Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
Ozoneocean at 3:58AM, Dec. 2, 2010
(online)
seventy2
the full story isn't out.
God 72 o_O
Sounds like something from Tennessee Williams…

@Ayesinback- meany! I've named him Squeaker. :P

@ Bocaj- welcome back!!!

@Hippie- I would LOVE too… but I doubt that's allowed. :(

@Frankkerr/Same- Lovely painting! I hope it sells! ^^

————–
I really hate household bills… any other sort are fine, but household expenditure is painful -_-
My money… Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo… D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Genejoke at 5:20AM, Dec. 2, 2010
(online)
Fell down 18 icy steps as I left home to pick up my daughter, the following 2 mile walk was agony.

Now at home in pain as everything hurts like a mo-fo.

the steps are pretty much solid with snow and ice and the only way in and out of my home. damn. At least it was me and not one of the kids.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Aurora Borealis at 4:41PM, Dec. 2, 2010
(online)
Genejoke
Fell down 18 icy steps as I left home to pick up my daughter, the following 2 mile walk was agony.

Now at home in pain as everything hurts like a mo-fo.

the steps are pretty much solid with snow and ice and the only way in and out of my home. damn. At least it was me and not one of the kids.

Get some sand and spread it generously on the steps. You'll end up with mud once it melts but at least it'll be walkable until then.

- - - - -

Speaking of falling down… I fell THREE TIMES yesterday. I'm so fucking tired at times, I can't keep my balance and with all the snow and ice that's a surefire way to hug the concrete.

Also, TWO BUSES BROKE ON ME YESTERDAY! (it's after midnight and I just woke up so yesterday)

First the one to work, the kind that's double lenght and connected by this rubber sleeve. It drove into a pile of snow with its right back wheels and couldn't go either way. Luckily the next bus picked us up so we managed to get to work. Although BARELY. But then six other people I work with (out of a team of 15) did not get through at all (one arrived two hours late, the rest probably got stuck in smaller towns and villages where simply NO BUSES managesd to get through for the whole day).

On the return trip, about thirdof the way through the bus stops and the driver goes outside to check stuff. And then he reports through the radio that he has NO BREAKS! He kept on going for two more bus stops, before we got to the area with heavier city traffic, then dumped us all on the bus stop and told us to wait for a replacement one. Ugh.

- - - - -

Anyway, two good news. My Moebius books arrived awhile ago and they were GREAT. Now I got my
PHILIPPE DRUILLET book, Lone Sloane/Delirius. And man, for something printed in the 70s? It looks in good shape! Too bad the american edition is shrunk down to Heavy Metal format, not full A4. But eh, everything's better than nothing!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
HippieVan at 8:02PM, Dec. 2, 2010
(online)
Came home today to an early Christmas present…

She is a 4 month old lop mix rescue. We've named her Juliet…my little sister insisted on a name from Shakespeare, haha. If anyone can think of a better girl character's name from Shakespeare let me know. Cordelia was the only other nice one I could think of, and we've already used that for something else.
Anyways, she is super cute. : ) I've always wanted to get a pet for Christmas.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
KomradeDave at 8:45PM, Dec. 2, 2010
(online)
Viola, Desdemona, and Miranda are nice, in my own opinion
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Ozoneocean at 8:57PM, Dec. 2, 2010
(online)
Lady Macbeth? Titania?

Welcome back KomradeDave!!!!!!1
seventy2 at 4:41AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
holy crap it's my favorite communist brother!
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
zaymac at 5:42AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
I had a funny dream last night that I was at a Comic Con and somebody was selling Knockoff merchandise of my webcomic. :)

My webcomic merchandise isn't all that great, but this guy's was two grades below mine. I asked him if this was his webcomic, and he said yes. And then I started yelling and telling him he was full of it and that he had to take all of the stuff down. :)

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
ayesinback at 7:13AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
Hippie Van
If anyone can think of a better girl character's name from Shakespeare let me know.
Hippie Van - she's beautiful!

There's a lot of names - although I can only think of Ariel, Rosalind, and Viola. I like Oz's suggestion of Titania - queen of the fairies
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
frankkerr at 7:20AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(offline)
Hippie Van
She is a 4 month old lop mix rescue. We've named her Juliet…my little sister insisted on a name from Shakespeare.

Whats wrong with Flopsy?
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Ozoneocean at 9:30AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
“Hey, is there something wrong with the site? I can't upload my comic…”
OMFG are you freaking blind, there are 4 threads about the same issue and an admin telling people in each one that EVERYONE is experiencing the same thing and it's being worked on…

…and yet people keep posting in the threads “I'm experiencing this too….”
What part of “EVERYONE” is confusing to you? It's the “E” isn't it? That always throws people… one at the end and one at the start. Freaky.

—————–

Watching “Exile” about the recording of the Rolling Stones album “Exile on Mainstreet” when they were tax exiles in the south of France. Amazing music… I didn't realise it was that great. But it make me SOOOoo depressed about the sort of pop music we get now. -_-
ayesinback at 3:52PM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
It's the “E” isn't it?
I think gullas should step up. If anyone has had “e” experiences to learn from, he's got to be one.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
KomradeDave at 4:26PM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
seventy2
holy crap it's my favorite communist brother!
Indeed tovarisch, I make my glorious is return time.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
seventy2 at 7:29PM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
intermittent internet.

no signs of it going…

what do i do?
————

canst thou say wherest thou hast been young comrade?
facara
KomradeDave at 7:50PM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
I was doing stuff.

I almost got somebody arrested, and in the same instance learned that some things are a fine on regular property and a felony on federal property. Another baby came along. I was in a movie (coming to DVD summer 2011). I bought a new shirt.

Also my stache is gone, so my power is greatly diminished ATT.
seventy2 at 9:37PM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
My stache has returned. but only for a nother month of so. I can only use it to fight battles, and do the power of good.
————

I don't know who that tennesse guy is. i looked him up, but was too bored to finish reading.
facara
Ozoneocean at 1:15AM, Dec. 4, 2010
(online)
I'm glad that both of you fine communist brothers are here!

——————
Posted 50 bazillion Comic Con Pics in the Official DD facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35439&id=163827350318344&ref=mf

“like” them all!
and “like” the group.

Look at them all and marvel for they are glorious beyond measure!
I'm going again next year, to exhibit! Who else is coming?
seventy2 at 2:52AM, Dec. 4, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
I'm glad that both of you fine communist brothers are here!

——————
Posted 50 bazillion Comic Con Pics in the Official DD facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35439&id=163827350318344&ref=mf

“like” them all!
and “like” the group.

Look at them all and marvel for they are glorious beyond measure!
I'm going again next year, to exhibit! Who else is coming?

i would go if it didn't involve capitalism. look at you oz. you're avatar reeks of the green greed.

I'm in a talkative mode.
facara
KomradeDave at 10:54AM, Dec. 4, 2010
(online)
Maybe Baltimore comiccon, also perhaps the horrorcon, doubt I'll be out to San D though.
Skullbie at 3:18PM, Dec. 4, 2010
(online)
I can't find a single book written by the guy i picked for my finals. There's tons of them but not in my libarays or bookstores.

The guy is Dr. Ambedkar. I think his background is great and that he did as much as ghandi did for india, but no1curr since he didn't wear diapers. (all the worlds greatest leaders wore diapers;jesus, hitler, john f. kennedy, steven hawking)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
frankkerr at 3:47PM, Dec. 4, 2010
(offline)
Got goldeneye DS. Is it any good? We'll see.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Aurora Borealis at 12:35AM, Dec. 5, 2010
(online)
The week of 12 hour shift is over. Now comes a week of nightshift. And then one more week of 12 hour…

AND THEN AT LEAST TWO WEEKS OFF! TIME TO DRAW COMICS! YAY!

It seems that “draw in a notebook every day” approach is paying off. I'm much happier with my improvised stuff and I'm slowly getting to the point where some of them start to somewhat resemble the stuff that's sitting in my head. I have nearly filled the entire 300 page thing (possibly 30-50 pages to go, and perhaps 20 or so pages were used for text)

Also, drew rough layouts or two short comics (6 and 2 pages) and wrote a loose outline for a slightly longer tale (I'm expecting it to be about 15-25 pages) so if everything works out, come January my webcomic shall start updating with new content, yay.

My goal for 2011: Draw a single comics page (or a publishable piece of art for my b&w/color sketchbooks) every single day whether I'm working or not.
And try to draw at least one more on the days when I'm NOT working.

I had to rename recently one of my projects titled “Vampire Empire” cause a novel with that title came out recently. Hate when that happens. Same as I can't call my “Djinn project” The Djinn cause there's a French comic titled Djinn already… And Carnivore Carnival is dangerously close to Carnivorous Carnival… and so on.

Right now I'm a happy owner of THREE Druillet books and waiting for my second Moebius purchase (and also for my own books which I hope will get here this very upcoming week cause if they miss that, they'll have to sit at the post office for the entire next week).
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
itsjustaar at 1:04AM, Dec. 5, 2010
(online)
Meh, 2010 as a whole sucked. xD Maybe not near the end, but the bulk of it? Hell. Total, utter hell. Depressing hell. x___x

Gained some friends, lost some friends, town's a boring farm/country-centric borefest for this city boy, the same old story. Blech.

ozoneocean
OMFG are you freaking blind, there are 4 threads about the same issue and an admin telling people in each one that EVERYONE is experiencing the same thing and it's being worked on…

xD You can always not reply back. I figure one ‘We’re on it' should be enough. ;D
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Ozoneocean at 5:14AM, Dec. 5, 2010
(online)
itsjustaar
ozoneocean
xD You can always not reply back. I figure one ‘We’re on it' should be enough. ;D
I would… but I hate it myself when people who know what's what are silent about stuff like that: people want to know that someone knows there's a problem, that they're around and just as concerned about it as everyone else.

Too much on DD we've had situations when there have been issues and no one in charge says anything for ages… Plat was bad about that- so I like to keep people informed. ^_^
even when it's painful hahaha!
seventy2 at 11:41AM, Dec. 5, 2010
(online)
christmas music sounds better with a guitar .

I'm trying to get us to a million replies by christmas…
facara
bravo1102 at 2:40AM, Dec. 6, 2010
(offline)
The birthday is past and I slid it under the radar at work. The last thing I really wanted was line of well meaning seniors wishing me Happy Birthday and all reminding me how young I am.

Speaking of dreams I have now had two dreams where I was hanging out with Ozone playing with cool hats and nineteenth century dress up. Imagine going to a con (like I did back in the day in a the authentic Battledress jacket prompting the eternal question “What is a Grenadier Guard?) but in the dream I was wearing the Napoleonic uniform coat.

The second one we were getting ready for an appearance in a period drama as 19th Century gentlemen with some wonderful hats and taling about hats.

Speaking of hats when the wife asked what I was doing with my birthday money I replied (as I always do quoting Hot Shots!) I'll blow it all on hats. I'm beginning to think that maybe one day I'll find myself doing that. Maybe a German helmet so I can morph into Franz Liebkind from the Producers.

”Baby, baby, Vhat is this Baby?" Victor French was so awesome.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
kyupol at 8:53AM, Dec. 6, 2010
(online)
going through my old Brood Knight comic (300-500+ pages that used to be hosted on a geocities site… geocities site went down… done way before BK)

… reading through some of those pages just… blew me away.

I DID NOT WRITE MULTIPLE PIECES OF THAT STORY. ITS BECOME EVIDENT THAT SOMEONE ELSE WROTE IT!!!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Skullbie at 1:52PM, Dec. 6, 2010
(online)
kyupol
I DID NOT WRITE MULTIPLE PIECES OF THAT STORY. ITS BECOME EVIDENT THAT SOMEONE ELSE WROTE IT!!!

Omg it must be all the nanobots those government agents put in you

————–

I respect Dr. Ambedkar so much now. He was so wise and ahead of his time, and he wasn't fruity or naive like a lot of philosophers (probably because he wasn't a philosopher). MAH HERO
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
usedbooks at 2:42PM, Dec. 6, 2010
(online)
My favorite pet rat died yesterday. She was old and had a full life, but I still miss her. I've been watching the video I took the first week I had her and reminiscing.

She was a good pet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Ironscarf at 2:43PM, Dec. 6, 2010
(offline)
KomradeDave!

What a guy - Even without face widgets.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon