocean at 9:40PM, Nov. 20, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
I just heard a rumor Oz likes to spank bad DDers
lba
I'm pretty sure that's not a rumor. That's more like a fact or something.
lba's dead right.
But not about custard. I wouldn't touch those buttocks with a 3.048 meter pole
PIT_FACE at 6:23AM, Nov. 21, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Had one of the weirdest dreams while I slept in the early afternoon. Dreamt that my XB360 had a FULL RING OF DEATH. Except that it was beeping… and the TV screen had a countdown sequence to “self destruct”… Now I suspiciously look at my console when I turn it on…
haha, a full one as opposed to a half one eh?

had a dream i as i was waking up this morning too, and of corse a stupid dinosaur came out and tried to eat me. i've been getting these outa no where since i was a kid. i've managed to beat just about every other kinda ghoulie in these things except hese stupid t-rexs. i'll be walkin along, mindin my own biz then all of a sudden “RROOAAARRR!!” the thing'll pop up outa no where, chase me, and friggin eat me. though i managed to make it to the bathroom allright in my dream. the whole reason why i had to come outa hiding is cuz i had to pee.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Lonnehart at 12:55PM, Nov. 21, 2009
(online)
PIT_FACE
had a dream i as i was waking up this morning too, and of corse a stupid dinosaur came out and tried to eat me. i've been getting these outa no where since i was a kid.

Wow… recurring nightmares. I've had this one since I was a child… I dream that I'm falling down a cliff, but before I hit the rocks I wake up… or so I think. The moment I do anything (get out of bed, open the fridge, turn on my computer, etc…) I find myself falling down the same cliff onto the same rocks again. This happens to me one after the other… ‘til I really do wake up. At that point I don’t really know if I'm still dreaming or not. It can really mess up your sense of reality.
Aurora Borealis at 1:34PM, Nov. 21, 2009
(online)
patrickdevine
Do you go about your day to day life wearing that? Stuff like going to work, buying groceries and stuff. If not, why not?

That would be something if we suddenly started wearing period clothes. Imagine walking down the street and see a pair in roman togas, then someone in a medieval dress and another person dressed in very Baroque-like clothes :D

- - - - - - -

I HAVE FINISHED MY NANOWRIMO NOVEL :D

77,312 words in 18 days. It's open enough to allow for a sequel, but also can stand by itself (at least I think so) and somehow I ended writing a heroic fantasy slaughterfest with a female lead, full of sci-fi overtones and loosely spinning off of my thoughts on monotheistic vs polytheistic religions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Ironscarf at 4:45PM, Nov. 21, 2009
(offline)
Ozoneocean
about custard. I wouldn't touch those buttocks with a 3.048 meter pole

I've heard of building your part, but that's just ridiculous.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
seventy2 at 5:59PM, Nov. 21, 2009
(online)
I'm trying to find some good AMV's with one of my favorite bands. but no one seems to use their music properly. it's not cool at all.

Oops! i just watched one with spoilers!!

Post Script.

English Bleach has just finished episode 167. it pains me. as it's something to do with the wife. however, starting on episode 168-186, is filler. not just any filler. they stop the current story line, and start another entirely different one in the middle of the rescue of orihime. bastards.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Lonnehart at 10:57PM, Nov. 21, 2009
(online)
ugh.. my “lazy” button seems to be stuck on the “on” position. It won't turn off. The only thing I can think of when I get home is going to sleep… for the next 14 hours… or reading stuff on the internet. I can't even pick up the XB360 controller without falling asleep. I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong…

Come to think of it, whenever I do something interesting I'm overcome with the urge to sleep… like right now. x_x
Skullbie at 7:11AM, Nov. 22, 2009
(online)
Coooold 0_0 I stayed over at my friends house all night playing modern warfare 2 and using those night vision goggles. Oh god that game is beautiful, i could not believe it. Then we played left4dead 2 which i liked more than the first one.

Oh yeah it's cold because i didn't turn my heater on before i left and now i'm like frozen to my chair under a blanket and cat that missed me to death.

Crap i've still got homework
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
patrickdevine at 4:32PM, Nov. 22, 2009
(online)
I had another panic attack today. What the hell is the matter with me?
Bocaj at 8:04PM, Nov. 22, 2009
(online)
I was gone two weeks, now I'm back.
Finished our production of Into the Woods (why I was gone).
I need to catch up on comics here.
I haven't shaved in months I think, and my head is just hair.

What did I miss here?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Lonnehart at 11:07PM, Nov. 22, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
Coooold 0_0 I stayed over at my friends house all night playing modern warfare 2 and using those night vision goggles. Oh god that game is beautiful, i could not believe it. Then we played left4dead 2 which i liked more than the first one.

Oh yeah it's cold because i didn't turn my heater on before i left and now i'm like frozen to my chair under a blanket and cat that missed me to death.

Crap i've still got homework

Now now, young lady. Gotta prioritize. Do all your homework first because it will bite you later if you don't. I actually did most of my homework at school. Then again I was never a social butterfly…

Ugh… it's 90+ ing degrees! My air conditioner isn't helping and I've got it at full power! I guess I should go to the grocery store and hang out in the freezer section; it's always cold there. :)

If only I could trade a few degrees of heat here with anyone who's got a few degrees of coldness to spare…
humorman at 2:00AM, Nov. 23, 2009
(offline)
News! News! I have news!!!

I found this really cool comic online, probably the funniest comic I've found all year. Obviously, it's NOT on this site, but I'll give you guys the link whenever I feel like it.

Also, I have some really disturbing Thanksgiving stories I just came up with. You can read them with your kids!

It's all coming this week!

Merry Merry!

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
seventy2 at 3:13AM, Nov. 23, 2009
(online)
i have really bad gas, and i can't determine what it was i ate….i mean, this is bad.
facara
HippieVan at 6:58AM, Nov. 23, 2009
(online)
My computer is broken. :( I'm trying not to freak out unless I find out that it can't be fixed or that I'm going to lose all my stuff(well, not all of it, I backed it up a few weeks ago). I don't think either of those will happen but I'm not very happy about this.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ozoneocean at 7:05AM, Nov. 23, 2009
(online)
seventy2
i have really bad gas, and i can't determine what it was i ate….i mean, this is bad.
That is always funny. :)
Hope you don't have to get in any confined spaces with anyone else today…
Hippie Van
or that I'm going to lose all my stuff
That shouldn't be a problem… It can be, but computers are pretty good in that respect. You can usually always take the hard drive out and stick it in something else. And if the stuff really is gone from the hard drive there are programs that can reconstruct it for you.
skoolmunkee at 10:54AM, Nov. 23, 2009
(offline)
I had to spend an hour and a half trying to make my docking monitor do what it used to do, all because I had the audacity to hook the laptop up to a projector at work today. Apparently Windows xp thinks it's fun to screw everything up when you do that. And to put it back you have to change the options on different screens in a certain order before hitting apply, or else it just doesn't do anything.

now I'm starving, I wanted to eat 2 hours ago. >:[
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
dueeast at 12:00PM, Nov. 23, 2009
(offline)
I told y'all last time that I'm out of work. On the one hand, it's more of a pain than ever to be unemployed. On the other hand, since when did the State Workforce Commission actually become useful?? I'm impressed!

At least I'm in Austin, where there are jobs! I'm applying like crazy, after trimming my resume once again (although I have yet to find a practical and cool-looking way to take 14 years of work history and put it on one page of paper yet)…

Whew! Thanks for listen – er, reading! lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Legend Comics at 7:28PM, Nov. 23, 2009
(online)
dueeast
I told y'all last time that I'm out of work. On the one hand, it's more of a pain than ever to be unemployed. On the other hand, since when did the State Workforce Commission actually become useful?? I'm impressed!

At least I'm in Austin, where there are jobs! I'm applying like crazy, after trimming my resume once again (although I have yet to find a practical and cool-looking way to take 14 years of work history and put it on one page of paper yet)…

Whew! Thanks for listen – er, reading! lol!

New here. Just checking out the landscape. I'm changing careers too, finally. I hear ya. I've cut my resume to two pages but how can one make it any smaller? My resume hasn't been one page since I was in my mid-twenties. Ugh, I'm old all of a sudden! Wish someone had pointed that out to me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
seventy2 at 3:22AM, Nov. 24, 2009
(online)
man, i feel like i slept on a huge flying battle ship that was unstable all night…

the gas died away halfway thru yesterday. i drank tea last night, and the gas is back. this is bad….i love tea….
facara
Lonnehart at 3:29AM, Nov. 24, 2009
(online)
It'd be real funny if the “Huge Flying Battleship” jokes became the next internet meme.

And sorry you didn't get enough sleep last night. Engine number 10 got flooded with an ocean of liquid ozone so power output was pretty random at best.

Oh… and a skoolmunkee was playing around with the steering controls again.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon