Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
ayesinback at 11:31AM, Jan. 14, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
Sooo maaaany, moooosquiiitooos heeeerrreee…

sloooooooooowww…

wax on.

you need to add a citronella candle hat to your collection
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Ozoneocean at 11:11PM, Jan. 16, 2011
(online)
Slower than ever right now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
seventy2 at 11:34PM, Jan. 16, 2011
(online)
for ever.

tron=meh
green hornet=much better than expected.

huzzah for double man date night.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Nicotine at 6:29AM, Jan. 17, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
Slower than ever right now.

That's what I was thinkin, seems slower than it was before the maintenance. =_=
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Ozoneocean at 7:07AM, Jan. 17, 2011
(online)
lefarce
Has transferring files to another server ever worked well in the past?
None of the transfers that Wowio did ever worked completely, so it always had to go back to the Plat servers.

This was another attempt to get the site once and for all onto Wowio servers so new updates can be done and problems can be sorted out as well as some careful troubleshooting of the recent issues. But so far it seems to have failed again. Check the twitter feed and facebook sites for updates.

The site is not in a usable state right now.
seventy2 at 9:25AM, Jan. 17, 2011
(online)
wow, the reply was quick, but getting to where i could press the button was horrible.
—-

Found the most perfect home ever. it's 2000 square feet, has a fireplace, a whirlpool tub, and a full unfinished basement (another 2000 sqft) but i have to use a VA loan so i can be cheap. but they don't loan against trailers…. :(

it'll be forever before we find another.
facara
usedbooks at 4:28PM, Jan. 17, 2011
(online)
My new computer shipped out of Japan today! I can't wait for it to get here! I'm so impatient.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Ozoneocean at 8:56PM, Jan. 17, 2011
(online)
I'm impatient with the loading times on DD -_-

Back at work for me now… holidays over -_-

I shaved off my lovely two weeks growth of beard so I'd look smart again and decades younger… But actually got confused for a senior citizen by a train guard when he was checking my ticket yesterday lol!
I suppose I look like on old fogey in my Panama hat and button up shirt. I could've been travelling free!

I downloaded this app called “Ethereal Dialpad” for my Android phone. OMG it rocks! It's a musical instrument program, but the music you play on it is so beautiful and so easy to make. I've stopped listening to mp3s entirely and just taken to playing my own music instead, it's addictive, I'm even playing beautiful sounds as I type right now- one hand making music on the phone touchscreen, the other typing. Pure bliss!
gullas at 9:58PM, Jan. 17, 2011
(offline)
Slow site is slooooooow…. in other news, I met ProductPlacement and Rokulilly. The seize ratio between them is about 2:1 ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Skullbie at 12:35AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
Been getting into MTG. It's much funner to play than pokemon and the group I play with is so diverse. I was expecting a bunch of neckbeards(and i got them) but there's also peoples moms, kids(one kicked my ass) ._., dads, old guys, young guys, two other chicks, the list goes on.

No one loev pokemon anymore… u_u But I still collect them.

Got a horrible day coming up tomorrow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
lefarce at 1:14AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
Man I've been wanting to play a game of Pokemon cards for ages now. I still collect them because it feels nice to collect something, but the urge to actually use them is becoming unbearable.

The last good friend I had here I was going to slyly suggest playing a game for nostalgia's sake, figured it would be worth a shot since she and I were incredibly similar. But then she discovered I play video games, and apparently is morally against them. I seriously do not know what the fuck

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Ozoneocean at 1:31AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
gullas
Slow site is slooooooow….
Woohooo! It's fast at the moment! ^____^
gullas
in other news, I met ProductPlacement and Rokulilly. The seize ratio between them is about 2:1 ;)
Ya, Rokulilly is a freakin' Giant! and PP is a teeny screaming midget.
lefarce
But then she discovered I play video games, and apparently is morally against them. I seriously do not know what the fuck
Vidya games are evil. Duh. I never play them ever.
…is what I'd tell your friend.

I'm so happy the site is loading at normal speed now!
Just need all those ABCD comics back. :[
Ironscarf at 1:42AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean
I'm so happy the site is loading at normal speed now!

I just logged in and this page loaded before I had time to make a cup of tea and a cheese sandwich. That hasn't happened in months. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Skullbie at 2:01AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
lefarce
Man I've been wanting to play a game of Pokemon cards for ages now. I still collect them because it feels nice to collect something, but the urge to actually use them is becoming unbearable.

Ooh what do you have? :) Anything really unique? Pics?

Gengar primes are ridiculously popular right now if you want to get into online trading, like every single person in my trade thread asked for them. I've been trying to get my hands on the Shiny SH sets, the rotom set, and the southern Islands sets.

Ozoneocean at 2:06AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
Ironscarf
I just logged in and this page loaded before I had time to make a cup of tea and a cheese sandwich. That hasn't happened in months. :)
Slowed down again a bit ;_;

Just when things were looking up! ()_()

——————
…and now it's normal again! O_o
My hopes are going up and down like a yo-yo!
seventy2 at 2:39AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
i had the opposite effect of what i had yesterday. however, the wait time was not as long, at all.
—–

my alarm scared me this morning. like, legitimately made me afraid. i have no idea of what, but when it went off i think i had some sort of panic attack.
——

the time is now pacific time? oh man that's gonna throw my whole world off! it's crashing down around me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
facara
Ozoneocean at 3:15AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
seventy2
the time is now pacific time? oh man that's gonna throw my whole world off! it's crashing down around me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
It'll certainly f*ck up the site and lead to Skool and I answering a bazillion complaints and queries…
They never seem to be able to get the time right during these things -_-
rokulily at 8:33AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
gullas
in other news, I met ProductPlacement and Rokulily. The seize ratio between them is about 2:1 ;)
Ya, Rokulily is a freakin' Giant! and PP is a teeny screaming midget.
darn, they're on to us, quick productplacement! get your stool and trenchcoat before more damage can be done!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
HippieVan at 9:14AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
The site seems to be loading slightly faster at the moment, so I will take this opportunity to tell you guys my important news: PUPPIES!

My mom is fostering 10 two-week old Beagle/Blue heeler puppies(and their mum) and they're awesome(as puppies are).
The light brown one is Camille, the one underneath her is Leon, Maxime is the one with her head just sticking up at the bottom, and Danton is the dark brown one. And the one to the left with socks is Socks. The rest of them I can't tell apart in this photo. :\

In less happy news, I think exams are making me sick. Blargh. Hopefully I will feel all better after they're over.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
bravo1102 at 9:18AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(offline)
I love technology. It's not only slow, but half the images are little red exes.

And my Attack of the Robofemoids comic has vanished into oblivion. Oh wait, some might consider that to be a good thing. ;)

Two days, two migraines. Two monsters that had the whole house spinning and every whisper being too loud.
It also doesn't help that it's been four weeks of winter and a snow storm every week. At least last weeks was a manageable 9 inches. I can shovel that.
Now it's freezing rain.

At least I'm not working outside this winter. I remember doing tank gunnery in this kind of weather and here I am in a nice warm dry house. Life is good.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
HippieVan at 2:05PM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
Seriously? The site isn't even working yet and we've already got another giant ad on the front page?

So are these full-page ads something that's going to be there all the time now?
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
lefarce at 3:46PM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
I'm glad I use adblock, otherwise this site would probably look like a hysterical mess. It's not so much that there are a lot of ads, it's the placement that gets me. Every page is so disorganized, and it feels like DD is trying really hard sometimes to be Myspace criteria 2006.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Skullbie at 9:43PM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
lefarce
What kind of deck do you use? Any interesting cards on your end? DO YOU HAVE A GENGAR, I'LL TRADE YOU A ROTOM FOR A GENGAR :V

Gengar prime is definitely the most powerful one so far. I was a little shocked when I first read what it does and then quickly made a deck with it. The deck was Gengar/Nido and used nidequeens to heal and sent stuff to the lost zone. Pretty awesome except NO ONE PLAYS POKEMON/FOREVER ALONE.
———-
Actually speaking of forever alone, I'm glad 4chan no longer has that shithole /r9k/. They seriously believed women can't orgasm during sex, i mean how inept can you *be*? =__=

———
-I'm sending out my first online trade tommori…i hope everything goes well. It's kinda pissing me off though because besides him a lot of the offers tend to average me getting ripped off by 40-50%. Like They'll want 15$ worth of popular cards and offer me 7$ worth…um nty fag.

Sellers are even worse. Why would I pay you full price of a card I can find at a reputable online seller? And he even added on a dollar on some cards, like I don't have eyes.
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:32AM, Jan. 19, 2011
(offline)
2 years 3 days and I'm still here.

Yay.

As you can see, my being an idiot went away but don't worry it's bound to come back.

I still haven't made a comic in weeks but now am starting another project with Gunwallace.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
skoolmunkee at 3:47AM, Jan. 19, 2011
(offline)
Hippie Van
Seriously? The site isn't even working yet and we've already got another giant ad on the front page?

They are something one of the bosses at Wowio has decided to capitalize on, yes. Apparently he won't be dissuaded.

:I
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
rokulily at 5:34AM, Jan. 19, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee
Hippie Van

They are something one of the bosses at Wowio has decided to capitalize on, yes. Apparently he won't be dissuaded.

:I
that is kinda an idiot move. it is like setting angry africanized honey bees upon someone whose trapped outside in the rain. it never bodes well, and people who see that person being attack will not go near whoever's doing that because it is a rare person who loves being cold, wet, and repeatativly stung by mistakes of mankind
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Ozoneocean at 7:37AM, Jan. 19, 2011
(online)
I have a headache. :(
I was trying to get back into my non-holidays mode sleep pattern and that was all dashed when my giant heavy tomcat decided to go have an evening of groinjumping fun. >_<
rokulily
that is kinda an idiot move. it is like setting angry africanized honey bees upon someone whose trapped outside in the rain. it never bodes well, and people who see that person being attack will not go near whoever's doing that because it is a rare person who loves being cold, wet, and repeatativly stung by mistakes of mankind
That's a lovely analogy ^_^
lefarce
Unless they're outright saying ALL women can't have one, then they're completely retarded, which I would expect considering it's a conversation about sex on 4chan.
Obviously they're just stupid kids… but going the other way why is it that……in hentai ALL women orgasm, usually gushing vaginal fluid, spraying buckets of brestmilk, and crying out in pleasure- even if she was being packraped at the time by a bunch of crazed tentacle beasts?
Aurora Borealis at 7:45AM, Jan. 19, 2011
(online)
I took a little detour from coloring (which was going damn slow 1-2 pages a day) and decided to do flats first… as a result I have only five pages left to flat for tonight and tomorrow actual coloring commences!

But yeah, I am getting sick of working in color.

*shakes head on the whole pokemon/card games discussion cause he'd rather waste money on comics* :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
A Reaver at 8:30AM, Jan. 19, 2011
(online)
I would love some Pokemon cards. I only ever had Yu gi oh cards. I didnt even play the TCG. I just liked the art.

In recent news I had to wear sunglasses all day due to the burning of my retina. Low winter sun + headache. I got called Neo all day. I then drew a comic explaining why I chose to wear them and that lead onto a discussion of webcomics and where I posted them. I kept mentioning that I hadn't got any on my profile. They kept asking why when I had so many drawn. I decided that I might as well post them. I also heard a guy mention that his former art teacher is a member here. Sounded a little weird to me.

Anyway I hate low winter sun.

Shiny new comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
Salsa at 10:43AM, Jan. 19, 2011
(offline)
Good News: I now have my copy of the CS5 Web Premium. YAY!

bad news: I work up late for 11 o'clock class AGAIN! seriously! I can get up for a class that's an hour and half earlier, but I can't wake up for a one in the middle of the bloody day?!

oh and I still need five more players for Mafia. Please? *puppy dog eyes*
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon