Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
Ozoneocean at 2:03AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Ewwwww!!!! Man, that's a wierd pair of hats… o_O
I love his gloves though ^^

and my sister would probably love the turd hat.
Love the expression on the head's face. Looks like it's fed up with the turd hat. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
skoolmunkee at 2:25AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
I concur, the mafia game is incredible fun. Next round I think we should plug the hell out of it to get as many people as possible to join.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Ozoneocean at 3:07AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Then I'll never be elected mayor! :(
It would be fun though. :)
bravo1102 at 3:34AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
So I put my cpu in the shop because of a hardware problem (CD drive not reading) So not only do they tell me that everything works fine but manage to lose my power cord and not bother to tell me I didn't need to include it. Pardon my 20th Century thinking, I unplugged the cord from the wall, not the cord from the machine.

So I like missed another week's updates and a whole pile of other stuff.

Then I've been fighting a nasty cold the past few days too. Gotta love this stuff. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ozoneocean at 3:55AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Eh, Cd players burners, DVD burners are cheap as anything these days and easy to install. (just unscrew the old one, unplug it plug in the new one and screw it in). I would have been cheaper than putting it in the shop. :(
lba at 8:01AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
I just got back from getting the stitches out for my surgery, and the doc said the stuff that was making me think it was still going to be a problem was pretty normal. It looks like I might not have another 2 months of feeling shitty ahead. Now I just gotta keep it clean and hope everything heals up right. I even got a nice new comfy chair to work in so that I don't end up with another issue like this. This makes my day and deserves a celebration. I think I'm going to spin around in my chair until I'm dizzy sick.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
skoolmunkee at 8:22AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
That's good news Iba! :D
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 9:14AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
Oh thank the heavens. Exams are finally over and done with. I mean, I didn't study, but it's just really annoying. I'm quite confident that I passed all but one of them…the one being Algebra. Ew.

As for last night, I stayed up until 1 AM working on Page layouts for the comic. I didn't do any past Page 16, so last night was kind of the “do more layouts so I can pencil more” night.

I had 17 more layouts to do, I only got 10 done. But that's pretty decent, considering how lazy I usually am with stuff, and I was talking to people on AIM and such.

So now today I have 7 to do. Not too bad.

And after that? I suppose I can pencil a page or two, and work on the layout.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
lefarce at 9:40AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Someone
Basically just anime nerds, sonic the hedgehog fans, and boring people that think they're cool for some reason.

:(

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
HippieVan at 10:15AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
My record player/stereo/speakers are driving me nuts. The volume keeps going up and down randomly, and I have no idea what's causing it. Pushing random buttons didn't solve the problem, and once it gets more complicated than that there's nothing I can do. Also there are a bunch of heavy things between me and the back of the stereo.

Ach, and it was nice all week but now, at the beginning of my time off for exams, it's 25 below again.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Skullbie at 10:23AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
My record player/stereo/speakers are driving me nuts. The volume keeps going up and down randomly, and I have no idea what's causing it. Pushing random buttons didn't solve the problem, and once it gets more complicated than that there's nothing I can do. Also there are a bunch of heavy things between me and the back of the stereo.

I heard dust causes that, maybe get one of those compressed air sprayers and see if it helps
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 10:29AM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
lefarce
Someone
Basically just anime nerds, sonic the hedgehog fans, and boring people that think they're cool for some reason.

:(

That's different. LFN Buddies is cool.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
HippieVan at 12:54PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
Hippie Van

I heard dust causes that, maybe get one of those compressed air sprayers and see if it helps

I fiddled with some cords and it seems to be working now…weird. Oh well, if it doesn't start doing it again I have no problem taking credit for fixing it.
Skullbie at 2:22PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
I got my hair re-cut by the manager lady, it looks really cool now i'm glad i called in :) I get a free haircut next time i go.

I brought mom home some flowers from albertsons. Such a small thing made her so happy. Also i bought ultimate fudge brownie mix! :D

I watched ‘wanted’ last night, ugh what a shit movie. The worst part was it was corny but trying to be totally serious about being corny. What ticked me off was the message of the movie was ‘hey i took control of my life, what did you do dickbag??’ He didn't take control of his life at all, a group of super assasins with a ton of money did :/
I can see why a total manic depressive loser who works an office job would like the movie(because that's the main character) but the crap execution took away from what could have been a cool plot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
seventy2 at 2:56PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
some ignorant fool called me racists when i said i wasnt going to vote for obama. when in fact i wasnt voting for mccain either.
both had policies that i didnt like, and both had enough of them, that to me, it wasnt worth choosing the lesser evil. bastards, i hate when someone who is ignorant, tries to call me ignorant of race. doosh, i have never seen anyone for their race. my first best friend was black. and i lived in the fucking south.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
usedbooks at 3:04PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
seventy2
ignorant of race
Actually, ignorant of race would mean that you didn't realize he was another race or see any race at all – which would be the opposite of racism. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Ironscarf at 3:06PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
Seventy2
some ignorant fool called me racists when i said i wasnt going to vote for obama.

Well when I called you racist it was nothing to do with not voting for Obama, if that helps, and I did take it back afterwards!

I just got you mixed up with some real racists at the time, that's all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
subcultured at 3:14PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
subcultured
im posting this while drunk…

im torn between 2 women.
whats the best way to end a relationship?

Slap her

Seriously though, if they're still into you and you're not into them, it won't end well no matter what you do.

i didn't slap her, but i did act like a jerk. besides I wasnt having much fun with her anyways. She took everything seriously…

=P

we werent even serious and she started to talk about what if we had a child what would it look like? weird.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
JoeL_CQB at 4:55PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
I've had my new rock band guitar for less than a month and feels like it's been used over a year. :(

I might get this in the next month or so.

Or I could pick and play a real guitar. Then I'll have spend time learning to play, and once i get it down, the next step would be to find a band. And even if I find a band, what would I be doing in the band? doing crappy covers. might as well stick to the plastic fake guitar. it already fits into my busy schedule.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Ironscarf at 5:31PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
Joel_CQB
Or I could pick and play a real guitar. Then I'll have spend time learning to play, and once i get it down, the next step would be to find a band. And even if I find a band, what would I be doing in the band?

Here's what you do: you'll soon pick it up…

Ozoneocean at 5:33PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
I'm thinking about getting an electric guitar… A more traditional shape than your PS3 choice though.

Jeebus i have a bad headache right now :(
HippieVan at 6:11PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
Seventy2
some ignorant fool called me racists when i said i wasnt going to vote for obama.

Well when I called you racist it was nothing to do with not voting for Obama, if that helps, and I did take it back afterwards!

I just got you mixed up with some real racists at the time, that's all.

Wait…I thought that was Arashi, not Seventy2?
lefarce at 9:05PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
So I actually got David Hart's phone number, and I gave him a ring. He told me to call him back in a bit as he just got done doing a show, so I did.

Man it was… depressing. I guess I called right when his sister did, so I made him miss the call without knowing. After which he noticed it was long distance and said his plan is really terrible and I was costing him a lot, and that money is really tight and he doesnt actually get paid much at all.

I think the guy is fantastic, and I love the things he does. So that just made me feel… awful. I was all excited when he wanted me to call him back and thought maybe I could ask for a painting to be done (since he does paintings if you send him money for supplies and postage), but damn. Just… damn. :/

Today was great until now. Now I just feel like a douche.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Croi Dhubh at 9:40PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
My comp is rebuilt and running well. I'm so happy about it.

Today at my part time gig, the manager stated, “Hope everyone is ready to be busy. We're up against $9,000 tonight!” So, like an idiot I half shouted, “What? IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!!” I think TWO people got the joke
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Ozoneocean at 2:21AM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
Croi Dhubh
Today at my part time gig, the manager stated, “Hope everyone is ready to be busy. We're up against $9,000 tonight!” So, like an idiot I half shouted, “What? IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!!” I think TWO people got the joke
You'll be saying “lol” when people crack jokes next :(

It's a bad sign…
———–
Not enough sleep causes these dammed headaches! I was all set to enjoy the day wearing my new furry hat too… But instead I hung it up outside to get rid of the cigarette smell. true to form, the Czechs that made it must have smoked like a coal fired power-station, just like every Eastern European I've ever known. Ah well:
Cig smell = stinky aroma of authenticity
seventy2 at 2:32AM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
well i find it funny… i just saw the episode two days ago. me and my buddy are on a dbz marathon, we're gonna try and watch all 240. and i only started cause i wanted to watch that episode. but he said we had to go in order.
——-

i think i have a god complex when it comes to doing jobs. i feel like i can do anything. that if i just dedicated a little time to it. and so that becomes me putting a little on my plate. trying to do it all. except math, but that's a story for a different time.

i think when i get home, i'm just going to clear my plate, and find ONE. just one extracaricular activity, and dedicate myself to it. but first i guess i gotta organize what's already there, then clear that.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Aurora Borealis at 4:21AM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
Jesus, I don't want to see dbz ever again… unless someone takes the entire series and cuts out all the filler. That'd make a nice 50ep series :P

In other news… my creativity was really limited in the last few weeks (translation: been lazy). I still have 14 pages to make (including back and both inside covers). Tried doing “ink splashes” so I can paste them into my next books whenever I need blood splashes or something like that… couldn't find the bottle of ink so I tried it with a bottle of old nailpolish… didn't want to splash too well, so I dribbled some patterns on a page, folded it in half… and then I noticed nice patterns popping up on the opposite side (two layers, darker one coming from what was spilled on this half and lighter one from what came from the other half after I folded them)… once it dries, I'm going to use that for backgrounds on title pages or somesuch.
EXCEPT FOR NOW MY ROOM TOTALLY STINKS OF NAIL POLISH :P

urgh… I really need to find that ink next time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
mechanical_lullaby at 4:51AM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
lefarce
So I actually got David Hart's phone number, and I gave him a ring. He told me to call him back in a bit as he just got done doing a show, so I did.

Man it was… depressing. I guess I called right when his sister did, so I made him miss the call without knowing. After which he noticed it was long distance and said his plan is really terrible and I was costing him a lot, and that money is really tight and he doesnt actually get paid much at all.

I think the guy is fantastic, and I love the things he does. So that just made me feel… awful. I was all excited when he wanted me to call him back and thought maybe I could ask for a painting to be done (since he does paintings if you send him money for supplies and postage), but damn. Just… damn. :/

Today was great until now. Now I just feel like a douche.

=(
That's sad. You should try sending him a letter, ya? Be like, REMEMBER ME? I CALLED YOU AND YOU WERE LIKE CALL ME BACK SO I DID. I dunno. And include money– and a little extra for the long distance thing, I don't know. He'll forgive you. He's bound to. It's David Hart.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Ironscarf at 5:09AM, Jan. 24, 2009
(offline)
Ozoneocean
I'm thinking about getting an electric guitar… A more traditional shape than your PS3 choice though.

Something like a Gibson 335 or Epiphone Sheraton would go nicely with the new hat, especially in a ‘blonde’ or cherry finish. You'd be striking up quite a psychedelic vibe there, with the right garms.
Ozoneocean at 7:06AM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
Ozoneocean
Something like a Gibson 335 or Epiphone Sheraton would go nicely with the new hat, especially in a ‘blonde’ or cherry finish. You'd be striking up quite a psychedelic vibe there, with the right garms.
Wow, those are old style axes ^_^
VERY traditional looking. Hmm, I agree, the blonde one is good looking and goes with my hat.

But I can't spend too much on it since I still have to learn to play first! :)
I'm not even very good on acoustic guitar… And by “not very” I mean “shit”.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon