Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013/2014
bravo1102 at 12:56PM, May 30, 2014
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
“You can burn in the Nether”.
Or maybe not. I'll end up weirding people out that way. X_X
People will think you're telling them to burn in your genitalia as in “nether regions” referring to the crotch. I recommned getting some Gold Medal powder. It relieves that burning in the nether regions.

Most of the space ship effects in Twilight Zone were directly lifted from the movieForbidden Planet. They also reused the costumes and props including Robby the Robot. It wasn't effects driven but writing and acting driven. Even the supposedly huge technical time machine in No Time like the Past was done minimally with a few controls as opposed to the banks upon banks of instruments used in Outer Limits.
Ozoneocean at 4:21AM, May 31, 2014
(online)
Less than 4 hours away now for the Live phone in show on Quackcast 170!

For Quackcast 170 we're doing a live phone in thing where we take questions from people!
I don't know who wants to be in on this but it'd be lovely if you were able to skype call in to Banes and I as we record on Saturday the 31st! At 11am New York time.
That's 11am in the Easten Timezone in the US.
And that's also 3pm GMT (or 15:00 GMT)

My skype name is Ozoneocean. Add me.

If you can't do that shoot me a message at that time on Twitter or G+
https://twitter.com/Ozoneocean
https://plus.google.com/+OzoneoceanMJM/
Ozoneocean at 9:52AM, May 31, 2014
(online)
And that's the Quackcast phone in ep all done.
Skullbie at 3:24PM, May 31, 2014
(online)
That japanese store hasn't gotten back to me about the unprocessed payment. Jeez, this wasnt a cheap item figure sent to me, either. Can this effect my credit…?
Ozoneocean at 1:09PM, June 1, 2014
(online)
I couldn't imagine that would affect your credit rating or whatever. They sound like an arsepain to deal with.

I was watching a semi-interesting documentry on Youtube yesterday about the history of swords. It wasn't too bad, appart from all the silly generalisations and the same innaccuracies everyone always makes: calling every Euopean sword a “broadsword”; saying swords in the medival period all looked like this or that, as if there was ever any time when there was only one type of sword used by everyone in every country at the same time… outside of Jappan…

And THAT was the big problem with the show and almost all shows on swords; They're prepared to be scientific and hostorical (to a fault) with the stuff from everywhere else but when it comes to Jappan al that goes out the window and it turns into a stupid mythalogical fantasy-
“Oh the metal is folded over and over, oh they're so amazingly fantastic, oh the blacksmith abstains from sex for a week, oh the steel talks to us…”
NO. Shut the fuck up. Katanas are exactly the same as any other sword, no better or worse, ditch the fucking exoticisim, it's embarrasing.
They use medieval techiques for working with terrible quality steel to try and make a good sword- Stuff which was surpassed hundreds of years ago when people learned how to mine better.

The worst part was when they interviewed this kendo master and he kept on going on that what makes a good kendo swordsman is “someone with a good heart”, which he repeated that about 8 times in a mystical, magical priestly type tone.
Probably been hit on the head with one of those stupid kendo swords too often.

More and more I find that adding layers of mysticisim to things prevents us understanding them properly.

Like I would say that coming up with good graphic design is an “art”; not because it IS but because I don't understand how I do it because I'm not clever enough.
So if anyone says “you need a true heart”, or “the materials speak to me”, or “It's instinct” about anything it means what they're telling you is useless. They might have expert skill but they don't understand what they're doing or why they do it well enough to be able to communcate it.
last edited on June 1, 2014 1:24PM
Lonnehart at 2:22PM, June 1, 2014
(online)
Two famous restaurants will be opening here soon. Applebee's, then ihop…. er… International House of Pancakes, not some electronic device that lets you make short jumps.

Now just one question….

Why isn't STARBUCKS opening here yet?!? T_T
Skullbie at 7:10PM, June 1, 2014
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
Two famous restaurants will be opening here soon. Applebee's, then ihop…. er… International House of Pancakes, not some electronic device that lets you make short jumps.

Now just one question….

Why isn't STARBUCKS opening here yet?!? T_T
I was excited about ihop when it first came to my town, ended up being hella gross, like eating textured styrofoam… dennys waffle edition. Go to applebees if you want the runs.
But starbucks is the best. I can get my sugery chocolatly fix and look mature doing it. ADULT MILKSHAAAAAKES
Ozoneocean at 9:41PM, June 1, 2014
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:

ihop…. er… International House of Pancakes
OMFG!
I always wondered what “ihop” was about. I thought it was some sort of retro dancehall or something. I'm not joking.
It sounds like a rockabilly themed place people go to dance… men with that pompador greesed up hair and silly sideburns and women with overstyled hair, bobbysocks, polkadot dresses and lots of peticoats etc.

Americans ahd their abrebiations… -_-
Ozoneocean at 3:59AM, June 2, 2014
(online)
Bottomless Waitress! I finally finished the damn page:
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Bottomless_Waitress/5459644/
Do you think pankkake will catch on? This was invented by Banes, he's quite a dark horse.
Lonnehart at 4:08AM, June 2, 2014
(online)
Finally finished downloading Battlefield 3. Origin/EA was (and probably still is) offering the standard edition for free, so I took that offer. And I can apparenlty download it to my PC any time I want (at least until those EA servers shut down… nothing lasts forever).
I can see it now… I'm probably gonna wanna buy Battlefield 4 as the single player campaign for 3 looks interesting enough…
bravo1102 at 5:37AM, June 2, 2014
(offline)
Ihop happens to be the wife and I's fav resturant around here. They have great burgers and of course pancakes. The real rube redneck place with bighair is Wafflehouse. How you can make waffles that greasy is a true talent. Oh yeah biscuits and gravy with a side of homemade grits and a slab of Virginia ham.

But I want a bagel!!!!

IHop coffee is better than anything in Starbucks. Starbucks is wussy poser trendoid coffee. That's why it's so overpriced and even the ones in Hawai'i didn't have Kona coffee or even decent Brasilian roast. Brown dishwater with a lot of froth and foam to hide the crappy taste.

But then I like tanker juice. Coffee out an urn that hasn't been cleaned since Patton and coffee so black and thick the stirrer sticks up straight.
Lonnehart at 3:30PM, June 2, 2014
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
IHop coffee is better than anything in Starbucks. Starbucks is wussy poser trendoid coffee. That's why it's so overpriced and even the ones in Hawai'i didn't have Kona coffee or even decent Brasilian roast. Brown dishwater with a lot of froth and foam to hide the crappy taste..
That's true, but Starbucks is better than the percolator coffee I end up drinking. And you can buy it and take it out. Not sure if IHop will let you do that…
Ozoneocean at 7:55PM, June 2, 2014
(online)
That's one thing I really noticed about the US- icky percolater coffee everywhere.
No wonder people like Starbucks, it's one of the few places that seem to make normal coffee… But I only used it for internet though. The best coffee I had was in New Orleans at Hyena Hell's coffee shop Zotz.
HippieVan at 8:05PM, June 2, 2014
(online)
@bravo: you must not have the real bohemian coffee places where you are if you think Starbucks is poser coffee! I have one near my university back home that says “no wifi - talk to your neighbour.” That makes me roll my eyes every time. Anyways, I always see those places with all the complicated coffee beans as being more insincere than Starbucks. Which I personally like because I need caffeine but don't like the taste of coffee very much. Also it's about 100x better than Tim Horton's, which everyone is inexplicably crazy about in Canada.

Tomorrow is my last full day here. As happy as I am to see my family and pets and so on, I'm a bit upset to have to leave. Both the city and my tiny apartment feel like home already. Obviously the upside to feeling like this is that this has been a successful experiment. I feel like if I decide to go away for grad school (or whatever else), I have the necessary confidence in myself to do that now.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
kawaiidaigakusei at 10:16PM, June 2, 2014
(online)
I had a dream/nightmare yesterday afternoon where I was walking around an outdoor garden party venue and old male classmates from kindergarten leading up to college were pulling out engagement rings and proposing to their current girlfriends. Suddenly I imagined my facebook newsfeed filling up with notifications of engagements and weddings. The real kicker was that near the end of the dream, two guys from my high school (both that I know are straight, one is married) ended up engaged and immediately held their wedding at the same venue complete with a room full of elderly grandparent types.

And so begins the relationship (more like, lack of a relationship) panic attacks of my late-twenties. It is true that news of my old classmates or coworkers getting married has been growing in recent years and people tend to pair up as if they are trying to board Noah's Ark and finding opposite gender versions of themselves and procreating. In fact, the latest wave of marriages from this weekend alone were reminders that I need to get started on that whole marriage thing.

And now I am reminded of my favorite Shel Silverstein book from childhood, “The Missing Piece”, a story about a commitment-phobic shape who spends its life searching for the one missing shape that could makes it whole again. In the story, the shape learns that the missing piece was not the answer to its problems and that it was better off alone so that it could smell the flowers and notice the little things. When I read that story now, I feel like I am that shape and that searching for a person to complete “me” may not be the answer to everything. It is true, I do not want to be the last person in my group of friends to get hitched, but I am reminded of middle school when my main goal was to get a boyfriend, then after finally having a boyfriend, I was met with the reality that it did not solve all my problems and that I would have been better off spending more time studying for classes.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Lonnehart at 1:33AM, June 3, 2014
(online)
Dreams can be messed up sometimes.

Most of my dreams and the situations I found myself in long ago are a reminder to me that I WILL be alone… which is partly the reason I chose my current username. I also don't like the idea of being the only one of my group of classmates to be single even in the endgame, but life is like a game of poker. You take the hand you get and deal with it…

ow… had my tetanus shot earlier… and only now is my left arm going sore. x_X

Oh… and an old song from the old movie “Short Circuit”. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA9WhYnsD_4

And another old so… WOW! I always thought it was a woman who sung this song!!! O_O
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWZisnZ-RGE

wow… I feel so old now. T_T
last edited on June 3, 2014 2:56AM
Ozoneocean at 3:20AM, June 3, 2014
(online)
Lonne, You HAVE to listen to the latest Quackcast- Our fake chatcast.
Banes and I did fake versions of everyone phoning in, including you!
-Don't take offence at the voice please, it's one of our standards that we use, it's not meant to be a parody.

@Kawaii- I know what you mean, all those prople in my friends list hooking up, having babies, babies, babies, babies… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo TOO MANY BABIES!!!!
Hook up with me, if you're prepared to go bottomless! …hmm, maybe that's why I'm not popular with the ladies?
Pfft, never!
Lonnehart at 3:44AM, June 3, 2014
(online)
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I liked that portrayal! Thanks! :)
Though I don't actually speak like that, but funny nonetheless (even though it wasn't meant to be a parody). :)
Oh… and you did get it right the first time. Pronounced “lawn-heart”. Y'know… to further distance myself from the numerous “lone hearts” out there. :)
bravo1102 at 7:11AM, June 3, 2014
(offline)
HippieVan wrote:
@bravo: you must not have the real bohemian coffee places where you are if you think Starbucks is poser coffee! …Anyways, I always see those places with all the complicated coffee beans as being more insincere than Starbucks.
It's all about the beans just like wine is all about the grapes. A good perculator adds a richness to the coffee that those with unsophisticated tastebuds can't appreciate. But I haven't had it except in diners in some time. But again it's about the beans and changing out the grounds regularly and not letting it get stale.

That Quackcast was funny. But Skoolmonkee was right. And poor Banes killing his voice doing Bravo all the time. He does it so well but it must be very tiring. The others were scary. real. I can imagine Skullbie looking for her ruby slippers.

One day I hold out hope that someone will pronounce rotten-fem-cruds correctly. If not I'll just have to shoot the next three scripts I have based on the robin-remf-nuts series. There is a series based on some characters from Battle of the Rob's-fur-crocks that is progressing nicely. I've collected a lot of graphics and designs for sets so I'll start building soon my version of a Star Trekkie interior. The model of the ship is done and I'm decaling it.
Ironscarf at 4:35PM, June 3, 2014
(offline)
Coffee is only useful for flavouring walnut cakes old chap! Great to finally hear your voice and others on Quackcast 169 - you and Skullbie are exactly as I imagined you but Lonne was a surprise!
Who was doing that dreadful impersonation of Banes though?
Skullbie at 10:46PM, June 3, 2014
(online)
Yeah the lastest quackcast was hilarious, I was giggling like crazy. Ironscarf almost sounded like Nigel thornberry heheheh xP
bravo1102 at 5:36AM, June 4, 2014
(offline)
Ironscarf wrote:
Who was doing that dreadful impersonation of Banes though?
That was Ozoneocean. He does all the voices. Banes is actually a mute who only speaks through telepathy.
Ozoneocean at 9:54AM, June 4, 2014
(online)
Eh, Banes is just a character I made up for when I actually want to be funny. You know the way my Ozone character always seems a bit try-hard? All part of the act! Every partnership needs a dork. :D
…No, it's not an act. -_-

If you are all nice I will show you the pic of me and Pitface together with our baby.
Ozoneocean at 6:08PM, June 4, 2014
(online)

Some family resemblance?
Lonnehart at 6:45PM, June 4, 2014
(online)
*sigh*

Well, the utility bills are going up… again. And so is the cost of food (rice went up by nearly $2 in some places… a small bag now costs almost $7). The cost of living here is going up. To make matters worse, the business owners here are fighting very hard to keep the minimum wage as it is… at $7.25 an hour.

So now I'm curious… what happens if everything becomes so expensive no one has money to pay for food OR bills?
Skullbie at 8:27PM, June 4, 2014
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
So now I'm curious… what happens if everything becomes so expensive no one has money to pay for food OR bills?
It becomes like seattle where people choose to live in their car because they don't wanna pay premium to rent an apartment. Car parks there are jampacked.
————
I randomly became inspired to re-do my comic in color. Not bad, considering I have actually commisioned people to avoid coloring my own art

I'm putting it here because I can't bring myself to go to other parts of DD forums
—————————-
I want a PS4 soooooo bad. All the games are being phased out and the only releases on the xbox and ps3 have been cash grabs at next-gen games with graphics worse than dragon age origins. It'll have to wait though. My cat needs blood work done and I fear there's deeper issues.
Ozoneocean at 8:41PM, June 4, 2014
(online)
Skullbie wrote:

I'm putting it here because I can't bring myself to go to other parts of DD forums
I can't bring myself to go their either. -_-
Noice colour. It's not as hard as it seems is it? :)
Ironscarf at 2:00AM, June 5, 2014
(offline)
Lonne' - we all go back to serfdom: I think that's the general idea anyway.

I really like your colouring Skullbie please make more comics. :3
Rest of the forum is a lie.

Ozone, how much would you charge to voice-over my life?
Lonnehart at 5:10AM, June 5, 2014
(online)
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/robert-pattinson-indiana-jones-rumors/2014/06/04/id/575210/

…….

*has no idea how to react to that…*
Skullbie at 4:13PM, June 5, 2014
(online)
I went to IHOP today. I got inspired to give it another chance. First the girl sat us down near the huge unclean table with a diaper on the floor, french fries everywhere…proceeded to not clean it. Not even wipe the table. We order our food and it comes out. I got the crepes, but noticed there wasn't any filling in them. I wasn't 100% sure so I asked the waitress (very nicely, genuinly curious if they had filling or not) -_- She puts her hands in her apron pockets and says “um, would you like me to get the menu…? So you know what you're ordering”. I stop, trying to figure out if she actually said that to me, look on moms face says yes. I tell her I was asking if that's how they're served and she puts her hands in her pockets again, and says “um, ive been doing this for four years now…so ive got a pretty good handle on this.”

What the flying fuck. I hold from saying if shes got so much experience she should clean the fucking table next to me, but whatever, she leaves. I take a few more bites of my soggy egg blankets and mom tries to finish her dry blt with one tomato. I guess she thought about what she said or overheard me mentioning I might complain because she took the crepes off my bill. -_- Anyways I wont be going back there! Now I know why the parking lot was empty at 11 in the morning.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon