Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
ayesinback at 2:45PM, Dec. 6, 2010
(online)
usedbooks
She was old and had a full life, but I still miss her.
It means there's more to miss. I'm sorry for your sadness.

@ironscarf
face widgets? i am ignorant thereof
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
KomradeDave at 7:15PM, Dec. 6, 2010
(online)
ayesinback
face widgets? i am ignorant thereof

Imagine, if you will, a device that allows for class and sophistication to be added to a person instantly. Now imagine one, through use of follicles and testosterone, were able to grow an organic version of this device. My friend, this is not science fiction, it is the world of the mustache, and it is truly a glory to behold.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
bravo1102 at 11:43PM, Dec. 6, 2010
(offline)
kyupol
… reading through some of those pages just… blew me away.

I DID NOT WRITE MULTIPLE PIECES OF THAT STORY. ITS BECOME EVIDENT THAT SOMEONE ELSE WROTE IT!!!

This is a very natural response when re-reading things you've written in the past and one reason I try not to re-read my older manuscripts.

I keep thinking that I didn't write many of the things attributed to me but it is indeed in my hand writing but I know my conscious mind can be in a state of disconnect when writing something. It's called “automatic writing” to the paranormal believer and being inspired to the professional writer.

I attended a talk on one of the most famous of the automatic writers who penned dozens of novels and poems in differing styles. It reminded me a lot of what I've read about writing from non-paranormal processes. Just because you aren't consciously aware of having written something didn't mean that your mind didn't create it.

Also that disconnect of time has allowed you to look at your work and appreciate it as others do because you're no longer in the middle of the creative process. Ideally many writers say that is how you're supposed to read anything you've written to most accurately edit it.

It's so easy to write about the writing process but so hard to write. And I also know in my heart of hearts that I don't create anything it's actually my muse.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Ozoneocean at 12:37AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(online)
usedbooks
My favorite pet rat died yesterday.
The baby rat I rescued last week died yesterday too. -_-
bravo1102
Speaking of dreams I have now had two dreams where I was hanging out with Ozone playing with cool hats and nineteenth century dress up. Imagine going to a con (like I did back in the day in a the authentic Battledress jacket prompting the eternal question "What is a Grenadier Guard?) but in the dream I was wearing the Napoleonic uniform coat.
Well get ready to come to Sand Diego in July 2011 and we can do that for real because Imma be there again!

And anyone else that wants to go. You've got more than enough time to prepare.

It's gonna be Soooo cool!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
skoolmunkee at 2:08AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(offline)
Happy b-day bravo! If it helps can wait in a line and remind you how old you are?

I'm sorry about your baby rattie, Oz. I am sorry I said he was gross and probably diseased too. Baby rats can be pretty fragile and hard to raise if they are too young.

I have a bunch of handmade christmas present type things I need to finish (including a bunch of art), and I really WANT to finish them soon. There's just not enough time. I took 2 weeks off work for the holidays and now I am wishing I took this week off instead of the one right before christmas. I need this week to get stuff finished so it's done in time! I guess that is motivation to get my work-work done quickly today, but that never happens. It always takes til 5pm no matter how much I have to get done. The temptation on work-from-home days like this is great…

I hate searching for stuff in resource repositories, they're all so different and fiddly and most of the stuff you find isn't what you're looking for. I hope someone comes up with a federated search for these things soon, unlikely though as they're all database-based.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
ayesinback at 5:01AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(online)
@ Komradedave
Thank you for the elucidation. If I had thought about it (widgets being units of production) - nah, I'd still be thinking.

@ ozone
I'm sorry to learn about squeakers. I can't think of anyone who would have been a more devoted “foster mom”

@ brave
happy belated - when was your B-day? My Mom's was yesterday; my grandmother's is tomorrow. Sags in the family.

so life is currently being managed in a home of stockpiles: kitchen stuff littering both DR and LR (like cats & dogs & SHEEP CO-mingling), the bedroom filled with presents to wrap or box for shipping. And what I always dread - one present so hidden away that I have no friggin idea where it is. All I want now is a wet vac of impossible proportion to suck up whole rooms at a time and just be done with it.

You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Aurora Borealis at 6:43AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(online)
Yaaay, got my comics!

The printing job's very good, I do have two issues though. First, the content of the pages seems always shifted about 2mm to the left so the two sides of the double page (I mean the actual sheet of paper) don't align perfectly… plus, when folding and stapling, the spine is shifted a little on some of them which creates the annoying bleeding of page 10's white frame onto page 43's fullbleed image. In other words, I have a thin, white line there. Also, this means left margin is always narrower than the right one.

But that happens a lot with regularly printed books too from what I saw so eh, whatever.

Second issue, the books refuse to lay flat and are bulging, as if screaming “open and read me!”

Other than that it's just me making mistakes like not checking whether the black areas are 100% black (becomes obvious on two illustrations that have weird brighterspots in the middle of black and one where originally hand filled areas are visibly lighter than the photoshop fills).

Other than that? I am happy :D

Colors came out pretty close to what I though I was using (blue's a little bit on the “poppy” side, depends which shade I have used… but greens, most of reds and yellows etc. are spot on).

The one thing that makes me happiest? My art looks better on paper than on the screen :D

Photos coming soon, whenever I am feeling well enough to set up some sort of shooting grounds, haha.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Terminal at 10:34AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(online)
DAMN YOU GT5

I just realize it was December.

WHEN DID IT STOP BEING NOVEMBER AND WHEN WAS THANKSGIVING?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
frankkerr at 10:53AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(offline)
Terminal posted. We must screen cap this rare event!
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Ozoneocean at 8:27PM, Dec. 7, 2010
(online)
Termi should post a lot more than he does.
…being a mod and all ;)
———————–

@ Skool and Ayes- thanks. I buried the little fella in the garden in a nice box filled with lambs wool.
———————–

Bad mood today, feeling grumpy. Must have been because I went to bed late.
Feeling generally pissed off, especially about work. Thinking more and more about going 100% freelance… but that's tricky when you haven't got the work lined up ready.
HippieVan at 8:49PM, Dec. 7, 2010
(online)
Sorry to hear about the rats, usedbooks hl=en_US">
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
usedbooks at 10:47PM, Dec. 7, 2010
(online)
Thanks for the sympathies. It has been a hard week for my critters. The electricity/heating went out, and that didn't help the already geriatric and weak among the group. I lost five, but Patch was my favorite. Luckily, the younger ones weren't affected by the cold. I got the heating managed now. The rats that died I was expecting to lose soon, and I don't know if the cold had an effect, but I feel guilty about it.

Oh, and don't feel bad, ozone. I used to try to foster wildlife. They don't fare well in captivity even with expert care. Wild rodents and rabbits are incredibly fragile and sensitive to captivity. Despite that, it sucks to lose the battle. -_- I was 2 for 10 or something for wildlife rehab. I managed to release a bat and a vole. Both were adults, and the bat was “captive” for less than a day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
skoolmunkee at 1:08AM, Dec. 8, 2010
(offline)
Oh usedbooks, sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out. :[ I must have missed your post somehow. I'm sorry to hear about your rat too. I had a couple rats when I was growing up (we weren't allowed big animals) and it was especially hard because they have such short lives.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
seventy2 at 5:20AM, Dec. 8, 2010
(online)
i cannot sleep.
—–

My replacements are here. now i play the i work until the last day game, while everyone else enjoys their week of vacation.
——-

i had more to rant about, but with the quarter mile walk to the internet usage gazebo (not what it's really called) i forgot.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Terminal at 1:20PM, Dec. 8, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
Termi should post a lot more than he does.
…being a mod and all ;)

I watch. I watch and I observe.

Insert evil laughter and lighting storm and all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
KomradeDave at 7:10PM, Dec. 8, 2010
(online)
Terminal

Your avatar did not look creepy until you said that, now it's creepy as hell.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
HippieVan at 7:43PM, Dec. 8, 2010
(online)
I feel terrible. I'm supposed to be writing my world lit paper but I can't focus, I just want to lie down. Bleh.
bravo1102 at 8:34PM, Dec. 8, 2010
(offline)
KomradeDave
Terminal

Your avatar did not look creepy until you said that, now it's creepy as hell.

Don't look over there, just keep walking.
Did it suddenly get colder around here?
Climate change.
Caused by creepy avatars.
Just keep walking.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Genejoke at 6:41AM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
Hippie Van
I feel terrible. I'm supposed to be writing my world lit paper but I can't focus, I just want to lie down. Bleh.

Snap!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Aurora Borealis at 10:39AM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
All right. So we're supposed to get paid on 10th or before.

And every month the money gets wired on the 9th. USUALLY in time so that if you leave work at 2pm, you have it in your bank account already.

But not THIS month. Nooo, it's 7:35pm and there's still exactly NOTHING in my bank account. The last meal I had was yesterday's dinner, about 26 hours ago. Nothing in the fridge, no money to buy any food. Leaving for work at 9pm. It seems the soonest I can eat anything is after 7am.

*goes away pissed off*
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Ozoneocean at 11:13AM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

Listen to the new DD podcasts! http://podcast.drunkduck.com/

Listen!!! http://podcast.drunkduck.com/

Listen!!!!!!! http://podcast.drunkduck.com/

I'm telling you to listen!!!!!! http://podcast.drunkduck.com/

They're cool. They're groovy, they're hip, they're…. not really any of that stuff but listen anyway!
Genejoke at 12:46PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
Just listening to them and I agree that some of the comment on the person above you threads perhaps could be in the hey look at what I did section.
Skullbie at 6:59PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
Hurray i'm free of school! but now i have to get a job. -_- noooooo

But first I plan to finish up Battlefarts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Ozoneocean at 7:14PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
Oooooooooooooh…I have a headache… I wanna go home -_-
Genejoke
Just listening to them and I agree that some of the comment on the person above you threads perhaps could be in the hey look at what I did section.
Yay! Glad you agree man! :)
I wouldn't want to do it suddenly though. There'll need to be consultation with those that post there regularly, but it'd be great to liven up the HELWID section with them.

Now to work on the next page of Piny TA… and get rid of this headache!

@Skull- good luck getting a job! Hope you find a good one. :)
HippieVan at 8:15PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
One of the regulars at work today told me a dirty joke.
That was awkward, and pretty inappropriate. Although I guess pretty funny.
Skullbie at 10:43PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
@Skull- good luck getting a job! Hope you find a good one. :)

—–

Sooo i have finished all 64hrs of battlestar galactica, and had nothing better to do after viewing it besides add up the runtimes on the back of the box. It was pretty incredible, i can't even begin to list all the moral topics it covered and questioned…

My only complaint is it got into some preachy dogma at the end. It's like one of the writers turned into those obnoxious born again christians and turned battlefarts into his creative preaching outlet. But even with numerous other plotholes this is probably the most well put together series i've ever watched.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Genejoke at 4:55AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(online)
My two year old has perfected the air raid siren noise for when he doesn't get his way. The effect is magnified 100 fold as I am full of the cold or man flu, it is testing my patience somewhat but he doesn't understand that he cannot just eat sweets for lunch.

BSG was an awesome show in spite of it's flaws. Have recently been watching BBCs Merlin, which when it first started I dismissed pretty quick but I have to say it is far better than anything else the BBC have done in recent years.

And yes I do include doctor who in that statement.
Genejoke at 4:56AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(online)
Someone
Now to work on the next page of Piny TA… and get rid of this headache!

Another one? do you intend to update again this year?
Salsa at 9:33AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(offline)
Rant: Good grief. The first review we've done since going on Hiatus is going to make me look like a jerk.

Rave: Webcomic Acid Test is back in business. which means I gotta update my sig. I've gotten a new hat and I'm about to go eat lunch with my nana.

Moan: Sleep deprecation and playing the waiting game with my professors over when my final grades are going up. I refuse to lose dangit! (so far an A- and a B, 3.66 and 3.00 on a 4.00 scale) Oh and this may be attributing to the meanness I felt while reading the next comic.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Ozoneocean at 9:19PM, Dec. 10, 2010
(online)
Genejoke
Another one? do you intend to update again this year?
Given my track recorded it's doubtful.

I cold make a valiant try though!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon