Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Happy 2022! General Discussion Thread
Ozoneocean at 2:21AM, Aug. 31, 2022
(online)
Sounds like a kinky dream 😸

Does Ali express have workable alternatives?
It certainly has wierd crap… It sent me an ad with ship and anime models the other day. The anime models looked cool so I clicked through… And there was a posable schoolgirl model tied up and having rations of a sexual nature with a posable dog model. On Ali expres for reals. O_O

——–

Ah…. F me dead. Just as I'm all cured I'd CoVid I go and burn my bloody hand. Stupid gas bbq flash burned me.
I had no idea you could get a burn THIS painful that fast!
It was just a microsecond's explosion. Burning gas gently enveloped my fingers and disappeared faster than thought and the the pain! Argh!
It feels like I've sliced my fingers open.

I phoned my ex who's an ER nurse and got advice.
It's so weird… There were no marks and no physical effects what so ever, just pain. While if I burn myself on metal or scald myself I get blisters right away and the pain fades after a while. This is just going crazy!
The only marks I've had so far was some pinkness.
Cold running water, ice and a cold gauze bandage are the only things that keep the pain bearable.

So that's my rant!
Typing all this keeps my mind to f the pain.
bravo1102 at 4:52AM, Aug. 31, 2022
(offline)
There's a complete line of BDSM paraphernalia for 1/6 figures. Even scale environments with flagstone floors.

I have the reissues of the infamous 1/13 scale monster series model kits from Aurora that was banned from advertising in comic books in the late 1960s early 1970s.Had the comics and always wanted it. Even had a Vampirella figure but that sold out so fast. Found out Hammer was all set up to do a Vampirella movie in the 1970s. The perfect actress wasn't willing to do the required nudity and they couldn't agree on a script. 😔☹
Ozoneocean at 6:13AM, Sept. 1, 2022
(online)
Vampirella is an amazing looking character… Too bad the insides of the comics never matched the glory of the covers XD

———————

My flashburn healed, YAY! THAT was an interesting experience, it clued me in an a whole new kind of pain and a new type of burn that I'd never experienced before and I'm grateful for that because it's the sort of thing you have to experience to understand.
Before that I'd just think that a flashburn was like any other kind of burn… now I realise that there are lots of very different kinds of burns and I do NOT want to experience any others… Imagine how bad an actual 3rd degree burn must be? JEEEEZZZZZUS…

bravo1102 at 6:45AM, Sept. 1, 2022
(offline)
Try third degree sunburn. Wear bandages with lotion for two weeks and just don't touch it or even look at it.
Change the bandages, put the cream on it and nothing else. Talk about tender.
Ozoneocean at 7:26AM, Sept. 2, 2022
(online)
Ugh… There really should be criminal penalties for anyone who pedals fake health rumours and tries to sell fake cancer cures. It's not buyer beware it's murder.

A friend of mine has an ovarian tumour and she's now decided to avoid sugar because she thinks it'll prevent the cancer growing and avoid an operation… She thinks Candida has something to do with cancer. Jeeeeeez… That was a rumour started by a moron.
Makes me feel so powerless and angry.

Pseudo health crap is criminal.
last edited on Sept. 2, 2022 7:27AM
kawaiidaigakusei at 2:40PM, Sept. 3, 2022
(online)
Ozoneocean wrote:

A friend of mine has an ovarian tumour and she's now decided to avoid sugar because she thinks it'll prevent the cancer growing and avoid an operation…

Sorry to hear about this. I hope for the best for your friend.

==

Has anyone been to the movies lately? I was scrolling through the kiosk for shows this week and it turns out:
-Star Trek: (Part II) The Wrath of Khan is celebrating its 40th Anniversary tomorrow (Sunday, September 4)
-Clerks III is going to be in theaters mid-September
-Mother Theresa has a new biopic
-A new David Bowie biopic is on the horizon

The mall now has a Bitcoin ATM, and all I could think was, “Is this the Future?”
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
kawaiidaigakusei at 4:31PM, Sept. 8, 2022
(online)
ThrisbyDude wrote:
((pants slowly))

For nearly two hours, I went on a crazy road trip because I got lost trying to drive myself to the Walmart my family usually get groceries from.

You wanna know how I got lost? I turned off my mobile data while my phone's GPS was trying to guide me there.

I think I'll stick with online delivery for a week, unless I go with someone towards that grocery store. Despite me not going there, what I've been through today was ‘driver’s experience' enough. Also, me and the car made it home safely. I'm going to relax and sleep now.
Phew!

I am glad you made it back home safely. Two hours on the road? Would it have taken less time to walk to Walmart?
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
elektro at 11:32AM, Sept. 18, 2022
(offline)
The last several weeks, I've been working on a monster song project. Below is what I have so far:

Buskers - Mr. Petersik (So Far)

This song, currently, is nearly 15 minutes long. It'll be even longer once everything is done.
Genejoke at 1:50PM, Sept. 18, 2022
(online)
Thats a bonkers track, it'll be interesting to hear the finished song.
elektro at 1:56PM, Sept. 18, 2022
(offline)
Basically, I wanted to let my inner prog nerd out. I've always wanted to make something in the vein of 2112, Light of Day Day of Darkness, Jack Luminous, Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Operation: Mindcrime, you get the idea. Guess I needed some real inspiration to do so. Hell, before I even recorded a note, I made a character sheet and plot synopsis, like I was writing a comic.
Genejoke at 2:12PM, Sept. 18, 2022
(online)
Yeah I definitely got the comic vibe, as well as some suicidal tendencies feel and it reminded me of not now james we're busy by PWEI.
J_Scarbrough at 2:25PM, Sept. 19, 2022
(offline)
Uh oh! Guess what day it is! Guess what day it is!

Mike-Mike-Mike-Mike-Mike! What day is it Mike?

No, not Hump Day. . . .

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
Ironscarf at 5:25PM, Sept. 19, 2022
(offline)
That takes me back to the year I joined the site. Everyone had impressive pirate avatars and they were going overboard with salty sea chat any jolly Jack tar would be proud of. Like an unwalked plank I was left high and dry.

The following year I swore an oath on Davy Jones' locker to be prepared. I sailed in with me hook, pirate phrase book and parrot shouldered avatar, ready for some jolly rodgering and what should I encounter to port and starboard?
Not so much as a peep from a crusty hornpipe. It was so quiet you could've heard a bilge rat farting in a crow's nest.
last edited on Sept. 19, 2022 5:26PM
elektro at 5:52PM, Sept. 20, 2022
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
Thats a bonkers track, it'll be interesting to hear the finished song.

If you thought what I have so far was bonkers, take a listen to what I have for the next part. The mixing isn't finalized yet, but I'd say it nearly threw my voice out while recording the vocals.

Buskers - Mr. Petersik Part 4 (Rough Mix)
elektro at 10:25AM, Sept. 27, 2022
(offline)
I've been making more progress on the Mr. Petersik song, and am just a little more than half-way finished. If you've got almost 20 minutes to kill, check it out below.

Buskers - Mr. Petersik (Further Progress)

As a bonus, I've made an album cover/poster for this next album. I was originally going to call it something else, but since Mr. Petersik has become the dominating song of this album, I decided to title the album that.

Ozoneocean at 3:17AM, Oct. 3, 2022
(online)
Good artwork man ^_^

Jeepers creepers! I'm trying to do the Quackcast editing and I'm just blooping off into sleep and dreams every 30 seconds. It's like when you've had a lot of codeine, but without the “wrapped cotton wool” sensation of being separated from everything.
I don't get it. I've had enough sleep… This room should have enough ventilation too.
Maybe I need to measure the oxygen in here?
Ironscarf at 5:29AM, Oct. 3, 2022
(offline)
That sounds worrying. Could there be a carbon monoxide issue?
Ozoneocean at 8:27PM, Oct. 3, 2022
(online)
Ironscarf wrote:
That sounds worrying. Could there be a carbon monoxide issue?
It's possible! I think I'll pop a window next time and order an oxygen meter.
bravo1102 at 4:45AM, Oct. 4, 2022
(offline)
CO detectors are mandatory in homes in NJ. Had it go off once and had to ventilate the house and call in someone to sniff it out and fix it. It was the boiler.
lothar at 5:47PM, Oct. 4, 2022
(offline)
Yesterday North Korea launched a missile over us. Everyone went about their day like it was no big deal. Am I the crazy one?
bravo1102 at 12:29AM, Oct. 5, 2022
(offline)
North Korea launches a missile, the military goes on alert. The missile is tracked and the anti-missile weapons are ready. The trajectory ends up going in the ocean and the defense forces stand down.

Everyone did their job and very well too. What honestly could you have done about it? Maybe an umbrella for falling debris? A hard hat?

Stay hunkered in a bunker all day?

I have a leaky roof at work and falling ceiling tiles. That I can do something about. A missile? No. Roof repair and fix the lights. Yes.

And I still have the damage to my new car and that infected tooth. Don't know but my plate is pretty full. I'll let the triple A guys worry about the missile. *triple A: Anti Aircraft Artillery.

Ozoneocean at 7:41AM, Oct. 5, 2022
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
Roof repair and fix the lights. Yes.

Make sure you don't go with the cheapest option for the roof XD
Jeez, the back roof stated leaking in the rain a few month ago during winter here and I got up to fix it myself. Finding that leak was a NIGHTMARE! I'd spend HOURS up there in the cold wind taping up every crack with expensive aluminium flashing tape, Only to have it leak like nothing happened during the next rain storm.

This went on for weeks. I eventually taped up and pasted silicone sealer on every single conceivable AND inconceivable ingress point and finally solved the issue. The roof is nice and neat too- not a sticky mess.
I'm an artist so I know how to do a god job.

Teeth… it's painkillers for me and antibiotics if the pain gets to bad haha. Dentist is the last resort.

Lothar is in Japan so NK is a huge worry there.
lothar at 8:35AM, Oct. 5, 2022
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:

Lothar is in Japan so NK is a huge worry there.

I was pretty close to the flight path too. I got an alert on my phone telling people there was a missile heading our way and to seek shelter. hahahahah … ok, guess I'll hide under the kitchen table. after about ten minutes they sent another message that it had passed and landed in the pacific.
J_Scarbrough at 9:02AM, Oct. 5, 2022
(offline)
lothar wrote:
Yesterday North Korea launched a missile over us. Everyone went about their day like it was no big deal. Am I the crazy one?
Not necessarily. Here in America, we've become so desensitized to the senseless gun violence that certain politicians of ours continue to perpetuate in our country, that to hear about another mass shooting on our news is like just another day to us anymore.

Joseph Scarbrough
bravo1102 at 2:10AM, Oct. 6, 2022
(offline)
The last few mass shootings revealed how poorly trained and unmotivated some law enforcement is when faced with a well armed adversary. Don't sit there watching those videos with a retired cop from an inner city neighborhood. He'll rant at how much like the three stooges the idiots in the video were.
Even a marginally tactically proficient former Army like me could see it. We pay for all this wonderful paramilitary equipment and they stand around like the Keystone kops.
last edited on Oct. 6, 2022 5:01AM
J_Scarbrough at 5:36PM, Oct. 6, 2022
(offline)
These are the first two original cartoon characters I ever created (also just the first two original characters I ever created, period) from all the way back in 1999: Walter J. Duck and Slug Head J. Baxter.

Cartoon Network was a huge influence on me as a kid, and specifically, shows like COW AND CHICKEN, ED, EDD N EDDY, and COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG inspired the most with the creation of these characters.

I don't know about any of you, but perhaps Walter would fit right into a site like this. :P

Joseph Scarbrough
Ozoneocean at 9:13PM, Oct. 6, 2022
(online)
Distant cousin of our mascot :D
The style reminds me of Rocko's Modern Life.
J_Scarbrough at 9:59PM, Oct. 6, 2022
(offline)
Back in those days, ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE was the only thing I watched regularly on Nickelodeon (later, I'd occasionally watch HEY ARNOLD!, CATDOG, and KENAN & KEL), but it too had a major influence on me as well - I'd even go so far as to say that the dynamic of Walter and Slug Head's friendship was modeled after Rocko and Heffer a little, in that Walter was sort of the straight everyman (er, everyduck), whereas Slug Head was a bit more of an impulsive and kind of happy-go-lucky guy (er, slug).

But I was such a big dork as a kid, that I not only pretended that Walter and Slug Head were a Cartoon Network property, but like most of their shows, I drew a total of 52 Walter and Slug Head cartoons (2 per “episode”) over the course of four “seasons” from 1999 to 2003.

Joseph Scarbrough
Ozoneocean at 1:50AM, Oct. 8, 2022
(online)
Never a dork for liking Roko's Modern Life! I LOVED that show! 💙

—-

I wonder if someone can explain this:

Coolio did a song called “Gangsta's Paradise” to promote the Michelle Pfeiffer movie Dangerous Minds.
People really love it and he was proud of it.
Back in the day he got annoyed when Weird Al Jankovic did a comedy version.

Ok, so why doe s NO ONE ever me tion that Colio simply changed the words to an old Stevie Wonder song. Just like a child writing their own words to any old pop song or like Weird Al did to Coolios version.
People pretend that Coolio was clever for that song when I
The truth is the exact opposite.

Past time Paradise is a clever Stevie Wonder song. Coolio's childish derivative version is not.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon