Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
PIT_FACE at 6:30PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
water seems to be the answer to a lot of things.chug a few glasses. hope you feel better. keep yer jaw loose too. tense jaw muscules can cause a lot of stress too. even if yer not aware of it. just keep it relaxed the best ya can. even rub yer temples a bit.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Skullbie at 7:23PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
@hippie

Drink some gatorade or just this stuff called ‘pedialite’. It's a tasteless electrolyte formula for babies people can drink, keeps water waterlicious.

When i was younger i used to get a mountain of headaches and stomach aches, now i never get them.(shit i probably jinxed myself…ffff i can almost feel a headache comming on…) But theu went away after i started drinking more water and exercising.
…or maybe it's because i'm on the computer so often nothing could possibly give me a headache? Hmm….
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Ozoneocean at 8:42PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
'pedialite'
Sounds icky…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
usedbooks at 8:55PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
A crazy, emotional inner demon tormented me until I got it “on paper.” It took the form of a fairytale/bedtime story form short story. Apparently, it was troubling my mind enough that I completed the story in two days. The weird thing is, I haven't written a complete story in over two years. o_0 I think I was possessed. It freaks me out a little because I could swear I'm not the one that wrote it. I know I was there, typing, but I don't recall actually *thinking* of any of it. I even fought against it. After writing the first paragraph, I closed Word without saving… twice… but I was compelled to start over (word for word) and save it. Anyway, now I have an emotion-driven “children's story” 4300 words long sitting in a folder on my computer, and I don't know what to do with it. I can't even come up with a title for the thing…

I guess I should just leave it there. At least I feel better. I was crying for three days straight and spouted out a weeping rant to my mom, making her cry too. Then I took a nap, woke up, and started typing. I also had headaches all last week, and those have vanished too. It's like I had some kind of malignant emotion surgically removed. Except now the excised tumor is sitting in a folder on my computer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Black_Kitty at 9:38PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Today I had a student come up to me at the end of class and on the last day of presentations to talk about her presenting her project. When asked why she did not come to me sooner instead of waiting until the very end when everything is over, the period is done, and everyone is done presenting, she replied “you know it's in my nature miss.”

I have not graduated from high school that long ago but yet for some reason I feel like I have stumbled onto some alien world. I would never have dreamed of doing that back when I was in high school. When I told her no, she asked why can't I just stay after school to watch her present.

I am so disappointed that she thinks this is completely acceptable behaviour when there is only three (now two) classes left before the exams. >.<
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
HippieVan at 10:03PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Thanks Pit_face and Skullbie, I'm feeling much better now and was able to go out to a movie with my dad. :)
I think I'm going to start carrying around a water bottle, hopefully that will help.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Bocaj at 10:23PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
I learned how to make animated gifs in GIMP!
(Thus the new avatar.)

I feel like a window has been opened in my life…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
lefarce at 11:36PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Bocaj
I learned how to make animated gifs in GIMP!
(Thus the new avatar.)

I feel like a window has been opened in my life…

In terms of GIF making when it comes to something that's playing (like a youtube video), Camtasia is the bet way to go. Example:

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
PIT_FACE at 7:06AM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
Thanks Pit_face and Skullbie, I'm feeling much better now and was able to go out to a movie with my dad. :)
I think I'm going to start carrying around a water bottle, hopefully that will help.

happy to hear it helped! ya know, it comes in handy when that special time of the month comes around too.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
HyenaHell at 7:25AM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
I woke up, went outside for a smoke, and… there's this crazy white stuff, all over the ground. Like, an inch of it. What the hell, man? I'm sorry, but yet more proof that North Carolina is not “The South”. Man, I can't wait to move. Brrrrr.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
mechanical_lullaby at 7:39AM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
A crazy, emotional inner demon tormented me until I got it “on paper.” It took the form of a fairytale/bedtime story form short story. Apparently, it was troubling my mind enough that I completed the story in two days. The weird thing is, I haven't written a complete story in over two years. o_0 I think I was possessed. It freaks me out a little because I could swear I'm not the one that wrote it. I know I was there, typing, but I don't recall actually *thinking* of any of it. I even fought against it. After writing the first paragraph, I closed Word without saving… twice… but I was compelled to start over (word for word) and save it. Anyway, now I have an emotion-driven “children's story” 4300 words long sitting in a folder on my computer, and I don't know what to do with it. I can't even come up with a title for the thing…

I guess I should just leave it there. At least I feel better. I was crying for three days straight and spouted out a weeping rant to my mom, making her cry too. Then I took a nap, woke up, and started typing. I also had headaches all last week, and those have vanished too. It's like I had some kind of malignant emotion surgically removed. Except now the excised tumor is sitting in a folder on my computer.
Experiment time! Can I read it and see if I start getting headaches and otherwise ill symptoms? Seriously.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
usedbooks at 9:00AM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
Experiment time! Can I read it and see if I start getting headaches and otherwise ill symptoms? Seriously.
I think, at most, you'll just get pissed off for wasting your time. It's like a children's story. Even has an animal protagonist – which I NEVER do, and is more evidence to support the theory that *I* didn't write it.
mechanical_lullaby at 10:00AM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
mechanical_lullaby
I think, at most, you'll just get pissed off for wasting your time. It's like a children's story. Even has an animal protagonist – which I NEVER do, and is more evidence to support the theory that *I* didn't write it.
lol. If I get pissed off and that's one of the symptoms then the experiment would have been a success!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
lefarce at 10:41AM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
I woke up on the floor again, and I needed something to eat, so I went down the street to Monty's Grill. “What'll it be?” Said Monty, sporting a wry grin. “Just give me the usual, Monty” I said. Monty just scratched his head, and said “What is that again?”

The usual was a Utah burger with cheese fries and a Coke.
Monty knew that, I had been coming there everyday for the last four years.
Then I began to realise, the man behind the counter was the IMPOSTER!!

Today sucks. D:<

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
JoeL_CQB at 12:23PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
lefarce
I woke up on the floor again, and I needed something to eat, so I went down the street to Monty's Grill. “What'll it be?” Said Monty, sporting a wry grin. “Just give me the usual, Monty” I said. Monty just scratched his head, and said “What is that again?”

The usual was a Utah burger with cheese fries and a Coke.
Monty knew that, I had been coming there everyday for the last four years.
Then I began to realise, the man behind the counter was the IMPOSTER!!

Today sucks. D:<

i woke up on a bench in a park this morning. :S
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
HyenaHell at 12:40PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
Still snowing! 3 inches so far, and no signs of letting up. I haven't seen this much snow on the ground* in… God, 10 years? Plus no one here knows how to drive in the snow. It's a damned white-out and they don't even have their lights on!

*(In a place where I actually resided; saw snow in the Alps and the Sierras, but those were visits, and also quite a few years ago.)
Ozoneocean at 1:15PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
snow
Lucky.
It's warm here…
Coming back from feeding the cat in the dark this morning, I walked right into a low table with a fan on it.
My knee still hurts. Grrrrrr!
Stupid Summer!
usedbooks at 1:29PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
Still snowing! 3 inches so far, and no signs of letting up. I haven't seen this much snow on the ground* in… God, 10 years? Plus no one here knows how to drive in the snow. It's a damned white-out and they don't even have their lights on!

*(In a place where I actually resided; saw snow in the Alps and the Sierras, but those were visits, and also quite a few years ago.)
I know how you feel – sorta. The difference is that I just moved to a place where it doesn't snow. I've lived with snow most of my life.

However, it snowed here today. And I learned that around here a single snowflake ot temperatures in the teens is enough to call off school (my dad is a teacher). I find it all very amusing because I remember my dad shoveling snow out of our driveway so we could get to school when the temperature was in the single digits and the snow was piled three feet deep (and over 6 feet in snow drifts).
skoolmunkee at 2:26PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(offline)
I've done three brand new comic pages in 3 days and I'm feelin' pretty awesome! (Well, the third one will be done in like… an hour)

Edit: now it's done
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
seventy2 at 10:11PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
when i lived in arkansas, i saw snow for the first time. it was like an inch, and they canceled school. i moved to indiana, and that christmas, we had crazy snow. school wasnt canceled, and the bus got stuck in our yard. then i bought a snow board, and it snowed very little over the next 6 years. then i left for basic, and it snowed in may there.
————

i had a rant, but all this talk about snow made me forget…..maybe i'll be back later…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Ozoneocean at 10:43PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
seventy2
i had a rant, but all this talk about snow made me forget.
Snow is GOOOOOOOD! ^___^
seventy2 at 12:44AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
that it is senior ocean, that it is.
————

here's one. i want another tattoo. of what? i have no idea. i've designed the two i have, and had the designs sitting around for 4 years each before i got the tattoo. and i havent been on the creative side of tattoo's for quite some time…and now i'm looking thru them, and they dont look original enough, or i cant think of where i'd put the ones i do like…ianno. maybe if i had my music and a pencil and some paper. hell, then i could get my comic done, and maybe some tattoo's as a side effect.

where was i going with this?
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
gullas at 5:32AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(offline)
get piglet as a tattoo! ^_^

I was in sociology today … have to do more homework -.-*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Skullbie at 7:45AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
I got a really crummy haircut the other day -_- It seems like everytime i let a guy stylist do my hair he either completely ignores what i said(keep the length you faggot) or is just crappy at cutting anything but guys hair.
Whatever i guess it'll grow back, i'm wondering if i should call and complain…eh.

On the bright side i came up with an excellent idea for a new comic, one that's easy to fill in too. It's a fantasy, but not really.
Custard Trout at 10:03AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(offline)
Wow. I can't even remember the last time I had a haircut. I think it's been almost a year now?
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
HyenaHell at 10:24AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
Call and complain about the crummy haircut. Maybe you'll get a free one out of it.

The first and last haircut I paid for was the week before I moved away to college. I have no idea how I was coerced into doing that, but it definitely couldn't have been my idea. The results? When my hair was wet, I totally had a mullet; when it was dry, I closely resembled Jon Bon Jovi circa 1996. Very unfortunate.
usedbooks at 10:33AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
I have a job interview Friday. It's been so long since I've gotten one of those… It's a job I really want too. Part time, not the best pay (twice as much as my previous job), but it's in a natural history museum as an educator – which is the kind of position I've always wanted.

I'm just hoping I haven't been so worn away by all my recent failures that I get a defeatist attitude and blow the whole thing…

EDIT

There was a scheduling conflict (there's not mine), so the interview is Tuesday now. More time to prepare (or work myself into a panic).
Skullbie at 11:04AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
Call and complain about the crummy haircut. Maybe you'll get a free one out of it.

Done :) Well I'm going in on friday for the manager to fix it for free
lba at 11:24AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
I have a job interview Friday. It's been so long since I've gotten one of those… It's a job I really want too. Part time, not the best pay (twice as much as my previous job), but it's in a natural history museum as an educator – which is the kind of position I've always wanted.

I'm just hoping I haven't been so worn away by all my recent failures that I get a defeatist attitude and blow the whole thing…

EDIT

There was a scheduling conflict (there's not mine), so the interview is Tuesday now. More time to prepare (or work myself into a panic).

Just relax, go in with the attitude that you want it and are going to get it so you're confident and just show them what you know.

I dunked my flash drive in the toilet by accident along with my my keys and now every time I try to save anything or copy anything off of it it tells me it's write protected. I don't know what the heck that means. Anybody here know how I can fix it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Custard Trout at 11:32AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(offline)
lba
I dunked my flash drive in the toilet by accident along with my my keys and now every time I try to save anything or copy anything off of it it tells me it's write protected. I don't know what the heck that means. Anybody here know how I can fix it?

You could leave it on radiator for a while, or see if you can open it up and drain it. I've used both methods and the results ranged from great to making it much worse.

It'd probably be an even better idea to just buy a new one.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon