Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Ironscarf at 2:10AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(offline)
KomradeDave
For the past two weeks ‘Jambalaya’ by Hank Williams has been stuck in my head. I haven't been able to get it out.

That's a serious problem Komrade, but fear not: help is at hand:

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
bravo1102 at 4:32AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(offline)
kyupol
When I walk around, I start seeing all the “1”s and “0”s on everything. The more I realize I live in a… matrix :)

I musta popped a whole bottle of red pills. lol

I just keep seeing “1”s Everytime I look at a digital clock during the hour of 11 or 1 even 10 it's always eleven after. Numerology says I'm headed for enlightenment.

We live in the Matrix! Except it's of our own making and we entrap ourselves. Break out! Look inward, be honest with yourself and change what is FUBAR! DOn't like it? Change it, you have power over You. Or not. I have a bottle full of anti-anxiety meds for sale… Take enough and you just won't care. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Ozoneocean at 5:29AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
bravo1102
I musta popped a whole bottle of red pills. lol
Labelled “amphetamines”. ;)

Alcohol is the best drug- As long as you know your limits!
I'm lucky, it doesn't take much to get me nice and floaty and then I know to back off.

Happy Australia Day!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
seventy2 at 5:41AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
i know my limits…most americans do.

The sad thing is, in most american parties, it's not your job to get buzzed, but wasted. i actually think it's a competition to see who can forget the most, the longest, without vomiting. and then talk trash the next day about the people who vomited.
—–

if i get this awesome house (waiting on ridiculous government run inspection) then i have to have people help me move. but i think instead of pizza and beer, i'm going to give my friends gas money. i'm moving 40 miles from work, that's about 50 from here.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Genejoke at 6:35AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Someone
The sad thing is, in most american parties, it's not your job to get buzzed, but wasted. i actually think it's a competition to see who can forget the most, the longest, without vomiting. and then talk trash the next day about the people who vomited.

Over here it's worse as the vomiting, getting raped and catching nasty things is just an average night out.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Ozoneocean at 6:51AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
It's all down to the type of people you hand out with :)

——————————

Man! best a\Australia Day Surprise!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJxQ4X4Oqc&feature=feedf

Map of Tasmania by the Young Punks remixed to include Peaches! Woot! getting that classy Aussie slag out there ^____^

Warning, vid is NSFW… well it is really, but then, not quite.

Silly lyrics, but fantastic sound with BIG beat and calypso style singing, jews-harp, ukulele- with a heavy Adam Ant influence.
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:44AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(offline)
http://www.youtube.com/user/BobTheRainKing

sorry. have to advertise cause I really want views and it goes with the rant.

Someone liked what I played and I answered “Yes, disturbed children write good lyrics.”
Someone
You sure do like to ramble away… But the singing was excellent! Well done man!
thank you very much Mr. ozone.

And then that is all with my youtube.

My favorite Twilight Zone's are The Obsolete Man and…the other one that I can't remember right now…poo…I can't even remember what happens…

In other news I'm going to cross-dress for my school's cabaret as Edna from Grease in Welcome to the 60's.
I will definitely get pictures.

And tomorrow is my birthday.
I expect cake. And CAKE.

And Friday is my school's Battle of the Bands which not only will I be performing an acoustic act (that I will get so you guys can laugh your asses off-you'll see) but also with my group Assorted Fruits.

Other than that…bring me cake.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
shirkersama at 12:16PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Have some cake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us4PJgunZx8
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
seventy2 at 2:39PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master

or death.
——-

I have discovered the flaw with the place we want to live.

internet.

the only service other than dial-up has thresholds. 30 day thresholds that i would bust if we only used one computer.i mean, i'm 1/34 there on my own. that doesn't include the wifes usage, and the xbox. we would be so close, it wouldn't be worth it.

or i could cut back on my own…

but that wouldn't even put a dent in what my wife has done in the last 4 days…holey crap.
facara
ayesinback at 4:31PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
seventy2
I Am The 1337 Master
or death.
Does it taste like chicken?

— (whatever)

btw: Happy almost B-Day 1337, and nice singing on that Stella.

An aquarian, ey? I KNEW there was a reason I liked you. AQUARIANS!! RAH!
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Ozoneocean at 8:15PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Happy Birthday 1337.

No one wished me Happy Australia Day. :(
Pricks.

You're all banned.
…as if. With the site being this twitchy that would take YEARS.

—————–

Hehe! I decided to support the band that made that excellent song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJxQ4X4Oqc&feature=feedf
Best song about hairy ladyparts ever.

They offered all 4 remixes for a minimum cost of $1.05. I decided that was too little and gave them $10 instead, and the band emailed me personally to thank me :)

Nice people ^__^
seventy2 at 8:19PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
Happy Birthday 1337.

Pricks.

You're all banned.
…as if. With the site being this twitchy that would take YEARS.

Happy australia yester day, ozone.

Actually if i got banned i'd pry use the internet a lot less.
facara
Skullbie at 11:04PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Trading cards online with canadians is nice, shame they live so far away though. If all goes well I'll have 7 trades with 50 new cards incoming. Assuming I'm not ripped off that is.

Freaking mom =_= We were watching sex and the city and miranda pulled out her dresser buddy, and i'm like “lololol dresser buddy” so mom says “how many dresser buddies do you have?”
Me: >:|
Her: “do you want one? lolol”
me: >8O

God.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
bravo1102 at 1:57AM, Jan. 27, 2011
(offline)
More snow and it looks like a scene from the Russian Front out there. There's even a car abandoned in the snow in front of my house.

Happy everyday to everyone. If there is a holiday or special day for you, enjoy it. And don't get wasted, it's a good way to throw away an otherwise good day. I know my limits and I know to remain sober enough to call the cab for the puking twits who think passing out from indulging alcohol is the height of fun. Whatever happened to the Foster Brooks or Dean Martin functioning buzzed alcoholic? That's funny. Passing out in a pool of your own vomit and urine is just sad.

So the server change killed my comic pageviews. From 300 to 700. Gotta do the self promotion all over again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:44AM, Jan. 27, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean
Happy Birthday 1337.

Pricks
Thank you oz.

So far I've spent it playing pokemon sapphire cause I got another snow day.

ayesinback
btw: Happy almost B-Day 1337, and nice singing on that Stella.
thank you.
ayesinback at 6:55AM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
Pricks.
Happy Belated Australia Day. Did you like that song especially for yesterday because its Down Under?

any way, for you

You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Ozoneocean at 7:15AM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
lol! Saucy lday
ayesinback
Did you like that song especially for yesterday because its Down Under?
Quite ;)

I listened to all versions of that song at work today on constant repeat.

———————–
Ouchies! Pin pricking pain attacks in my left wrist getting more frequent and painful… Got those after that stupid fall last year that buggered up my left arm. All the other pians went away eventually but I was left was nasty partial numbness on the wrist and occasional attacks of stabbing needle pains on the skin.

The only cure used to be lots of lifting weights… the more exercise the better it seemed. But that's not working now.
Don't want to have to go back to the doctor. >_<

@ Skull- WTF is a Dresser Buddy?
I Am The 1337 Master at 8:54AM, Jan. 27, 2011
(offline)
Second worst birthday in my life so far.

If only I wasn't so pessimistic.

:(

http://www.harkavagrant.com/nonsense/sexybatmansm.png
KomradeDave at 1:07PM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
Happy Birthday anyway 1337

—-

Snow! Tons of it (sort of). But, instead of canceling work they gave us a delayed entry. Everyone got to leave the normal time, but they didn't have to come in until 1. Why should everyone have to come in to sit at their desk for 2 hours? To stress that they own us.

—-

Ozone, I didn't when to wish you a happy Australia day, due to timezones. I had it calculated at around next Tuesday, EST.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, likeā€¦ tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
HippieVan at 2:38PM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
Hopefully I can actually post today. My internet being stupidly slow and the site being stupidly slow is not a good mix.

Some of my animals seem to be getting a bit of cabin fever. Haiku(the big black cat) has been bullying Annie(the little Siamese), which he doesn't usually do very often. Baby(the white cat) chases Annie around a lot, but she's just too dumb to know she's not supposed to do that. Haiku knows…every time he's chasing Annie and he sees me, he stops and just starts rubbing his face on something like “What? I'm just rubbing my face on the dresser, lalala…”
And then since Haiku is like 3 times the size of Annie, Buddy(the dog) gets upset and starts chasing Haiku away. Now he just chases after Haiku every time he sees him.

Our house is too small for all this chasing. Hopefully spring comes early this year and everyone can have some more outside time.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
kyupol at 7:15PM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
I just realized that a pastor with a fairly large church reads my comics. (hint: his audio sermons get downloaded 120,000 times a month all over the world)

Though I bet he wont talk about it in his sermons. The only time a pastor will talk about your work is if you are an atheist or transhumanist or if you write up some new agey stuff that turns Jesus into an alien / ascended master / psychic / any Jesus that is not the son of God and Lord and Savior.

Wow…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
kyupol at 8:59PM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
I… so wanna put up a really long “manifesto” type rant. But I know I might get shot (literally) if I do it. :(

*sigh*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Skullbie at 9:17PM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
Okay so there's like 3 major pkmn trading websites:
Site 1: Haven't seen a peep out of a mod there. Great freedom and good system, but it's painfully slow moving.

Site 2: Super fast but i've been there less than 18 hours and have already gotten 4 ‘infractions’/mini warnings. Kind of sad because i'm so used to forums having typical “don't flame and post pron lol” i stopped reading rules.

Site 3: I swear to god nazis run this place. I've lurked and can't go 7 posts without seeing a mod has edited his gigantic red warning into someones post. It swaps the post itself and they put a bigass signature of their name like they're proud of it
n00b
bumping thread
“don't bump until you're off the first page!!
~Love and kissies;
foggot”

. 0_o That is so rude. The rules pages are also horrifically long and will ban you over something you get warnings on other sites for. It also has the worst interface of all three.

It really makes me appreciate DD's mods and places with no mods whatsoever.
Ozoneocean at 5:33AM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
Skullbie
dresser buddy
Please tell me what this issss :(

——————-
I have a headache. Stupid hot weather!!!!!

Thanks Seventy and KomradeDave for the Aussie day wishes! As to time-zones, it's currently the 5th of April 2015 here. Yes, we do have flying cars, but no one wears any pants, it's very discombobulating, not to mention the flagrant bum-sweat on said flying car seats.

——————–

It's hot here! >_<
——————–

I'm trying to make a coat, but due to my knowledge of materials I'm very specific about what I want to use… Unfortunately in the modern world, even with the internet, some things are very rare, expensive and hard to come by these days. Currently I was about a metre of grosgrain crimson silk for the lapels. That's proving tricky.
The closest I can find is white stuff sold for bridal gear at 97 pounds a metre! And then I'd have to get it custom dyed. Lucky I'm going with artificial silk for the lining. -_-
HippieVan at 9:56AM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
I have a headache. Stupid hot weather!!!!!

Meanwhile, here in Canada…
I wake up this morning and it's only -7C and I'm like WOW, that's beautiful! So I go off to school without a scarf or anything. Two hours later, I'm done my exam and I step out the door…there is like a foot of new snow on everything. I don't even know how that much snow fell in two hours. Walking home took forever.

A picture of my front yard from the top half of my window, because the bottom half is almost completely covered with snow.

I suppose I still prefer this to 40 below, though.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Skullbie at 12:51PM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
Skullbie
dresser buddy
Please tell me what this issss :(

:cat: It's a reference to dressers being the usual place women hide vibrators…their “dresser buddy”.

Also is this emote new? :cat: I like eet. :cat:
Genejoke at 1:09PM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
New phrase of the week for ozone, maybe it will appear in a quackcast.
Ozoneocean at 1:43PM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
Skullbie
:cat: It's a reference to dressers being…
OOOooooooooooooooh ()_()"

I am an idiot.
Genejoke
New phrase of the week for ozone, maybe it will appear in a quackcast.
That will happen.

@ Hippie- Is Canada another name for heaven? It must be like living on a wedding cake!
Genejoke at 2:35PM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
Skullbie
:cat: It's a reference to dressers being…
OOOooooooooooooooh ()_()"

I am an idiot.

I had no idea either, I thought it might be having a friend helping you choose what outfit to wear or something.
Aurora Borealis at 6:46PM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
Comics:

Coloring proceeds slooowly… 1-2 pages a day. I'm uncetain what to tackle next. I know it'll be b/w and I'd love to do the 4 volume thing, but it might be a bit too long to do (would take at least a year and I have no idea how time consuming my next job will be so I don't want to get stuck with few hundred pages to go and no time to do more than a couple a week).

Reasonably thinking, I could do build a buffer drawing 2 pages a day and then upload 3 times a week, this way my buffer would grow fast and large enough to survive in case I was limited to working on weekends only. So maybe a single volume thing would be more reasonable?

The weather:

All the snow melted! The temperature's kinda hopping around between -3 to +10C, depending on the day. Usual winter then, heh. From time to time it'll snow a little bit, but whatever snow is there it always melts before the next day.

Sooo, yeah…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon