Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Give Me Your Characters! (to analyze)
Tantz_Aerine at 5:14AM, Feb. 9, 2023
(online)
posts: 1,994
joined: 10-11-2006
The People Have Spoken!

Since it looks like you're interested in some character design analysis and the like, let's get down to it! In this thread or in a PQ if you're feeling shy, suggest webcomics (and a specific character from it) for me to focus on and analyze!

The analysis will consist of the following:

1. Basic character design
2. Psych scan (meaning, I'll be attempting to find behavioral patterns, possible mental/emotional health issues if any, what a therapist would see, history background, etc)
3. 2D vs 3D (meaning, how this character would manifest in a 2D design vs a 3D design. I WILL NOT be making any judgments on whether the character is done correctly. This is not a critique, it's just an analysis of the premise and the work already done on the character)
4. Environment and how it would have contributed to the resulting character personality, etc.

The “Character Analysis” articles will not have judgment or comments on quality. As I already mentioned, my aim is not to make critiques or give marks for character design. I believe every character has enough design in them that we can all learn from them, be inspired, and even develop their journey further. That's the aim of the series.

IN ORDER FOR ME TO PICK YOUR CHARACTER SUGGESTION:

1. Webcomic must have at least 10 pages (or three/four scenes) where the character in question is featured prominently enough. I can't really work with two panels of the character being a wallflower. That said, ANY character (not just protagonists/antagonists) are up for analysis. I'll gladly do it. If the archive is in the 100s of pages, please point out to me page numbers or chapters where the character in question is prominent

2. If the character is from a movie, they must have at least a few scenes where they're engaging in behavior that's more than a prop (i.e. don't tell me to analyze the cashier that appears in one scene and never talks or does anything beyond working the cashtill).

3. If the character is from a TV show, please point out to me the episodes where you feel we can get a lot of quality footage with the character in question.

4. I have no restrictions on characters, genres, or anything. However, should the work be Adult (as in X rated, or porn), please make sure it's one of the works that have storylines, not excuses for quick-jumping to the porn scenes.

The character your suggest can be your own, someone else's or from a commercial IP.

I WILL NOT BE ‘FIXING’ CHARACTERS! If you feel strongly that a character is badly designed and you'd like me to ‘fix’ it, I won't be doing it in this series and CERTAINLY NOT for webcomics. I can do it if you like for established IPs, but it'll be a different article and ONLY in good taste. No bashing, trashing, roasting, or anything else.

That said, please gimme characters!!! One a month at minimum will be the rate I work through them :) I reserve the right to NOT do it in a first-come-first-served manner, but I generally probably will.
last edited on Feb. 9, 2023 5:17AM
InkyMoondrop at 6:27AM, Feb. 9, 2023
(offline)
posts: 251
joined: 7-14-2022
Some of my favorite characters are Yuzuru Nishimiya from A Silent Voice and Griffith from Berserk. Silent Voice is a manga / anime movie, while Berserk is a manga / multiple anime series.

Yuzuru is perhaps the most complex character I grew to love, but the manga provides further context to the motives and behavior we see in the anime.

Now, I'd think you're familiar with Griffith unless you avoid gore but if not, he's a main character in perhaps the most well-regarded manga Arc ever written: The Golden Age arc, that was adapted to three anime movies wearing the title and a series in 1997 (these were the notable adaptations). He's also very Shakespearean imo, would be glad to see what you have to say about him. I'd point out some specific scenes, but honestly, if you don't already know him from the series or chapters of Berserk you'd rob yourself of an experience by not watching / reading The Golden Age arc.

Feel free to go with whichever you please.
last edited on Feb. 9, 2023 6:29AM
Banes at 7:49AM, Feb. 9, 2023
(offline)
posts: 673
joined: 8-13-2008
I will be bold and submit TK from my comic “Typical Strange”, if you care to. I will hunt up relevant chapters/scenes that feature him.



Would love an analysis on Luke Skywalker as well, especially an Empire/Return of the Jedi/The Last Jedi from your pov xD – dare I dream for that?



Edit: TK has a few scenes where he raises chaos but he's
featured in this chapter:
Typical Strange: I Hate You, Tommy Soul

and then here:
Typical Strange: TAPEHEADS

and here:

Typical Strange: Pop Goes the World


Tantz forcing herself to read my comics? This is such a gift! My excitement and guilt and pity are at unprecedented levels!



last edited on Feb. 9, 2023 11:05AM
J_Scarbrough at 8:12AM, Feb. 9, 2023
(offline)
posts: 620
joined: 8-23-2022
I submit Levana, the titular character from my comic, VAMPIRE GIRL (like in signature).

Now granted, she was a vampire who managed to have her desire to become mortal come true . . . but, it would seem that she is now in trouble for it among her own kind.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
arspitzer at 4:53PM, Feb. 9, 2023
(online)
posts: 51
joined: 2-3-2013
Okay! I submit Grenadine Luncher from my Ripping Off King Arthur webcomic.

The various strips she's appeared in (that have redone art) are:

#13-15, 70, 73, 76, 80, 83, 94-95, 101, 120, 124, 131


And in webcomics that I haven't had time to redraw so that they're in the original not so great art:

Grenadine Luncher's High School Reunion Arc (#152-#169)


And she's appeared in more, but that's probably enough to get a sense of her.
Ozoneocean at 5:18PM, Feb. 9, 2023
(online)
posts: 28,864
joined: 1-2-2004
Please do Polly from Bottomless Waitress: https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Bottomless_Waitress/

She should be a juicy subject.
fallopiancrusader at 8:23PM, Feb. 9, 2023
(offline)
posts: 414
joined: 12-27-2013
What a fun project! I would love to see your analysis of Khthonis from “Tusk”
MegaRdaniels at 10:19PM, Feb. 11, 2023
(online)
posts: 356
joined: 3-18-2016
I submit Stringy from Stringy and Mopy!
For those who read it, she is a cocky superheroine fighting monsters.
Your text to link here…
Furwerk studio at 9:49AM, Feb. 17, 2023
(offline)
posts: 244
joined: 12-18-2019
You can take a peak at Nakamura Rex, just to warn you it is NSFW.
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Nakamura_Rex/
Andreas_Helixfinger at 11:02AM, Feb. 27, 2023
(offline)
posts: 385
joined: 3-16-2019
Interesting:) I'd love to see you do an analysis on my main dame Molly Lusc from her titular webcomic. The entire first story arc I've covered so far is entirely focused on her so I think there should be enough material there for you to get a descent peak into her complicated psyche.
last edited on Feb. 27, 2023 11:05AM
usedbooks at 9:47AM, March 10, 2023
(online)
posts: 3,357
joined: 2-24-2007
It would be interesting to get your take on Raidon.

I keep track of my character arcs through tags. This is a link to Raidon's tagged pages: http://www.curiousv.com/usedbooks/?characters=raidon

(Most recent to oldest, with several pages at a time.)

If a different one of my OCs piques your analyst interest instead, feel free. None are off limits, even cringy ones or Mary Sues. Character list is here: http://www.curiousv.com/usedbooks/?page_id=41 You can click names for tagged pages.
last edited on March 30, 2023 5:48PM
takoyama at 2:44AM, March 15, 2023
(online)
posts: 18
joined: 4-10-2011
cool concept
TENSA1 at 6:09AM, March 25, 2023
(offline)
posts: 5
joined: 1-4-2021
It would be cool to hear your take on the titular butler from The New Butler


The New Butler
Tantz_Aerine at 3:04AM, March 29, 2023
(online)
posts: 1,994
joined: 10-11-2006
ok so we've begun! I skipped the first entry because I couldn't find it. And I'm honestly happier to do psych scans on DD IPs :D

Onwards! Keep them coming, just keep in mind I'll be doing these once a month on the average, but I'll keep doing these :D
InkyMoondrop at 2:54PM, March 29, 2023
(offline)
posts: 251
joined: 7-14-2022
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
ok so we've begun! I skipped the first entry because I couldn't find it. And I'm honestly happier to do psych scans on DD IPs :D

Onwards! Keep them coming, just keep in mind I'll be doing these once a month on the average, but I'll keep doing these :D

Sorry for giving you a character from a different source, I just figured you probably already read a work of mine to a degree and if you'd have anything to say about a character of mine that's not completely devastating, you would've done that already. :D But sure, feel free to go for Robin or Dylan Sinclair if you ever get there (see you when you get there) :)
Tantz_Aerine at 1:06PM, May 26, 2023
(online)
posts: 1,994
joined: 10-11-2006
@InkyMoondrop are you kidding? I love reading other creators' work! I will be happy to get to yours!!
dragonsong12 at 1:31PM, May 28, 2023
(offline)
posts: 110
joined: 1-2-2006
REMOVED

Disregard this one, Tantz_Aerine. You got more than enough on your plate!
last edited on Jan. 22, 2024 9:00AM
friendlyel at 9:33PM, June 11, 2023
(offline)
posts: 2
joined: 7-11-2015
For characters form my comic I'd say Suis but that's for after I finally finish the current flashback arc. I'm going to have to go with the actual main character of my webcomic Abbot for this.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Left_Hand_Rule/5506951/
Tantz_Aerine at 8:29AM, June 22, 2023
(online)
posts: 1,994
joined: 10-11-2006
I plan to get to everyone who posts here! At a snail pace, granted, but I do intend to do it!

memo333 at 8:01AM, July 5, 2023
(offline)
posts: 159
joined: 1-12-2006
sss

plz analyze my oc Skarlet, she is the one with the sharing an.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Tales_of_Omnizari/5737437/


All my stuff here: https://linktr.ee/memo333
memo333 at 2:51PM, July 23, 2023
(offline)
posts: 159
joined: 1-12-2006
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
The People Have Spoken!

Since it looks like you're interested in some character design analysis and the like, let's get down to it! In this thread or in a PQ if you're feeling shy, suggest webcomics (and a specific character from it) for me to focus on and analyze!

The analysis will consist of the following:

1. Basic character design
2. Psych scan (meaning, I'll be attempting to find behavioral patterns, possible mental/emotional health issues if any, what a therapist would see, history background, etc)
3. 2D vs 3D (meaning, how this character would manifest in a 2D design vs a 3D design. I WILL NOT be making any judgments on whether the character is done correctly. This is not a critique, it's just an analysis of the premise and the work already done on the character)
4. Environment and how it would have contributed to the resulting character personality, etc.

The “Character Analysis” articles will not have judgment or comments on quality. As I already mentioned, my aim is not to make critiques or give marks for character design. I believe every character has enough design in them that we can all learn from them, be inspired, and even develop their journey further. That's the aim of the series.

IN ORDER FOR ME TO PICK YOUR CHARACTER SUGGESTION:

1. Webcomic must have at least 10 pages (or three/four scenes) where the character in question is featured prominently enough. I can't really work with two panels of the character being a wallflower. That said, ANY character (not just protagonists/antagonists) are up for analysis. I'll gladly do it. If the archive is in the 100s of pages, please point out to me page numbers or chapters where the character in question is prominent

2. If the character is from a movie, they must have at least a few scenes where they're engaging in behavior that's more than a prop (i.e. don't tell me to analyze the cashier that appears in one scene and never talks or does anything beyond working the cashtill).

3. If the character is from a TV show, please point out to me the episodes where you feel we can get a lot of quality footage with the character in question.

4. I have no restrictions on characters, genres, or anything. However, should the work be Adult (as in X rated, or porn), please make sure it's one of the works that have storylines, not excuses for quick-jumping to the porn scenes.

The character your suggest can be your own, someone else's or from a commercial IP.

I WILL NOT BE ‘FIXING’ CHARACTERS! If you feel strongly that a character is badly designed and you'd like me to ‘fix’ it, I won't be doing it in this series and CERTAINLY NOT for webcomics. I can do it if you like for established IPs, but it'll be a different article and ONLY in good taste. No bashing, trashing, roasting, or anything else.

That said, please gimme characters!!! One a month at minimum will be the rate I work through them :) I reserve the right to NOT do it in a first-come-first-served manner, but I generally probably will.

wheres my analize?


All my stuff here: https://linktr.ee/memo333
The doodler at 12:17PM, Dec. 3, 2023
(offline)
posts: 10
joined: 11-24-2019
Maybe Vlad(imir Andreiovich Chekhov) when you feel like it?
Tantz_Aerine at 12:17PM, Dec. 3, 2023
(online)
posts: 1,994
joined: 10-11-2006
memo333 wrote:
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
The People Have Spoken!

Since it looks like you're interested in some character design analysis and the like, let's get down to it! In this thread or in a PQ if you're feeling shy, suggest webcomics (and a specific character from it) for me to focus on and analyze!

The analysis will consist of the following:

1. Basic character design
2. Psych scan (meaning, I'll be attempting to find behavioral patterns, possible mental/emotional health issues if any, what a therapist would see, history background, etc)
3. 2D vs 3D (meaning, how this character would manifest in a 2D design vs a 3D design. I WILL NOT be making any judgments on whether the character is done correctly. This is not a critique, it's just an analysis of the premise and the work already done on the character)
4. Environment and how it would have contributed to the resulting character personality, etc.

The “Character Analysis” articles will not have judgment or comments on quality. As I already mentioned, my aim is not to make critiques or give marks for character design. I believe every character has enough design in them that we can all learn from them, be inspired, and even develop their journey further. That's the aim of the series.

IN ORDER FOR ME TO PICK YOUR CHARACTER SUGGESTION:

1. Webcomic must have at least 10 pages (or three/four scenes) where the character in question is featured prominently enough. I can't really work with two panels of the character being a wallflower. That said, ANY character (not just protagonists/antagonists) are up for analysis. I'll gladly do it. If the archive is in the 100s of pages, please point out to me page numbers or chapters where the character in question is prominent

2. If the character is from a movie, they must have at least a few scenes where they're engaging in behavior that's more than a prop (i.e. don't tell me to analyze the cashier that appears in one scene and never talks or does anything beyond working the cashtill).

3. If the character is from a TV show, please point out to me the episodes where you feel we can get a lot of quality footage with the character in question.

4. I have no restrictions on characters, genres, or anything. However, should the work be Adult (as in X rated, or porn), please make sure it's one of the works that have storylines, not excuses for quick-jumping to the porn scenes.

The character your suggest can be your own, someone else's or from a commercial IP.

I WILL NOT BE ‘FIXING’ CHARACTERS! If you feel strongly that a character is badly designed and you'd like me to ‘fix’ it, I won't be doing it in this series and CERTAINLY NOT for webcomics. I can do it if you like for established IPs, but it'll be a different article and ONLY in good taste. No bashing, trashing, roasting, or anything else.

That said, please gimme characters!!! One a month at minimum will be the rate I work through them :) I reserve the right to NOT do it in a first-come-first-served manner, but I generally probably will.

wheres my analize?

You're in a queue :) When I have done all the other people before you, I'll check your character out.
Tantz_Aerine at 12:17PM, Dec. 3, 2023
(online)
posts: 1,994
joined: 10-11-2006
The doodler wrote:
Maybe Vlad(imir Andreiovich Chekhov) when you feel like it?

I love Vlad. So YES.
marcorossi at 7:15AM, Jan. 9, 2024
(offline)
posts: 74
joined: 8-8-2019
Is this thread still open?
If yes, may I ask for Querida Duval from my comic Killer Ape Theory?
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Killer_Ape_Theory/
I Have a pretty clear idea of her personality but I'm not sure if it comes through.
Tantz_Aerine at 11:22AM, Jan. 9, 2024
(online)
posts: 1,994
joined: 10-11-2006
It's absolutely still open! I am just moving very slowly through it. Hopefully though this week there will be a deep dive and the queue will move up a tad. Looking forward to reading yours!
DeanZeeks at 8:23AM, Jan. 14, 2024
(offline)
posts: 29
joined: 7-10-2017
I'm curious, here are the deuteragonists and the namesake of my comic, this is the page where they interact casually
I hope for a good analysis

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon