Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Genejoke at 7:52AM, Feb. 5, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee
Genejoke
So that's why you don't make any comics, you went the whole hog and stopped doing ANY detail.

That's not true, I just drew one yesterday.

It's on;y a matter of time :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
seventy2 at 10:23AM, Feb. 5, 2011
(online)
Aurora Borealis
ozoneocean
I'm older than Seventy2, that mean I win.
So you're Seventy3 then?

This joke just made my day. the first depressing day i've had in a while is today, and just seeing that made me laugh.

So, being young is still full of worries, being old has worries, and being retired you don't have any time to do anything. Where does the grass get green??

——

Just a tidbit of information for you all, i think 2003 was my worst year on record. Set my life on track for where i am now, but just so many bad things.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Salsa at 1:58PM, Feb. 5, 2011
(offline)
Glad you had a laugh on an otherwise crappy day. That always cheers me up.

——
Wildebeest finding the airspeed velocity of a crocodile covered in chocolate pudding.
——

I'm flipping through a tutorial on Python (the language not the snake) and found that the ‘else if’ is ‘elif’. My first thought is that is going to be the name of a character, I don't care how, I'm having a character named Elif.

My second thought was that programming language keywords could make for some interesting character names and puns. Bool is a common one for boolean, a variable that is either true or false. Have a guy named Bool, have him spout off nonsense, boom, a guy that's full of bull (bool is pronounced the same as bull) crap, and is always false (bool Bool_character = false;). Two for one :D.

okay I really need to sleep more. I'm starting to act just plain silly.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:44PM, Feb. 5, 2011
(offline)
You know what you guys should read?

I AM
It's a fantastical story.

(the link does not lead to I am)

Today I hurt myself trying to get the frozen tarp from the ground and then my dad went out and made me look like an ass.
Am I weak or stupid?

Also I finally got my interview all together with DarkGesen and the two interviews will be up soon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Genejoke at 3:48PM, Feb. 5, 2011
(online)
trying to win the harkovast compo I see.
ramlama at 4:32PM, Feb. 5, 2011
(online)
Aurora Borealis
I think I'm crazy. My plan is to do 50 pages of b/w comics within this month while at the same time I color the remaining 6 pages (actually, only 5 to go now, one is done) and I'm attempting to sort out something like fifty conflicting storyline/timeline versions for a huge project I want to finally draw.
The more you do, the more experience you have. The more experience you have, the more opportunities to improve. The more you improve, the better you get. The better you get, the faster you can work. The faster you can work, the more you can do. 50 pages in a month this time. 200 pages in a month five years from now. Just sayin'. Power level.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
Aurora Borealis at 5:43PM, Feb. 5, 2011
(online)
ramlama
Aurora Borealis
I think I'm crazy. My plan is to do 50 pages of b/w comics within this month while at the same time I color the remaining 6 pages (actually, only 5 to go now, one is done) and I'm attempting to sort out something like fifty conflicting storyline/timeline versions for a huge project I want to finally draw.
The more you do, the more experience you have. The more experience you have, the more opportunities to improve. The more you improve, the better you get. The better you get, the faster you can work. The faster you can work, the more you can do. 50 pages in a month this time. 200 pages in a month five years from now. Just sayin'. Power level.

Yeah, I know. Although I've seen artists go in the opposite direction. Rather than produce faster, they just add more detail *looks at a certain admin of ours* and I kinda fell victim to that myself although this is luckily so far contained to shorter comics and random drawings.

The crazy part is more about the scope of the other large project I'm working on and the lenght I expect it to be (basically, I want a bi-weekly title with 20-page long chapters which I aim to start drawing March and build a buffer until Autumn or even the end of the year). So I have to be able to do 2 pages a day without skipping beat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
seventy2 at 9:10PM, Feb. 5, 2011
(online)
It has now been 8 years since indiana had it's first death of the “iraq war”**. He is one of very few people i can name, that had a direct impact on my life. (other people have had minor points here and there, but there is literally a list fewer than five, that i can point out names, and say i am who i am because of this person

**iraq war is in quotes because he died well before the war started, but it counts against that number
facara
Ozoneocean at 9:39PM, Feb. 5, 2011
(online)
Aurora Borealis
ozoneocean
I'm older than Seventy2, that mean I win.
So you're Seventy3 then?
Yes. -_-

Sunday is full of work… Work for DD. Gahhhhh! And it's not fun.
I hate doing writeups on things… Unlike university where I could happily ramble on and on for pages, this sort of writing has to be tightly cogent, coherent, easy to follow and everything has to reference something concrete from collected research.

I hope that sounds mysterious! :)
It's because I'm talking about research for the Quackcast and some other DD stuff that I can't go into detail about.
Ah well, back to work T_T
My Sunday is not mine anymore.
————-

UGH! Finished the Quackcast write-up/research! Took me fooking ages >_<
I will post it up in the tutorial section when the cast goes live on Tuesday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Ironscarf at 8:46AM, Feb. 6, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean
Ever since I decided to make my comic pages super-gigantic-huge they've taken more time to work on… I just have too much fun making things super detailed that I don't even care about anything else except making funky art. :)

I do this. I paint details that I know will never be visible when I reduce the page down, but that doesn't stop me. It must be either immense dedication or immense stupidity - there's a fine line.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Ozoneocean at 9:02AM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
Let's turn it up to 11 baby!
elektro at 11:39AM, Feb. 6, 2011
(offline)
I wish I could find some good reference drawings for a 3/4 view walk cycle. I'm trying to animate one right now, but it's not an easy perspective to just draw, much less animate. There are plenty of references for side view walk cycles, but almost none for something like this.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
seventy2 at 11:50AM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
I hope the superbowl wombat blesses you with much chips and beer
facara
A Reaver at 12:09PM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
If I make fun of the super bowl will I be castrated?
Just checking before I commit blasphemy to an extremist religion.

Shiny new comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
ramlama at 3:48PM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
A Reaver
Heh- anyone that'd castrate ya for that will probably just assume you've already been castrated. Should be safe. Now, if you mention Puppy Bowl, it may be another matter.
Warpedwenger at 3:54PM, Feb. 6, 2011
(offline)
Super Bowl Sunday is the most boring day of the year for me >.>
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
Genejoke at 4:21PM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
ramlama
A Reaver
Heh- anyone that'd castrate ya for that will probably just assume you've already been castrated. Should be safe. Now, if you mention Puppy Bowl, it may be another matter.

sounds like a soup.
seventy2 at 6:04PM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
you don't have to believe in the superbowl wombat, to receive chips and beer.

It's like christmas, or easter.

he brings fun memories, in the form of the years best commercials.

wombat bless us, one and all.
facara
lefarce at 7:49PM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
Hello, I'm Ben Roethlisberger, and the only team I'm going to make completed passes to is the Green Bay Packers.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Ozoneocean at 8:59PM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
seventy2
you don't have to believe in the superbowl wombat,
Why is it a wombat? …big fat Australian marsupial the size of a large corgi dog that digs burrows with its short, powerful arms, grunts a lot and attacks people's shins when annoyed…?
elektro at 9:09PM, Feb. 6, 2011
(offline)
Well, Milwaukee Art Museum won a Renoir from Carnegie Museum of Art.

http://www.mam.org/info/pressroom/2011/01/milwaukee-art-museum-carnegie-museum-of-art-wager-masterpiece-on-super-bowl-xlv/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
bravo1102 at 12:47AM, Feb. 7, 2011
(offline)
My Sunday shift was hell on earth.
1. The guy I relieved brought the keys home with him.
Call him and have him bring them back. There's a couple of keys I need on that ring.

2. The power goes out. Two elevators down and have to call everybody and find out no one has any idea that anything is going on. But everyone feels obligated to call me to find out what is going on. Utter misery as the brain melts.

“WOTTHEFUCKISGOINON!” Just couldn't think, concnetrate or focus.

3. The power comes back. I goup to the top floor to open a room. There were more bangs and clangs as the elevator moved than I've ever heard… then on the top floor… “Emergency Shut off switch activated” in that clam computer voice that is only one tone away from Robot in Lost in Space Lights go out and it stops. I call maintenance to tell them to call the elevator people after trying every switich and key I have to get the elevator to do something. Fortunately I have seen anough disaster movies to know that if an elevator is dead on a floor the door can be opened with your fingers. So I got out without having to call the Fire Department.

4. The hot water doesn't reset. So every minute another phone call complaining. You know there's always one person who just wants to yell and rant at you. She won't listen to anything you tell her unless she can turn it around and use it to attack you. Always one and in the building the same one.

Yuck. Still shaking a little after sleeping away all Sunday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
seventy2 at 2:45AM, Feb. 7, 2011
(online)
don't question the wombat. he just is.

i feel sympathy for you bravo. that had to suck.
——

my subconscious broke out and started messing with my dreams last night.i should say dream. even tho i kept waking up (again) the entire thing was one continuous dream, always picking up where it left off.
facara
bravo1102 at 5:59AM, Feb. 7, 2011
(offline)
seventy2
don't question the wombat. he just is.

i feel sympathy for you bravo. that had to suck.
——

my subconscious broke out and started messing with my dreams last night.i should say dream. even tho i kept waking up (again) the entire thing was one continuous dream, always picking up where it left off.

Thank you. As far as dreams that always happens to me once or twice it's even picked up in mid phrase. -_- I had a long dream last night where three old friends came by to comfort me about everything that had happened because i was pretty shaken when I went to bed. However they weren't as I remember them but as they are today almost as if their subconscious and mine were communicating even though I haven't seen two of them in 16 years. Scary. I shouldn't be believing in such things. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
ramlama at 6:31AM, Feb. 7, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
Why is it a wombat? …big fat Australian marsupial the size of a large corgi dog that digs burrows with its short, powerful arms, grunts a lot and attacks people's shins when annoyed…?
That description sounds pretty apt for the event overall, aside from national origin. We'll just pretend he was an immigrant. Melting pot and whatnot.
rokulily at 6:51AM, Feb. 7, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
seventy2
you don't have to believe in the superbowl wombat,

hmmm… i think i can figure this out…
big fat Australian marsupial- have you seen the superbowl party spreads? those things could fatten anyone up

Australian marsupial- we are a melting pot nation, we take from all cultures and then make it into a new life form. look at what we did with hamburgers!

size of a large corgi dog- that is the perfect size of a football mascot. puntable yet potentially adorable

powerful arms, grunts a lot and attacks people's shins when annoyed- sounds like football players to me, at least when they are playing football americano

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Salsa at 8:25AM, Feb. 7, 2011
(offline)
I think Roku hit the nail on the head with that one.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
seventy2 at 10:39AM, Feb. 7, 2011
(online)
Now that we are all in agreeance of the super bowl wombats origins and reasons, go out and spread the truth, for he will return next year with tidings of budweiser, dorito's and people gathering to argue, even tho no one truly likes either team playing in the championship.
facara
A Reaver at 12:03PM, Feb. 7, 2011
(online)
Im trying really hard to download this song to make an animation to but its a pain in the ass to find. So eventually I find it and the sites in chinese. I know theres a download link but I cant figure out how to download it.
Its infuriating.

Shiny new comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
HippieVan at 12:55PM, Feb. 7, 2011
(online)
I already love this semester. I do homework during my spare, then I come home early. : ) After April I'll only have to go in for art class.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon