Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
HippieVan at 8:59PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
My best friend and I play badminton with some guys from a group home. We were hanging out with our favourite, pretty delinquent today and one of the other guys kept popping up and talking all gangsta and gibberish and saying “Don't push your luck” over and over…then he'd say “Okay, I'll leave you guys alone now,” leave for a minute and then come back and do the same thing. He also called us some name that I didn't understand. What a weirdo.

warefish
I'm bored and depressed out of my fucking mind…

SOMEONEGIVEMEAHUG!!!

EDIT: doesn't go too well with the avatar does it…

You gave me one the other day and made me feel better, so…
*bear hug!*
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
lefarce at 9:12PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
Someone
*bear hug!*

That was un-BEAR-able!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Ozoneocean at 9:47PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
It's very… eighties.
Isn't everything at the moment?
It's so depressing… The 80's really did give us some of the ugliest, clunky, awful stuff. My eyes are offended at the searing fluorescent clashing clolours and horrible chunky patterns on people's clothing. I just don''t understand why they would BUY that crap??!!
Even back in the 80's when it was FIRST popular I wouldn't be seen dead in that shit.

What's the thinking?
“I want to dress as if all I have to wear is what my half insane 78 year old grandmother picked out for me at the ultra-ultra-ultra cheap shit clothes place that half insane 78 year old grandmothers shop for their grandkids. YEAH!!! I'll even throw in a Faux-hawk and shitty white plastic sunglasses! MAN I look frikken AMAZING NOW!!! WOOOOOOOOO-HOOOO!!”

A lot of the DVD players and stuff I was looking at at the 80's disease too. Lucky I got a nicer one… Didn't feel like shopping at all today in the end. I just want to draw.
usedbooks
If my sister can't find a home for her cat before she leaves Japan, she'll have to ship it here. And the cat has herpes and a few other health troubles that could pass to our cats here.
Aw, it's a blessing. Cats are lovely ^_^
It'll make friends with your rats :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
usedbooks at 9:59PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
usedbooks
If my sister can't find a home for her cat before she leaves Japan, she'll have to ship it here. And the cat has herpes and a few other health troubles that could pass to our cats here.
Aw, it's a blessing. Cats are lovely ^_^
It'll make friends with your rats :)
She got it settled. She contacted an American cat rescue group located in Japan, and the lady in charge said they could set her cat up in foster care until they made a transfer to the US in May. So my sis doesn't have to worry about shipping the cat or what to do with her while she makes her side trip to Australia.

And we have until May to figure out housing… (The vet said her cat is probably not contagious since she had only one outbreak – which was many months ago. However, I know her old cat here in the US will certainly hate new kitty.)

…Most cats are not fond of my rat army. They think cats are walking balls of bedding and like to grab furry tails. That tends to startle kitties who aren't used to their toys and snacks harassing them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
warefish at 10:02PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
Thank you Hippie. I feel much better now. :)

lefarce
That was un-BEAR-able!
Oh dear…

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
lefarce at 10:42PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
This is more of a share than anything. This video just made my fucking day. There is this video blogger who I found on youtube, and all i did was subscribe to his video and… wow. Stick around for his shout-outs. They are the greatest.

Jah-farce, youre a sub!

Terminal at 12:00AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
lefarce
Someone
*bear hug!*

That was un-BEAR-able!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
Ozoneocean at 12:32AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
…Most cats are not fond of my rat army.
Aww… I was thinking of all those rat and cat BFF pics you see on the cute cat pic sites…

But then I remember how freaked out my cats would get around my rabbit. :(
Hope your sis enjoys Aus!
lefarce
Jah-farce, youre a sub!
Woo, you and the T-salad. \^_^/

I wonder what it'd be like to make yourself into a cartoon like that guy…? I don't just mean the headgear, I mean the hairstyle and all the rest, the whole look. There's nothing wrong with it of course, I think it's really cool actually, but I'm curious. Do people just notice themselves going that way and think “well bugger it! I'm going the whole hog!!” You know, sort of going with the flow and accepting your inner personal caricature?
SarahN at 1:12AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
In other news my new puppy is determined to kill my other, four year old dog. I understand she's little and hyper, but she never gives him a break and bites him HARD sometimes. =/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
HyenaHell at 2:03AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Ug. I have to go see my doctor in the morning. Yet another exciting installment of “What do I pay you people for, anyhow?”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
bravo1102 at 5:27AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
Hyena H_ll
Ug. I have to go see my doctor in the morning. Yet another exciting installment of “What do I pay you people for, anyhow?”

For on the average fifteen minutes of attention, jerking and poking and then a prescription that may be a shot in the dark.

It beats dying of the common cold after being bled to release the bad humours or being stuck in bed for the last thirty years of your life with “melancholia”

What's your choice?

The optimist knows we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is so.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ozoneocean at 6:31AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Doctors shmoctors… Unless you've got cancer or a broken arm you're on your own :P

Oh, they're ok. It's just that we expect too much. I suppose it's just really hard to know what's wrong with people unless it's fairly obvious.
—————–

I just saw “Step Brothers”. Why didn't someone tell me how bad that was. It was worse than Meet the Spartans! It did have its funny moments (unlike Spartans), but it was TERRIBLE!
Honestly truly poorly done. It was almost as bad as Another Kind of Slapstick, and that's pretty bad.

Watching it all the way through was a sad and pathetic feat of endurance, akin to being an emo and seeing how much you can cut yourself.

Why did no one warn me??!!! -_-
Custard Trout at 7:17AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
It was a trail of manhood. You need several because you don't look like a man at all.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
CharleyHorse at 7:44AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
That's cold Custard Trout . . . nicely played though.

Bad movies stick with a person. They are evil and should be expunged from the universe . . . unless one is playing a drinking game and hunting for tropes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
bravo1102 at 8:57AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
I watch bad movies on a regular basis.

Be a man among men.

Making bad movies is an artform onto its self.
HyenaHell at 9:38AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
@ bravo1102: Hehehehe- “bad humours”. So very Victorian. I should go in and be all like, “Arg, it's that miasma!”
Back in the olden days of high school, my mom wrote me a note to excuse an absence once that claimed I was out because of a severe case of “general malaise”. Really I just wanted to stay home and draw, and ma was pretty accepting of my hatred for school.

Naw, this doc is a special kind of “talking doctor”; which honestly makes it even more of a rip-off. I shell out a hundred bucks to listen to this rich lady pretend like she can relate to me, all for the privilege of her name on a piece of paper that allows me to go shell out another couple hundred bucks for pills. The “mental health” industry is a total scam. Drug dealers and con-artists they are. ;)
Custard Trout at 9:42AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
It's easy to call therapy a scam when there's nothing actually wrong with you.
HyenaHell at 10:35AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
It's easy to call therapy a scam when there's nothing actually wrong with you.

Nah, I'm just exaggerating and making blanket generalizations, as usual. Therapy's not always a scam; I'm just cynical. Can't find a decent shrink since I moved to a small town. Plus (in my experience) there's not much they can do for bipolar disorder besides dope you up or put you in a hospital. Neither are particularly fun.
Custard Trout at 11:21AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
Wait, does that mean I've inadvertently said something insensitive? Cool, that's four times today. A new personnel record.
Ozoneocean at 2:13PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
you don't look like a man at all.
With this current avi I look like the Disney version of Goat CX.
Truly, the ozone hole is massive!
Custard Trout
Wait, does that mean I've inadvertently said something insensitive? Cool, that's four times today. A new personnel record.
You're not insensitive, just rude in a petulant way that''s very common on the net.

When you're not being funny :)
Custard Trout at 2:27PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
With this current avi I look like the Disney version of Goat CX.

I thought that was what you actually looked like.
Ozoneocean at 2:40PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
thought that was what you actually looked like.
No. More like the real Goatcx
HyenaHell at 2:53PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout

Eh, I view “sensitivity” as a form of weakness anyway. ;)
bravo1102 at 3:49PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
I used to be cynical about my therapists, then the bastards threw it right back in my face, called me out and then buried me in sarcasm. I then realized how ridiculous and distorted and flat out wrong my thought processes were.

It only took me 20 years of therapy to find the right therapists. lol!

Accumulating more reasons to not update my comic!
Skullbie at 4:57PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
So this morning i was driving into town when i saw a ton of cop cars at a neighbors house, I did that ‘slow down to look but not slow enough to seem like i am’ and thought “hmm i wonder what they did” and “that guy looks just like my father”. Then i forgot about it within 3 minutes.

I get home and hear from dad that the kid there had stolen a ton of stuff and was selling it on ebay, a harley davidson, bunch of electronics, machinery–all stolen and kept in a shed there. My dads work was recently robbed, along with 5 others in the area, so that's why they called him over there to see if any of the stuff was his.(wasn't) I don't think the area's ever been robbed this often(we're usually crime free) i wonder if it's like a ring of super robbers in meth labs somewhere who wear wifebeaters and say ‘mothufuckers’ as a replacement for adjectives that they never learned in school because they were to busy smoking pot that was basically cloves from a kid who would later get caught and all the lockers in the school removed because he stashed it there.
That last part is true, my shitty middle school, it awrightt mothufuckers.

Edit: oh yeah, and the father of the thief kid seriously said to the cops- not making this up; “he said he bought it off ebay”
:)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 5:09PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
lefarce
Someone
I loooove life. Even with the horrible economy, I'm finding paradise in all of this.

May I ask how old you are?

Because I get paid 12.65 an hour and even I'm tight on cash. It seems that the economy is somewhat related here since you brought it up, and I want to know how well youre doing money-wise.

Also, can you loan me a few bucks, 'chasen?

I'm 16. Hahaha.
That would probably be why.
Only reason why I said I find paradise is, I hear everybody always talking depressingly about it. And we're always so tight for money. And people that are like, in their fourties are taking jobs away from kids like us. Especially in Michigan. :|
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
lefarce at 6:38PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Someone
I'm 16. Hahaha.

That is exactly why. The recession is great assuming youre under, like, 18 years of age, or live with someone willing to pay for your food/heat/water. Enjoy it while you can, seriously.

Life just gets crushingly depressing once you move out and face reality.

seventy2 at 6:57PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
lefarce

i have yet to face this.
———–

it seems like work is against me and my wife. the whole time she was here i was working every other day. but now she leaves in a couple days, and i get the next 4 days off. of which she'll be here for 1-1/2. it's against me.

also i havent found any movies of intrest lately. and also my favorite subber of naruto, has quit subbing naruto due to funimation taking it up. apparently their quality sucks. and now i'm upset because funimation will only stream the new episode for a week, and no downloads allowed…..
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 7:38PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
lefarce
Someone
I'm 16. Hahaha.

That is exactly why. The recession is great assuming youre under, like, 18 years of age, or live with someone willing to pay for your food/heat/water. Enjoy it while you can, seriously.

I definitely am. I'm not even taking it for granted either. I help my parents around the house whenever they ask. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Ozoneocean at 8:46PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
Eh, I view “sensitivity” as a form of weakness anyway. ;)
American Pie suggests doubling up on condoms.

That's another film that wasn't very good, but was certainly better than Step Brothers!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon