Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
HyenaHell at 10:28PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Ha. The “American Pie” series is among the list of movies for which I have gone out of my way to avoid watching. “Titanic” is another one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
lefarce at 12:54AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
Ha. The “American Pie” series is among the list of movies for which I have gone out of my way to avoid watching. “Titanic” is another one.

That would be best.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
bravo1102 at 4:09AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(offline)
This is exactly why I watch schlock low-budget exploitation movies. Low expectations and if they're good, wow.

Some of the indie horror films are very inventive onw aht they do on tight budgets and it's fun to watch for goofs. Some effects are very well done and others are obviously the result of someone's trip to the butcher shop.

Titanic in over three hours had two good parts; Kate's posing scene and Leo drowning. I just stick to A Night to Remember.

And now the unwritten law of SNL alums: Five years after leaving the show they are cursed to become horribly unfunny and become a form of torture at Gitmo. Tina Fey has a few months left. Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy and Chevy Chase are pretty pathetic these days. Hopefully Wil Ferrel will fade away soon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
mechanical_lullaby at 7:02AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
This is exactly why I watch schlock low-budget exploitation movies. Low expectations and if they're good, wow.

Some of the indie horror films are very inventive onw aht they do on tight budgets and it's fun to watch for goofs. Some effects are very well done and others are obviously the result of someone's trip to the butcher shop.

Titanic in over three hours had two good parts; Kate's posing scene and Leo drowning. I just stick to A Night to Remember.

And now the unwritten law of SNL alums: Five years after leaving the show they are cursed to become horribly unfunny and become a form of torture at Gitmo. Tina Fey has a few months left. Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy and Chevy Chase are pretty pathetic these days. Hopefully Wil Ferrel will fade away soon.
I disagree with Bill Murray. The Life Aquatic was amazing.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Ozoneocean at 8:52AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
I disagree with Bill Murray. The Life Aquatic was amazing.
I endorse this heartily! It's one of my all time faves.

And I also have successfully avoided Titanic thus far.
—————-

Gah. I was stupid today. I decided to spend the morning in bed. I woke up with a migraine. It's 1:51am now and I still have it. So I spent most of today and now the night in bed. Wasted day. -_-
It's too hot to do anything here anyway.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
lefarce at 9:02AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
Was he also in Lost in Translation, because I need to see that too. Groundhog's Day is still his best work. Bill driving off a cliff with an anamatronic groundhog is just… it's fantastic.

skoolmunkee at 10:01AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(offline)
He was in Lost in Translation but that wasn't a comedy. I didn't like it much myself, although if you enjoy Scarlet Johanssen walking around in her panties a lot you should give it a try. Otherwise it's a pretty boring movie about a bored middle aged guy and a bored 20-something girl who feel stuck in their lives (and are in japan) and hang out together and get kind of close to kissing but don't.

Groundhog day is art, though. I need to buy that. Hm, birthday coming up….
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
CharleyHorse at 10:42AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Gah. I was stupid today. I decided to spend the morning in bed. I woke up with a migraine. It's 1:51pm now and I still have it. So I spent most of today and now the night in bed. Wasted day. -_-
It's too hot to do anything here anyway.

ozoneocean, have you tried something like Yoga to help lessen the frequency of these migraine attacks? Yoga and even Tai Chi tend to keep the body stretched out more than normal and that might relieve some of the stress tendencies. Obviously I am not talking cure here, but it might be worth investigating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
usedbooks at 12:14PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
When did my cat become so high maintenance? If I don't comb her for at least a half hour a day, her fur forms mats that have to be cut out. When I first moved back home, she was so bad that I had to cut all the fur on her hind legs, back, and belly almost right to the skin. She looked like a hacked up poodle/lion or something. I get so much fur off this cat just by her daily combing that I could probably stuff a pillow a week. How the heck can cat hair defy all laws of logic like that? When she was younger, I never had to groom her. And by younger, I don't mean a kitten, I mean even when she was 8 or 9 years old. Sheesh. (And her equally furry sister never needs brushed but used to need constant brushing…)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
HyenaHell at 12:26PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
When she was younger, I never had to groom her. And by younger, I don't mean a kitten, I mean even when she was 8 or 9 years old. Sheesh. (And her equally furry sister never needs brushed but used to need constant brushing…)

Well, obviously she's let herself go as she's gotten older. Heh.
That's weird. No idea. But the only experience I've had with cat hair is along the lines of “Oh, hey- look, some cat hair…*at which point, I break into hives, swell up, and can't breathe*”. But if it were a dog, I'd shave it. Doesn't seem like you can do that to kitties, though… can you?
usedbooks at 12:40PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
usedbooks
When she was younger, I never had to groom her. And by younger, I don't mean a kitten, I mean even when she was 8 or 9 years old. Sheesh. (And her equally furry sister never needs brushed but used to need constant brushing…)
Well, obviously she's let herself go as she's gotten older. Heh.
That's weird. No idea. But the only experience I've had with cat hair is along the lines of “Oh, hey- look, some cat hair…*at which point, I break into hives, swell up, and can't breathe*”. But if it were a dog, I'd shave it. Doesn't seem like you can do that to kitties, though… can you?
The sound scares her (at which point, I become quite lacerated…). I might give her another haircut. She looks quite pathetic with her hair cut, but luckily, she adores being touched, so I can groom her however I need to. I still have to bathe her once a month too. I started that (for fleas) when she was a kitten. She doesn't get fleas anymore (indoor cat, and we moved), but I do it to keep her coat under control.

The answer for her sister is actually easy. That cat used to run through the woods and roll in dirt. Now she spends 99% of her day doing a very good impression of a throw pillow.

(BTW, I'm mildly allergic to her too. Thankfully, no hives or anything. She used to give me asthma attacks but hasn't for a few years.)
Skullbie at 1:55PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
I'm playing a game called ‘time hollow’. Kinda spooky But really unique in a way, a far cry from gba games i used to play *feels old*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
skoolmunkee at 2:08PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(offline)
usedbooks
When did my cat become so high maintenance? If I don't comb her for at least a half hour a day, her fur forms mats that have to be cut out. When I first moved back home, she was so bad that I had to cut all the fur on her hind legs, back, and belly almost right to the skin. She looked like a hacked up poodle/lion or something. I get so much fur off this cat just by her daily combing that I could probably stuff a pillow a week. How the heck can cat hair defy all laws of logic like that? When she was younger, I never had to groom her. And by younger, I don't mean a kitten, I mean even when she was 8 or 9 years old. Sheesh. (And her equally furry sister never needs brushed but used to need constant brushing…)

If the cat is older, she may have trouble keeping herself clean, so she's grooming herself less. It's not easy to lick your own stomach. Also it's winter, so more fur. :)

It could also be her food- pet food has a direct impact on teeth, fur, poop, etc. If her food has too much fat in it (or as she ages, is less able to process the fat) then her fur becomes more oily and more likely to stick together. Most pet food bought in grocery stores is utter crap, especially the kibble type.

Depending on finances, you might try a Furminator, which is a new type of brush that is fantastic at getting out shed fur and so on.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
seventy2 at 2:21PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
i want to rant. but i cant form words right now…..i guess that's my rant…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
usedbooks at 3:36PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
Depending on finances, you might try a Furminator, which is a new type of brush that is fantastic at getting out shed fur and so on.
I'll have to look into that. Changing the food is probably out of the question because they are on the only brand and formula that doesn't make them sick. (Old cats, sensitive stomachs and all that.) Yeah, April does have her winter coat now, and she's nearly 15 years old. I'll just keep brushing her. It's a nice bonding thing, but I'm amazed at all the fur that comes off her, and I hate pulling at mats, because I know it has to hurt sometimes. I wish I could spin that fur into yarn or something. (And then knit super allergenic sweaters!)

Her sister coughs up a lot of hairballs, so she probably should be brushed too (but she HATES it). :-/ They are on an internal hairball preventative thing.

Longhaired cats have so many needs you don't anticipate when you're used to short hair… They also make combs and things super charged with static! Oh, and litter sticks to the long fur between their toes, which is extra gross. My cat refuses to clean her feet. I drop her into a bathtub of shallow water when they get bad. It wasn't so bad when she was young and active, but now she's nearly as lazy as I am.

EDIT

Looked it up. Yikes. No way could I afford that. :( I would if I could. I just might have to give her another ugly hair cut.
lefarce at 7:22PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
He was in Lost in Translation but that wasn't a comedy. I didn't like it much myself, although if you enjoy Scarlet Johanssen walking around in her panties a lot you should give it a try. Otherwise it's a pretty boring movie about a bored middle aged guy and a bored 20-something girl who feel stuck in their lives (and are in japan) and hang out together and get kind of close to kissing but don't.

Groundhog day is art, though. I need to buy that. Hm, birthday coming up….

I would buy you Groundhog's Day for your birfday, but I wouldnt know where to send it and I'm not going to be some creep and say “HEY SKOOL WHERE DO YOU LIIIIVE”. I mean it's like, what, 14 bucks?

Also I know Lost isnt a comedy, but I still want to see it really bad. I hate to admit it, but I'm a sucker for those corny love movies. :/

Also I'm in a pretty good mood. I've turned over a new leaf, so to speak, and I'm putting all this pity and depression behind. This place really is awful, and it's hard moving from everyone I cared about, but if I just mope about it, what good will it do me?

Just as well though, theres still some things I need to settle. If I dont, I think I'll kick my ass about it for a long time.

HyenaHell at 9:37PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
lefarce
Also I know Lost isnt a comedy, but I still want to see it really bad. I hate to admit it, but I'm a sucker for those corny love movies. :/
I wouldn't call it a corny love movie, either- my brain's not in the descriptive-type mode to call it anything right now, actually. It's not for everyone. But I recommend it, and I don't dig too many movies.
"lefarce
Also I'm in a pretty good mood. I've turned over a new leaf, so to speak, and I'm putting all this pity and depression behind. This place really is awful, and it's hard moving from everyone I cared about, but if I just mope about it, what good will it do me?
Good for you! I'm still working on that whole “moping about being in an awful place” thing, three years and some change down the line. ;)
lba at 9:54PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
blech. I'm beginning to think that the surgery I got to correct the problem with my back didn't fix the problem. The whole mess got started with an infection and I'm thinking they somehow missed part of the infection when they removed it which means it'll just come back. I know it was only a 50/50 chance that the surgery would work, but I was so damn hopeful that it might because it's been so painful since it first started causing problems back in October. It seems like such a stupid simple little thing but it just won't piss off and let me be comfortable for even 5 minutes.

I just want to be able to sit down like a normal fucking human being again without searing pain from the skin over my tailbone, so making art can stop being related to suffering.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
skoolmunkee at 11:34PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(offline)
lefarce: I meant buying it as a gift for myself :) I can afford £4 on top of whatever 360 game I get myself. But that is a nice gesture coming from someone I used to hope I could forum ban. lol!

Good for you on your new non-moping direction. Sometimes it's really difficult to get out of that kind of thinking, but when you're ready it's so easy and everything feels so much better.

Iba: That really sucks. I can't imagine having to need surgery or being in that kind of pain. We were all hoping it worked too. Is there something else they can do?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
seventy2 at 4:35AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
i like lefarce's new leaf turning thingy. 100% less douche bag.
———-

i'm upset with myself that i was upset with my wife the last day she was here. i mean, it's not really her fault. we were supposed to go on a mini-cruise thingy out to a really small island beach out east of this island. there was going to be snorkeling and a bbq, and apparently some old forts and such. but when we were jumping off the cliff, she landed on her but and hurt her tail bone, and was in too much pain to actually sit on a boat, or sit really. so i made the decision to not go. but then i was upset and kinda blamed her. i never out right said it, but i kinda did pay less attention to her. and now i feel super guilty…..
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
warefish at 4:40AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
Whoa. lba man. I'm so sorry.

I know it won't do much, but I really think you deserve a cyber hag as well.

*HUG*

Hope you get better man!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
usedbooks at 4:42AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
Well, I can't sleep. I've tried all night. My pillow and bed are too hot. There's a wrinkle that keeps magically appearing in my sheets, which cuts into my back like a sword. I also had a bit of sleep apnea (which I haven't had in years, and it scares me to death…) and I am incredibly cold and hot all at once. I thought I had a fever, but I took my temperature on a reliable thermometer (when I feel well, it always says 98.7), and it say's my temperature is 95. – I have no idea what that means…

So… I've changed all my bedding, put on socks and gloves, got a bag of crushed ice for my head and traded my pillow for a folded up comforter (it helps… don't ask me why). And now I'm going to try again. With any luck, my brain will shut up, my sheets will behave, my body will find a homogeneous temperature to stick to, and I'll be able to breathe without stopping unexpectedly.

I hope.
warefish at 6:18AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
Same with me (the “can't sleep” part)… good luck!! ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
Skullbie at 7:29AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
School is starting this wednesday, this also means ‘guilt of wasting parents money’ month since I don't know what i'm gonna do with my life.
I wouldn't mind being a lawyer(I'd be great at it really) but school for it is very expensive, also i'd probably get stuck defending guilty people.
*sigh* I just want to pick a job that'll be safe in the shitty economy…(besides nursingno way in hell i'll do that)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
lba at 8:24AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
Thanks guys. Cyber hugs are always appreciated.

Unfortunately for me, there isn't much of anything else they can do about it other than tell me to live with it. There's nothing that can clear it up short of just removing everything. That's what makes it so dang frustrating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
lefarce at 9:26AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
seventy2
i like lefarce's new leaf turning thingy. 100% less douche bag.
———-

Oh no I'm still a douche. I'm just not going to be a douche who feels sorry for himself like I have been in the last two/three months since I moved.

Scheiden at 10:37AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(offline)
School just started but I already have a fuck ton of works and projects in front of me. My schedule is not as bad as last term but the schedule for my subject's supposed deadlines are strict. I must comply or I might left behind. I must also be careful not to be absent in any class or else it'll be FREAKING HARD to catch up again. I don't want to have a grade of 2 or 3 for this semester. MUST HAVE GRADE OF 1

((X__X))

I can't sleep. It's 2:00 AM here and I have to go for school at 4:00 AM or 4:300 AM so I could see my girlfriend early at school. Bitch made me cry and we have to talk things over.

Damn I wish I was just a kid again, just thinking of the toys that I'd like to play with and avoid the belt of uncle and the butt-slappings of my grandmother ;A;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
skoolmunkee at 11:20AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(offline)
usedbooks
can't sleep
cold and hot all at once
95 < 98.7
I have no idea what that means…

Purdy classic hypothyroidism there
IT'S OLD BATMAN
usedbooks at 11:30AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
usedbooks
can't sleep
cold and hot all at once
95 < 98.7
I have no idea what that means…

Purdy classic hypothyroidism there
Really? Maybe that's why my joints hurt and a can't lose weight.

Sigh. I wish I had health insurance.
skoolmunkee at 12:17PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(offline)
usedbooks
Really? Maybe that's why my joints hurt and a can't lose weight.

Unfortunately probably yes. :[ There's no medicare or something you could apply for?
IT'S OLD BATMAN

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon