Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Happy 2019! General discussion thread
Genejoke at 3:30PM, Sept. 13, 2019
(online)
Call Me Tom wrote:
Is thinking about killing my self really a bad thing? I can't help but think that the world will be left a little better off with one less cyst white guy?

If your having thoughts like that, reach out for help. Suicide is a very permanent solution to a temporary feeling.
Perhaps stop interacting with whoever or whatever it is that makes you feel that way.
usedbooks at 3:48PM, Sept. 13, 2019
(online)
Suicidal thoughts are not normal/healthy. They are not unusual or rare, but definitely not healthy. Please reach out for help.

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/LifelineChat.aspx
1-800-273-8255
Genejoke at 2:50PM, Sept. 15, 2019
(online)
El Cid wrote:
For my page dimensions, I went with the Ka-Blam template. The comic itself is a mini-caper set in the universe of my ‘Transneptunian’ comic. Sadly, I'm more or less incapable of writing anything short, so it's already cracked 25 pages. It will likely run something like 32-ish pages all said and done. If it doesn't make the anthology, I'm sure I'll find somewhere else to post it!

I've been thinking about this and I guess much depends on how many stories get made and how big we want the whole thing. I don't know what costs would be on printing something like 160 - 200 pages would be, but I imagine that sort of size would be good. It would provide a decent showcase for talent on here and allow for a couple of slightly longer stories.
Genejoke at 3:42PM, Sept. 22, 2019
(online)
Well holy crap! In the last week I think I've made more comic pages than in the last year or so. I seem to have rediscovered the joy of it, and can get my head back into it. Woo hoo!
Ozoneocean at 7:22PM, Sept. 23, 2019
(online)
I woke up with a nasty, bitter taste on the back on my tongue that I can't get rid off :(
Genejoke at 11:47PM, Sept. 24, 2019
(online)
Google says it's cancer. Google always says it's cancer.
bravo1102 at 12:52AM, Sept. 25, 2019
(offline)
WebMD says acid reflux. Hopefully it's not chronic or you'll have to give up coffee, alcohol, clearing your throat and talking.
Ironscarf at 4:43AM, Sept. 25, 2019
(offline)
I get that sometimes. It means you're dead but you haven't realised it yet, like Bruce Willis.
Ozoneocean at 3:06AM, Sept. 27, 2019
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
WebMD says acid reflux. Hopefully it's not chronic or you'll have to give up coffee, alcohol, clearing your throat and talking.
Haha, it's not that, Aids, cancer or death XD
I thought it might be reflux and tried anti-acid stuff, which didn't work.

I have yellow on my tongue and a bitter, peppery, slightly burny taste at the back of my tongue and throat.
I reasoned it will either be a bacterial infection or thrush. The doctor thought the same.

I don't think it's thrush because that's normally white, coats the entire tongue, and you can't really taste any food. you just have a slimy, cream taste always.

So… it's antibiotics for me. And if that doesn't work, then I'll try antifungals! XD

HAHAHA! I'll keep you informed. And if I die I will haunt you.
bravo1102 at 4:09AM, Sept. 27, 2019
(offline)
Well that's actually good news as it's something that can be cured as opposed to just treated.

And the doctor recommendations sheet for reflux does include all the things I mentioned. I got it after my follow up with the Ear-nose-throat after my swallow test.

Ever see those cool X-ray movies of people swallowing? That's a swallow test. You eat and drink stuff laced with Barium and they take X-rays of it going down. I have reflux from a flap at the back of my throat that doesn't let me swallow things completely.

No wonder I'm a skeptic.
Ozoneocean at 7:39AM, Sept. 27, 2019
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
…that doesn't let me swallow things completely.

No wonder I'm a skeptic.
HAHAHA!

Genejoke at 8:47AM, Sept. 27, 2019
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
Well that's actually good news as it's something that can be cured as opposed to just treated.

And the doctor recommendations sheet for reflux does include all the things I mentioned. I got it after my follow up with the Ear-nose-throat after my swallow test.

Ever see those cool X-ray movies of people swallowing? That's a swallow test. You eat and drink stuff laced with Barium and they take X-rays of it going down. I have reflux from a flap at the back of my throat that doesn't let me swallow things completely.

No wonder I'm a skeptic.

It also explains why you're not a prostitute… Just saying.
BearinOz at 4:54AM, Sept. 29, 2019
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:

No wonder I'm a skeptic.

Yes, I thought the same as I read it. B-)
bravo1102 at 8:13AM, Sept. 29, 2019
(offline)
BearinOz wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:

No wonder I'm a skeptic.

Way too fattening to swallow.

There's a story in All you want to know about sex but were afraid to ask about a prostitute you wanted to lose weight. She followed her doctor's instructions but lost nothing. Then the doctor asked her how many times she performed oral sex. She answered six or seven and that she swallowed.

Turns out the typical ejaculation is 200+ calories mostly fat and sugars. When past girlfriends were on diets, I'd tell them not to swallow.
Ozoneocean at 11:23PM, Sept. 29, 2019
(online)
Oh gods…

bravo1102 at 10:21AM, Sept. 30, 2019
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Oh gods…

So tell me, who's been happily married for 25 years?

You come out as this considerate and concerned with your partner's well being?

She won't be so critical when you want a night out with the guys. 🙂

Happy wife, happy life.

Ozoneocean at 8:36PM, Sept. 30, 2019
(online)
OMG LOL!
Genejoke at 10:30PM, Sept. 30, 2019
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
BearinOz wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:

No wonder I'm a skeptic.

There's a story in All you want to know about sex but were afraid to ask about a prostitute you wanted to lose weight. She followed her doctor's instructions but lost nothing. Then the doctor asked her how many times she performed oral sex. She answered six or seven and that she swallowed.

Turns out the typical ejaculation is 200+ calories mostly fat and sugars. When past girlfriends were on diets, I'd tell them not to swallow.

Hmmm, interesting. So effectively ejaculation results in a man losing 200 odd calories, meaning frequent masturbation could help men lose weight as well as making them go blind.
bravo1102 at 1:21AM, Oct. 1, 2019
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:
BearinOz wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:

No wonder I'm a skeptic.

Hmmm, interesting. So effectively ejaculation results in a man losing 200 odd calories, meaning frequent masturbation could help men lose weight as well as making them go blind.
Actually that's a myth. Frequent masturbation leads to long life, happiness and doing any movie that comes along. It's called Ernest Borgnine syndrome.

When the actor was asked to what he attributed his long life, he said “I masturbate a lot ”
last edited on Oct. 1, 2019 1:23AM
BearinOz at 1:56AM, Oct. 1, 2019
(online)
Actually that's a myth. Frequent masturbation leads to long life, happiness and doing any movie that comes along. It's called Ernest Borgnine syndrome.

When the actor was asked to what he attributed his long life, he said “I masturbate a lot ”
Good for the prostate ! B-)
Ozoneocean at 9:14PM, Oct. 2, 2019
(online)
Wankers XD
Ironscarf at 9:25AM, Oct. 3, 2019
(offline)
Good lord what happened to this thread?!

bravo1102 at 9:43AM, Oct. 3, 2019
(offline)
Some people don't appreciate good sexual health.

Paging Dr. Ruth, paging Dr. Ruth–
Genejoke at 1:17PM, Oct. 3, 2019
(online)
It's life, Jim, but not as we know it!

Look on the bright side, it's activity in the thread.

Ozoneocean at 8:37PM, Oct. 3, 2019
(online)
Easy boys… hands above the blankets!
Genejoke at 12:09AM, Oct. 4, 2019
(online)
People use blankets on park benches?

bravo1102 at 12:57AM, Oct. 4, 2019
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
People use blankets on park benches?

And on public transportation? Really, it's not that cold here yet.

Nearly daily there are stories of the homeless relieving themselves one way or another in public on the subways in New York City.

I understand it's worse in Seattle and San Francisco.
Genejoke at 4:25AM, Oct. 4, 2019
(online)
That makes sense, I have a friend who lives in San Francisco, he probably increased the number.

This could almost be running gag in gunwallaces all unicorns to battle stations, strange places to beat off.

On a different note, what do people think of the drunkduck anthology comic I project I pitched as being a reward/incentive for the DD oatreon? That would be a digital download rather than print, and I would like to try and do a print version if possible. I'm off on holiday next week but when I'm back I'll be pushing on that properly. I've got a bunch of ideas for short stories for it but haven't decided which I will do yet.

Banes at 9:40AM, Oct. 4, 2019
(offline)
I love the anthology idea - if I can kick myself to work on stuff I'll definitely submit a story.

I'd imagine a digital version would make the most sense for raising money for the site. Much as I'd love a printed full color book on my shelf (and I'd buy one for sure if we did it), the price would have to be quite high just to cover the costs of printing and shipping.

Genejoke at 11:30AM, Oct. 4, 2019
(online)
Yeah it would when you factor in actually raising funds from it as well. I did look at the costs of a UK printing service and it didn't seem too bad. First thing will be to get the thing complete, I'm thinking a max of 200 pages. As I understand it El Cid has been working on something which is 20-30 pages. Mine will probably be 12-20 pages. So depending on how many other contributors we get over 100 pages should be fairly easy. A larger page count means a spine rather than staples which will make for a more durable book, and hopefully a more appealing one.
I imagine the uptake for printed copies will be fairly limited, but I too think it would be cool to have so I'm gonna do my best to make sure it happens, even if it is a very small quantity.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/178290/
last edited on Oct. 4, 2019 4:35PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon