Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
HippieVan at 6:23PM, Jan. 18, 2009
(online)
I feel horrible. My head and stomach hurt and I'm really tired and just generally feeling blecchy. And I have my early morning tomorrow…hopefully we're still watching a movie in Geo so I can get some rest first slot.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Croi Dhubh at 9:50PM, Jan. 18, 2009
(offline)
subcultured
thanks for showing tact, yer a really nice person.
i wanna hangout with you.
be my friend.

and wow thats an impressive computer specs.
i like to know more.
wow! GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP!!!!!

OMG omg o.m.g.

artic cooling freezer! that is wicked cool.
I bet yer Gonna play the HELL out of that bitch, let me tell you!
Obviously I'm not that nice of a person, but yes, I do catch your sarcasm.

Bottom high-end build. I refuse to do mediocre PC specs when I make a computer.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
JoeL_CQB at 9:55PM, Jan. 18, 2009
(online)
Croi Dhubh
What's the new build look like? Well here it is:

EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card (Packaged with Far Cry 2!!!!)

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8600

OCZ Vista Upgrade 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) DualbChannel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2VU8002GK

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model iHAS120-08

Total: $862.54 (includes shipping)

that's quite a build. i need to update my cpu from a pentium d to a core 2 duo. it's the only thing that is outdated.

although i do want to build a new one specifically for running CS4 and pictures that have 1 gigapixels resolution. that'll will run around $2000.

stupid 6 year oldness being limited to 4gb memory.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
skoolmunkee at 10:55PM, Jan. 18, 2009
(offline)
Croi Dhubh
computer

I swear I have seen this post before…
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
HyenaHell at 12:00AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Good news: I've got 26/32 pages of my second chapter inked.
Bad news: My hand is going to fall off.
Good news: I have begun to identify and categorize the specific pains associated with each type of mark-making: pinky and index= repeated curved lines; middle finger = large areas of cross-hatching; pointer finger = small areas of cross-hatching, and linework.

Wheeee.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Ozoneocean at 12:18AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
I've got a pretty decent machine. I bought it last year and I haven't even been bothered to modify it, which is new for me. It works great at what I need it for and that's enough for me: Photoshop CS4, Illustrator, various office and web design programs etc, and Teem Fortress 2, which is the only game I can be bothered playing. The only stuff I get for it are nice looking and useful peripherals. :)

Jebus, with my lack of concern for modding and lack of interest in games etc, I'd say I'm almost ready for a Mac.

Oh dear… o_O
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
seventy2 at 4:16AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
woman shouldnt be in the kitchen no more.

at the time, she was doing full time college student, so she could make the big bucks. but as our financial issues got worse, she dropped out and picked up a job. city livings tough living. i miss indiana where you got the same quantity and quality, for less.

Post. Script.

i thought today was tuesday. and that yesterday was saturday, and then somewhere along the lines i realized my math wasnt adding up. i've had no sleep since my wifes accidnt. mostly cause work tried to help me out by swapping schedules so i could work better with her, but because something something or other, i've been up since 11 pm saturday. soooo, just over 30 hours.
and i'm sad it's not tuesday, cause i feel like i'm missing out on gods of arrkelaan.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Custard Trout at 8:06AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
Mother of Christ. So we've finally started our new semester at college, but there have been timetable changes, naturally. They didn't tell anyone this, but that's ok. We should have seen it coming and worked it out for ourselves, that's expected of us. The thing is though. . . the thing is, all the information on the website was out of date. So every single student on the course managed to miss the first lecture of one of the new modules. Fantastic, eh? But wait, it gets better! None of the tutors have a clue what's happening either.

Obviously, at this point, it turns out I'm behind on a large mess of work that I had no idea I was supposed to be doing. So I've got to catch up on that, catch up with another project that got lost after I gave it in, and the stuff I'm supposed to be doing.

This entire dump is so fucking badly organised. No wonder I'm finding it harder and harder to give a shit about my work.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Skullbie at 8:31AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
I really want to make some new comics now that i have the time for them but finding a writer is hard. Well okay finding an actual writer is easy, but finding a writer who doesn't want to make a superhero comic or some lowbrow rage against the machine sci-fi with a boring male main is hard.
I mean, i think doing a sci-fi would be cool… just not typical lowbrow rage against the machine ones. :P
I have plenty of ideas but i'm bad at ‘filling’ them.

Also I watched my first episode of house last night, what a tweest, she was a he :0
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
skoolmunkee at 8:59AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
I have plenty of ideas but i'm bad at ‘filling’ them.

Maybe what you need is not a writer but a ‘critical friend’ :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 9:01AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
This entire dump is so fucking badly organised. No wonder I'm finding it harder and harder to give a shit about my work.
Heeeey, a lot of tertiary institutions are like that in the first semester :)
It's hard but it works itself out.

I watched another of my sister's Christmas present DVDs. This time it was another Will Farrel thing: Semi-pro.
There's hope for that guy yet. It was a good, funny film. Without the unfunny riffing and taking things too far of Step Brothers. It was just well done and amusing.
—————-

My mega-hat has finished construction and is being sent to me as I type! Starting its long journey from the Slovak (or wherever) republic to my house in Australia!!!!!!

Skullbie
I mean, i think doing a sci-fi would be cool…
I will write it. It will be about a sexkitten who wears a tight red leather jumpsuit and platform boots. She rides a hoverbike everywhere with her gang who are also her band. They're lesbian rockstar hiverbikers in the future! They have gang wars with other biker rock bands for fun. And when they're not doing that they're living the high life in the futuristic city of Giga-London-New york-Tokyo!

It will be brilliant :)
like my hat.
Custard Trout at 9:20AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Heeeey, a lot of tertiary institutions are like that in the first semester :)

That's a good point there, Ozone, but it's not the first semester, it's the second semester of the second year.
skoolmunkee at 9:46AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
My mega-hat has finished construction and is being sent to me as I type! Starting its long journey from the Slovak (or wherever) republic to my house in Australia!!!!!!

You gotta put some big googly eyes on it and take a picture of it eating a hamburger.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 10:23AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
That's a good point there, Ozone, but it's not the first semester, it's the second semester of the second year.
First, second, third, it makes little difference. Those places traditionally have stuff-ups at the start of semesters… When I taught it was WEEKs (maybe a couple of months) before I got my security pass, I had to make special arrangements with the security guys… It was very awkward. And it was ages before they actually even got around to paying me…
And I remember as a student doing sculpture, due to some stuff-up we didn't even have a classroom for the entire semester. We had to be taught outside… Under a damn verandah! And the lecturer wasn't even a sculpture lecturer, he was a ceramicist and a fuckwit to boot!
My parents met him at a party once and thought the same thing. The man was a cock. Everyone I know who has ever met him thought that actually. :gem:

So yes… Stuff-ups aren't that atypical, but things do work themselves out eventually. :)

skoolmunkee
ozoneocean
You gotta put some big googly eyes on it and take a picture of it eating a hamburger.
I will buy ping-pong balls for just that occasion.

Where do you buy ping-pong balls anyway?

—-
It's 3:25 Am… I have work tomorrow… today? -_-
JoeL_CQB at 10:38AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Where do you buy ping-pong balls anyway?

at sport stores.

or in super markets next to the beer section.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Custard Trout at 10:42AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Blah blah blah.

Again, a good point. Although I should point out that most of it actually occurred long before the start of the semester and it's only now that it's become a problem. Nothing seems to get fixed around here, they just leave it and hope everyone forgets.
HyenaHell at 11:08AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
And it was ages before they actually even got around to paying me…

I think this might be epidemic. Once the university screwed up the payroll (they gave some lame-ass, vague excuse about switching computer systems) and I didn't get my first paycheck for the fall semester until October. I'm pretty sure that's illegal?
Ryuthehedgewolf at 11:55AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
As of lately, I have been into playing God of War 2 on the PS2. Since I never finished the game, and I loved the first one. I'm also considering buying way more PS2 games than I already have. I have no interest in any more Wii Games (well, except for No More Heroes 2, and a possibility of a new Jet Set Radio game) So I thought I'd focus on the ol' PS2.

My grades in all my classes for school are good!
I just have exams this week :|

And I'm starting to limit my time on the computer. I think maybe like, a half hour a day should be good. Not too much, it's a lot less than I'm used to, but I can do it.

Now to get some more drawing done…and get my workout schedule back…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
HyenaHell at 12:23PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
A half hour on the computer a day? I don't think I could cut my time down to 3 hours. But then again, my computer desk is right behind my drawing desk. All I have to do is turn around, them- BAM! There goes my time. I ought to fix that. x_X

And… what? Exams in January?!?
lba at 12:49PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
I can't seem to figure out when the world of art became as much about business as business. I absolutely hated it when an employer would tell me what to do and how to do it, when I knew there was a faster easier and better alternative, so it really tweaks my tail when an instructor does it. For crying out loud, I supported myself with design all freshman year so its not like I have no experience at it whatsoever. So why is it that when I get the assignment to design a poster she manages to pick the two weakest sketches and demand I work on them? I've already gone around and asked no less than 15 other people to rate them highest to lowest and they all seem to agree with each other that the image I had planned on was going to most likely be the strongest most graphically appealing image. Instead, I'm stuck messing with damn cliches. It's a film festival. Woopee freakin' doo! That does not mean that it is acceptable to crap out some godawful cliched film reel, projector, or video camera and say that it's better because it ‘ties in to the theme directly’. I realize that the average viewer looks at the thing for approximately 3 seconds before moving on, but that's not an excuse for doing the same old tired cliche. It means you have to spend a little more time laying things out so that the composition is clear and direct and making sure that your idea is interesting. Not just spew out the same crap over again.

For whatever reason, I've discovered that I hate doing traditional illustration jobs like magazine spreads for the very reason that I don't get a whole lot of control over the project and that I hate putting up with clients who get pissy and want things I know from experience are going to turn out as crap, but I enjoy the work itself too much to give it up. It's quite a paradox really.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 2:02PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
Hyena H_ll
A half hour on the computer a day? I don't think I could cut my time down to 3 hours. But then again, my computer desk is right behind my drawing desk. All I have to do is turn around, them- BAM! There goes my time. I ought to fix that. x_X

And… what? Exams in January?!?

Hahaha. I have a laptop with Wi-fi. And a desktop computer also hooked up to the internet. BOTH of which are in my room. And so is my drawing desk. Along with my two TVs. One for watching/playing Wii and Xbox (regular one) and the other just for my PS2. The PS2 one is closest to my drawing desk.

It's no wonder how I get any drawing done.

Yeah, second semester starts the week after exams. Michigan sucks like that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Bittenbymonk at 2:31PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
exams in january? you mean they don't have that everywhere? I have exams wednesday, thursday and sometime next week. monday I think.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
HippieVan at 3:04PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Bittenbymonk
exams in january? you mean they don't have that everywhere? I have exams wednesday, thursday and sometime next week. monday I think.

I have exams next week, too…only one, though, and I get the rest of the week off. So it's pretty nice.
PIT_FACE at 3:06PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
allright, so my mom was visiting about 8 days ago, and when she left, she had a buncha dishes sitting in the sink and it was filled with water so i could do em. well….i forgot about it till now like it reeks really bad so i went and put on my gas mask. that's working. but that's not the big deal here. ya see, the water's real fuckin brown n murky and i thought….i thought i saw something move. i gotta admit….i'm kinda scared right now. wish me luck. i'm goin back in. if you guys never hear from me again, you know i was probably grabbed by mutant parasitic worms and sucked in. honor me.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
HyenaHell at 3:10PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
Bittenbymonk

I have exams next week, too…only one, though, and I get the rest of the week off. So it's pretty nice.

Huh. I always had exams (high school through grad school) right before the winter/ summer breaks.
Bittenbymonk at 3:41PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
I have em before summer break aswell, but then again I'm not in high school… thanks to the kooky british education system.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
PIT_FACE at 4:59PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
made it!

Custard Trout at 5:04PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
Haha! I have no exams whatsoever.

PIT_FACE
made it!

Are you sure? They might simply be laying dormant, under your skin, waiting for the opportune moment to devour you from inside.
PIT_FACE at 5:43PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
nah man, im allr-MISERABLE HUMAN SPORES!WHY DO YOU RESIST US?WE WILL LAY OUR EGGS IN YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS TO HATCH OUR YOUNG! WE ARE YOUR FUTURE! SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT!!-ight.

HippieVan at 6:16PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
I have another headache, a really bad one. I think I need to make sure I'm keeping hydrated…I can't think of why else I would be getting so many. I'm not stressed about anything, I haven't been around any perfume or nail polish, even my little sister has been fairly quiet.
I hope it goes away, I'm suppose to go out in less than an hour.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon