Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
srhdt at 1:59PM, July 19, 2011
(online)
VegaX wrote:
Any update on the image compression problem?
Will you be able to turn it OFF for new uploaded pages and files in a near future?

Thankful for any update you can give us!
Yes, I'll post an update on that later today.

Short answer: it should no longer be happening for new uploaded pages. We figured out a method how to fix it for old pages, but the implementation of it hasn't been finalized yet. Feel free to test uploading a page now and see if it's still happening.
itsjustaar at 2:24PM, July 19, 2011
(online)
So far at the moment, nothing seems to be broken for me. I dunno if it's my adblocker though on Firefox which seems to have made two weird grey blocks on the right and left sides of my comic. Or are they placeholders for something?
Other than that, aside from missing trophies, everything seems to be in working order for me. I love everything about what's up right now; delayment complaints an aside.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
Hawk at 2:25PM, July 19, 2011
(online)
srhdt wrote:
We figured out a method how to fix it for old pages
THANK YOU! I've actually been really nervous about the possibility of re-uploaded my nearly 200 pages.
Readers are actually noticing the compression, so I look forward to the solution.
srhdt at 2:36PM, July 19, 2011
(online)
UPDATE:

Comics in your My Favorites and My Comics list should only show a new last update date when a new page has gone live! Additionally, comics will only appear in the Latest Updates list on the homepage when a new page has gone live.

Anyone who has a comic that has an old update date can feel free to make a minor edit to it and confirm to me whether or not this is the case. Otherwise, I can confirm it for you guys tomorrow.
VegaX at 3:08PM, July 19, 2011
(offline)
Yup it works. New uploaded images are no longer compressed. GREAT! :)

Seems images uploaded for use with links on top/sides etc are still compressed though.

srhdt at 3:22PM, July 19, 2011
(online)
Anyone that was having a problem uploading HEADER IMAGES OR COMIC THUMBNAILS, please try so again. We're testing to see if a fix worked.
last edited on July 19, 2011 3:26PM
Niccea at 3:59PM, July 19, 2011
(offline)
Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I haven't been able to get PQs sent out with Firefox or Chrome. I didn't have trouble before.
-edit- Got my banners up.
last edited on July 19, 2011 4:02PM
srhdt at 4:06PM, July 19, 2011
(online)
Niccea wrote:
Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I haven't been able to get PQs sent out with Firefox or Chrome. I didn't have trouble before.
-edit- Got my banners up.
Yeah PQ's were disabled like 20 minutes ago temporarily. We're working on importing all the old ones into the new site.
teagle at 4:39PM, July 19, 2011
(online)
Everything seems to be working for me now.Thanks for all the hard work.I believe,when all is said and done,this will be a real kicka** site to come to and enjoy.
Mark.
Tantz_Aerine at 5:15PM, July 19, 2011
(online)
srhdt wrote:
Anyone that was having a problem uploading HEADER IMAGES OR COMIC THUMBNAILS, please try so again. We're testing to see if a fix worked.
For the first time, navigator buttons and header image worked!
Datkidyellow at 10:04PM, July 19, 2011
(offline)
This is actually That kid yellow.I had to make this bogus account to give my battle cry.I cant get into my old profile at all. This happens when I actually finished up my first issue for Dome Busta. Someone help me!
Newway12 at 10:06AM, July 22, 2011
(online)
How do you up load a new page?

skoolmunkee at 10:12AM, July 22, 2011
(offline)
Newway12- expand the “my comics” there on the right, then click “edit” next to your comic. You'll see a “pages” button like there used to be a pages tab.

OK, well the site is sort of working again for now, so I'll see about updating that first post tonight with the current bugs/fixed stuff! :I
IT'S OLD BATMAN
srhdt at 10:30AM, July 22, 2011
(online)
Hey everyone,

So obviously the site has been impossible to log into for the past few days. It basically required a scouring of all the code on the back-end, but we think we figured out what the issue is. It was essentially a server issue.

Anyways, please report any lingering functionality issues as soon as you encounter them, so we can make sure nothing else has been adversely affected by this semi-downtime. Thanks.
last edited on July 22, 2011 11:52AM
Neilsama at 11:04AM, July 22, 2011
(offline)
You know what would be nice? For comics with multiple authors, it would be wonderful if we could differentiate which author is leaving the author notes. And by that, I mean being able to actually control that from page to page.
jercoxthealmighty at 11:51AM, July 22, 2011
(online)
Hi guys, glad you've got log-in and uploading problems fixed, but I've got a new one for ya:
I usually keep a couple of days ahead with my comic, but strips I'm uploading ahead of time are going live immediately instead of when they are supposed to. Case in point:
Tomorrow's comic strip, today!
So, yeah, unless you've suddenly switched to Australia time or some such, I think that's a bug.
srhdt at 11:53AM, July 22, 2011
(online)
jercoxthealmighty wrote:
Hi guys, glad you've got log-in and uploading problems fixed, but I've got a new one for ya:
I usually keep a couple of days ahead with my comic, but strips I'm uploading ahead of time are going live immediately instead of when they are supposed to. Case in point:
Tomorrow's comic strip, today!
So, yeah, unless you've suddenly switched to Australia time or some such, I think that's a bug.
You may have missed the explanation from Tuesday's newspost, but future updates will appear on your comic page FOR YOU. No other user can see those future pages currently. Please try logging out and visiting your comic to confirm.
darth_paul at 11:59AM, July 22, 2011
(offline)
srhdt wrote:
No, still not working.
jercoxthealmighty at 12:00PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
Ack! You're right! >__<
srhdt at 12:04PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
darth_paul wrote:
srhdt wrote:
No, still not working.
I just added header images to both your comics and it seems to have worked okay. My guess is the issue is browser related. Are you using Chrome?
HippieVan at 12:20PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
srhdt wrote:
darth_paul wrote:

srhdt wrote:
No, still not working.
I just added header images to both your comics and it seems to have worked okay. My guess is the issue is browser related. Are you using Chrome?
I don't mean to be harsh, srhdt, but I don't imagine most people are willing to switch browsers just to get one website to work properly. So “use Chrome” isn't really an acceptable fix.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Datkidyellow at 1:28PM, July 22, 2011
(offline)
Ok this is crazy. I still cant get in my old profile as that kid yellow. Whats going on? I need to start posting again. Do you need some proof its really me?
last edited on July 22, 2011 1:33PM
srhdt at 1:31PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
Hippie Van wrote:
srhdt wrote:
darth_paul wrote:
srhdt wrote:
No, still not working.
I don't mean to be harsh, srhdt, but I don't imagine most people are willing to switch browsers just to get one website to work properly. So “use Chrome” isn't really an acceptable fix.
You've completely misinterpreted my post. Of course “use Chrome” is not an acceptable fix. I identified the possible source of his problem (browser-related), and asked him to try uploading his header on Chrome in order to confirm whether or not it was actually a browser-related issue. It's entirely possible that his issue is NOT browser-related, which is why I asked him to test it.

I wasn't telling anyone to switch to Chrome. Obviously we're continuing to work on making all the functionality on the site behave correctly across all the major browsers.

You were kind of harsh, by the way.
srhdt at 1:54PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
Datkidyellow wrote:
Ok this is crazy. I still cant get in my old profile as that kid yellow. Whats going on? I need to start posting again. Do you need some proof its really me?
Are you able to use the password reset feature? If you need me to I can PM you the email address linked to “that kid yellow” account.
Neilsama at 2:08PM, July 22, 2011
(offline)
I have a suggestion for the visible future pages. While I do enjoy being able to see unpublished pages in the archive (it's actually very handy!), I still very much wish that the index page on our comics would default to the current PUBLISHED page. And then we can simply click “next” to navigate to pages that aren't available to readers yet. It's very disorienting as an author to log into my own comic and see a page that hasn't been released yet.
Oh, I was going to start a new thread onthe forums about cool suggestions for the new website, such as the one I just made, but…
I CAN'T START A NEW THREAD!!!!
Forum broken.
srhdt at 2:33PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
Neilsama wrote:
I CAN'T START A NEW THREAD!!!!
Forum broken.
Thanks for reporting this. The other issues that we're currently aware of and are working on right now: down arrows don't work when re-ordering comic pages, and you can't currently send PQs.
darth_paul at 2:58PM, July 22, 2011
(offline)
srhdt wrote:
darth_paul wrote:
srhdt wrote:
No, still not working.
No, I've got two PCs in my house one is running Windows XP and the other Windows 7, and both are using Firefox 5.0 as the internet browser. Also, Hippie Van is correct in that I really don't wish to switch my browser just for this one site, nor do I really feel like just downloading it just to test the problem, but I guess that's it b/c if you did indeed add my headers to both my comics, I'm not seeing them show up anywhere with Firefox.
srhdt at 3:48PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
darth_paul wrote:
srhdt wrote:
darth_paul wrote:
srhdt wrote:
No, still not working.
No, I've got two PCs in my house one is running Windows XP and the other Windows 7, and both are using Firefox 5.0 as the internet browser. Also, Hippie Van is correct in that I really don't wish to switch my browser just for this one site, nor do I really feel like just downloading it just to test the problem, but I guess that's it b/c if you did indeed add my headers to both my comics, I'm not seeing them show up anywhere with Firefox.
I removed them after about an hour because I didn't think you would want a strange header image on your comics. If you don't want to test the header issue on another browser, that's your call. I'll be sure to announce in this thread when we've resolved the issue on Firefox.
darth_paul at 4:15PM, July 22, 2011
(offline)
srhdt wrote:
darth_paul wrote: srhdt wrote:
darth_paul wrote:
srhdt wrote:Anyone that was having a problem uploading HEADER IMAGES OR COMIC THUMBNAILS, please try so again. We're testing to see if a fix worked.No, still not working.
I removed them after about an hour because I didn't think you would want a strange header image on your comics. If you don't want to test the header issue on another browser, that's your call. I'll be sure to announce in this thread when we've resolved the issue on Firefox.

Oh, O.K. Then. Yeah, I'm sorry, but I really don't want to load up my computers with additional browsers. So, I'll just wait for when it gets fixed on Firefox. Thanks for your help.
Aelwyn at 7:45PM, July 22, 2011
(online)
Just a note. When uploading links with images on the ‘Manage Links’ page; it does not list them in the order that you upload- and doesn't sort them alphabetically by title, or give you an option to reorginize. It seems random. It is rather frustrating when you are trying to prioritize links that lead to other social networking and media sources.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon