Comic Talk and General Discussion *

A Flock of Dreams Cover vote
Genejoke at 4:58AM, April 5, 2024
(online)
The second Drunkduck anthology is nearing completion, while there's still work to be done it's definitely very close.

With that in mind it's time for you to vote on the cover design.

A. Andrea Helifinger

B. Genejoke

C. Plymayer

D, Jason Moon

E. Banes

F. Banes 2

G. Emma Xross

H. Plymayer 2

A couple of these have slight variations which I haven't included here, such as the first Banes design and Emm Xross's, these can be found in the following thread.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/179106/?page=6

if you have any thoughts on which variation to use feel free to express them with your vote.

Voting will remain open throughout April.

last edited on April 8, 2024 10:18AM
InkyMoondrop at 5:27AM, April 5, 2024
(offline)
D (if texts are clear to read)
plymayer at 2:10PM, April 8, 2024
(online)
D. Jason Moon's
or
E. Banes?

Tough call…. D
plymayer at 2:13PM, April 8, 2024
(online)
G. Emma Xross certainly reminds me of something….. Oh, ya, last weekend.
Emma_Xross at 6:41PM, April 8, 2024
(offline)
They don’t call em Drunk Duck for nothin :3
Banes at 7:47AM, April 9, 2024
(offline)
This is a VERY tough call - there are wonderful submissions here. I've had to think about it for a few days.

Gonna go with D by Jason Moon.

Prototype at 12:26AM, April 15, 2024
(online)
D, Jason Moon

All the entries are very fascinating but this one really stands out and fits the dreams theme perfectly.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 3:52AM, April 15, 2024
(offline)
I vote C. Love that minimalistic mysticism about it.
plymayer at 4:07AM, April 15, 2024
(online)
D
Spooky Kitsune at 4:29AM, April 15, 2024
(offline)
D for sure!
mks_monsters at 11:44AM, April 15, 2024
(offline)
I vote Emma Xcross.
MOrgan at 12:21PM, April 15, 2024
(online)
F. Banes 2
M.Organ Art - Adults Only! cartoons
M.Organ Extras - Adults Only! extras
TheJagged at 12:51PM, April 15, 2024
(offline)
E. Banes
Gunwallace at 2:10PM, April 15, 2024
(offline)
Love the range on offer here. Well done, everyone.
I'm picking C. Simple and elegant.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Allan at 3:25PM, April 15, 2024
(offline)
Agreed that this is all great work and everyone who contributed should be proud.

Both A and G read to me like accessible covers that get their point across. A has a literal point that extends into chaotic infinity (there is likely more to the composition that I do not understand). But G is so comfortable, familiar, and well-rendered that I can't help but vote for it.

So G, please.

Some feedback for the rest:

B - Genejoke, you nailed the tone. I feel like you were trying to render creativity and absurdity and I think you hit that just right. Your choice of which details to include and how to present them was sage!

C - There's a lot you can take/project/imagine in the smoke, here, and the abstract nature and non-defined shapes fit in well with the theme.

D - Jason, your illustration here ranges from childhood wonder to nightmarish! Your use of color is striking and powerful, and your composition is very clear. I also hope that you are getting enough rest.

E - The eye is your strongest rendering for this composition, and the upside-down tree is very interesting. You've got an almost Dali-like feel here, mixed with something more sinister… cool!

F - The feeling of dreams/dreaming/creativity is very clear. I also love her expression.

H - Love the mixture of mediums, here (not to mention that it's a digital file on a website)! I also love how it looks like she is casting a shadow on the cement (it's the shadows from the leaves above, right?). Very cool. She looks appropriately-placed in the photo's composition.
last edited on April 15, 2024 4:21PM
Genejoke at 3:00AM, April 16, 2024
(online)
Allan wrote:
Agreed that this is all great work and everyone who contributed should be proud.

Both A and G read to me like accessible covers that get their point across. A has a literal point that extends into chaotic infinity (there is likely more to the composition that I do not understand). But G is so comfortable, familiar, and well-rendered that I can't help but vote for it.

So G, please.

B - Genejoke, you nailed the tone. I feel like you were trying to render creativity and absurdity and I think you hit that just right. Your choice of which details to include and how to present them was sage!

C - There's a lot you can take/project/imagine in the smoke, here, and the abstract nature and non-defined shapes fit in well with the theme.

D - Jason, your illustration here ranges from childhood wonder to nightmarish! Your use of color is striking and powerful, and your composition is very clear. I also hope that you are getting enough rest.

E - The eye is your strongest rendering for this composition, and the upside-down tree is very interesting. You've got an almost Dali-like feel here, mixed with something more sinister… cool!

F - The feeling of dreams/dreaming/creativity is very clear. I also love her expression.

H - Love the mixture of mediums, here (not to mention that it's a digital file on a website)! I also love how it looks like she is casting a shadow on the cement (it's the shadows from the leaves above, right?). Very cool. She looks appropriately-placed in the photo's composition.

What a wonderful comment, Thank you on behalf of everyone for you observations.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 7:11AM, April 16, 2024
(offline)
Allan wrote:

So G, please.

It always warms an artist's soul to have their art interpreted and appreciated with such keen eyes❤:) Thank you❤❤❤
Allan at 4:11PM, April 16, 2024
(offline)
I really appreciate getting to weigh in on everyone's spectacular work - I'm definitely happy to spend a few minutes appreciating each piece! Thank you both for the love right back.
IronHorseComics at 2:20PM, April 17, 2024
(online)
I vote D Jason Moon
You can read Fluffy 500 right here! https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Fluffy_500/
plymayer at 10:52PM, April 17, 2024
(online)
They all are good. :)
Stahlberg at 8:05AM, April 18, 2024
(offline)
I vote for A.
But as has been noted, tough choice :)
Banes at 8:26AM, April 18, 2024
(offline)
Allan -

Thanks for giving a reaction to all the covers. Really nice to read that!

Genejoke at 3:02AM, May 2, 2024
(online)
Voting is closed.

Jason Moon wins

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon