Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
HippieVan at 2:50PM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
What's going on with the trophies? No idea :(
All I know is that some were deleted apparently from some profiles. Lucky mine were still there though because it helped me work out how to restore them to people…one by one :(
Yup, you're right about the 2500 posts too! Well spotted!
Thanks for putting mine back, oz!
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Amelius at 10:31PM, Sept. 15, 2011
(offline)
Whoa… is it just me or are all the advertisements missing? Should we be worried? I'm worried! I'm very worried! I know the ads were annoying and sometimes intrusive, but that was kinda the only income (that I was aware of at least) supporting the site so I'm wondering what's going on… I'm just saying Wowio seemed awfully concerned about not offending the big advertisers with our paltry PW ads and laid aside the prime space on our comics to please them, so seeing these blank boxes really makes me worry that something bad is going on.
Ozoneocean at 10:39PM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
@Hippie- No worries! There's not much I can currently do to fix things so I'm very happy when I CAN fix stuff like that :)
Amelius wrote:
Whoa… is it just me or are all the advertisements missing? Should we be worried? I'm worried! I'm very worried! I know the ads were annoying and sometimes intrusive, but that was kinda the only income (that I was aware of at least) supporting the site so I'm wondering what's going on… I'm just saying Wowio seemed awfully concerned about not offending the big advertisers with our paltry PW ads and laid aside the prime space on our comics to please them, so seeing these blank boxes really makes me worry that something bad is going on.
I wouldn't worry just yet… We had some trouble with malware being detected by users and Lawrence suspected some rogue ads… This might just be him trying to sort out some countermeasures.

That's just a theory though, I'll e-mail him about it when I get home!

Thanks for posting about this- I very rarely see the ads because of all my ad block stuff so I wouldn't have know otherwise :)
Niccea at 9:24AM, Sept. 16, 2011
(offline)
Ditto on the ad block. I see big blank squares all the time. They aren't pleasing to the eye but they are much better than ads.
Amelius at 11:28AM, Sept. 16, 2011
(offline)
Ah, they are back now (intermittently though) and a Dodge ad starting talking at me and made me jump! Okay, thanks for the heads up on that, I was wondering if it had something to do with that. Norton pinged me about a malicious toolkit last week, but I didn't know if it was DD or DA but I was giving the duck the benefit of doubt since I thought we got a better ad service than that… (then again DA probably has a “reputable” service too, and I'm always getting redirects and virus warnings there). I hope no one takes my comment about the ads too hard though, it's just difficult not to feel a little second fiddle to the ads at times, but if we're going to play second fiddle I want those ads to actually be bringing in some money for the site! I wish there was something we could actually do for the site though, y'know, like some sort of bake sale they do in those hokey kid's movies to save that one thing that needs savin'. Somehow I feel motivation is low around here for something like an art drive… would they even accept donations from the community, I wonder?
Ozoneocean at 9:16AM, Sept. 17, 2011
(online)
I've emailed Lawrence about the ad situation- disappearing and talking etc.
It's the weekend though so response will be a while in coming…

As for bake sales, hahaha! Love it! The thing would be to raise money especially to pay Lawrence to do some extra work on the site . Either that or something to make Wowio really amazingly popular and interesting to investors.

Makes my brain melt to contemplate it… I'm not a financial guy at all in any way shape or form. The only way I've mostly ever got paying work is by people coming to ME, I can't even handle fanatical stuff that far. >.<
brightpath at 12:06PM, Sept. 19, 2011
(online)
Any word on when we will get our stats back. I have no idea how many people have check out my comic in the last threemonths. Its kind of frustrating looking for new comics when they are no longerranked by views but instead listed alphabtically. Im thinking of creating a comic called 00001 just so it pops up first when you search for comics:)
skoolmunkee at 1:05AM, Sept. 20, 2011
(offline)
Unfortunately the word is that nothing is going to happen until Wowio gets some money and can put people/resources back into the site. Nothing's been done here since the end of July for that reason. People essentially either have to choose whether the service they get currently is satisfactory (or how long they're willing to wait for improvements), or not.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
SpANG at 8:46AM, Sept. 20, 2011
(online)
Different cover… Same ol' story.
What a shame. :(
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on Sept. 20, 2011 8:48AM
jercoxthealmighty at 11:57PM, Sept. 21, 2011
(online)
I hope this is the right place to post this…
I haven't been able to upload a comic in the last two days. All I get is a 502 Bad Gateway message…
BarryCorbett at 6:47AM, Sept. 23, 2011
(online)
No stats showing for Ginger and Shadow. Using Safari 5.06 on a Mac OS X 10.6.6.
Thanks,
Barry
lothar at 8:28AM, Sept. 23, 2011
(offline)
holy FUCK !
it's
SPANG !
skoolmunkee at 1:48AM, Sept. 24, 2011
(offline)
jerccx: I left you a reply in your Help forum thread.

re stats: yes, they're not enabled for anyone. They're one of those ‘didn’t get done before the changeover, but will come soon after' things (which were delayed)

everyone else: hang in there. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Product Placement at 3:13PM, Sept. 28, 2011
(online)
What's the status on the comic bulk uploader? I'm thinking about doing another community comic for this years 24 hour comic book day but it would be rather awful if I had to manually put in every single page, one by one.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
Genejoke at 3:31PM, Sept. 28, 2011
(online)
I'm pretty sure that works.
skoolmunkee at 12:42AM, Sept. 29, 2011
(offline)
It should do!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
I heart artists at 4:38PM, Oct. 1, 2011
(online)
Hi,

I'm trying to create a comiccalled, “Tera 101”. Problem is Iinadvertentlydeleted a comic by the same name (created by me) so now when I try to re-create it I get an error message that says, “This title already exists.” Argh! Can you reset it so I can create my comic under the title I want? Help! Please!

Tera
Ozoneocean at 12:01AM, Oct. 2, 2011
(online)
Ok I heart artists, you should be able to make a new comic wiith that title now.
Product Placement at 2:55AM, Oct. 2, 2011
(online)
I can't use BBcode in the comment section of someone's comic. I was trying to give the said person a banner picture, for finishing a 24 hour comic and instead of showing my picture, it displays an ugly code.

There used to be a tradition that when someone's comic got nominated or won drunk duck awards a banner picture indicating such an event was posted on the comment section of such comics. Now that's impossible to do.

Edit: Oh, and every time I post a post in the forum, I get diverted to some wierd page that tells me that there are no post in the thread that I just posted in. When I go back to the forum section and re-enter the thread, everything's fine and I can read the comment that I just posted.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on Oct. 2, 2011 2:57AM
Niccea at 8:37AM, Oct. 2, 2011
(offline)
I just posted the code anyways. It worked…not ideal, but atleast it was even easier to copy paste.
Darwin at 1:14PM, Oct. 2, 2011
(offline)
I heart artists wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a comiccalled, “Tera 101”. Problem is Iinadvertentlydeleted a comic by the same name (created by me) so now when I try to re-create it I get an error message that says, “This title already exists.” Argh! Can you reset it so I can create my comic under the title I want? Help! Please!

Tera

ZOMG! TERA! Welcome back! I can't tell you how much I've missed seeing you active on here!
Ozoneocean at 3:37AM, Oct. 4, 2011
(online)
ATTENTION:

MISSING DD Trophies and comments from your profile page?

The reason that happens if that any time you change your profile it makes resets and deletes them. If you still have your comments and trophies and don't want to lose them, then don't change your pofile!

If you HAVE changed it and lots trophies and comments, I can't do anything about the lost comments but I can give you your trophies again.
Product Placement at 6:37AM, Oct. 4, 2011
(online)
I really miss being able to include chapters in comics. I made one for the front page of the old 24 hour comic collection so that it would be easier for people to jump between submissions but now that feature is gone.

Something to add to the great big list of fix request.

Edit: Also, I'm still getting that weird “There are no posts in this thread” comment, every time I post in this thread. It only seems to be this thread, at the moment, though, so maybe you need to reach a certain amount of pages in order to trigger it.

Anyone else having this issue?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on Oct. 4, 2011 12:13PM
ayesinback at 7:34AM, Oct. 4, 2011
(online)
Product Placement wrote:

Edit: Also, I'm still getting that weird “There are no posts in this thread” comment, every time I post in this thread. It only seems to be this thread, at the moment, though, so maybe you need to reach a certain amount of pages in order to tricker it.

yes, on and off with different threads/forums. I haven't been able to identify a commonalitiy among the occurences
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Darwin at 4:16PM, Oct. 4, 2011
(offline)
ayesinback wrote:
Product Placement wrote:

Edit: Also, I'm still getting that weird “There are no posts in this thread” comment, every time I post in this thread. It only seems to be this thread, at the moment, though, so maybe you need to reach a certain amount of pages in order to tricker it.

yes, on and off with different threads/forums. I haven't been able to identify a commonalitiy among the occurences
I think it's because it tries to roll over to the next page and then it tries to say because the page is new there are no comments in the entire thread….
cres0066 at 5:55PM, Oct. 4, 2011
(offline)
I am having the same problem. I made a new account just to say it.
My new account is cres0066
My old account was cres0055
When I click pasword reset it sends me the email and then I try to login but it doesn't work with the new password or the old one.

(offline)

srhdt wrote:

mr_pankacez wrote:
So, is there any sort of fix for those of us who can't log into our
main accounts? I was planning on updating my comics again but my login
isn't working.
Are you unable to use the password reset feature?
Yeah, I get a bad gateway error. Is there a manual reset you could do?
My username's therealtj.

cres0055 at 5:57PM, Oct. 4, 2011
(online)
Never mind I'm in
cres0066 wrote:
I am having the same problem. I made a new account just to say it.
My new account is cres0066
My old account was cres0055
When I click pasword reset it sends me the email and then I try to login but it doesn't work with the new password or the old one.

(offline)

srhdt wrote:

mr_pankacez wrote:
So, is there any sort of fix for those of us who can't log into our
main accounts? I was planning on updating my comics again but my login
isn't working.
Are you unable to use the password reset feature?
Yeah, I get a bad gateway error. Is there a manual reset you could do?
My username's therealtj.

raimusxczar at 3:00PM, Oct. 9, 2011
(offline)
i was gone while the site went through it's re-design and i just noticed that all of my trophies are gone. please fix this :(

skoolmunkee at 12:23AM, Oct. 10, 2011
(offline)
We can put them back manually, which ones did you have?

(Also please note that editing your profile will reset them again, so… make sure you've made all the profile changes you want to make for now)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Keybounce at 10:17PM, Oct. 10, 2011
(online)
My bookmarks!

I'm back here after a while off (basically, since the redesign/move).

All of my DD bookmarks for my favorites have been unset! So instead of being able to continue reading from where I left off, I'm now “now”.

Is there any way to fix my old bookmarks? I've noticed that there never was any redirection database from the old URL's in my browser bookmarks, but to see that DD's own “where you saved” isn't updated either?
Signature? A digital signature? But that has to be different for every post; how can one signature work for all posts?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon