Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Happy 2022! General Discussion Thread
Ironscarf at 12:35PM, June 21, 2022
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
I'm normally pretty even tempered, detached, and flippant… but I tell ya… the instant something breaks through that thin shell of serenity the tears fall XD
It's weird. I just have to think of a couple of lines of poetry, song lyrics, hear a tragic story, remember a dead pet's name etc and if the emotional resonance is sharp enough it slays me.
I've never been a really emotional person so that's unfamiliar to me.

Anyone else get that sort of thing?

Oh yes, I've noticed this and I'm sure it's a symptom of ageing. I think this is why old people buy a lot of handkerchiefs
bravo1102 at 4:51AM, June 22, 2022
(offline)
Studies indicate it is part of aging as the brain has accumulated experience that evoke sentimental responses. There are also some changes in body chemistry.

My case though, having major biological based depression, it hits all the time.
elektro at 5:30AM, June 23, 2022
(offline)
So I've been working on another song the past week or so. I was inspired by the awful case of Lacey Fletcher for this one. It has been a pretty challenging composition considering all the tempo changes (sometime in the future I want to do a song with time changes as well). Let me know your thoughts.

Hellhole in the Sofa (Test Mix)
Genejoke at 7:42AM, June 24, 2022
(online)
I can't offer deep insightful comments as the technical aspects of music elude me, but I like what you're doing with this one and seems to work well.
elektro at 7:59AM, June 27, 2022
(offline)
A guy on another forum asked me to provide vocals to a cover song he was working on. This is the result.

Synd - You Spin Me Right Round (Dead or Alive cover)
Genejoke at 9:56AM, June 27, 2022
(online)
Interesting. I wouldn't have imagined you singing that song but I like it.

Ozoneocean at 6:14PM, June 27, 2022
(online)
I was at a popculture convention all weekend cosplaying and now I have to catch up to real life again. Oh dear…
I'm very tired still.
Genejoke at 5:09AM, June 28, 2022
(online)
Sounds like a good weekend though.

I'm still trying to get back to reality after my holiday, easier said than done.

bravo1102 at 5:37AM, June 28, 2022
(offline)
Great part of my schedule is I only work four days a week. Monday I do a double shift but half is the overnight where nothing happens at all for eight hours, so it's almost like another day off. Sit and watch YouTube. You know all of McHale's Navy is on YouTube? Carol Burnett full episodes, Dean Martin show and celebrity roasts. And tons of old movies and old time original serials.
Also highly recommend the Fall of Civilization podcast. Amazing well researched and detailed accounts of all kinds of past cultures.
last edited on June 28, 2022 5:39AM
Ironscarf at 6:29AM, July 2, 2022
(offline)
Famous 1940s trumpeter and bandleader Harry James wrote:

1. It's easy – just set the rhumba to work cleaning one section of your room at a time and let it do it's thing.

2.Remove any large or heavy objects from the room that the roomba might hit while cleaning.

Wouldn't it be better to remove the large heavy objects first? I'm not sure I want to get into a fight with a Latin American robot while I'm trying to drag bookcases tables and a sofa through a small door.
Ozoneocean at 9:09PM, July 3, 2022
(online)
Ironscarf wrote:
Famous 1940s trumpeter and bandleader Harry James wrote:

1. It's easy – just set the rhumba to work cleaning one section of your room at a time and let it do it's thing.

2.Remove any large or heavy objects from the room that the roomba might hit while cleaning.

Wouldn't it be better to remove the large heavy objects first? I'm not sure I want to get into a fight with a Latin American robot while I'm trying to drag bookcases tables and a sofa through a small door.
Hahaha! Oh our creative spammers… XD

—————————-

Oh dear, the US is really rolling towards that Handmaid's Tale future… I'd much rather Star Trek myself :(
If there was any future I could choose to head towards, Margaret Attwood's dystopia would NOT ever be my choice.

—————————–

One of the most prevalent ads on free podcast services and free internet TV and even YouTube here are ads for online betting.
I find most forms of gambling so sad. It's so unbelievably pathetic and lame. I feel so sorry for the poor people caught up in it.

Something like a lottery where it's a small outlay for a potential massive reward that you know you're very unlikely to ever win is ok because the stakes are realistic and upfront and it doesn't encourage addictive behaviour or run-on spending in the vast majority of people.
bravo1102 at 4:06AM, July 4, 2022
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:

Oh dear, the US is really rolling towards that Handmaid's Tale future… I'd much rather Star Trek myself :(
If there was any future I could choose to head towards, Margaret Attwood's dystopia would NOT ever be my choice.

Sad to say but before Zephram Cochrane makes his historic flight mid century there will be a complete social breakdown in the USA as well as a world War. So we could see Margaret Atwood's dystopia before the Star Trek First Contact April 5, 2063. I'll be 98. I plan on being around. Lol. I'll be the really old bearded guy who's in the crowd in the scene in the movie. ;)
dpat57 at 2:55PM, July 7, 2022
(offline)
It's true what they say about covid leaving you with brain fog, I tested || in early June, almost a month later my remaining brain cells are only just starting to rub together to make sparks. I'm still coughing throughout the night, as if my sleep wasn't crap enough already. Oh well, gotta be alive to complain.
Genejoke at 3:39PM, July 7, 2022
(online)
yup it does that. Although I'm always hearing how it's just a mild cold.
Unka John at 8:23PM, July 7, 2022
(offline)
I think it depends on whether you caught earlier or later variants of covid. My wife has friends who lost family members early on and a non-smoking friend suffered lung damage. I caught it in december and couldn't get out of bed for a week. Took another month to shake it.
elektro at 9:11PM, July 7, 2022
(offline)
A while back I posted a Youtube playlist of some songs I was working on. Well, I finally released the finished product tonight.

Buskers, by Buskers
lothar at 2:59AM, July 8, 2022
(offline)
Ex prime minister of Japan Abe Shinzo was shot and killed today. Some ex-military guy with a home made gun did it. He was the longest serving primer minister. It fucking sucks. 😢
kawaiidaigakusei at 7:43PM, July 8, 2022
(online)
lothar wrote:
Ex prime minister of Japan Abe Shinzo was shot and killed today. Some ex-military guy with a home made gun did it. He was the longest serving primer minister. It fucking sucks. 😢

I thought about you @lothar when I read the headline. I am saddened by your country’s loss today.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 8:23PM, July 11, 2022
(online)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
lothar wrote:

I thought about you @lothar when I read the headline. I am saddened by your country’s loss today.
It's weird and awful. Apparently he was fixated… Hi mum was conned into donating all her money to a religious scam and he blamed Abe, thinking he was connected to the cult. It's like the plot of a manga :(

—————–

This is interesting. It's an article about Ironscafr's hometown… About the super rich in London building mega basements with swimming pools, gyms, cinemas, panic rooms, and even waterfalls and beaches. Funny that the researcher in charge of finding out about these is call “professor Burrows”.
Haha!
Very British in humour and style. I wonder if he's secretly a Womble?
Or even a Badger or Mole, ie Wind in the Willows…
Ironscarf at 4:41AM, July 12, 2022
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:

This is interesting. It's an article about Ironscafr's hometown… About the super rich in London building mega basements with swimming pools, gyms, cinemas, panic rooms, and even waterfalls and beaches. Funny that the researcher in charge of finding out about these is call “professor Burrows”.
Haha!
Very British in humour and style. I wonder if he's secretly a Womble?
Or even a Badger or Mole, ie Wind in the Willows…

There was a high profile and somewhat hilarious example of this, where Jimmy Page took his neighbour Robbie Williams to court over plans to extend his basement, which went down like a Led balloon. Jimmy claimed it would threaten the foundations of his listed building, which was formerly the home of noted occultist Alistair Crowley. The whole thing reminded me of Stella Street, but I can't remember the outcome.
Genejoke at 7:20AM, July 12, 2022
(online)
Hahaha! that's brilliant.

This heatwave is horrible. It's funny how a few weeks back I was in Spain in much higher temperatures and it was fine but here it's oppressive.
elektro at 10:11AM, July 12, 2022
(offline)
Collaborated on another song with my guy in the UK. This time it's a remake of a Modern English classic.

SynD - Melt With You (Modern English cover)
Genejoke at 2:34PM, July 13, 2022
(online)
Nice work on that, I really like it.
Genejoke at 2:36PM, July 16, 2022
(online)
And I have covid, again. Feel completely washed out. The joys.
Ozoneocean at 7:48PM, July 18, 2022
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
I still haven't had it yet… I feel it's only a mater of time. People call it “the spicy cough” here. I hate the. Just call it CoVid. Dickheads.

I hope you recover ok man! It must be nasty with that and the very hot weather there.
bravo1102 at 8:51AM, July 19, 2022
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
I still haven't had it yet… I feel it's only a mater of time. People call it “the spicy cough” here. I hate the. Just call it CoVid. Dickheads.

I hope you recover ok man! It must be nasty with that and the very hot weather there.
Spicy cough? I get that every time I have hot sauce. It's called acid reflux and has nothing to do with Covid.
Tantz_Aerine at 10:14AM, July 19, 2022
(online)
I'm bedridden with a nasty case of lumbago. :( Can barely walk and even sitting up or going to the bathroom is agony. I almost passed out from the pain this morning. I'm on painkiller now and it's somewhat better. I hope it passes before Friday or I won't be able to make WM this week.
Ironscarf at 4:54PM, July 19, 2022
(offline)
Hope you're feeling better soon Tantz, I'm reckon you've more than earned earned a week off at least.
Genejoke at 11:11PM, July 19, 2022
(online)
Not fun, I've been living with similar problems for a few years it's not pleasant and really hinders creativity when it's bad.
bravo1102 at 12:25AM, July 20, 2022
(offline)
Just take it easy. The human curse of having a spine still made for walking on all fours with the rest of skeleton having evolved for walking upright. Spine just never caught up.
As I discovered while recovering from my eye operations (in bed on one side all day.) Great time to catch up on those podcasts. YouTube videos and comic reading.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon