Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
skoolmunkee at 1:06PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(offline)
usedbooks
I have a job interview Friday. It's been so long since I've gotten one of those… It's a job I really want too. Part time, not the best pay (twice as much as my previous job), but it's in a natural history museum as an educator – which is the kind of position I've always wanted.

I'm just hoping I haven't been so worn away by all my recent failures that I get a defeatist attitude and blow the whole thing…

EDIT

There was a scheduling conflict (there's not mine), so the interview is Tuesday now. More time to prepare (or work myself into a panic).

Good luck! I would think that in a position for museum educator it would be a bonus to come off as really personable. In those types of interviews it's always been my personal goal to make the interviewer laugh.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
lba at 3:27PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
You could leave it on radiator for a while, or see if you can open it up and drain it. I've used both methods and the results ranged from great to making it much worse.

It'd probably be an even better idea to just buy a new one.

It's already dried out though. I can plug it in and open up files just fine, but I can't change them or save anything to it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
crocty at 4:09PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(offline)
Ahhhh, I just fell for a screamer on youtube and it's 12am I'm alone, in the dark, and those things creep the fuck outta me.

God I hate youtube. D:<

EDIT: God, WHAT A DICK. D:<
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Ironscarf at 6:50PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(offline)
Crocty
God I hate youtube. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
seventy2 at 7:14PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
oh wait, sorry to inform you, but you have gas heating, even tho we told you it was electric, you now owe us 3 months of gas bills since we've been paying for you. oh and we shut off your water, because you didnt pay it at the first of the month, even tho you had it set to standby, and told us you'd be gone until the end of the month. to turn your water back on, you us a 50$ service fee for turning it off, and 50$ service fee for turning it on. not to mention the actual water bill.

wait you're now flat broke? you're going to owe us another month then. all at once….tomorrow. fuckers. i now hate the world and all within.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
JoeL_CQB at 8:34PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
seventy2
oh wait, sorry to inform you, but you have gas heating, even tho we told you it was electric, you now owe us 3 months of gas bills since we've been paying for you. oh and we shut off your water, because you didnt pay it at the first of the month, even tho you had it set to standby, and told us you'd be gone until the end of the month. to turn your water back on, you us a 50$ service fee for turning it off, and 50$ service fee for turning it on. not to mention the actual water bill.

wait you're now flat broke? you're going to owe us another month then. all at once….tomorrow. fuckers. i now hate the world and all within.

your life suuucks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Ozoneocean at 9:34PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
lba
It's already dried out though. I can plug it in and open up files just fine, but I can't change them or save anything to it.
Can you copy the files to the hard drive and then just reformat the flash drive?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
lba at 10:00PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
lba
Can you copy the files to the hard drive and then just reformat the flash drive?

I've been trying that. I just can't quite figure out how to reformat the stupid thing. it used to be something I could do by right clicking with XP and I can't find the option in vista. But at least I've got my files and I'm thinking I might just end up buying a new one. It's kind of falling apart and they're not that expensive anyway.
Ozoneocean at 10:18PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
In Vista, you can do it by right clicking. The option to format should be just above the options to “Eject” and “Safely Remove”. :)
I'm not sure which file system is best to format Flash drives… probably Fat 32.
Ryuthehedgewolf at 3:40AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
Ugh. I've been taking exams at school for the past two days, and today is our last exams. Just Biology (had to retake a semester, due to me not doing ANYTHING), and then ELA.

I'm confident I'll pass both. I just need to go find out what my other exam scores are, since I didn't already do that like, yesterday.

Yesterday was a really lazy day for me, I did just about nothing on the comic. The only thing I really did was start the logo for my new layout. It's not going to be anything super fancy, I just want somethin new.

Also, I have tomorrow off from school, and today is a half day, so I suppose I have no room to complain about school this week, lmao.

Which reminds me, I totally need to do the Page layouts for Pages 17-33, since I'm stupid and didn't do them before. And after that, I'll finish up the rest of the pencils, and after THAT, I can finally ink and finish them. And then I can relax for about a week or so, and then get into Chapter 2.

I think I'll post two pages a week like, every other week when I finish this chapter. Who knows.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
HyenaHell at 5:19AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Man, I have some weird dreams. I hate it when they're “musicals”- who the hell has dreams in the form of musicals? The songs even rhyme.
One number I particularly recall was a satyric song called “I want to be thin”. For some reason it started off with all these 1960's-style women singing about how they wanted new bras, and got weirder from there- with all these women singing about how being skinny was more important that anything else. One of the women obviously had throat cancer. It was scary.
The end of the dream featured Richard Belzer on life support, in some kind of weird death scene/ assisted suicide involving the lead actress in the “I want to be thin” montage. But in the end, it's okay, because he'd faked his death.
There was also something to do with a guy who raised ants, and a bunch of creepy stuff.

W.T.F.!?!?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
HippieVan at 6:57AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Last day of first semester today, blargh. First semester was incredibly easy and I'm not looking forward to actually having to work.

Also, I keep making funny faces in the mirror and making myself laugh out loud.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
skoolmunkee at 8:14AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
I'm hungry :[ This is crummy because I'm not letting myself eat any snacks that aren't fruit or vegetables.

I WANT CRACKERS dangit
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Ironscarf at 12:26PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
Skoolmunkee
I'm hungry :[ This is crummy because I'm not letting myself eat any snacks that aren't fruit or vegetables.

I'm eating toast. With butter on it.

And raspberry jam.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
lba at 1:00PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
In Vista, you can do it by right clicking. The option to format should be just above the options to “Eject” and “Safely Remove”. :)
I'm not sure which file system is best to format Flash drives… probably Fat 32.

Apparently write protection means you can't reformat the damn thing even.

I'm just going to buy a new one.
HippieVan at 2:14PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
Skoolmunkee

I'm eating toast. With butter on it.

And raspberry jam.

I'm eating milk chocolate chips. :D
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Skullbie at 4:12PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
I was eating my leftover takeout, chow mein+mongolian beef+rice+eggroll bowl. Mmmmm ^__^

I had the nicest day out today.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
TheMidge28 at 5:58PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
This economy sucks balls!
Both my wife and I are afraid we will be without jobs.
Its hard especially with having a 2 year old and not knowing what tomorrow is going to bring.
I wish I had the resolve of those who had to live just like that and do currently in many places in the world.
I've seen poverty in third world countries first hand but there they could find a place and biuld a hut and live off the land as squatters. Here in America it doesn't roll that way. I am hoping things get better.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
lefarce at 7:12PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
So Youtube removed Jamie's World. All of it, and banned his account. I will find out who is responsible and ram their own balls down their throat. The only good new thing on that terrible pile of shit website is gone. D:<

^My face after finding this out.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Ozoneocean at 8:22PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee

I WANT CRACKERS dangit
Tea.

When I'm hungry and I can't be bothered making a proper meal and I haven't bothered to buy any snacks I find that if I have a cup of tea every time I feel the hunger pangs or get a craving it sets me right.

It works TOO well for me since I even tend to miss dinner and lunch and not notice till it's too late to make it. >_<

————————
OH DEAR GODS!!!
My HAT has arrived today.
In about an hour from now I will pick it up and see if it is truly as AWESOME as it's supposed to be.

Playing that mafias game is fun. More people should have joined in :)
HyenaHell at 8:40PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Tea.

When I'm hungry and I can't be bothered making a proper meal and I haven't bothered to buy any snacks I find that if I have a cup of tea every time I feel the hunger pangs or get a craving it sets me right.

It works TOO well for me since I even tend to miss dinner and lunch and not notice till it's too late to make it. >_<

That's ‘cause caffeine is an appetite suppressant. ;) S’how I keep my girlish figure.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
seventy2 at 8:51PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
i guess it isnt all bad…it could always get worse. (i have to say that, or shortly the gods of irony will step in.)

i'm pulling the 12 hour alone shift. until we go home. they think do to my wife's accident, i may be to distracted to safely do my job. i had to skip a season of battlestar gallactica, because the dude who owns the dvds only has season 1 &3. that jerk.

other rant stuff. stuff. luckily i have enough money to cover everything. it's just that, i have just enough money.

ironically, i was planning on paying the car off in two months….
facara
Black_Kitty at 9:03PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Playing that mafias game is fun. More people should have joined in :)

<3 <3 <3

Hopefully there will be a second game with more people~ <3
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
Ozoneocean at 10:30PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
my girlish figure.
I've been thinking of collecting those ^_^
Black_Kitty
Hopefully there will be a second game with more people~ <3
Hopefully! ^_^

We're only at the voting stage now and already I'm having a blast!
———————–

I have my hat. Truly it is the GOD of hats!
It's pretty large… They said “sheep fur” on the order thing, but it looks and feels more like… I dunno.
It's made of two types of fur, some stiffer type for the structured part at the bottom and softer fur for the unstructured half. The only sheep fur type I know is curly and even when straightened you can tell it pretty easily.

But I know there are other sheep breeds with different varieties out there… If not sheep then what? Dog? I hope not… The soft part definitely would not be dog in any case. Eh, there are lots of furry animals people use, I have no idea what fur types are normal to use in the Czech republic, which is where my hat comes from
-NOT Slovakia… Ever since Czechoslovakia split up I've always been confused. o_O

———————–

Anyway, This hat makes my already massive head twice as big! I have a gigantic fur covered head.

My beautiful white Cossack hat! ^__^

It was supposed to be this:
http://www.outfit4events.com/fur-hat-from-sheep-fur-p-2615.html

But it's more of a cross between that and this:
http://www.outfit4events.com/fur-hat-from-sheep-fur-p-2610.html

STill, it's magnificent, extremely well made, all natural materials (leather, felt and such), and arrived fast! I'll be buying from them again! :) :)

I'll post more pics of it in the photo thread. \^_^/
usedbooks at 10:46PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
Good luck! I would think that in a position for museum educator it would be a bonus to come off as really personable. In those types of interviews it's always been my personal goal to make the interviewer laugh.
I totally just got over my jitters. I went to the museum's website and saw that in February, they are adding a Darwin exhibit to run for the next few months. So, now I feel in my element. ^_^ Biogeography and Evolution were two of my favorite classes in grad school. My professor was always encouraging and spoke highly of me too. Anyway, suddenly the museum seems warm and familiar rather than being plunged into strange surroundings trying to pretend I'm competent/experienced.

Of course, it could still all go wrong – especially with the job market being so fierce. But now I'm excited just to visit the museum and look around. (Museums make me feel like a kid again. I want to run around and read everything. I'm such a dork.)

I volunteer at our little local fine art and history museum, so if I don't get that other job, I still get to give tours and other museum things here. I just don't get any money.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Ozoneocean at 10:52PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
Darwin
Ha! Darwin!
My HAT created the known universe and every single creature IN it.
Evolution is a lie!

This spake my hat. ^__^

———–
P.S. I'm joking. I hope you get that Job!
Ryuthehedgewolf at 11:00PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
lefarce
So Youtube removed Jamie's World. All of it, and banned his account. I will find out who is responsible and ram their own balls down their throat. The only good new thing on that terrible pile of shit website is gone. D:<

^My face after finding this out.

NO!
HOW CAN THIS BE!?!?!

Jamie's World was so awesome too.
Youtube is retarded now.
Basically just anime nerds, sonic the hedgehog fans, and boring people that think they're cool for some reason.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
seventy2 at 11:26PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Ryuthehedgewolf
boring people that think they're cool for some reason.

what about britanick? “Herpex didnt cure myyyy herpes!!”
—-

the guy who's dvd's i'm borrowing just delivered me some bad news….the bastard doesnt have the seasonfinale to battlestar galactica season 3. the douche, he left that disc at home. i'm thinking murder….but that'll double my workload.
facara
Ozoneocean at 11:46PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Ryuthehedgewolf
and boring people that think they're cool for some reason.
Dancing girl in the hat IS cool.

All I watch on Youtube are music vids.
Skullbie at 11:54PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
My beautiful white Cossack hat! ^__^

Oh wow that is pretty damn cool :), i thought you were just kidding and were gonna post some scary gay parade chieftain hat or ‘metaphor for your boss’ hat :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon