Tips and Tricks/Support *

General Help Thread
Ozoneocean at 6:22PM, Nov. 17, 2018
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
I just use the handy “mark all as read” tab.
Yes, there seems to be a bug… I do this too.
Eustacheus at 8:10PM, Dec. 16, 2018
(offline)
I got a “friend” request. What happens if I add them?
Amelius at 5:58AM, Dec. 17, 2018
(offline)
The only thing that happens is their avatar shows up on your public profile page in the friends category, and yours on theirs. I'm not sure if there's any plans in the future beyond that, but that is pretty much it!
Eustacheus at 6:05AM, Dec. 17, 2018
(offline)
Amelius wrote:
The only thing that happens is their avatar shows up on your public profile page in the friends category, and yours on theirs. I'm not sure if there's any plans in the future beyond that, but that is pretty much it!

Thanks. So it's not like “following”, right? No notifications, that the other one has posted anything, or stuff like that?
Amelius at 8:48AM, Dec. 17, 2018
(offline)
Correct, there's nothing but the avatar for the moment. I think they wanted to integrate it into something like that in the future when it was first introduced, though. Right now it's just considered a friendly gesture.
Ozoneocean at 12:01PM, Jan. 18, 2020
(online)
If you're sure I can delete your account for you.

Shame to lose you after you've been around so long :(
last edited on Jan. 18, 2020 12:02PM
Ozoneocean at 10:00PM, Jan. 18, 2020
(online)
OK

-deleted the account of Shibbeh as per request.
last edited on Jan. 18, 2020 10:13PM
roma at 8:44AM, April 14, 2020
(online)
Is there a way to change the time of automatic updates for a webcomic?

I want to try different times to see if my webcomic can get better exposure.
🤔
Avart at 5:34PM, April 14, 2020
(offline)
roma wrote:
Is there a way to change the time of automatic updates for a webcomic?

I want to try different times to see if my webcomic can get better exposure.

My personal experience is that updating on a regular schedule (the often the better) helps a lot, but most important is being participative in the forums , community projects and commenting in other's people comics. This way you will get more attention.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 9:29AM, May 2, 2020
(offline)
Helixfinger here.

I seem to have stumbled upon a little problem that perhaps an administrator could help me with. I just tried viewing my hosted webcomic Molly Lusc, without being logged in, and I noticed that while not being logged in viewing the comic, pages are mysteriously missing. I can't find the first twenty-four pages of the thirty-nine in total that I've uploaded so far, from the very first page named Molly Lusc, Cover up until the page named Page 20, in the page selection archieve of the comic, while not being logged in.

I figured something was a little bit fishy a few months back when the comic's description display on my profile suddenly began counting a far lesser number of pages uploaded for the comic, now displaying 15, pages uploaded, instead of 39. Back then I didn't think of it more troublesome then that, but then just a few days ago a commenter, that I assume didn't have an account on the site since it was labeled anonymous and with no link to an account, commented on my last update asking “Where can I find chapters 1,2 & 3”, and that's when I checked it logging out and noticed the problem.

I replied to the commenter that I would look into it and suggested that he/she make a DD account in the meantime if he/she wanted to read the previous chapters now (I assumed that he/she would be able to view them doing so, since nobody with an account has commented on this prior). And that's just about it. I would be very grateful if an administrator could perhaps look into it and, if possible, ressolve it somehow. Thank you in advance.
last edited on May 2, 2020 9:33AM
Ozoneocean at 11:01AM, May 2, 2020
(online)
Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:
Helixfinger here.

I seem to have stumbled upon a little problem that perhaps an administrator could help me with. I just tried viewing my hosted webcomic Molly Lusc, without being logged in, and I noticed that while not being logged in viewing the comic, pages are mysteriously missing. I can't find the first twenty-four pages of the thirty-nine in total that I've uploaded so far, from the very first page named Molly Lusc, Cover up until the page named Page 20, in the page selection archieve of the comic, while not being logged in.

I figured something was a little bit fishy a few months back when the comic's description display on my profile suddenly began counting a far lesser number of pages uploaded for the comic, now displaying 15, pages uploaded, instead of 39. Back then I didn't think of it more troublesome then that, but then just a few days ago a commenter, that I assume didn't have an account on the site since it was labeled anonymous and with no link to an account, commented on my last update asking “Where can I find chapters 1,2 & 3”, and that's when I checked it logging out and noticed the problem.

I replied to the commenter that I would look into it and suggested that he/she make a DD account in the meantime if he/she wanted to read the previous chapters now (I assumed that he/she would be able to view them doing so, since nobody with an account has commented on this prior). And that's just about it. I would be very grateful if an administrator could perhaps look into it and, if possible, ressolve it somehow. Thank you in advance.

Check the dates on those pages. Usually this happens because the pages haven't been released yet, people sometimes put the wrong year on things.
Ozoneocean at 11:11AM, May 2, 2020
(online)
Yup, that's the issue.
You updated the pages and the dates moved into the future…
I'll fix it for you so you don't have to do it :)
Andreas_Helixfinger at 12:33PM, May 2, 2020
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Yup, that's the issue.
You updated the pages and the dates moved into the future…
I'll fix it for you so you don't have to do it :)

I've just checked. It's all there now👍 I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on the date next time I update a page, oopsie me^^ Thank you so very much for the help, Oz. You're the man👍
last edited on May 2, 2020 2:38PM
Smyrnaff at 6:58PM, Aug. 8, 2020
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
OK

Hello!

I am trying to sign into the account Autophobia (https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/user/Autophobia/ ) but I cannot remember my password and no longer have access to the email address I used to create the account. I am the same person who asked to have their account, Shibbeh, deleted (request quoted above). Autophobia was the account I used before creating Shibbeh (now deleted) and I have created a third account (Smyrnaff) which I am going to keep and never delete, honest.

What kind of info do you folks need from me in order for me to gain access to Autophobia?

Thanks in advance! :D
Ozoneocean at 8:51PM, Aug. 8, 2020
(online)
Smyrnaff wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
OK

Hello!

I am trying to sign into the account Autophobia (https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/user/Autophobia/ ) but I cannot remember my password and no longer have access to the email address I used to create the account. I am the same person who asked to have their account, Shibbeh, deleted (request quoted above). Autophobia was the account I used before creating Shibbeh (now deleted) and I have created a third account (Smyrnaff) which I am going to keep and never delete, honest.

What kind of info do you folks need from me in order for me to gain access to Autophobia?

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi, I'm a good judge of these things.
That account hasn't been used for years and there are no comics attached to it, I can't see why you'd be making stuff up to get access to it so I believe you.
I've PQ'd you a new password to it.
nightmarelunatic at 10:49AM, Sept. 1, 2020
(online)
Hey there,

I searched through all of the DD help site, but I couldn't find what I needed. Can somebody help/tell me how to put a custom image above my comic like I see many people doing? I kept trying to figure it out and no luck :(
Any help would be great.
Ozoneocean at 5:07PM, Sept. 1, 2020
(online)

Just click the “edit” button next to your comic in your profile and scroll down to find this on the next page ☺️
artofzinn at 4:56PM, Feb. 7, 2021
(offline)
How can I get rid of the banner link that shows up under my posts in the forums?
X
Ozoneocean at 6:23PM, Feb. 7, 2021
(online)
artofzinn wrote:
How can I get rid of the banner link that shows up under my posts in the forums?
got to your control panel and hit the “forums” button.
Or this link should take you right there…
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/user/forums/
That's where you edit or remove banners and signatures
artofzinn at 10:02PM, Feb. 7, 2021
(offline)
Ok thanks , I got it :)
X
bugbyte at 9:48PM, June 28, 2021
(offline)
Hopefully this post is in the right place! I'm having an issue uploading new pages. When I go through the process of choosing an image, filling out titles and information, and then click “save pages” at the bottom, nothing happens. I've gotten a few pages uploaded just fine, but it seems to have stopped working for no reason I can figure out. My file sizes should be fine, they're way under the limit. I'm not leaving any fields blank. It's a mystery! Any suggestions?
Ozoneocean at 12:26AM, June 29, 2021
(online)
bugbyte wrote:
Hopefully this post is in the right place! I'm having an issue uploading new pages. When I go through the process of choosing an image, filling out titles and information, and then click “save pages” at the bottom, nothing happens. I've gotten a few pages uploaded just fine, but it seems to have stopped working for no reason I can figure out. My file sizes should be fine, they're way under the limit. I'm not leaving any fields blank. It's a mystery! Any suggestions?
I had a look at your archive and the last page you have is set to upload on “June 30, 2021, midnight”

Is that ok or were ther more pages?

What was the file format of the other pages? I think we only accept PNG, JPG and GIF format.
bugbyte at 9:53PM, June 29, 2021
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
bugbyte wrote:
I had a look at your archive and the last page you have is set to upload on “June 30, 2021, midnight”

What was the file format of the other pages? I think we only accept PNG, JPG and GIF format.

There definitely are more, they just never appear. Everything should be jpg, and I haven’t had issues with the same files in other places.
Ozoneocean at 5:24AM, June 30, 2021
(online)
bugbyte wrote:
Ozoneocean wrote:
bugbyte wrote:

There definitely are more, they just never appear. Everything should be jpg, and I haven’t had issues with the same files in other places.
Pease email them to me at ozoneocean ay yahoo dot com so I can test them and see whats' wrong :)
hushicho at 4:35PM, Jan. 3, 2022
(offline)
I can't seem to get a video to actually share. I clicked Add Video under the video section on my profile, but even though I entered all the information, it just refreshes to the same page and doesn't add the video that I can see at all.

I was basically just wanting to add some of my webcomics-related videos to my profile, so others could see them. Unfortunately, neither the shortened URL nor the full URL, and neither http nor https worked.

Is the function not working at present, or am I messing up?
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
Ozoneocean at 8:21PM, Jan. 18, 2022
(online)
hushicho wrote:
I can't seem to get a video to actually share. I clicked Add Video under the video section on my profile, but even though I entered all the information, it just refreshes to the same page and doesn't add the video that I can see at all.

I was basically just wanting to add some of my webcomics-related videos to my profile, so others could see them. Unfortunately, neither the shortened URL nor the full URL, and neither http nor https worked.

Is the function not working at present, or am I messing up?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier! Now, that doesn't work :(
RHJunior at 2:02AM, March 5, 2022
(online)
My name is RHJunior. I have several comics here on the Duck, as a secondary/backup site…. I attempted to update my comics today and the site simply will. not. update.
Are my comics locked, or is it something else?
Ozoneocean at 4:36AM, March 5, 2022
(online)
RHJunior wrote:
My name is RHJunior. I have several comics here on the Duck, as a secondary/backup site…. I attempted to update my comics today and the site simply will. not. update.
Are my comics locked, or is it something else?
Hey man, I'm not sure! Those comics haven't updated in 11 years. Hmmm…
We can't lock comics, only delete them.

I will try some stuff.
Ozoneocean at 4:54AM, March 5, 2022
(online)
OK, I unverified you and reverified you and uploaded test pages to every single one of your comics (and then deleted them), it all went ok.
Try now?
memo333 at 1:11PM, Oct. 15, 2023
(offline)
how can one of my posts NEWS can appear in the front page? or in the news place

All my stuff here: https://linktr.ee/memo333

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon