Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
Skullbie at 12:55AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
curses -__- I made the background i was going for, but it's way to demanding on the readers eye-been trying to fix but to no avail. damnit,damnit.
damnit.
damnit

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Skullbie at 12:56AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
damnit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Ozoneocean at 1:19AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
Fade it out? pt a slightly transparent but simple colour layer over the top (same general colour as what's underneath). That will flatten your detail and make it easier on the eyes…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
skoolmunkee at 1:52AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(offline)
Ozone has a good idea there. you could also lose any ink outlines and just use the color portions. And/Or use a small range of desaturated colors so they don't stand out much (similar to the transparency thing)

If all else fails, still hold onto the background because you might use it elsewhere!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Niccea at 4:13AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(offline)
Damn it all! School is closed today! And I got up at 5:45 because I have extra currics! And I don't think I'll be going back to sleep. Damn no existent bad weather! I'm serious. My class last night was canceled because “there was a storm coming” and nothing happened! Well…if it is snowing…that would be the only reason. But then again. My university only closes when the neighboring school district does (we have a lot of families on campus.) I'm I celebrating today? No! I only have one class and it is my favorite. I got a teacher that tells us how beer and math are related. What more could a college student ask for. *deep breath* This ranting stuff really works.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
seventy2 at 4:28AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
i like that i can still make girls blush. i dont know why. it made me feel good, that i just looked and smiled at a girl, and she did the shy blush thing. i wasnt flirting, just a genuine greeting in a hall. it's good to know that people still think i'm cute. when you hear it from the same person all the time, it kind of just….doesnt mean as much.

and also why am i calling them girls? they were officers, so unless they were kid genius's, then they were older than me. if even by a year.

also, i was redoing ninja wedding, now alls i've done since the first four pages, is create the first page with stories i will never get anywhere. seriously, i have 6 pages for 6 different comics. all with a totally different theme, and technique and story. damnit.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
bravo1102 at 5:37AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(offline)
I dragged myself kicking and screaming to the computer and updated my comic. I just have to keep telling myself I'm returning to the normal schedule.

I have all these pictures and stuff and just have to edit and do it. Considering I loaded PS on my laptop and can work on the comic at my job! In some respects photoediting with a touch pad is easier than a mouse! I can't use a pen. I'm just too susceptable to writer's cramp.

And you just can't please some people. Pity we live in an uncivilized time when you just can't kill them for insulting your honour and be done with it.

Why does soemone have to pull out in front of you on a highway so you have to swerve into the passing lane and there's no one visible behind you for miles and miles. Then feel obliged to have an unannouced pissing contest and accelerate and fly past you?

Probably somehting to do with the size of a certain appendage. ;) The bigger the pick-up truck; the smaller the penis.

A very pretty petite 5'2" woman drove a HUGE pick-up that she could barely close the hood of. But damn she looked good jumping up to grab hold of it. And why she ever developed a crush on a certain married man when there were so many younger and better looking single guys around I'll never know. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Aurora Borealis at 6:42AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
Sort of a funny story…
So, I've been looking through my scripts and ideas today and unearthed one that's supposedto be 666 pages long and in color. Since doing a volume this thick through POD would be insane (no one would buy a 100$ book from me, haha) I thought about making it as a 13 issue limited series… and while I was in the store pondering how to split those 666 pages between those 52 page long issues ka-blam offers…
…and I approach the cash register with my four food products… and I pay 6,66 for them! A coincidence or a sign that I'm on the right track? :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Custard Trout at 7:20AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(offline)
Neither, it's clearly a sign that the Devil himself is after your soul. I'd suggest you run, but there is no escape from the Prince of Darkness.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
HyenaHell at 7:45AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
It irritates me when people use the word “random”, when they perhaps mean “absurd” or “nonsensical”; for example, when describing a style of humor, the overall tone of something, etc. I mean, I might say “Gee, I feel like going to the mall and stabbing people at random”. I wouldn't say “Yeah, my friends and I- we're really random. We laugh at, you know, random stuff.”

While “random” can mean “lacking in purpose or direction”, I really think there are better adjectives out there to describe the same idea. Plus, the word's just been ruined for me, by misuse and overuse. It's become a deal-breaker. If I read a description of something (movie, comic, person, whatever) that uses the word “random”, I will avoid it like the plague.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
lba at 9:57AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
Why does soemone have to pull out in front of you on a highway so you have to swerve into the passing lane and there's no one visible behind you for miles and miles. Then feel obliged to have an unannouced pissing contest and accelerate and fly past you?

Funny that you mention that. I had that happen to me the other day on the freeway. I was doing about 90 while passing a semi and this nut in a Dodge Caravan decided I was going too slow so she proceeded to cut through a space about 3 feet longer than her van in between myself and the semi's front bumper. That caused the semi to have to slam on the brakes, at which point she cut in front of me with her rear bumper even with my front tire. I think the only thing that saved me and the guy I was with was that we were driving a car with modified brakes so they took me slamming them to the floor and slowing down to 30 mph in half a second without putting us in the ditch. As it was I had to gun it to avoid becoming a road smear underneath the semi.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
bravo1102 at 11:18AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(offline)
Random humour: Unrelated things coming up completely as if by chance i.e. at random

The Pythons are probably among the best examples and Pythonesque humor can be very random. (The Confuse a Cat Sktch? The Balinka music in the Dead Parrot Sketch? Vikings singing a rousing song about Spam? Absurdity as random because the connections between these elements appear to be totally by chance or haphazard; i.e. random)

Of course this original association is lost in much of the discourse being discussed. i say we take them out at random and shoot at them randomly. Or submit them to the Confuse a Cat service.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ironscarf at 1:49PM, Jan. 27, 2009
(offline)
Hyena H_ll
If I read a description of something (movie, comic, person, whatever) that uses the word “random”, I will avoid it like the plague.

I myself have been described as “so random” - I don't know if you want to take that as a warning to avoid, but I should warn you that if, like me, you find yourself described as random, you'll find yourself pretty hard to avoid. Is it just me, or is this post starting to sound like it's lacking in purpose or direction…?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
HyenaHell at 1:53PM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
bravo1102:
But “random” implies a lack of forethought or discretion- you could make the argument for ad-libbed comedy, like “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” being called random. But Python was scripted. And while there was a lot of unexpected or seemingly unrelated/ out-of-nowhere gags (“I'm standing in a pond!” being one of my favorites), I don't think I would call it random, because it was by design. "Coming up as if by chance“ isn't the same as ”coming up by chance".

But I get what you're saying. The word can certainly be used that way; I've just developed a distaste for it. Plus I have some complex or something, where I compulsively quibble over semantics. ;)

Ironscarf:
Aw, man- I have to avoid you now? Once again, my sweeping generalizations have led to nothing but isolation and sorrow. :(
usedbooks at 2:24PM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
When I got to the place I had my interview, I thought it was so cool, and the job description the guy gave me sounded like a dream job to me (well, except being part time, but we start somewhere), so I think I got to excited, which translated as nervous energy. I rambled and talked to fast and am pretty sure I blew it. -_-

But, it's my mom's birthday, and we're having cheesecake, so I'll survive. – I'll inflate, but I'll survive.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
skoolmunkee at 4:31PM, Jan. 27, 2009
(offline)
You probably did better than you thought. I know that if I were interviewing I'd want someone who was excited at the possibility of the job, even if it came out as nervous energy and a bit of babbling, instead of someone who was totally calm and collected but didn't seem very interesting or didn't say much.

Mmmm, cheesecake…

I hate the kind of headache that hurts more when you lay down. Because then you have to stay up all pissed off waiting for it to go away enough to go to bed.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
seventy2 at 10:58PM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
if there are any paramedics out there, could you send me a pq? i've got a couple questions about the job…
——-

i've been an emotional wreck since i started this shift. 12 hours alone, gives you a ton of stuff to think about. and this time of year sucks anyways. 6 years ago, i had 3 people close to me die in 3 months. january, february, and march. something that's been helping me this time around is, basically a journal. only when i'm done writing, i shred the pages. i dont know why, i'm just…..out there. unfocused.

freaking 12 hour shifts….alone….with only bathroom breaks…(i'm actually not supposed to be here…)…damn my thoughts. wherever i go there i am.
facara
Ozoneocean at 1:46AM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
It irritates me when people use the word “random”, when they perhaps mean “absurd” or “nonsensical”
COMPLETELY AGREE.

Pisses me off. -_-

“Random” users should play Russian roulette to get a better feel for the word :)

———————————

Seventy: Change jobs. That sucks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Skullbie at 2:30AM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
I feel like i forgot to do something really really important but can't remember what.
well it's probably not that important if i can't even remember. yes.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
seventy2 at 3:37AM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Seventy: Change jobs. That sucks.

i just might be.

but also, i'm not currently doing my actual job, because i was considered “unreliable” since my wife was in a car accident 2k miles away. otherwise, i'd be spending only the sleeping hours alone.
facara
skoolmunkee at 4:07AM, Jan. 28, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
if there are any paramedics out there, could you send me a pq? i've got a couple questions about the job…

I don't know if the forums are public right now or not, but if they are, this thread might be useful to you: EMT Megathread
IT'S OLD BATMAN
seventy2 at 4:58AM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
not public, but thanks for trying skool.

blech, since i wasnt able to sleep between shifts yesterday and today, i've now been up for 36+ hours. i think i'll stay up another 12, because last night, was my last shift. and if i do that, then i'll be on schedule to go home, and for when i get home. oh i cant wait. it's fun to travel, but it's always great to be home. my wife, my puppies…my freedom….sigh.

p.s. my questions are more along the lines of how they handle the job, more than how to become one. just so i'm clear for anyone contacting me.
facara
lba at 11:47AM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
seventy2
p.s. my questions are more along the lines of how they handle the job, more than how to become one. just so i'm clear for anyone contacting me.

I could probably see about asking my brother-in-law. He's got his EMT and Paramedic degrees and he's a volunteer firefighter. Mostly it seems like he makes jokes about things and just finds ways to distance himself from the people involved.

I have discovered the awesomeness that is ebay. And poking through the art section on there I'll bet I could make a bit of money on the side selling work through there. Most of what I saw wasn't exactly all that great.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
HyenaHell at 12:42PM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
I took a couple days off from working on my comic, and I feel super-refreshed. I needed to draw something else for a while. So I got some grey-scale Prismacolors and have had a blast playing around with those. I haven't drawn with markers in years! It's so rewarding to be able to sit down, and ten minutes later have a fully-toned sketch, without endless hours of building up lines with pen or value with pencils.
seventy2 at 10:20AM, Jan. 29, 2009
(online)
i just spent 110 dollars on a bottle of rum. that better be some of the finest rum ever. everyone says it is. if it isnt. i'm getting them all drunk and getting my money back.

also, i just let the barber straight razor my face. wierd. i was afraid that the dude was gonna slice my throat at any second….
facara
HyenaHell at 11:34AM, Jan. 29, 2009
(online)
seventy2
i just spent 110 dollars on a bottle of rum.

I just spent $110 on my car tax. Yours sounds way more fun.
Skullbie at 12:33PM, Jan. 29, 2009
(online)
Raaarrrrrghll just kill the mafia already :gem: game'es so irritantin' when ya know who's really mafia….grumble…grum…*poot*

I came up with the most amazing idea for my #2 comics site design :) It's soooo cool, i haven't even finished plotting the comic, but i know the site will be so perfect for it.
hah i'm so lame….getting excited over html….so LAME -__-

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
seventy2 at 1:48PM, Jan. 29, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll

you have to pay a car tax?
and it will be fun. tomorrow night. when i'm allowed to drink.

also, while at work, i learned what a “kiwi” is. (not the bird or the fruit)
facara
skoolmunkee at 1:57PM, Jan. 29, 2009
(offline)
Hyena H_ll
I get to pay £198 in February :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ryuthehedgewolf at 7:07PM, Jan. 29, 2009
(offline)
So, I figured out, that even eating healthy, working out, and all that DOESN'T make me invulnerable! I've had the same stomach ache for the past 3 days. I thought it was from using an ab roller (which usually does hurt my stomach) but back to back to back, it's still hurt.

So I'm not going to school tomorrow, because I basically feel like total crap. So this whole weekend, I'm going to relax, and get more work on the comic done…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon