Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
HyenaHell at 7:43AM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
I've never played any kind of instrument before, but this past year I decided I was gonna start. So, um. I'm actually looking to buy an old accordion. My old neighbor back in New Orleans is this master musician who plays, like, 20 instruments. And he happens to give accordion lessons. But I don't want to buy one before moving back's a done deal. With my luck, that'd jinx me, and I'd end up moving to another small, non-accordion-friendly town.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
lefarce at 8:07AM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
lefarce
So I actually got David Hart's phone number, and I gave him a ring. He told me to call him back in a bit as he just got done doing a show, so I did.

Man it was… depressing. I guess I called right when his sister did, so I made him miss the call without knowing. After which he noticed it was long distance and said his plan is really terrible and I was costing him a lot, and that money is really tight and he doesnt actually get paid much at all.

I think the guy is fantastic, and I love the things he does. So that just made me feel… awful. I was all excited when he wanted me to call him back and thought maybe I could ask for a painting to be done (since he does paintings if you send him money for supplies and postage), but damn. Just… damn. :/

Today was great until now. Now I just feel like a douche.

=(
That's sad. You should try sending him a letter, ya? Be like, REMEMBER ME? I CALLED YOU AND YOU WERE LIKE CALL ME BACK SO I DID. I dunno. And include money– and a little extra for the long distance thing, I don't know. He'll forgive you. He's bound to. It's David Hart.

He told me to send him enough money for supplies and postage as well as time in order to do a painting, and to send it after the second week of Feb. So I play to shoot him an e-mail around then and apologise, and ask just how much everything will be. No doubt I'm probably going to send extra, to make up for the phone charge and, well, because he's David fucking Hart.

I'm planning to have him paint me that Dice on a unicorn picture, only I'm going to ask if instead it's David and his puppets riding it through space.

Not gonna send him the one with the penis though. Somehow I dont think he'll be too amused by it. :3

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Ozoneocean at 8:44AM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
Who IS david Hart???
Hyena H_ll
I've never played any kind of instrument before, but this past year I decided I was gonna start. So, um. I'm actually looking to buy an old accordion. My old neighbor back in New Orleans is this master musician who plays, like, 20 instruments. And he happens to give accordion lessons. But I don't want to buy one before moving back's a done deal. With my luck, that'd jinx me, and I'd end up moving to another small, non-accordion-friendly town.
Cajun music? ^_^
I've always loved accordion, no matter what it's playing (Bavarian Polkas or whatever), it's a beautiful instrument.

One of my fondest memoires was back in riding school, on one of the last nights I was there; All the younger kids were asleep and it was just us older ones, a couple of instructors, and the old cook. We were having late snacks and listening to some CDs when she shyly brought out her pride and joy- a big beautiful accordion. She played and we danced :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
mechanical_lullaby at 12:52PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
My kitten got into the ventilation system through a hole in the drywall and we were all like, “OHMYGODKITTENNOOOOO!!!” and then we let him outside for the first time and he tried to jump into an algae filled pond and I was like “OHGODKITTENNOOOOO!!!” but he walked across the top of it because it's winter and I was like durrwinter, and it's just been an exciting day. Can't wait till we cut his balls off.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Skullbie at 1:01PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
My kitten got into the ventilation system through a hole in the drywall
D:

Someone
he tried to jump into an algae filled pond
D8

Someone
cut his balls off.
D*8
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
HyenaHell at 1:02PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
Okay. I know being a comic book nerd and a jock aren't supposed to overlap, but…

I just got my Sports Illustrated in the mail, and it's complete crap that the Steelers are on the cover this week. I mean, I ain't got nothin' against 'em. But the Cardinals are a way better story! I mean, #1: the team's been to one playoff game since moving to Arizona, and I think that was in ‘88 or something. #2: they’ve never been to the Superbowl. The Steelers have won 5. #3: Kurt Warner's a 37 year old quarterback, who two years ago everyone thought was D-O-N-E. #4: Underdog- duh! At the begining of the season, whothe hell would have thought the damn Cardinals would be in the championship game?

Yeah, feel free to call me a meathead for loving the NFL. I also love pro wrestling.
HippieVan at 4:31PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
My mother is such a waste of oxygen. Grr. Everything has to be a fight with her. It can't be “Oh Alex, could you stop turning up the thermostat?” It's “ALEX! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE GAS BILL WAS THIS MONTH! THE THERMOSTAT IS CRANKED UP TO SEVENTY!!! etc.” She has to have total control over everything…if I switch the places of some pictures in the living room, she will put them back as soon as she sees. And yet she can repaint the entire living room, rip up carpet or any of that without telling any of us. At least I'll be able to escape, though. She has this horrible control over my dad's life. He's miserable here but she won't let him move us, always for some different reason.
On the bright side, I suppose the fact that I have lived with my mother for 16 years and have never in any way harmed her is pretty good evidence that anyone can get along if they try hard.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Custard Trout at 5:44PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(offline)
I wish my dad would stop trying to talk to me. Today he trapped me on the phone for nearly an hour, the topic was Moroccan doorknobs. Fucking. Doorknobs. For a fucking hour. How the hell does he keep getting my phone number?

It wouldn't be so bad, but I've told him repeatedly that I don't want him in my life any more because he's a lying, homophobic bastard, but he just fucking rambles on like none of it ever happened.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
lefarce at 5:59PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
My kitten got into the ventilation system through a hole in the drywall and we were all like, “OHMYGODKITTENNOOOOO!!!” and then we let him outside for the first time and he tried to jump into an algae filled pond and I was like “OHGODKITTENNOOOOO!!!” but he walked across the top of it because it's winter and I was like durrwinter, and it's just been an exciting day. Can't wait till we cut his balls off.

Mad Hatter's cat did this constantly until he got his nuts hacked off (thank christ too that thing was the devil). He would get through a hole in the wall that he fucking made, and get stuck in the wall upstairs, SOMEHOW. So we would have to lure him out by calling him.

Also if you're going to shed a tear over a cat getting it's nuts removed there is something seriously wrong with you. Those things are so god damn terrible with them. “HEY LETS KNOCK THINGS OVER, HEY LETS WAKE YOU UP, HEY LETS RIP OPEN BAGS OF MY FOOD, HEY LETS GO INTO THE WALL< HEY EHEY HEEYNHEEYLSJKD:”

Skullbie at 6:00PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
custard
homophobic bastard
Huh, i've never told my dad (well i watch shows with girls kissing a lot so hey maybe he knows) I told my mom and she was all ‘i just want you to happy with someone boy or gurl ^v^’, she secretly wants me to tell people just so in the event they're not acceptant she can bitch them out. No really i think she makes up speeches for it, in her mind.

I made this bland ass mac and cheese earlier, so i sprinkled some bag cheese on it and garlic salt, tasted really good after that :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Niccea at 6:06PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(offline)
When I came back from my vacation, my boss had scheduled me to work from 1:45am-3:45am on Sunday mornings. I put in a schedule change at 1:30am last Sunday. They lost the request and the time I wanted got stolen. After fighting with the scheduler (one of my friends)we fixed my schedule. I went down to my new shift and someone arrives 10 minutes late saying that they came to do their shift AKA my shift. I let them have my shift. Now I'm just praying that I don't get woken up at 1:45 this morning to do a shift that isn't supposed to be mine anymore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Custard Trout at 7:10PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
Huh, i've never told my dad

I wasn't going to either, my brother mentioned it by accident.

My mum said she'd suspected so for years.
Product Placement at 8:21PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
I finally switched from my oh so useless anti-virus software to another that actually seems capable of doing the job of keeping my machine safe. The number of trojans and worms that the new guy picked up made me think I was at a fishing tournament at Troy o_O
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Custard Trout at 9:39PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Who IS david Hart???

Maybe he means this one?
Aurora Borealis at 11:02PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
lefarce
Also if you're going to shed a tear over a cat getting it's nuts removed there is something seriously wrong with you. Those things are so god damn terrible with them. “HEY LETS KNOCK THINGS OVER, HEY LETS WAKE YOU UP, HEY LETS RIP OPEN BAGS OF MY FOOD, HEY LETS GO INTO THE WALL< HEY EHEY HEEYNHEEYLSJKD:”

Getting a cat and then cutting its balls off is like buying a sports car, ripping out the engine and then have a horse pull it like a carriage or something. Buy a turtle if you can't deal with a cat :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Custard Trout at 11:27PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(offline)
Except cars don't mark their territory or fuck other people's cats or wander off for no reason.

Apart from that, the principles exactly the same. Well done.
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 11:28PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(offline)
Rule 34 on cars fucking cats.
i will also like to know you the more
Aurora Borealis at 11:37PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
Atom Apple
Rule 34 on cars fucking cats.
oh god, WHAT HAVE I STARTED!

*runs away*
lefarce at 11:39PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(online)
Aurora Borealis
lefarce

Getting a cat and then cutting its balls off is like buying a sports car, ripping out the engine and then have a horse pull it like a carriage or something. Buy a turtle if you can't deal with a cat :P

Yes because my car will spray an unwashable urin all over my clothes, how foolish of me to forget this little factoid

EDIT: Oh people already mentioned that, anyway~

No you dont buy a cat soley because it has balls, breaks all your shit, and is generally a pain in the ass. If you think that's adorable lets date. When I punch your teeth out I'm sure you'll understand that my rage is merely a part of the complete package. (Aint I a sweetheart? :3 )

Also yes this is David Hart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc-mZVPGKSk

He's just the nicest guy in the world, maybe too nice, which is why I still feel pretty awful.

Ozoneocean at 3:07AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
I wish my dad would stop trying to talk to me.
Perhaps he's trying to bond…? Reaching out hoping to share a mutual passion for knobs? :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Aurora Borealis at 3:21AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
lefarce
No you dont buy a cat soley because it has balls, breaks all your shit, and is generally a pain in the ass. If you think that's adorable lets date. When I punch your teeth out I'm sure you'll understand that my rage is merely a part of the complete package. (Aint I a sweetheart? :3 )

Ok, I guess after being punched I might change point of view on castration… of agressive males of any species :P

In other news: got my creativity back! Been sketching like crazy and I did all the necessary cover/title page/chapter title etc. artwork… now to just assemble the whole mess together. Also did some writing on random projects:D

I wish I could afford money to update my audio equipment. Need a soundcard (one that doesn't generate hiss when I'm opening a window or a right-click menu) and umm… near field studio monitors? Basically speakers that would let me mix/edit/master my audio properly. Got 500 tracks sitting in limbo as I can't finish production :(
HyenaHell at 7:54AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
@ Aurora Borealis:
I know it seems cruel and kinda unnatural- but take it from personal expereience, it's better to neuter your pets if you don't plan on breeding them. Here's the thing about animals with balls- the hormones create behavioral problems, which can be anywhere from annoying to dangerously aggressive. They also make the animal more likely to run away- possibly to knock up some female, and create unwanted progeny. Plus it's really frustrating for the animal when there's a nearby female in heat; they tend to go nuts (heh- no pun intended), be completely miserable, and look at you like they have no idea what's even going on, or why they're acting like that. And I don't know about cats, but in male dogs there's a high risk for testicular or colon cancer. If you love your pet and want it to have the best possible quality of life (and want to save yourself a pain in the ass)… neuter.

*edit: Wow, that sounded like I was chewing you out! I wasn't! Sorry if it came off harsh. I'm kind of a jerk.*
seventy2 at 8:12AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
my stomach feels as if it's about to burst, i've been vomiting all morning, and i have no idea where all this stomach content came from. people are trying to kill eachother outside the hotel, and i need to do laundry, but the hotel has no laundry facilities. and i only have a pair of underwear, and a pair of pants that are clean. i have horrible gas, and the internet is dropping at random times.

i'm going ot go puke now.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 8:34AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(offline)
I had the weirdest dream. I dreamed I got a Cintiq, and like, I was at this big open event, and everybody was trying to get it from me. So I just ran away to this dark basement like-thing, and this guy kept trying to text me, telling me how he was gonna steal it. Giving little hints like, “Feel around…I'm over here”

I was scared D8
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
lefarce at 10:38AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
Man the last few days have been pretty terrible. My co-workers are finally getting laid off, and the boss just left out of the fucking blue. I'm worried I might go next, and I STILL havent gotten these teeth removed. I'm banking on that insurance coverage. I so dont have 1700 to pay for these out of pocket. D:

usedbooks at 10:44AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
Well, today I discovered that I moved to a state without the same smoking ordinances as where I came from. A smoker sat right next to us in a restaurant. We switched tables, and things were “okay” but the damage is already done. I now have a migraine and am really sick. :( I think people should be allowed to smoke if they want to. Honestly, I don't care what people do to/with their own bodies. But I wish they'd leave mine out of it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
lefarce at 10:52AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
Well, today I discovered that I moved to a state without the same smoking ordinances as where I came from. A smoker sat right next to us in a restaurant. We switched tables, and things were “okay” but the damage is already done. I now have a migraine and am really sick. :( I think people should be allowed to smoke if they want to. Honestly, I don't care what people do to/with their own bodies. But I wish they'd leave mine out of it.

Where did you move to? I havent been to a state I can recall that allows smokers to sit in the same room.

lba at 12:11PM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
usedbooks

You moved? Does that mean you got that job at the museum you wanted?

Humans are a weird breed. Especially women. I fell asleep on the couch last night and this girl I'm hanging out with who has already admitted having feelings for me somehow ended up curled up with me ( She curled up next to me after I fell asleep if I remember right. ). I woke up and she decided to tell me she didn't want to start any relationships. Then she proceeded to cuddle more.

I can't honestly say I know what to think or do about that one. I just set out to take a nap before we headed out with friends for the night and wound up in weird territory. I don't even know what I did that might have prompted it all really. What is it with women and giving multiple contradictory messages all at once?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
usedbooks at 1:18PM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
lba
You moved? Does that mean you got that job at the museum you wanted?
I moved last June… into my parents' house. That's why I'm *looking* for a job.

lefarce
Where did you move to? I havent been to a state I can recall that allows smokers to sit in the same room.
Virginia. There's a little diner (slightly bigger than a trailer) that apparently has a smoking section in it – which is weird. I think most restaurants have a separate room.

I moved from West Virginia (the state, not “western” Virginia – people get confused around here), where there is no smoking allowed in restaurants at all.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
skoolmunkee at 1:38PM, Jan. 25, 2009
(offline)
lba
I can't honestly say I know what to think or do about that one.

You're being used, even if she doesn't realize that's what she's doing. She wants the attention from you and for you to be attracted to her (makes her feel good) but doesn't actually want to commit to even a kiss with you. She doesn't really like you, but she likes you enough to want you to get a boner for her.

She may just want you to be the one to come onto her, but screw that. That's the kind of girl that plays mind games. She's already playing one.

If you like her then go ahead and try and kiss her or whatever, it might work out. But if not, she wasn't the kind of person you wanted teasing you like that in the first place. Girls know full well you don't just cuddle up with a guy and expect him to take it platonically.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon